Author Topic: [GB] ZZ96 v2 r2 (replacements in progress)  (Read 262676 times)

Offline buzzking00

Re: [GB] ZZ96 v2 r2 (US shipped sans extras, int'l mostly shipped, v2.5 in-prog)
« Reply #850 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 10:27:21 »
LD,

I PM'd you few days ago to change shipping info,  can you confirm if you received that please? Thanks

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
Re: [GB] ZZ96 v2 r2 (US shipped sans extras, int'l mostly shipped, v2.5 in-prog)
« Reply #851 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 10:35:46 »
@LD

Based on the spreadsheet, R2 orders that were rolled into R2.5 productions have arrived. Is it safe to assume that R2.5 orders, on sheet 2, have arrived as well and are awaiting shipment?

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #852 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 12:46:00 »
how long has it been since an update? i know LD has some major issues with his residency status, but i have not had a reply to a pm or comment in months... anyone else in contact? hoping this will not devolve into another ivan situation :/

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #853 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 12:49:18 »
how long has it been since an update? i know LD has some major issues with his residency status, but i have not had a reply to a pm or comment in months... anyone else in contact? hoping this will not devolve into another ivan situation :/

He posted today:

Happy New Year everyone. Sorry I couldn't ship these out in time for Christmas.

Most of the issues with this buy have been clear and I will now actively update the orders spreadsheet with up-to-date info so you don't have to keep checking back into the thread and scanning for a new comment from me.

I will put up a form shortly for feedback from ink blue buyers on what they'd like to do in light of the colors still not matching the original as they should've been.

The first two buys included stabilizers as an add-on option but is not included in the kit by default.

I have received the remainder of the parts (screws, acrylic diffusers, etc) and will ship them out in the upcoming days. Getting orders out the door is in all of our best interests and will help me better tally and manage what is remaining.

forevermadrigal is perfectly warranted in asking for an update and we don't need to tell him off for that - he's been very patient throughout all of this; you all have been. I truly do appreciate it.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #854 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 13:13:21 »
Hi LD, I appreciate that I am a bit of a special case because my order is stuck in the USA, does this mean that you won't be able to send mine out until your return (whenever that may be?)
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #855 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 13:39:04 »

He posted today:

Happy New Year everyone. Sorry I couldn't ship these out in time for Christmas.

Most of the issues with this buy have been clear and I will now actively update the orders spreadsheet with up-to-date info so you don't have to keep checking back into the thread and scanning for a new comment from me.

I will put up a form shortly for feedback from ink blue buyers on what they'd like to do in light of the colors still not matching the original as they should've been.

The first two buys included stabilizers as an add-on option but is not included in the kit by default.

I have received the remainder of the parts (screws, acrylic diffusers, etc) and will ship them out in the upcoming days. Getting orders out the door is in all of our best interests and will help me better tally and manage what is remaining.

forevermadrigal is perfectly warranted in asking for an update and we don't need to tell him off for that - he's been very patient throughout all of this; you all have been. I truly do appreciate it.

whew. that's a relief. sorry my resolve was beginning to waver... i dont see my name on the list, however.

LD, not sure if you want to add my small order to the list, i just want to make sure i am not missed. i dont know if i should expect my stuff with v2 or v2.5 or what is going on. can you please reply to my pm or somehow update me on the status of my stuff? thanks

Offline sparkybear

« Reply #856 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 13:42:37 »
Hi LD, I appreciate that I am a bit of a special case because my order is stuck in the USA, does this mean that you won't be able to send mine out until your return (whenever that may be?)

Would also like to know this.

Offline Aperture_Sci

• ZZ96 / 65g Zealios / GMK Sky Dolch
« Reply #857 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 14:39:41 »
hey there, I missed this GB but am looking to buy an extra, if any are available. I know we were speaking on the side so just wanted to post here for transparency.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #858 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 14:52:30 »

Would also like to know this.

Hey guys, not able to give  you a direct answer (can confirm am not LD) - BUT mine was an extra from v2.0 and it was in the US (I'm pretty sure), i got tracking number over the weekend.. So there is movement, be patient for a little bit longer! I believe he has family packing and shipping for him stateside. Beyond pumped to get mine in hand =)

Thanks LD for the recent push in getting info and packages out the door this past bit! 

Offline snevok

« Reply #859 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 13:58:44 »
I keep checking the doc and thread multiple times a day for updates, I'm super excited!  I can hardly wait for them to ship out.  Hopefully things will be sorted out soon!

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #860 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 16:45:51 »
Short update: going to pack and ship most of what I have in my possession this afternoon (after my Genetics exam) and tomorrow. It's a bit difficult to tally up what's remaining when nothing is packed. Will have pics.

Questions above will be addressed this afternoon (12 hrs from the posting of this comment) if I haven't gotten to them via PMs yet.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #861 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 17:33:59 »
Short update: going to pack and ship most of what I have in my possession this afternoon (after my Genetics exam) and tomorrow. It's a bit difficult to tally up what's remaining when nothing is packed. Will have pics.

Questions above will be addressed this afternoon (12 hrs from the posting of this comment) if I haven't gotten to them via PMs yet.
Any timeline on the ink blue sheet?

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #862 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 17:45:00 »
Sweet, so it sounds like all three boards including the r2.5's except the ink blue ones are going to be sent out by tomorrow?

Offline sparkybear

« Reply #863 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 19:52:53 »
Sweet, so it sounds like all three boards including the r2.5's except the ink blue ones are going to be sent out by tomorrow?

2.5s are still in production, aren't they? I think this is just referring to a few of the 2.0 people that have not received theirs as of yet.

Offline snevok

« Reply #864 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 19:59:47 »

2.5s are still in production, aren't they? I think this is just referring to a few of the 2.0 people that have not received theirs as of yet.

r2.5 and r2 remakes arrived today. Some 60-70 kilos (about 150 lbs - no, I don't even lift bro) of stuff hauled up 6 flights of stairs by yours truly (totally gonna say that every time I get GB stuff in). Sorting them right now in my shoddy work area. PMs still need to be replied to.

Some photos

Seems like he's shipping them out tomorrow too, hopefully.

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #865 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 20:01:44 »
Ok guys, it's 8:46 PM here, there are a couple things you all deserve to/should know:

1. It's finals period, **** is whack.

2. Apart from the remakes, there were various parts that were missing/lost during transit. Will spare you all the details but they have been accounted for now, and everything that is missing should be packed with the v2.5 & v2 remakes shipment, which is slated to arrive at my place tomorrow. I will commence shipping on remaining v2 orders, then v2 remakes, then v2.5.

2.a. A large part of why things went unaccounted for/missing was my lack of experience, the size of the v2 buy, and the fact that I neglected to tally up everything and where they were going to. This is on me, the delays are all on me, I'm sorry.

2.b. For the v2 remakes - I was notified last minute (literally one week before now, after everything was nearly complete) that they were made at the new factory (which had a higher cost of anodizing than the old) and tried to get as close to the old color as possible. We'll find out tomorrow just how close they are, and if you're still not satisfied, it'll have to be either a refund or continued waiting, but waiting is really not worth it at this point, especially with LSv3 on the horizon. I understand if you'd like a refund if the color is significantly off since that was the whole point of the remake, and will do my best to accommodate.

3. Sorry for not responding to PMs in a timely fashion (or at all). The pressure is kinda getting to me and I've been trying to set PMs aside to get my mind back to where it needs to be (even though, honestly, here is where it needs to be until things are wrapped up).

4. I will go through and respond to all outstanding PMs tonight and tomorrow. If you have not received a response within 12 hoursp (sorry, make that 24), please send me another PM for a status update.

5. If you are interested in the outcome of my visit to the police station: I will be fined up to $1.6k and/or detained (read: jailed) for 3-10 days, with the possibility of being deported from China. No, I didn't do anything illegal, I just didn't know that I had to apply for a residence permit and am 3 months overdue... which I guess makes me an illegal immigrant. The irony is tangible.

Didn't he say here that all the remaining boards arrived on the 20th of December? Or am I reading this wrong?

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #866 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 09:18:39 »
Any timeline on the ink blue sheet?

Here you go, dude: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuNKOouoUJDZ29AOXIO3LREen-3tmxDpbR0GxcgtmvOU2oww/viewform

I'll be sending the link to all affected buyers shortly via email.

Right now I'm assembling the cases and checking off orders. If you want, you can open the orders list and see me checking them off in real-time.

Both r2 and r2.5 are with me in full (supposedly). Again, my records are a mess which is why I'm checking off individual orders to see if there's anything missing.

Adding a separate form for titanium gray buyers: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc0rMESCuHymfRwnmEOz2eS12LHh8vDr7cMadKUl5GL27BCfg/viewform

Please read through it, look at the pics, and decide for yourself. I think the original image from the reference sheet was also taken in a relatively low-light condition, since the current one looks identical in the same situation, but I didn't catch that detail and ask for better-lit reference pics. Man...
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 January 2017, 11:48:19 by LunarisDream »

Offline owacle

« Reply #867 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 12:25:31 »
Hi LD.

I submitted my response to the titanium issue and just wanted to follow up here. It's totally acceptable to me. I can't WAIT to get my hands on this!

I did want to ask whether you maybe had spare stabs from the earlier orders that I might buy as part of this. I think there was some confusion because early orders did have the option to include them so I assumed there would be some. If not, its all good.

Thanks again for pushing through. I can only imagine that it's not easy to deal with all the issues!

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #868 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 12:27:32 »
^Agreed. Whilst it's not exactly what was depicted, I can live with it.

Thanks

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #869 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 12:29:39 »
Hi LD.

I submitted my response to the titanium issue and just wanted to follow up here. It's totally acceptable to me. I can't WAIT to get my hands on this!

I did want to ask whether you maybe had spare stabs from the earlier orders that I might buy as part of this. I think there was some confusion because early orders did have the option to include them so I assumed there would be some. If not, its all good.

Thanks again for pushing through. I can only imagine that it's not easy to deal with all the issues!

I do have a couple extra sets of gold-plated PCB-mount stabs, revised for more even gold plating but lost the 6u wire. Would those do? 7 2u, 1 6.25u 1 7u for $14.

^Agreed. Whilst it's not exactly what was depicted, I can live with it.

Thanks

Tyvm dude, it's greatly appreciated!

Offline owacle

« Reply #870 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 12:32:22 »
Hi LD.

I do have a couple extra sets of gold-plated PCB-mount stabs, revised for more even gold plating but lost the 6u wire. Would those do? 7 2u, 1 6.25u 1 7u for $14.

Absolutely! I'd love to get those bundled in. Any idea when you're sending these out? Not to add pressure, I'm just excited!  :thumb:

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #871 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 12:35:21 »
Hi LD.

Absolutely! I'd love to get those bundled in. Any idea when you're sending these out? Not to add pressure, I'm just excited!  :thumb:

Going to get as many as I can out the door tomorrow. Yours is almost finished being checked so I'd expect it to be amongst those.

Offline derpingit

« Reply #872 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 12:35:59 »
Hi LD.

Going to get as many as I can out the door tomorrow. Yours is almost finished being checked so I'd expect it to be amongst those.

How bout mine ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #873 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 13:14:04 »
Hi LD.

How bout mine ?

Being assembled and packed right now. Shipping out tomorrow via USPS Priority. ._. Sorry

Offline sparkybear

« Reply #874 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 16:08:27 »
Would you be able to provide an update on mine as well? I may have missed a PM.

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #875 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 16:12:48 »
If there are extra gold stabilizers, I'd take a pack as well

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #876 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 16:19:35 »
^same!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Offline Atredl

« Reply #877 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 16:46:22 »
Filled out the form, but I forgot to put something in the notes. Should I PM that info to you?

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #878 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 17:58:15 »
Hey LD, would like to know the status of my order (the one stuck in the US), I assume you will send it out when you are back there? Only asking because I'm out of the country soon to visit my family until the end of the month, so won't be able to receive parcels.
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #879 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 20:51:34 »
Replied to above via PMs.

Most orders are verified. Two are packed. Have to head to the police station (again) but will return and keep working through them later today. Processing refunds when I get back and will put up the newly available kits as extras for immediate sale make that tomorrow, my half hour nap took up 6 hours of the afternoon. They are the kits that are listed in orange text in the orders spreadsheet.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 January 2017, 11:41:02 by LunarisDream »

Offline jb1830

• @jonboulton
    • 1upkeyboards.com
« Reply #880 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 21:24:12 »
The excitement is real!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

IBM Model M            Fjell 002           Klippe            KC60           Planck

Offline Aperture_Sci

« Reply #881 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 21:36:47 »
Hey LD,

If anyone wants a refund/ return for a Titanium gray, can I please be in line to purchase? I am dying to get a black or gray/ titanium one. Can pay asap.

<3

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #882 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 22:58:14 »
Edit: Pocket post...
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 January 2017, 23:00:09 by aaron6301 »

Offline Rarabka233

« Reply #883 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 03:44:35 »
Hey LD,

I just pm'ed you to follow up on the issue I had with my original order.

Offline Gajible

« Reply #884 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 03:47:46 »
Hey LD, I've noticed my order still has no status on the spreadsheet. Any updates for mine?

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #885 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 13:00:44 »
Hey LD, I've noticed my order still has no status on the spreadsheet. Any updates for mine?

You can come touch mine this weekend if  you want ;) Will post pics for everyone when i'm finished building =D

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #886 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 13:20:06 »

You can come touch mine this weekend if  you want ;) Will post pics for everyone when i'm finished building =D

thats what she said?

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #887 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 13:34:21 »
I'm seriously pumped about seeing this board in the near future. I really like the 96-key layout and I for one am stoked about how the colors I'm getting came out.

LD- through the delights that life has thrown you these last few months, thank you for keeping this on the rails. Much appreciated!  :thumb:

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #888 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 13:46:14 »
I'm seriously pumped about seeing this board in the near future. I really like the 96-key layout and I for one am stoked about how the colors I'm getting came out.

LD- through the delights that life has thrown you these last few months, thank you for keeping this on the rails. Much appreciated!  :thumb:

Sounds like a cool combo, your order with the different colored pieces :p
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #889 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 14:10:05 »

Sounds like a cool combo, your order with the different colored pieces :p

Thanks man! I've really come to like the two-tone case look lately. LD was able to hook a brother up with gray-blue top and ink blue bottom based on some of the cancellations. Thinking this might just be the home for Hydro...?  ;D

Offline topherrehpot

« Reply #890 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 15:49:12 »
I'm interested in purchasing an "Ink Blue" if any are available. Will keep an eye on the thread but thought I'd post it up for all to see!

Edit: put "Ink Blue" in quotes. :-) I understand it's the lighter color.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 January 2017, 16:00:47 by topherrehpot »

Offline ErectedLine

« Reply #891 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 17:23:15 »
Wondering if there will be any extra PCBs available tomorrow. That'd be awesome.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #892 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 02:34:07 »
Soooo I just got my board, and she's built! Friggen phenomenal. I will need to get my lighting set up to take a proper picture, these phone pics i just took do not do it justice. Glad to see the other ones getting some movement :)

That being said, how do i turn on the underglow?.. I dont know how to program this thing heh.

Edit: soo this did the tricks. http://blog.winkeyless.kr/183
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 January 2017, 03:04:28 by BAS1C »

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #893 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 03:02:42 »
Soooo I just got my board, and she's built! Friggen phenomenal. I will need to get my lighting set up to take a proper picture, these phone pics i just took do not do it justice. Glad to see the other ones getting some movement :)

That being said, how do i turn on the underglow?.. I dont know how to program this thing heh.
Congrats bro, can't wait to see how it turned out

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #894 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 03:10:21 »

Congrats bro, can't wait to see how it turned out

Teaser

« Last Edit: Sat, 14 January 2017, 03:12:40 by BAS1C »

« Reply #895 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 06:29:25 »
It's so beautiful.  Congrats!

*fingers crossed for extras in the color I want*

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #896 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 13:17:29 »
Teaser
Show Image

:cool: <- why doesn't sunglasses guy show up?

I've packed most of the group's orders. A couple issues did pop up. Notified the affected individuals via email or PM.

Refunds have been sent to those who requested for it. For those who responded to the forms regarding color inaccuracies and chose to explore a separate solution, I have reached out as well. If you are amongst those people, please respond as soon as possible. There are about 40 hours remaining until my flight, and I have yet to pack my luggage. ._.

Extras cannot go up until I have heard back from the individuals above regarding their decisions as I do not know which ones will end up being extras. Some of the "separate solutions" potentially involve the refunded kits. It's not nearly as much of a mess as it was before, but the result is still the same - uncertain as of right now.

If your order number is highlighted in blue, then you are 100% good to go. Just gotta sit tight for the tracking numbers which will be available in about 9 days.
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 January 2017, 13:24:26 by LunarisDream »

Offline Aperture_Sci

« Reply #897 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 13:27:21 »
EVERYONE RESPOND ASAP SO I CAN HAVE A CHANCE TO BUY ONE  >:D

Offline kikilink333

« Reply #898 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 14:47:39 »
"<- note from LD: this is intentional"
This is making me nervous that it's pointed at me!

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #899 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 14:55:37 »
EVERYONE RESPOND ASAP SO I CAN HAVE A CHANCE TO BUY ONE  >:D

I think I was the last one to answer, so yeah.