Author Topic: [GB] GMK Fishbed  (Read 29883 times)

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
Re: [GB] GMK Fishbed
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 14:24:18 »
A update, users will be getting e-mails out now.

NOVELKEYS has agreed to host the set in the U.S. This is probably the last hope.

Updates coming tomorrow, pricing of NovelKeys will be on their website!
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline FSund

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 02:29:52 »

NOVELKEYS has agreed to host the set in the U.S. This is probably the last hope.

This right here is one of several reasons why I was hesitant to join GMK Fishbed. You are always promising updates "tomorrow", "this weekend" etc., but rarely meet the deadlines. In addition there was always some confusion regarding what keys would be included, errors with legends and key sizes etc.

Lastly, a more personal reason: I don't really like the choice of legend color for the mods, they are too dark and beige. I would much prefer something brighter. Most of the dials and labels in the fishbed cockpit is much brighter than the chosen color legend:
https://imgur.com/OkJjBEC
https://imgur.com/vvtGY0v
Join the Mechanical Keyboards Norway Discord server

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 03:48:42 »

This right here is one of several reasons why I was hesitant to join GMK Fishbed. You are always promising updates "tomorrow", "this weekend" etc., but rarely meet the deadlines. In addition there was always some confusion regarding what keys would be included, errors with legends and key sizes etc.

Lastly, a more personal reason: I don't really like the choice of legend color for the mods, they are too dark and beige. I would much prefer something brighter. Most of the dials and labels in the fishbed cockpit is much brighter than the chosen color legend:

I am with you there was a lot of turn offs.. now i just don't even feel confident in Candykey's in general. There lack of updates and advertising of this set in my opinion have tanked it completely. I doubt they will even see people wanting to bother. This was a set I personally looked forward to since it was released then had some issues with the included key's.

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 04:39:56 »
I agree with both of you that the commitment to the deadlines that CK set was not great (not just in the GB thread, also in the IC thread). Even if there is no new news, doesn't hurt to drop into the thread and make a short update post.

I think Candy Keys needs to go through some more GBs to get some experience and then they can improve. They did a good job at updating their store pages but no one really checks there since GH is the central hub for everyone.

I am hoping that the relationship with proxies that they have created through this GB can be applied in advance before GBs start in the future, that way there are no barriers to shipping and customs fees (even if this does raise the price on the set for everyone).

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 14:45:57 »
Hello all!

We have finished the final update, before releasing it and giving it a green light for NovelKeys to host (and Asian Proxy too most likely) we want to double check here:

Can someone confirm on the HHKB layout? Apparently there is a missing 1.5U.

Reason for the delay has been that GMK Olivia has been finished now and we were waiting it off + hard work with the CANDYBAR + other GBs. We have sent a few E-Mails to people who have recommend adjustments.

Main changes above are the Control Keys, and the Code Keys. as suggested.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 14:48:21 »
I agree with both of you that the commitment to the deadlines that CK set was not great (not just in the GB thread, also in the IC thread). Even if there is no new news, doesn't hurt to drop into the thread and make a short update post.

I think Candy Keys needs to go through some more GBs to get some experience and then they can improve. They did a good job at updating their store pages but no one really checks there since GH is the central hub for everyone.

I am hoping that the relationship with proxies that they have created through this GB can be applied in advance before GBs start in the future, that way there are no barriers to shipping and customs fees (even if this does raise the price on the set for everyone).

Just saw this now. Not going to deny the fact the information could have been better! We are getting better, since a month we just implemented the system for the Newsletters to work. The lists have now been made for all corresponding GBs we have hosted and it will only get better!

Hopefully we can still hit MOQ with what we have already, only 80 or so to go and its complete!

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 14:58:27 »
Hello all!

We have finished the final update, before releasing it and giving it a green light for NovelKeys to host (and Asian Proxy too most likely) we want to double check here:

Show Image

Can someone confirm on the HHKB layout? Apparently there is a missing 1.5U.

Reason for the delay has been that GMK Olivia has been finished now and we were waiting it off + hard work with the CANDYBAR + other GBs. We have sent a few E-Mails to people who have recommend adjustments.

Main changes above are the Control Keys, and the Code Keys. as suggested.

Missing a 1.75u shift. Some like to include stepped control, but I don't think it's necessary.

Be consistent with the Alt/Alt Gr. I would personally say make the 1.5u Alt Gr into a Alt so it fits with the rest.

Numpad could use some work. Could add a 00 1u for numpad, up to you. I don't think you need two variants of the 2u Enter/Return. Stick with one. R2 1u Minus and R3 1u Plus could be added. The additional 0/Ins key should match the numpad and just show 0.

Add a 7u to the base kit.

I'd organize it a little better by splitting the extra nav keys from the main cluster keys. Could also add key sizes in small text on the spacebars, just so it's clear.

ISO keys (Enter and surrounding) should be moved down a row as they're being misrepresented there.

Offline construed

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 15:03:24 »
In addition to what xondat mentioned (particularly the 1.75u Shift), there are two Page Up keys.

Offline Petch

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 15:07:12 »
All these fixes have been posted before :/ Even as far back as the IC I think

At a glance

Change 1.75u Alt to 1.5u Alt Gr
Remove dupliacte R2 PgDn
Remove duplicate R3 PgUp
Add 1.75u R4 Shift
Add R2 PgUp
Add R3 PgDn
Add R4 End
Either remove Ins off the 1u numpad 0 or add the nav sub-legends to the rest of the numpad
Change 2u "Delete" to "Backspace"
Perhaps change 1u and 1.25u Control keys to "Ctrl"
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 May 2018, 15:09:13 by Petch »

Offline emenelopee

• *klomp klomp klomp* I step on your house 🦖
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 15:08:06 »

+1. White text would also mesh better with the Red Pack which feels a little disjointed right now.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 15:12:03 »

Since visuals are nice...

Ignore the colors since all are desired for a complete base kit. It doesn't cover 40 since those seem to change a lot.

Offline Petch

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 15:15:33 »
I would rather have a 1.25u R4 caps lock to pair with the R3 1.75u control than having a stepped R3 1.75u control

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 15:48:51 »
Show Image

Since visuals are nice...

Ignore the colors since all are desired for a complete base kit. It doesn't cover 40 since those seem to change a lot.

that is helpful! Will look into it.

All these fixes have been posted before :/ Even as far back as the IC I think

At a glance

Change 1.75u Alt to 1.5u Alt Gr
Remove dupliacte R2 PgDn
Remove duplicate R3 PgUp
Add 1.75u R4 Shift
Add R2 PgUp
Add R3 PgDn
Add R4 End
Either remove Ins off the 1u numpad 0 or add the nav sub-legends to the rest of the numpad
Change 2u "Delete" to "Backspace"
Perhaps change 1u and 1.25u Control keys to "Ctrl"

Will fix it, thanks. I just realised this was a old .PSD, will grab out the new one!

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 16:09:13 »

This seems to be updated.

Regarding white legends for mods, who is in for those? It can be looked into, but white adds a really strong contrast to the set, which was supposed to be avoided.

In addition to what xondat mentioned (particularly the 1.75u Shift), there are two Page Up keys.

seems to be fixed, switched Pg Up and Pg Dn.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 16:50:26 »
Can you get a kit mockup with the white mod legends? Would be easier to compare.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 17:24:42 »

Move highlighted keys down a row, otherwise you'll confuse :p

Is the FJ in the main cluster scooped?

I'd still question:
  • 7u not in base kit
  • Enter & Return options for vertical 2u numpad key

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 17:45:53 »
Show Image

Move highlighted keys down a row, otherwise you'll confuse :p

Is the FJ in the main cluster scooped?

I'd still question:
  • 7u not in base kit
  • Enter & Return options for vertical 2u numpad key

Thanks for the feedback, will move it now.
1. 7U Base Kit, can be done. Just need to see how it effects pricing.
2. Enter and Return, dont mind me being silly, but if all is Return then we should stick to Return no?

Can you get a kit mockup with the white mod legends? Would be easier to compare.

If you mean render? Sure, I can for sure render some up for us.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 17:47:17 »
Thanks for the feedback, will move it now.
2. Enter and Return, dont mind me being silly, but if all is Return then we should stick to Return no?

Be consistent like with Alt. I'd say stick with Return as it's on the ANSI/ISO too.

Offline Petch

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 18:37:34 »
Can we change the >1u delete keys to what they really are, backspace?

Offline construed

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 05:12:19 »

+1. White text would also mesh better with the Red Pack which feels a little disjointed right now.

I'll +1 this as well, but I'd prefer something less bright than pure white. Maybe a middle colour between pure white and the current mod legend colour?

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 11:28:07 »
old image

Mods in white, here it is!
What we think?

EDIT - God that was awful PNG compression.
New image below:

« Last Edit: Thu, 03 May 2018, 11:29:56 by CandyKeys »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 11:35:02 »
old image

Mods in white, here it is!
What we think?

EDIT - God that was awful PNG compression.
New image below:

Show Image

More modern vibe. I personally think that looks a lot better. Also matches Red Pack now.

Offline Petch

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 11:50:09 »
idk, white makes the mods high contrast whereas the alphas don't have that much contrast

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 14:41:16 »
idk, white makes the mods high contrast whereas the alphas don't have that much contrast

agree
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 05:01:25 »
Should we create a poll and inform people who have joined about the white legends?

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #75 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 02:57:24 »
Should we create a poll and inform people who have joined about the white legends?

Candy this is just my 2 cents.. I think you should refund the people who joined go back to the drawling board. Work out the entire design set it in stone. Find proxy's then go from there. Though honestly you need to give more solid updates and not forget about Geekhack and Reddit.

I think at this point no one is really going to buy in cause things keep changing. The sets been on the table since September. I know cause I wanted it for my KBD75 which I ended up going with Miami nights on. I still do want to see this come to pass just it needs a LOT of work and a lot more advertising.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #76 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 05:36:15 »

Candy this is just my 2 cents.. I think you should refund the people who joined go back to the drawling board. Work out the entire design set it in stone. Find proxy's then go from there. Though honestly you need to give more solid updates and not forget about Geekhack and Reddit.

I think at this point no one is really going to buy in cause things keep changing. The sets been on the table since September. I know cause I wanted it for my KBD75 which I ended up going with Miami nights on. I still do want to see this come to pass just it needs a LOT of work and a lot more advertising.

Our thoughts as well, since it is not really moving anywhere besides the Proxy aspect, we will take it from 0 ground up and try again.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #77 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 10:40:02 »

Our thoughts as well, since it is not really moving anywhere besides the Proxy aspect, we will take it from 0 ground up and try again.

Especially advertising. 
Posting on instagram when the main communities are reddit and GH is not really productive for a GB.

And yeah, posting once on reddit is not enough.  Also more hype needed to make it successful.   

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 13:25:02 »

Especially advertising. 
Posting on instagram when the main communities are reddit and GH is not really productive for a GB.

And yeah, posting once on reddit is not enough.  Also more hype needed to make it successful.   

Thanks for the feedback! Fully 100% agreed, GBs now look much different! A new newsletter system is already working for GMK Olivia.

We just sent out e-mails, refunds will be processed soon and this will be moved back into the IC forum when we are ready! Currently, there are too many sets running at once, it is only a deathmatch of the ones who will make it or not.

Offline sythie

« Reply #79 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 10:18:23 »
I know this is not the MiG-21 but I thought it was close enough.
Here's a mouse/desk pad of the Mikoyan MiG-23 fighter jet.
Aliexpress link

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 29 July 2018, 19:33:36 »

Especially advertising. 

If you're not sure how to hype a set, you can probably work out a deal with one of your proxies to help promote it.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 03:11:09 »
What happened to this set? It had some real good potentials to go big. Something lost along the way?

Offline sythie

« Reply #82 on: Sat, 18 August 2018, 17:40:19 »

Especially advertising. 

Thanks for the feedback! Fully 100% agreed, GBs now look much different! A new newsletter system is already working for GMK Olivia.

We just sent out e-mails, refunds will be processed soon and this will be moved back into the IC forum when we are ready! Currently, there are too many sets running at once, it is only a deathmatch of the ones who will make it or not.
So if this kit is moving back into the IC forum. Why are you still taking orders on your site?
And how is the progress on the refunds?