Author Topic: The Toxic set [restructuring with ctrl alt store]  (Read 433299 times)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: The Toxic set [taking orders]
« Reply #650 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 07:13:42 »
So it's not going to happen for everyone just because one individual (you) is speaking as a pessimist?
Or have you been bribed?

Haha. No, I haven't been bribed by anyone. I just can't see dragging this GB out any looooooooonger than it already has. I'm sure I'm not making Daniel happy by saying this, either. I know it's a new color, so samples have to be made, etc. But yeah, it's time to move this along now. It's been so long since I placed my order, I can't even remember now what I ordered. But I'm sure I was smart about it when I placed it. :)

I'm not criticizing Daniel at all. Things had to proceed at a certain pace, due to the new color being made, etc. It just seems like this GB is taking a while to get off the ground.

I don't see gmk filling in the various GB needs by a long shot...

I agree. Everyone was so quick to abandon SP when GMK was discovered, but SP has really catered to our needs and made what we wanted. GMK is more about us just placing an order for what they already have.

The wyse font is ok, but the cherry one is just so much better - for toxic in particular it would mean a more balanced look due to more continuous grellow surface on the GX-grey keys.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. ;D

If most people want Cherry font, and are willing to wait several more months for that to happen, then I'm not forced to participate. Just put up a poll and see if that's the case, I guess.

Sorry if I rained on your parade. :(
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #651 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 07:16:20 »
Concerning Cherry font this is what I know:
There was pretty much a full set of SVGs done and then the higher quality images of Cherry font were released. I was told a new better set of SVGs was being made for sending off to SP but it wasn't done yet but "soon" and that was over a month ago. There is only around $1000 left to cover new legend fees so I offered to incorporate that to the Toxic group buy because it is already so large and the price hit would be minimal. I've asked for an update on the new SVGs twice the last month and have not received a reply, and I've offered to help make the SVGs or get the ball rolling in any way, shape, or form if the delays are just caused by lack of time on other people's schedules. Honestly Cherry font could be done by now, Sanctuary has been done for awhile but just hasn't shipped until recently and that started a little under a year ago with the group buy starting in July. I believe if something is worth doing, it is worth doing right and without a doubt Cherry font would look great with the Toxic color scheme, and be worth the wait.

I would rather have bad news than no news though so at least we could collectively make the judgement call.

Dan, can I know what I ordered please? ;D
PM sent

It just seems like this GB is taking a while to get off the ground.
Sanctuary started in mid July, was completely new legends, has just started shipping, and could have started shipping maybe even a month ago. Toxic started in mid December so we are nearing month 3, compared to Sanctuary which took 7 months. Things would move faster if those in charge of Cherry legends would accept freely offered assistance *shrug* I literally could have been making SVGs and helping in other ways since December or earlier.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 February 2013, 07:23:37 by danielucf »
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #652 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 12:10:17 »
Dan can you please reduce my order to

1x Base Set
1x Modifier Set
1x Iso Set

With all the awesome group buys going on (Klaxon, RainDrop, CCnG) I can't afford all the extra stuff anymore.

Man, this place is called WalletHack for a reason ... I am a member for a little more than 2 months and got sucked into 4 major group buys already :D

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #653 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 12:24:26 »
childs play. I have over $1000 tied up in group buys right now.

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #654 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 12:26:55 »
childs play. I have over $1000 tied up in group buys right now.

Please tell me you're getting something like the KMAC and it's not all keycaps!

Cheers,
IBM Model M 1390120, Otaku Unicomp+RGB, CM QFR Green, Ducky YOTD Red, SSK MKII,
ErgoDox Blue, ErgoDox White

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #655 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 12:29:06 »
2x LZGH, $300 Round 4. I also have about $100 in this GB, but I already paid for it by trading something to dan. There might be one or two more, I can't remember honestly.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #656 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 12:32:00 »
Over 200 in R4, over 200 in DSA retro, over 100 in klaxon, then Toxic.  Plus two phantoms.  I'm over 1000 like emptythecache  :'(

Offline Batmann

« Reply #657 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 12:51:07 »
think about the unboxing guys!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #658 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 12:55:05 »
Klaxon - $350
DSA Retro - $250
RainDrop - $100
Toxic
LZ-GH
Phantom x 3

You people need to spend more. J/K. :P
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #659 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 13:07:16 »
JD has the biggest e-peen :P
Anyway the R4 unboxing will be awesome, true.  I can't wait to do it next year

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #660 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 13:17:29 »
Yea with all this spur of the moment quick "I want it now" group buys popping up people should be happy we might delay for Cherry legends :p

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #661 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 13:32:17 »
Anyway the R4 unboxing will be awesome, true.  I can't wait to do it next year
rofl

For real though, it's nice to see so much variety :)

Offline prava

« Reply #662 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 17:10:07 »
Oh snap, didn't check the "toxic vendor set", how do I fix this? Pm to the OP?

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #663 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 17:36:42 »

Yup. That and asking in here won't hurt either.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #664 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 18:01:34 »
Yea with all this spur of the moment quick "I want it now" group buys popping up people should be happy we might delay for Cherry legends :p

Brilliant.  Cherry awesomeness should be allowed here.  There's just too much WYSE love.....everywhere.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #665 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 17:25:00 »
The color of this plastic definitely looks different depending on the angle and the lighting. It does seem really accurate to the pantone color I gave though 389 C. It looks good, under the yellow lighting in my room it has that muted yellow/green appearance. Outside in the sun it has kind of a more neon green that sort of pops.

You can see how it compares to the AKG Q701 Lime green, the Hyper Pistachio cable from techkeys.us, and my dirty ass puma shoe

I am happy with the color, so I guess we just need to tweak these two legends for alignment and decide what font to use. I still have not heard back from hashbaz so maybe if more people start pinging him and asking he'll come back with a response. Maybe I should post a poll for font choice? In order of what I'd personally want from most to least: Cherry, Small font from Korean graphite set, WYSE, Exocet.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #666 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 17:26:37 »
Can't wait to see that color as legends on the dark gray.

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #667 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 17:29:35 »
In order of what I'd personally want from most to least: Cherry, Small font from Korean graphite set, WYSE, Exocet.

I personally like it. Do you have links to examples of these fonts? The only ones I know are Cherry and WYSE

And I think a poll is a very good idea at this point unless you can't get people to participate in it
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline emptythecache

• out.
The Toxic set [taking orders]
« Reply #668 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 19:00:00 »
I believe Exocet is the diablo inspired font in the sanctuary set in dan's picture. And I'm not sure we are allowed to use the font from the graphite set. Clearly cherry is the best option if we can do it.

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #669 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 19:20:25 »
TBH, we already have many sets now. I think we can wait to get one "perfect" keyset. We don't need to be in a hurry. :3

Offline jcrouse

Re: Re: The Toxic set [taking orders]
« Reply #670 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 19:25:19 »
TBH, we already have many sets now. I think we can wait to get one "perfect" keyset. We don't need to be in a hurry. :3

I agree. I only speak for myself but am willing to wait. I can tell you that the Cherry font will be the most popular, by a big margin. First step, get a status. I already asked for one in the Cherry Legend Project thread. We will see.

John

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #671 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 19:28:28 »
I am happy with the color, so I guess we just need to tweak these two legends for alignment and decide what font to use. I still have not heard back from hashbaz so maybe if more people start pinging him and asking he'll come back with a response. Maybe I should post a poll for font choice? In order of what I'd personally want from most to least: Cherry, Small font from Korean graphite set, WYSE, Exocet.

KOREAN GRAPHITE FONT.

omg that would look so damn beautiful.  I've been waiting for someone to pick up this font on a gb here.

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #672 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 19:38:00 »
+1

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #673 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 19:38:25 »
KOREAN GRAPHITE FONT.

omg that would look so damn beautiful.  I've been waiting for someone to pick up this font on a gb here.
I have no idea who to ask for permission. I imagine it is someone at kbdmania or OTD. If someone finds out, and depending what happens with Cherry legends I'll ask permission.

This picture also looks good except for the crooked sticker and the little pieces of plastic  stuck to it I haven't removed yet.

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #674 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 19:41:46 »
http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/6095548

KOREAN GRAPHITE FONT.

http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/3588361

i hope not.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #675 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 19:52:20 »

Offline Supergleep

« Reply #676 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 19:58:10 »

KOREAN GRAPHITE FONT.

i hope not.

If the the quoted pictures are the Korean Graphite font, I'd have to agree, kinda 'meh'.  Preferred order: 1) Cherry font 2) Wyse 3) Korean Graphite. Not even ranking Exocet (Diablo III) as an option, if that was the font choice, I'd cancel my order.

That said, if some movement on the Cherry font project transpires, I'm all about waiting long enough to get Cherry fonts on this amazing keyset. Thanks again for putting this together Daniel.
Filco Tenkeyless - Daily Driver  |  Filco Linear R - 87  | Filco 104 Ninja

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #677 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 20:02:49 »

KOREAN GRAPHITE FONT.

I disagree. I like the graphite font and use it on my daily driver at home but personally I think it is too petite or frail for the boldness that toxic deserves.

John

Offline Lunartuna

• Good bye money!
« Reply #678 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 20:07:25 »
After seeing this...

Might have to get in on this...

Shine 2 TKL - Choc Mini

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #679 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 20:30:05 »
I want this set now please!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #680 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 20:46:56 »
After seeing this...

Show Image

osht.

can you add the toxic mods to my order pls daniel?

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #681 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 21:07:40 »

i hope not.

Are you saying you don't like that font?

yeah. i think, that font is low visibility of text and toixc color.
After seeing this...

Show Image

Looks good !
Cherry font stand out toxic color more.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #682 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 21:27:40 »
Looks good !
Cherry font stand out toxic color more.

Yeah, if we can get the cherry font I say lets do it.  Cause that looks really good.  But god knows how long it'll take....

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #683 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 22:12:06 »
Drunken night!!

I resubmitted an order but forgot to select priority mail, can you change that for me. Could you also delete my old order please.

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 March 2013, 06:53:51 by boost »
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #684 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 22:32:45 »
Just resubmitted an order buy forgot to select priority mail , and you.change that for me and delete my old order?

Thanks!!

I sure hope your typing on a smartphone man. Remember what I told ya earlier bout age. Or was there an extended happy hour tonight?

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #685 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 23:23:41 »
It's friday night... he's probably typing on a potato after drinking potato vodka and having mashed potatoes with dinner.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline Zehkul

« Reply #686 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 06:26:10 »
Why does everyone hate the WYSE font?

It’s too small for color on black to look good. Color on black lacks contrast and needs bigger letters to stand out enough. Sets like this one would REALLY REALLY benefit from the Cherry font project.

Yeah, that’s pretty much why I’m not in this GB (yet?).

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #687 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 06:55:04 »
Drunken night!!

I resubmitted an order but forgot to select priority mail, can you change that for me. Could you also delete my old order please.

Thanks!!

Fixed it. -_+
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Infallible

« Reply #688 on: Sat, 02 March 2013, 23:54:26 »
After seeing this...

Show Image

osht.

I would also like the mods added to my order, that looks fantastic...

Offline YongJK

« Reply #689 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 00:58:28 »
Hey dan, could you please put me to the list ?

2 X Base set
1 X Mod set

Intl shipping.

Thanks  :)
Keyboard: PLU ML87 Mx Blue

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #690 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 00:59:01 »
Added it for you.

osht.

Added.

Drunken night!!

Thanks!!

Your old order is removed, and shipping on the current one is now noted for priority.

Added.

Offline YongJK

« Reply #691 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 01:58:04 »
Added it for you.

osht.

Added.

Drunken night!!

Thanks!!

Your old order is removed, and shipping on the current one is now noted for priority.

Added.
Do check my order too on page 23 last post.

2 X Base set
1 X Mod set
w/ Intl shipping.

Cheers !

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #692 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 03:14:39 »

2 X Base set
1 X Mod set

Intl shipping.

You need to fill out this order form please

Offline YongJK

« Reply #693 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 06:04:08 »

2 X Base set
1 X Mod set

Intl shipping.

You need to fill out this order form please
Just filled up  :cool:

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #694 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 07:08:03 »
How did you guys not pick those mods in the first place!!! They are so beautiful!
Daniel how far off are we from collecting payment? I'm thinking about doubling my order...
So when I wear out the first set Ill have another! :p
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 March 2013, 07:10:06 by ApocalypseMaow »
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Sykx

« Reply #695 on: Tue, 05 March 2013, 18:20:08 »
Added my order, first group buy YAY. Put in for a base set, winkeyless set, and vendor set. First post here as well.

Offline Patchwrks

« Reply #696 on: Tue, 05 March 2013, 18:38:40 »
Can you add a winkeyless set to my order and tell me what I've ordered thus far?
(´・ω・`)denko-chan~~~내 스레드

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #697 on: Tue, 05 March 2013, 20:08:04 »
Added my order, first group buy YAY. Put in for a base set, winkeyless set, and vendor set. First post here as well.
Welcome to wallet hack (especially the first two months of 2013)

Can you add a winkeyless set to my order and tell me what I've ordered thus far?
PM Sent

Offline Patchwrks

« Reply #698 on: Tue, 05 March 2013, 20:17:39 »

PM Sent

thanks! also my poor wallet ;-;
(´・ω・`)denko-chan~~~내 스레드

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #699 on: Tue, 05 March 2013, 20:19:20 »
IF we ever get GMK...

My wallet will be truly hacked...

Any update on Cherry legends?