Author Topic: The Toxic set [restructuring with ctrl alt store]  (Read 433312 times)

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
Re: The Toxic set [taking orders](Waiting on Cherry replica set)
« Reply #1050 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 06:06:54 »
Anyone know where danielucf is?

I would like to cancel my order but he does now reply..
He has been very busy, but don't worry too much because if you get an invoice and just ignore it, no one will be mad as you have already excused yourself.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Imoster

« Reply #1051 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 06:25:02 »
Are you still taking orders?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1052 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 06:32:20 »
We're still waiting on Cherry legends so until that's done orders should be open.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #1053 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 06:32:34 »
Are you still taking orders?
Yes, It says so in the title :))
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Imoster

« Reply #1054 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 07:04:21 »
I'm a complete noob but what for ducky shine 2 , ducky g2 pro and leopold fc700 what spacebar would it be ? Toxic 6.2 or 7?

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #1055 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 07:07:36 »
Probably a 6.25 but you can measure it, 6.25 = 6 and a quarter regular keys

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1056 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 07:13:12 »
I'm a complete noob but what for ducky shine 2 , ducky g2 pro and leopold fc700 what spacebar would it be ? Toxic 6.2 or 7?

Ducky's will be 6.25. The Leopold won't work(I believe) due to the odd spacing used for Leo keyboards.

Offline Jmneuv

« Reply #1057 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 07:55:42 »
I'm thinking current GBs use universal spacebars?
If so then the leopold's should fit; you can check the DT wiki also.

Offline Imoster

« Reply #1058 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 08:39:00 »
The reason is that i currently have my BWU and i haven't yet bought ducky/leopold ( i'm interested) I wanted a black keyboard and white keycaps but there are none within Australia hence why im considering Leopold.
Also would the 2 Geekhack keys be bought seperately or within modifer set?

Thanks

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1059 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 08:53:52 »
The reason is that i currently have my BWU and i haven't yet bought ducky/leopold ( i'm interested) I wanted a black keyboard and white keycaps but there are none within Australia hence why im considering Leopold.
Also would the 2 Geekhack keys be bought seperately or within modifer set?

Thanks

Pretty sure the GH keys only come in the base kit.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline Imoster

« Reply #1060 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 08:34:24 »
Sorry for a difficult question but how long would it take for the cherrys to arrive and the ordering will close? This is because I'm trying to delay my purchase of a mechanical keyboard

Offline Jmneuv

« Reply #1061 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 08:47:26 »
From observation and gut feeling i'm thinking that the results of this gb are still a few months out.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1062 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 08:50:25 »

No they won't work. I have a 700R and tested the universal space bar. I promise you they don't fit. Like Halverson said, the stem spacing is off.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1063 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 08:51:30 »
Sorry for a difficult question but how long would it take for the cherrys to arrive and the ordering will close? This is because I'm trying to delay my purchase of a mechanical keyboard

You can find more info in these threads about the cherry replica fundraising etc.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=28324.0

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=42659.0

Basically once all the work is done and the cherry legends are done group buys can start using them however as has been said in this thread already there will likely be a 'first' set and it won't be toxic.

So I would say it will still be a while before this group buy happens.

Offline Jmneuv

« Reply #1064 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 09:32:14 »

No they won't work. I have a 700R and tested the universal space bar. I promise you they don't fit. Like Halverson said, the stem spacing is off.
Ok, that's so stupid. The FC200 would've worked with the universal. Seems every other leo has another spacebar.
Sorry about misguess.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1065 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 12:12:44 »
It is the dumbest design ever. I agree. I have to use the stock space bar until I putty mod another space bar.

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #1066 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 12:46:19 »
This post was started Dec 1st.  Do you guys think we'll make it to December before this starts collecting money?  Is that an early estimate?  Has there been a longer GB?

I wish I could just move on from this GB, but this set is too perfect for what I'm trying to make.

Sorry if I sound like I'm complaining.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1067 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 12:47:24 »
R4 Dolch Replica took more than a year I believe.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1068 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 12:50:25 »
This post was started Dec 1st.  Do you guys think we'll make it to December before this starts collecting money?  Is that an early estimate?  Has there been a longer GB?

I wish I could just move on from this GB, but this set is too perfect for what I'm trying to make.

I doubt anything will ever be longer than R4.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=20485.0

Looking at that thread the first post was July 2011 and it just started shipping in the past few weeks....so that's almost two years  ;D

Not sure how it all worked out exactly because I'm thinking some were waiting on things from R3 that didn't come until R4 so that would be even longer I suppose.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1069 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 15:49:18 »

Once the first Cherry replica set is done collecting money we will move forward with this set. We don't want to step on the toes of the other set, but the beginning of 2013 had a TON of group buy action so people can make it work if they want to.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1070 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 15:58:32 »

Once the first Cherry replica set is done collecting money we will move forward with this set. We don't want to step on the toes of the other set, but the beginning of 2013 had a TON of group buy action so people can make it work if they want to.

Daniel I know your busy with 'real life' but if you get a chance it would be interesting to see updated order numbers in the first post.....assuming they are not already.....;)

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #1071 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 16:00:11 »
 « Last Edit: Wed, 24 April 2013, 16:35:49 by danielucf »

There have definitely been orders placed since then lol!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1072 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 17:16:59 »
What would be even more awesome would be a updated mock up pics of these sets with Cherry fonts :P No pressure tho ~ hehehe. Not important. Just want to see it ~

Offline Yslen

« Reply #1073 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 22:42:11 »
I'm going to have to drop out, sadly :(

I had the money for this a few months ago, but I can't really justify it now. Maybe I'll pick a set up next time around or on the marketplace when I have some cash.

Offline balanar

« Reply #1074 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 23:01:57 »
Couldn't we go ahead with this using the SP standard font and revisit it when the Cherry legends finally get done? The Raindrop set was made with the SP font and it looks beautiful to say the least. I'm sure there will be enough demand for the colour scheme if we change things up a little with the Cherry font version.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1075 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 23:18:56 »
General consensus was to wait for the Cherry font.  Unfortunately at that stage it probably wasn't expected to take so long for it to be available.

Having seen both, I would tend to prefer to wait for the Cherry font.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1076 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 23:46:46 »
Couldn't we go ahead with this using the SP standard font and revisit it when the Cherry legends finally get done? The Raindrop set was made with the SP font and it looks beautiful to say the least. I'm sure there will be enough demand for the colour scheme if we change things up a little with the Cherry font version.

If we change to standard fonts a lot of people will probably drop out, the question has been asked in this thread a ton of times and the vast majority wanted to wait for Cherry legends.

Offline Dianoda

« Reply #1077 on: Tue, 18 June 2013, 00:08:40 »
What would be even more awesome would be a updated mock up pics of these sets with Cherry fonts :P No pressure tho ~ hehehe. Not important. Just want to see it ~

I imagine it will look something like this:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1078 on: Tue, 18 June 2013, 00:37:40 »

Show Image

Drool.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1079 on: Tue, 18 June 2013, 00:52:55 »

Show Image

Good god, how could anyone suggest not waiting for Cherry legends!

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1080 on: Tue, 18 June 2013, 00:54:42 »

Show Image

Really? Which sets do I have to order to get t to look like that? This looks way better than the mock ups. Wouldn't I have to buy the base set and the modifier set? -_- why not include te toxic mods with the base?

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1081 on: Tue, 18 June 2013, 01:56:22 »

Show Image

I'm so glad I asked :) You did a pretty awesome job, dood. Can't wait to see more of this later!!! Thanks!

Dan, get ready for more orders because they're going to start pouring in after more mock pics :)

why not include te toxic mods with the base?

bc that'd increase the price of the base set by quite a bit.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 June 2013, 01:59:49 by VesperSAINT »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1082 on: Tue, 18 June 2013, 01:59:49 »

Show Image

Can this go into the OP???

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1083 on: Tue, 18 June 2013, 02:01:11 »

Show Image

Can this go into the OP???

Well, the base set won't come with mods nor the winkeyless mods so it might be confuse some, but if we could get some pics for each set, that'd be so awesome.

If anything, this pic could be added at the bottom of OP for example :D :D :D
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 June 2013, 02:03:28 by VesperSAINT »

Offline Shaky

« Reply #1084 on: Tue, 18 June 2013, 02:24:27 »
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :)want to order~
Happy, Hacking, Ky, Board.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1085 on: Tue, 18 June 2013, 05:41:59 »
Welcome to Geekhack, Shaky!

Have patience - this group buy is likely to continue for a while yet.

Offline Dianoda

« Reply #1086 on: Tue, 18 June 2013, 09:14:56 »

Show Image

Really? Which sets do I have to order to get t to look like that? This looks way better than the mock ups. Wouldn't I have to buy the base set and the modifier set? -_- why not include te toxic mods with the base?

To replicate the color layout I used for that mockup, you would need to order the base kit, the toxic mods, and the toxic winkeyless mods... you'd also need a keyboard that uses the 1.5x/1x/1.5x bottom row modifier layout, too.  And the toxic set doesn't actually include any windows logo keys (you get the beaker and the bubbles keys instead of a windows logo).

Side note, are these sets going to be cherry profile, too?  Or SP profile? (edit: okay, so apparently it's SP's DCS profile).
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 June 2013, 09:34:46 by Dianoda »

Offline hoasican2004

« Reply #1087 on: Tue, 18 June 2013, 12:12:27 »
long long long time...to start >"<

Offline jingil

« Reply #1088 on: Tue, 18 June 2013, 15:15:40 »
when will they update the list? ;D?
DUCK MINI V1 ll 356MINI

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1089 on: Tue, 18 June 2013, 20:28:30 »
So I finished processing toxic PMs, and removed a couple duplicate orders that people told me about, but there could still be some double names in the order list, I didn't check if people ordered twice yet. We have some pretty interesting numbers. I'm going to have to see if we can get updated pricing because breaking 500 on the base set might actually mean a new tier. However since this has been running for so long and will keep running for awhile we could still have a lot of cancellations and/or people that just will never respond.

I am also thinking boxing party when ever the time comes. Volunteers need to know that I can't really afford to pay anything since I'm not planning to make money, but you will save on shipping! So plan your vacations to Disney World to coincide with the yet undetermined boxing day(s) :p
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1090 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 16:09:22 »
So I finished processing toxic PMs, and removed a couple duplicate orders that people told me about, but there could still be some double names in the order list, I didn't check if people ordered twice yet. We have some pretty interesting numbers. I'm going to have to see if we can get updated pricing because breaking 500 on the base set might actually mean a new tier. However since this has been running for so long and will keep running for awhile we could still have a lot of cancellations and/or people that just will never respond.

I am also thinking boxing party when ever the time comes. Volunteers need to know that I can't really afford to pay anything since I'm not planning to make money, but you will save on shipping! So plan your vacations to Disney World to coincide with the yet undetermined boxing day(s) :p
Put http://i.minus.com/ibqvE2hADbwGVP.jpg in the OP and it won't be a problem (I hope) :p. It did convince me that this would look awesome.

Ordered one.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 June 2013, 23:50:33 by kenmai9 »

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #1091 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 22:57:42 »

Put
Show Image
in the OP and it won't be a problem (I hope) :p. It did convince me that this would look awesome.

Ordered one.

your img link was broken. here you go.

Offline hoasican2004

« Reply #1092 on: Fri, 21 June 2013, 02:21:31 »
true keycap's color is different to pictures, it's not as nice at pictures!!!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1093 on: Fri, 21 June 2013, 02:34:34 »

It all depends on lighting.

Those yellow Filco keycaps look anything from dirty brown to fluorescent yellow depending on lighting.

If they are half as good as the pictures in the OP then they will be well worth it :)

Offline hoasican2004

« Reply #1094 on: Fri, 21 June 2013, 02:44:24 »

It all depends on lighting.

Those yellow Filco keycaps look anything from dirty brown to fluorescent yellow depending on lighting.

If they are half as good as the pictures in the OP then they will be well worth it :)

Yep !! I'm understand :D

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1095 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 12:17:35 »
What does the green 420 cap look like? The one that dan ordered.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1096 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 12:23:53 »

The_Beast has some pretty color accurate pictures in his Classifieds thread. But there was a second generation of 420 Smileys that were done by TechKeys on PBT caps. Those should be on Dan's blog.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1097 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 12:30:11 »

The_Beast has some pretty color accurate pictures in his Classifieds thread. But there was a second generation of 420 Smileys that were done by TechKeys on PBT caps. Those should be on Dan's blog.
Oh they're the ones with the stoner head? I thought it'd be a leaf one, which would be cooler IMO

Offline ThesisStatement

« Reply #1098 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 22:46:29 »
Brand new member.  My Ducky Shine II will be getting Base + Mod + Num + Tox Space + Vendor keys.  Glad I can help the group buy out!  I can see how this may be an expensive hobby.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1099 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 22:48:04 »
Brand new member.  My Ducky Shine II will be getting Base + Mod + Num + Tox Space + Vendor keys.  Glad I can help the group buy out!  I can see how this may be an expensive hobby.

Welcome to Geekhack!

Congratulations on joining your first GB - this could be the first of many.

But be aware that this one could go on for a while yet.