Author Topic: The Toxic set [restructuring with ctrl alt store]  (Read 433297 times)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: The Toxic set [restructuring with ctrl alt store]
« Reply #1950 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 13:28:51 »
Show Image

my a.87 is ready.

Ouch, my eyes are bleeding now.

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #1951 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 13:31:44 »
Show Image

my a.87 is ready.

will be the full of Toxic there :p

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1952 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 14:19:34 »
Show Image

my a.87 is ready.

yo that's awesome
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline acantha

• Aure Entuluva
« Reply #1953 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 16:07:16 »
i am going to be spending so much on this group buy. and i can't even bring myself to worry about it. TOO PSYCHED.

thanks a million to bunny for bringing this one home. you sir are a rockstar.
All the Happy Hacking Things

Offline tbc

« Reply #1954 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 16:39:49 »
is the toxic cable going to be limited edition?

if so, would i need to buy a set before being allowed to purchase?
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1955 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 17:46:13 »
is the toxic cable going to be limited edition?

if so, would i need to buy a set before being allowed to purchase?

nope cable will be standard order
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1956 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 17:51:23 »
Talk about hype, here's an idea, run this thing in all three profiles DCS, DSA and SA OR just DSA and SA :o

as stated to several points before, there is an expectation to make this buy as cheap as possible, and that does the complete opposite

also, the quotes in the op of this thread are incredibly out of date, and a world away from what i got quoted, im currently in talks with sp trying to get closer to people expectations

this is nothing to panic about ,the kits are made such that its going to be very affordable, i just think either these prices were really old or there is a mistake somewhere, as soon as i have a reply from sp though ill get the prices locked in

Bunny if SA isn't your thing (for gawd sake why it isn't I will never know) then you should go for DSA.  Remember that baby will fit on just about every keyboard that was ever made or anything currently shipped out of factories today.

Just don't go wasting time and money making another DCS profiled piece of boredom.  We need more DSA love but ultimately the SA is still the sexiest key-set to ever grace any keyboard.  Funny how you said the SA profile is so tight on your keyboard, I just lube my SA's and slip them on with no real problems.  I suspect you never tried lube before in your life.  If you have a large device always use lube because it just makes things easier on you and the recipient  :thumb: .

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1957 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 17:55:10 »
Talk about hype, here's an idea, run this thing in all three profiles DCS, DSA and SA OR just DSA and SA :o

as stated to several points before, there is an expectation to make this buy as cheap as possible, and that does the complete opposite

also, the quotes in the op of this thread are incredibly out of date, and a world away from what i got quoted, im currently in talks with sp trying to get closer to people expectations

this is nothing to panic about ,the kits are made such that its going to be very affordable, i just think either these prices were really old or there is a mistake somewhere, as soon as i have a reply from sp though ill get the prices locked in

Bunny if SA isn't your thing (for gawd sake why it isn't I will never know) then you should go for DSA.  Remember that baby will fit on just about every keyboard that was ever made or anything currently shipped out of factories today.

Just don't go wasting time and money making another DCS profiled piece of boredom.  We need more DSA love but ultimately the SA is still the sexiest key-set to ever grace any keyboard.  Funny how you said the SA profile is so tight on your keyboard, I just lube my SA's and slip them on with no real problems.  I suspect you never tried lube before in your life.  If you have a large device always use lube because it just makes things easier on you and the recipient  :thumb: .

This set would look great in DSA, but I'm ready for the GMK GB's
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1958 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 17:59:32 »
this set is dcs with cherry legends guys

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1959 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 18:05:08 »
The lack of reading comprehension in this thread is mind boggling... :/
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1960 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 18:13:03 »
The lack of reading comprehension in this thread is mind boggling... :/

they see a post and then they stop reading to post

makes sense, just quote and move on
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1961 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 18:32:05 »

Yeah I know it's DCS and Cherry legends.     I was just saying that a DSA Toxic set would look good also.

EDIT:  oops. I don't think that was addressed to me :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 March 2014, 18:38:36 by CommonCurt »
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1962 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 19:18:46 »

Yeah I know it's DCS and Cherry legends.     I was just saying that a DSA Toxic set would look good also.

You bet Bunny has taken over it, so it's now BunnyLake's Key-set.  Hence why stop there, since he is reapplying the icons onto a fresh layout why not re-choose the profile for this colour-way to sit on?

Never liked DCS because it was always a cheapo version of GMK's lustrous Cherry profile, so why go with an inferior copy?  I suggest re-examine the profile choice again because everyone wants a durable key-set that will last on their keyboards.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1963 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 19:24:20 »
Looking good !  ;D
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1964 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 20:08:10 »
Elrick, to get Cherry replica legends on DSA profile caps would require another $5000 or so for tooling new legends, as the ones that were funded by Geekhack were only for that one profile (DCS). At least this is my understanding. Same applies for SA profile.

While I personally love SA profile, I actually really like DCS, and can hardly abide DSA.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1965 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 20:11:02 »
Elrick, to get Cherry replica legends on DSA profile caps would require another $5000 or so for tooling new legends, as the ones that were funded by Geekhack were only for that one profile (DCS). At least this is my understanding. Same applies for SA profile.

While I personally love SA profile, I actually really like DCS, and can hardly abide DSA.

Could you elaborate on why you do not like DSA?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1966 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 20:16:16 »

Well, because the profile is the same for all rows, it's sometimes my only choice for custom layouts, like my little 40% design.

But given the correct cap sizes for the layout, I'd literally take almost any other profile, because they are so FLAT. There is no contour for the comfort of your fingers and ease of typing. You reach for a key, and your finger has to travel further to find it.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1967 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 20:19:40 »

Well, because the profile is the same for all rows, it's sometimes my only choice for custom layouts, like my little 40% design.

But given the correct cap sizes for the layout, I'd literally take almost any other profile, because they are so FLAT. There is no contour for the comfort of your fingers and ease of typing. You reach for a key, and your finger has to travel further to find it.

I think I got you. I have not tried them yet, but I hope to get a set soon to do it. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Offline Snooter

« Reply #1968 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 20:37:32 »
Bunny, you got us the windows 8 logo along with old school windows keys, is there any interest and/or possibility for the windows 7 logo?

NO INTEREST at all here in this Group Buy BUDDY  >:( .

His use of old style Windows Logo is okay and much needed, because I'm happy with it  :thumb: .  No need for the foul logos of Win 8 and Win 7 (even though I am currently using both versions).

Sometimes you need to keep the unique older logos for the greater good here and quieten down a bit.  Thus far what he has proposed is good enough for manufacture as is and I'm happy to put down money on this as soon as possible.  Plus the fact that Bunny is running this whole show here you lot have nothing to worry about because it will come out superb from SP, just the way it should.

:thumb:

I know it's a moot point now but, I'm sure some people would have liked the win 7 logo as well. I don't see anything "foul" about it and kind of a big assumption to say there is no interest. I mean if someone requests windows 8 surely win7 has some love too ;D .  Everyone has their own preference, yours is clearly the old style, but that just looks out of place in my eyes. Nothing personally against the logo, I just like the win 7 one more.

Genuinely curious what you mean by keeping the old logos for the greater good though, if you want to elaborate. I have no idea what you mean by that.

Offline tbc

« Reply #1969 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 20:40:55 »
^ it's just the logo that has the most vocal supporters.  nothing more than that.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1970 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 21:01:16 »
Bunny, you got us the windows 8 logo along with old school windows keys, is there any interest and/or possibility for the windows 7 logo?

NO INTEREST at all here in this Group Buy BUDDY  >:( .

His use of old style Windows Logo is okay and much needed, because I'm happy with it  :thumb: .  No need for the foul logos of Win 8 and Win 7 (even though I am currently using both versions).

Sometimes you need to keep the unique older logos for the greater good here and quieten down a bit.  Thus far what he has proposed is good enough for manufacture as is and I'm happy to put down money on this as soon as possible.  Plus the fact that Bunny is running this whole show here you lot have nothing to worry about because it will come out superb from SP, just the way it should.

:thumb:

I know it's a moot point now but, I'm sure some people would have liked the win 7 logo as well. I don't see anything "foul" about it and kind of a big assumption to say there is no interest. I mean if someone requests windows 8 surely win7 has some love too ;D .  Everyone has their own preference, yours is clearly the old style, but that just looks out of place in my eyes. Nothing personally against the logo, I just like the win 7 one more.

Genuinely curious what you mean by keeping the old logos for the greater good though, if you want to elaborate. I have no idea what you mean by that.

I really don't think we need 6 windows keys

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1971 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 21:03:26 »
Thats the one thing I wish was different on my cyrillic keyset. Everything is perfect except the Windows 8 logos. :(  I wish it had Windows 7 Logos. I will never upgrade. (did before, it was a waste of time and harddrive space, formatting, etc)

Offline Snooter

« Reply #1972 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 21:03:54 »
I agree bunny I'm not asking for anymore, I was just replying to Elrick with my opinion and asking for clarification about what he said.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1973 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 21:05:48 »
I really don't think we need 6 windows keys

That's telling them Bunny  :thumb: .  I'm even happy with just that "Toxic Bubbling Beaker" being the only icon used for windows keys (considering Windows is one huge Toxic Mess in itself).

Sorry I spoke out of turn regarding the replacement of the DCS for DSA profile due to the extra costs it would require.  I'm just a dopey buyer hence my understanding of icons being applied on different profiles is severely limited.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1974 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 03:13:09 »
Guys,

could you please stop bothering Bunny with these tedious questions and proposals?! Don't make him explain the same stuff over and over again. This is not an interest check. We are way past the point to discuss profile etc. If you don't like a certain Win Key then use the universal Bubble Beaker or don't join the GB. It's that simple.

The GB starts next Wednesday:

Keep calm until then, check out the final kits and then decide whether you like what you see or not. If you don't like it so be it, but please don't post in the final GB thread.

But who am I kidding :

There will be "Hey Bunny, can you please add a 3unit spacebar for my Mongolian custom keyboard?" and "I need a 1,75unit left Shift Key" posts on the very first page of the new thread...

Offline Glissant

« Reply #1975 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 05:00:35 »

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1976 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 05:27:12 »
Show Image

:p

But it had to be said!

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #1977 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 08:21:07 »
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1978 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 09:45:48 »

Offline Glissant

« Reply #1979 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 09:49:06 »
Just take control of my bank account already, Bunny.

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #1980 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 09:57:25 »

I'll stop now (probably)
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1981 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 13:09:05 »
Show Image

Love it.  For more hype, add one of these to your Toxic mockup teaser!   :p
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1982 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 13:15:06 »
Show Image

lol its already in one if you go back

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1983 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 13:18:14 »
Show Image

Haha thanks.  Found it and saved.  And now super hyped.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1984 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 13:20:57 »
Show Image

Haha thanks.  Found it and saved.  And now super hyped.

not long to go

we are really pushing to have it ready for wednesday and not friday

my advice would be this

be ready at launch time

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1985 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 13:25:31 »
once the new gb thread goes live guys, we will be sending an email to everyone who was on the original order list to the email you provided, an email will also go out to anyone signed up to ctrl alt, i apologize in advance for anyone who gets an email form both services, but we are using 2 different methods to do this

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1986 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 13:35:37 »
So it might be a first come, first serve thing?  Looks like I might not be getting any sleep this week.   :eek:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1987 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 13:41:02 »
So it might be a first come, first serve thing?  Looks like I might not be getting any sleep this week.   :eek:

this will be the last info on them prior to the buy going live

the bots will be limited
you will be able to choose either mx or topre
they are not so limited there is no chance you will get a set, but being on the ball when the buy goes live will do a lot to improve your chances
anyone who tries to game the system in any way will not get a set
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 March 2014, 13:46:29 by BunnyLake »

Offline Exroath

« Reply #1988 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 14:17:47 »

the bots will be limited
they are not so limited there is no chance you will get a set, but being on the ball when the buy goes live will do a lot to improve your chances

Hope this is the case, Being broless I feel like a lesser member of these forums :P

Have you decided on which date this will be going live?

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1989 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 14:20:16 »

the bots will be limited

Hope this is the case, Being broless I feel like a lesser member of these forums :P

wednesday

Offline Merloobi

« Reply #1990 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 14:20:27 »

the bots will be limited

not long to go

we are really pushing to have it ready for wednesday and not friday

my advice would be this

be ready at launch time

Offline jufa

« Reply #1991 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 14:22:18 »
sorry for my ignorance
how about people who not participate in original order ?

order at ctrl alt web ?

« Last Edit: Sun, 02 March 2014, 14:24:59 by jufa »

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1992 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 14:29:14 »
http://www.amazon.com/Accoutrements-12027-Horse-Head-Mask/dp/B003G4IM4S

--

I will wear this mask when the GB launches, and hope I get some MX Bro Bots. :cool:
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1993 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 14:41:24 »
sorry for my ignorance

order at ctrl alt web ?

I believe it should be open to anyone who create a new order on the store

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1994 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 15:11:04 »
sorry for my ignorance

order at ctrl alt web ?

I believe it should be open to anyone who create a new order on the store

ordering will start totally from scratch, no orders will carry over, buy is open to everyone

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1995 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 16:14:40 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1996 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 16:17:59 »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1997 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 16:22:47 »

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #1998 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 16:22:56 »

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN