Author Topic: The Toxic set [restructuring with ctrl alt store]  (Read 433291 times)

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
Re: The Toxic set [taking orders](Waiting on Cherry legend information)
« Reply #850 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 07:41:20 »
Is there anyway I can order like 5 GH hack keys ?
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #851 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 08:01:17 »
Some people need to remember they were once a beginner in this game. We can't all read every single thread on the forum just to be prepared, and being ridiculed for asking questions most of us have wondered about at one point in our membership is not the way to welcome new people. Or are we going with the trolling method so that we don't have to help anybody again?
I feel I could rant about humility and respect for your fellow man, but I'd rather just say this; He who asks a question might be a fool for five minutes,but he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.

PS. Stop with the lmgtfy bull****. It's not clever.
I agree, and I didn't mean to come off how I might have. I just think that there are certain ways to ask questions. If you're expecting someone to spend time to answer you, how do you start off saying you don't have time for anything? I think just leaving out that one sentence would have changed the whole perspective of his question. I still took the time to answer him, and I didn't mean to take away from his asking of questions. Just that one sentence. You can see my post history and see how many times I try my best to answer the questions of new members without a moments hesitation. So, again, I apologize for how I came off.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #852 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 08:33:41 »
So sue me, not all of his questions were answered in the first post, but
I will never feel sorry for expecting someone to read and look for what
it is they want to know.
Wiki is your friend. I'm not here to hold hands or field questions for people
that lack motivation to gain knowledge. If you want to know something,
READ ABOUT IT.
It's not a new concept.
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #853 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 08:35:18 »
He who asks a question might be a fool for five minutes,but he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.

I remember having this said to me years ago and it has always stuck with me. I get frustrated as hell with users at work some days but then I just remember everyone was a noob at some point!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #854 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 08:36:28 »
Au contraire. He did have the motivation to gain knowledge, which is why he asked. I'm all for that, and all for helping with answers. But I think you should consider the time of others and not only your own.

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #855 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 08:39:16 »
I should have worded it better. I meant I didn’t have time (at the moment) to go through all 29 pages.
I did go through the first 5 or 6 then random numbers and then on the manufactures site couldn’t find it.
Trust me I absolutely hate posting on forums, so actually asking was the last resort.
Wont let it happen again boss.

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #856 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 08:41:06 »
He who asks a question might be a fool for five minutes,but he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.

I remember having this said to me years ago and it has always stuck with me. I get frustrated as hell with users at work some days but then I just remember everyone was a noob at some point!

^This.

One of the things that attracted me the most to this site was the sense of community, people helping people in pursuit of a shared hobby.  I've asked my share of stupid questions, more than my share actually, and have always had people respond patiently to answer my questions and point me to resources for more information.  I try to keep that in mind and contribute answers myself where I can.

After all, there's a reason we're all here, and not on Reddit.   :))

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #857 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 08:43:49 »
Au contraire. He did have the motivation to gain knowledge, which is why he asked. I'm all for that, and all for helping with answers. But I think you should consider the time of others and not only your own.
You got me there, but I still think that a little more reading never hurt anyone.
I spent the better half of two months reading and lurking.
The more, the marrier. Right?
Welcome to WalletHack!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #858 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 08:54:36 »
If only the pre-W0RM wiki still existed, I could be like  r i p s t e r  and tell you to RTFW! LOL.

Nah, ask your noob questions; I'll answer them.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
The Toxic set [taking orders](Waiting on Cherry legend information)
« Reply #859 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 08:56:39 »
If only the pre-W0RM wiki still existed, I could be like  r i p s t e r  and tell you to RTFW! LOL.

How are babies made Mr Spock?

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #860 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 08:58:22 »

How is babby formed Mr Spock?

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #861 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 09:00:25 »
I feel like people aren't seeing what I said. Anyway, I apologized. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he's not, but if he is, I don't take kindly to someone trying to make me feel bad, especially after I apologized and explained myself.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #862 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 09:02:16 »

How are babies made Mr Spock?
Oh lord. That made my day!
You dudes are right. I shouldn't be such a ****.
Sorry dude, Ill do my best to help in the future. ;D

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #863 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 09:07:46 »
I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad or whatever, I figured I'd get a bashing. Just glad I'm not the only one who couldn’t find the info right away, feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Now I just feel like I'm in a forum version of Curb your Enthusiasm.  Anyway, done is done.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #864 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 09:08:53 »
I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad or whatever, I figured I'd get a bashing. Just glad I'm not the only one who couldn’t find the info right away, feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Now I just feel like I'm in a forum version of Curb your Enthusiasm.  Anyway, done is done.
We all settle things here until right is right, like one big family. ^_^

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #865 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 09:46:56 »
Just ordered Base kit, Numpad kit, Vendor kit and an extra 6.25x spacebar.  I am not going to miss out on a third GB that I really like.  Hell I might just change the CCFL in my comp instead of the LED's in my Orbweaver.  Still changing the switches though.

Melvang
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #866 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 09:47:51 »
Family is who you make it not blood and genetics
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Glissant

« Reply #868 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 11:41:32 »
I agree, and I didn't mean to come off how I might have. I just think that there are certain ways to ask questions. If you're expecting someone to spend time to answer you, how do you start off saying you don't have time for anything? I think just leaving out that one sentence would have changed the whole perspective of his question. I still took the time to answer him, and I didn't mean to take away from his asking of questions. Just that one sentence. You can see my post history and see how many times I try my best to answer the questions of new members without a moments hesitation. So, again, I apologize for how I came off.
Moosey, my friend, you should know that if you are the kind of person that spends their time helping people you were not the main target of my post.
I guess it is just that I realized from my own experience that he didn't mean anything with his comment. I saw it because he spent the time to write a longer post with several questions. I also took some time to search the thread for keywords from his questions without finding too much if anything at all.
My post was also posted in the morning after little sleep so I might have come off as harsher than I wanted to.
You know me, I just want people to feel welcome :).

ApocalypseMaow, not everybody will have the same kind of motivation or will to be as hardcore as others. I spend a lot of time reading on the forums rather than replying to everything I could and should reply to, but sometimes I still want to be able to ask a question without feeling like a complete fool for maybe missing some information or not having read the right thread or post before asking.

I wanted to remind people to think about helping a noob out rather than lashing out because it's a "dumb" question to you. It wouldn't take much longer to answer the question(s) if you have the information anyway. And you aren't forced to answer it if you don't want to either.

Tym do you mean the GEEK HACK keycaps? If so, doesn't look like it. I would imagine that we would like to keep them in the base kit though. Maybe they could be added to the vendor kit or something for people that don't want all the keycaps in the base set *shrug*.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #869 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 11:45:05 »
Tym do you mean the GEEK HACK keycaps? If so, doesn't look like it. I would imagine that we would like to keep them in the base kit though. Maybe they could be added to the vendor kit or something for people that don't want all the keycaps in the base set *shrug*.

I do, and awh:(
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #870 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 11:49:19 »
From my perspective, Geek Hack caps should not be separated from the main set, as they are incentive for collectors to buy the complete set. If you want to collect Geek Hack caps in the GB set colors, buying the base set is the price of admission. :)

in memoriam

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #871 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 11:50:55 »
From my perspective, Geek Hack caps should not be separated from the main set, as they are incentive for collectors to buy the complete set. If you want to collect Geek Hack caps in the GB set colors, buying the base set is the price of admission. :)
From my perspective; I don't want to pay $250 for 5 keys...but you know, each to their own.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #872 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 12:07:21 »
From my perspective; I don't want to pay $250 for 5 keys...but you know, each to their own.

The other alternative is to ask those that did buy the set to sell you their GH keys.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #873 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 12:08:58 »
That never happens :(

Offline Threebeard

« Reply #874 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 17:31:03 »
Hello! I just made a new order to add more stuff. Could you please delete my previous order?

Thanks!

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #875 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 20:19:03 »
I hear ya Glissant.
It was just a case of the Mondays. Night shift outage work! :/

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #876 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 17:56:24 »
I do believe that I filled out the form for some stuff out of this GB.  Can you confirm this for me please Dan?

Melvang
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 April 2013, 09:23:04 by Melvang »

Offline CommunistWitchDr

• >implying keyboards
« Reply #877 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 18:48:37 »

Easy solution.

Allow the purchase of extra caps to anyone with a full set. If you don't get a set you can't get the GH caps, but if you get one you can get up to say 5. The limit just being to stop purchasing large amounts just for resale.

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #878 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 18:51:40 »

Easy solution.

Allow the purchase of extra caps to anyone with a full set. If you don't get a set you can't get the GH caps, but if you get one you can get up to say 5. The limit just being to stop purchasing large amounts just for resale.

Or, go in with someone on a full set buy, you pay a share of the total cost (TBD between you both), he/she keeps the full set, you get the GH keycaps.  Less cost than a full set, the other party gets a price break, you both win. 

;D

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #879 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 20:13:00 »
Tym I might double up my order on this set. If I do I'll hook you up with some GH keys.

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #880 on: Sat, 06 April 2013, 02:56:04 »
I have filled the order form and I acknowledged that the status of this GB is on "Waiting on Cherry Legend information". Would anyone please help me to have the estimation until when we may have the invoicing state? Thank you in advance.
I like linear switches

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #881 on: Sat, 06 April 2013, 04:31:03 »
Cheers ApocalypseMaow :D But don't worry about doing it unless you really want to hehe. I'm not that much of a free loader, I just have a project which requires a large number of GH keys :)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #882 on: Sat, 06 April 2013, 08:54:50 »
I have filled the order form and I acknowledged that the status of this GB is on "Waiting on Cherry Legend information". Would anyone please help me to have the estimation until when we may have the invoicing state? Thank you in advance.

At the moment we're waiting on legends so I don't think there's a definite invoice date. Probably will find out more info later on in the month I'd say.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #883 on: Sat, 06 April 2013, 08:59:50 »

At the moment we're waiting on legends so I don't think there's a definite invoice date. Probably will find out more info later on in the month I'd say.

Well noted with thanks.
I like linear switches

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #884 on: Sat, 06 April 2013, 09:25:36 »
Hey guys this is my first time getting into a group buy.  I have filled out the web form, and had a few questions. 

1.  Any estimation on how long this process might take?  Not trying to rush just wondering for reference but I do understand that schedules and time frames can change drastically (saw this many times when I was in the Navy)

2.  Is there a title for the person who initiates a group buy? 

This is all I can think of right now.

Melvang

Offline ihateregister

• I like cookies. Yum!
« Reply #885 on: Sat, 06 April 2013, 23:24:31 »
Are these PBT, or ABS plastic? Does this work with a Cooler Master Trigger keyboard?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #886 on: Sat, 06 April 2013, 23:27:37 »
Are these PBT, or ABS plastic? Does this work with a Cooler Master Trigger keyboard?

Double shot ABS. And yes, they will work with the Trigger. The only issue may be with those Macro keys on the left side, finding some keycaps in the correct profile to put there.

in memoriam

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #887 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 09:55:01 »
any chance to "tox"color Gamer set [WASD] ?

.. maybe SP can service on base set. we hit high moq. haha :))

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline habitualapse

« Reply #888 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 14:59:21 »
Just put my order in. A big thank you to danielucf for putting this together. :)
Filco MJ2 Ninja Brown TKL

Offline Megaweapon

« Reply #889 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 19:04:28 »
any chance to "tox"color Gamer set [WASD] ?

Yeah, a "gamer kit" seems like a no-brainer for this set.  Maybe some vendor will step up?  It would need to include ESDF too, though.  ;)

Ancer Research Groop DFK191ABA11 IBM Model M13 Part 92G7461 (white) Rosewill RK-9000
Matias Tactile Pro 3 Apple Extended Keyboard II (ALPS)
Rosewill RK-9000I

Offline CommunistWitchDr

• >implying keyboards
Re: The Toxic set [taking orders]
« Reply #890 on: Wed, 10 April 2013, 14:03:47 »

I would also like a toxic mod set, a toxic winkeyless mod set, and toxic whatever spacebar fits a pure to be added to my order.

I was going to put this on my pure, but it looks like I'll be putting it on my GH60 instead. So I would like to remove these additions.

Offline Lumune

« Reply #891 on: Wed, 10 April 2013, 16:35:12 »
Ordered, putting this on my GH60
Thanks for doing this GB :)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #892 on: Thu, 11 April 2013, 03:12:41 »
I just saw the SP pricing for a complete German language kit in TJ's IC for the new orange set:

18375-0

Pricing for Deutsche kit

25 sets                   $15.77 per set
50 sets                   $12.85 per set
75 sets                   $11.88 per set
100 sets                 $11.39 per set
150 sets                 $10.90 per set
200 sets                 $10.66 per set
250 sets                 $10.51 per set

Would this be possible for this GB as well?

Are any other Germans interested in adding this as an extra kit?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #893 on: Thu, 11 April 2013, 03:18:36 »
Considering there are 45 ISO orders a Euro kit might be an option as well

18377-0

How much would that be? Are the EURO guys interested?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #894 on: Thu, 11 April 2013, 06:43:52 »
I could be mistaken but I think OP has already said he won't be doing any other language kits at this time.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #895 on: Thu, 11 April 2013, 09:16:13 »
I know it might be to late/to much to ask but is there any chance for a symbols modifier kit with this set?

Offline pasph

« Reply #896 on: Thu, 11 April 2013, 09:48:41 »

(Attachment Link)

yes
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #897 on: Thu, 11 April 2013, 11:08:09 »
The EU kit would have to be recreated with the Cherry fonts, and I don't think they are part of the Cherry legends at this time. =/ Of course, if the Cherry legends don't materialize, it may be more of a possibility.

Offline Kalmarauder

« Reply #898 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 04:04:23 »
I would like

1 Base Kit
1 Numpad Kit

Thanks!

Offline Mayor Winters

« Reply #899 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 15:36:36 »

(Attachment Link)

Id love to.
The more keyboards we have, the more keyboards we want.