Author Topic: The Toxic set [restructuring with ctrl alt store]  (Read 433297 times)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
Re: The Toxic set [restructuring with ctrl alt store]
« Reply #2050 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 10:05:20 »
You shouldn't be making a loss, Bunny. That's not the spirit of a group buy, really.

its fine

im convinced the quotes are wrong

ill ifnd a way to squeeze everything in at the right price dont worry

Worst case BL you could just add a donation block to the order form.  Similar to how the GH key GB was done.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2051 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 10:10:52 »
You shouldn't be making a loss, Bunny. That's not the spirit of a group buy, really.

its fine

im convinced the quotes are wrong

ill ifnd a way to squeeze everything in at the right price dont worry

Worst case BL you could just add a donation block to the order form.  Similar to how the GH key GB was done.

there wont be a need for that

we will get it going, i wasnt gonna mention it it just seemed appropriate in order to explain why i dont know what additions i can plan on yet

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Exroath

« Reply #2052 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 10:14:38 »
I love this set already so bros are a huge bonus if I score them (broless atm) but I want the set with or without them.

Even if I dont grab a set I would be happy to donate to help cover the cost, This set wouldnt be getting made if bunny had not stepped in. So its only fair that I throw some change at him/her :D

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2053 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 10:20:01 »
I love this set already so bros are a huge bonus if I score them (broless atm) but I want the set with or without them.

Even if I dont grab a set I would be happy to donate to help cover the cost, This set wouldnt be getting made if bunny had not stepped in. So its only fair that I throw some change at him/her :D

just to be clear guys, the buy is in no trouble

the buys will be set at a price that will be comfortable for everyone, there is nothing to worry about at all

the way i set my prices always is i pick the tier i know the buy will reach, and pick the tier id think it could reach, i se thte price somewhere between those 2 places, that way if we only hit the tier i know we will reach we are covered, and if we hit the better one, i can add stuff to the set

the prices between the upper tiers have very little margin either side of them ,so its never much of a swing, as stated before, 2 of the quotes have come back weird, hopefully sp will fix these, if they dont, ill set the price at what i think they should cost, and if the prices dont get fixed, other kits will hit a slightly better tier than we think the the overage there should cover losses on other kits

so, no need for donations or anything of the sort, all will be fine, and i think i have worked on prices everyone will hopefully be happy with

i stated before, 1 or 2 kits will be inline with what we normally charge on ctrl alt, everything else will be cheaper, obviosly the tiers we pick and expect to hit, are higher with this buy due to its history and interest

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2054 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 15:39:15 »
quick update

we got pricing on the 2 odd kits sorted from sp and all is in line with what we thought it should be now

sooooooooooon

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #2055 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 15:39:58 »
woo!  go bunny, go!
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #2056 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 15:48:57 »
quick update

we got pricing on the 2 odd kits sorted from sp and all is in line with what we thought it should be now

sooooooooooon

So what was up with the pricing issue?
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2057 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 15:50:47 »
quick update

sooooooooooon

So what was up with the pricing issue?

just a mistake it seems, whatever the issue was, what matters is its all sorted, all thats left now is to finish the site which we are working on

Offline nopunchespulled

« Reply #2058 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 16:48:42 »
so we need to fill out an invoice again or what?

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #2059 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 16:51:00 »

Bunny will probably announce the exact time soon, but this buy will be totally restarting with Ctrl Alt (and a completely different thread to avoid confusion). The new buy will start tomorrow or Friday.

Offline nopunchespulled

« Reply #2060 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 17:26:56 »

Bunny will probably announce the exact time soon, but this buy will be totally restarting with Ctrl Alt (and a completely different thread to avoid confusion). The new buy will start tomorrow or Friday.

can we please have a link to the buy thread in the first post then, I dont want to miss this group buy

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #2061 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 17:39:40 »

can we please have a link to the buy thread in the first post then, I dont want to miss this group buy

This thread will be locked to avoid confusion.

Offline Exroath

« Reply #2062 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 18:19:52 »
Cant wait! Will have to grab it on my mobile.. so every 2 hours I might have to have to hop outside and check :D

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2063 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 18:21:05 »
Cant wait! Will have to grab it on my mobile.. so every 2 hours I might have to have to hop outside and check :D

anyone who is already signed up to this buy or ctrl alt will get an email

Offline moogle

« Reply #2064 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 18:22:59 »

will the email be sent out a little before or right on the launch?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #2065 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 18:24:14 »
This thread will be locked to avoid confusion.

Thanks for that, good to keep it all in one place for orders and comments  :thumb: .

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2066 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 18:24:18 »

right on launch

what will happen most likely is, a bit before i go live, ill ask for a couple of volunteers to give me a little hand testing something, then after that we will go live and send the emails out

Offline moogle

« Reply #2067 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 18:27:54 »

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #2068 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 18:28:23 »

right on launch

what will happen most likely is, a bit before i go live, ill ask for a couple of volunteers to give me a little hand testing something, then after that we will go live and send the emails out
I volunteer my body for science!  :p

edit:  seriously, though.  I'll be awake for at least the next 10 hours, so I can help with testing if needed.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 March 2014, 18:31:47 by naasfu »
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

Offline Myroon

« Reply #2069 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 18:30:23 »
I was offline for a while. Can you briefly explain what happened? Sales started? What about MassDrop?
CM Storm Quick Fire XT - Mx Blue | CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid - Mx Red

Offline kektr0city

« Reply #2070 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 18:32:34 »
I was offline for a while. Can you briefly explain what happened? Sales started? What about MassDrop?

Sales have not started.  BunnyLake is running the GB now, no more MD.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #2071 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 18:32:44 »

Massdrop is out of the picture. It will go through ctrl alt store. GB opens tomorrow evening or Friday. There will be a new thread when the GB launches, and then this thread will be closed to prevent confusion. All prices and mockups will be in the aforemention new thread. Also when you order, should you meet the criteria of base set + mods ordered, make a note in your order saying "MX BroBots or Topre BroBots" if you'd like a chance at some nice BB's. The BroBots will be first come, first serve, so be ready at launch time if you want to at least have a chance at getting to buy them. You won't be notified whether you get a pack of BroBots or not before 7 days after you have paid for the order, it's like that to prevent people backing out of the group buy if they didn't get the opportunity to buy the BroBots.

I think that covers it?
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 March 2014, 18:43:12 by epzy »
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Ishamael

« Reply #2072 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 18:44:57 »
I wanted a better idea of what different alpha/mods/strip combos would look like together, so I combined some of the mockups Bunny posted previously. They are posted below in case they might help others decide.

Note: the final kits may look exactly the same, completely different, or anywhere in between depending on what Bunny comes up with for the final offering. They are only combinations of previously posted images I threw together real quick.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #2073 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 18:47:04 »
I wanted a better idea of what different alpha/mods/strip combos would look like together, so I combined some of the mockups Bunny posted previously. They are posted below in case they might help others decide.

Note: the final kits may look exactly the same, completely different, or anywhere in between depending on what Bunny comes up with for the final offering. They are only combinations of previously posted images I threw together real quick.
Awesome.  These are very helpful.  Thanks, Ishamael!   :thumb:

edit:  Hmm.. I'm thinking of using partial Toxic stripe on a 60%.  Green mods + green 5-8 numbers.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #2074 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 18:48:19 »

Thanks for this. Looks sick.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2075 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 18:52:17 »

edit:  Hmm.. I'm thinking of using partial Toxic stripe on a 60%.  Green mods + green 5-8 numbers.

toxic stripe, toxic mods toxic spacebar 60%

win

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #2076 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 20:08:08 »

win

Go for the Toxic stripe across the whole range.  Very nice indeed  :thumb: .  Looking forward to this immensely  8) .

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2077 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 20:14:23 »
I've been checking GH, F5-ing ctrlaltgroupbuy.com. Stressful. Ha ha ha. But it's fun to look forward to something like this once a while.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #2078 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 20:34:59 »

win

Toxic stripe, Toxic mods and a Toxic 15u space bar (SP sadly doesn't have a mold for this) would be EPIC.

I wonder if anyone is going to kill their F5 switch in anticipation for this.

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #2079 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 00:25:40 »
Not sure about my f5, but my phone is taking a pounding.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #2080 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 00:42:50 »
The good Bunny sleeps.  And hopefully when he awakens, he will spew toxic sludge over all the good little children.  Hippity glop, hippity blop.

Offline Exroath

« Reply #2081 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 01:48:26 »
Could someone tell me what size of space bar I'll need for a poker 2??

Offline skuko

« Reply #2082 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 01:50:50 »
DSA! :P

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2083 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 01:51:24 »
GOOD MORNING BUNNY SIR!!! IT'S WEDNESDAY :D

(It should be 8am now in London.. ha ha ha!! I am soooo excited!)

Offline shrapneL

hello.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #2085 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 01:54:34 »

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #2086 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 01:56:18 »

That size should come with whatever the basic TKL set is.

Offline Exroath

« Reply #2087 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 01:57:46 »
Thanks!!

Offline skuko

« Reply #2088 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 01:58:23 »

DSA?

i meant i'd love it in DSA, which is obviously not going to happen, but there's no harm in asking, right?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2089 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 02:00:11 »
My body is ready!

Intoxicate me Bunny  :p

Offline shrapneL

« Reply #2090 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 02:02:12 »

DSA?

i meant i'd love it in DSA, which is obviously not going to happen, but there's no harm in asking, right?

Haha I guess not even though you already know the answer xD
hello.

Offline bumgrapes

• Poker II
« Reply #2091 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 02:10:13 »
Gief tocsik naw pls bunny

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2092 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 03:52:03 »
I have a feeling I have to wake up at 3am today, ha ha ha!

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2093 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 04:01:53 »

It's 3am here now. Haha.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2094 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 04:03:47 »

It's 3am here now. Haha.

It's 9pm Wednesday here - time for bed (early start tomorrow, as usual).

Good night everyone.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #2095 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 04:05:08 »
Night Rowdy, I doubt the buy will go live until the US is up so I think we have a couple hours to wait still.

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #2096 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 04:06:58 »
I'm not going to bother staying awake in an attempt to get anything, I recall once when I stayed awake for a CC sale, so stupid of me, wasted so long awake to no avail.
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2097 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 04:14:03 »

I'm not going to bother staying awake in an attempt to get anything, I recall once when I stayed awake for a CC sale, so stupid of me, wasted so long awake to no avail.
The fun part is the waking up, trying to submit your order while in daze and then go to sleep only to be happy/disappointed when you finally wake. But, well, it's fun you know. We need something to look forward to once a whole in our lives. Kinda sad to say this now that I re-read what I wrote.

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #2098 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 04:16:35 »

The fun part is the waking up, trying to submit your order while in daze and then go to sleep only to be happy/disappointed when you finally wake. But, well, it's fun you know. We need something to look forward to once a whole in our lives. Kinda sad to say this now that I re-read what I wrote.
Haha.
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2099 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 05:44:53 »
im awake