Author Topic: [IC] MW EVIL AI - IN-STOCK LAUNCH DATE, PREORDERS UPDATE  (Read 13584 times)

Offline stellaidoscope

• Stellaidoscope
[IC] MW EVIL AI - IN-STOCK LAUNCH DATE, PREORDERS UPDATE
« on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 11:00:32 »
Designed by hand. Made by human.

PRE-ORDER/IN-STOCK THREAD
MW EVIL AI is now being updated at its Geekhack GB section thread.
Thank you for being a part of IC!

The price quote has been updated.
IN STOCK:
Base kit is $85.
Novelty kit is $30.
NorDe kit is $21.

The keycaps (Base, Novelty, and NorDe) will have a short pre-order period from the 22nd to the 26th of August to help finalize the numbers for the in-stock sale on September 4th, 2023. I will move this thread to the GB section once the vendors are ready.

GROUP BUYS:
Deskmat pricing is estimated at $25. This will be available as a group buy with a turnaround time of 2-3 months.
HIBI collaboration pricing is at $50 for the Escape, $50 for the Enter, and $125 for the June keyboard kit (including PCB and plate) -- these will be available as a group buy with a turnaround time of 3-6 months.

EVIL AI is a red on gray keycap set with custom modifier icons and complete default modifier novelties. 

It draws inspiration from dot matrix screens and from a TV series involving an AI-made-psychologist, as well as my spite toward AI-generated assets being used for commercial products, including keycap sets. While artificial intelligence does make life easy, at what point do we start blurring our ethics as a compromise for comfort?
All artworks, assets, and designs used in this keycap set's production are made by humans.

Updated kitting. Base kit, Novelty kit, and NorDe kit. Thank you to hali, dededecline, nopunin10did, and bub for the kitting help!
Screens may reflect the gray temperature differently, but it is a cool shade of gray - specifically considered 'very light purple' by Pantone.

Side-print design
Cat jumpscare.
More

Side-print design for Escapes and tildes
The image has been censored as a security measure against cloning, sorry!
I will update this with a clear version once production has started.

Packaging Design

Outdated render. Boxes for my (future) keycap sets will each feature a "collectible" cat artwork on the back.
For this set, we have Kona the cat, courtesy of my friend Choo.

What's decided:
PBT dye-sub due to the intricacies of the novelties as well as lead times.
Side print on the Escape and tildes.
No dark modifiers.
In-stock sale.
NorDe kit added. UK and Ñ is integrated to base kit.
Kitting has been changed from an all-in-one base kit to three separate kits due to changes in the manufacturer's packaging.

This IC aims to collect data mainly for the following:
Vendor list.
Regional interest.

Changes that might be made:
There may be a short pre-order period after manufacturing starts and before the in-stock drop.

Changes to be made:
The glow-in-the-dark deskmat is feasible according to the manufacturer, however it will have to be white instead of gray.
They have confirmed that red glow is possible, though I will still provide an update when I get physical samples on-hand.

Due to the last-minute addition of side-legends for the Escape and tilde keys, they are not present in the scene renders.
I will update this post with a photo of samples once they arrive (we are currently doing keycap color sampling).

Have some scene renders.

EVIL AI on hali's NYAWICE

EVIL AI on Ella's unnamed board

EVIL AI on Meletrix' ZOOM 65 EE

EVIL AI on various boards, under light and shadow

See MORE for individual renders of the boards in the same scene.

More

EVIL AI on hali's Seijun, e-white coating,
red anodized aluminum plate

EVIL AI on Bachoo's Ouroboros, black anodized aluminum

EVIL AI on Meletrix' ZOOM 65 EE, e-white coating

EVIL AI on hali's Nyawice, pink anodized aluminum,
red anodized aluminum plate

EVIL AI on Liv's RF, red dyed polycarbonate
with a silver aluminum plate

EVIL AI on the Sera XT (co-designed with dayluxy),
clear polycarbonate with a red PCB

Included on the XT column are GMK WS1, GR1, CB, 2B, and CR for comparison.

There will be two deskmats, one is your standard deskmat, the other will be glow-in-the-dark.
Do note that there is a chance that the deskmats may need to be purchased separately from the keycaps as they will be traveling to vendors by sea.

WATCHERS deskmat

SECRETS deskmat*
*the SECRETS deskmat is unlikely to run in time for the launch of MW Evil AI due to issues with the manufacturer.

Color samples are in, and they are approved.

Pantone values have been removed from the images. These photos were taken under neutral light, and I have observed the keycaps under different lights already.
Note that I specifically asked for a cooler gray variant of the Pantone in the photo, and that the red keycaps are not as blindingly vibrant as the camera makes it out to be. The gray is very receptive to lighting changes.

I will provide an update regarding the colors should there be one.

COLLABORATIONS

HIBI
An escape, enter, and June keyboard collaboration is planned.
The HIBI enter is undergoing some changes for manufacturing reasons. It will likely no longer have a recess for the "screen", and instead the "screen" section will be on the same plane as the side engravings. (It is not a real screen, just infilled black.)

DEAG
A Bean and Miru in EVIL AI colors is planned.

NORK
Multiple, perhaps even some secret new sculpts are planned.

VENDORS

DIVINIKEY - US
ASHKEEBS - CANADA
KEYGEM - EUROPE
PROTO[TYPIST] - UK
MILKYWAY - CN / INTL
SWAGKEYS - KOREA
QWERTYQOP - SEA
ZION STUDIOS - PHILIPPINES
MECHALAND - INDONESIA
CAFÉGE - AUSTRALIA

If you would like to support this project with a banner on Geekhack, you may do so by adding this to your signature:
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=120882.0][img width=330 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/j4To6YX.gif[/img][/url]

Special thanks to:
swishy for pushing me to make a set, and for helping me coordinate with the manufacturer.
hali and liv for giving me keyboards to render with in such a short amount of time, as well as kitting help.
dededecline for the support and kitting help.
nopunin10did for the NorDe kitting help.
bachoo for providing a keyboard to render with.
simbusped and zion studios for the support and giving me easier access to colormatching tools.
andromache, bub, choo, cher, kyu, meepergon, typo.mk, and vheissu for the amazing support and feedback in designing this set.
azly, garby, nainaigogo, and staceysmash for letting me be evil in your streams.
creative shrimp, blenderkit, and imperfectlink for having made life easier with resources for blender.

« Last Edit: Tue, 22 August 2023, 12:23:44 by stellaidoscope »

Offline stellaidoscope

• Stellaidoscope
Re: [IC] MW EVIL AI
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 11:01:00 »
Reserved

Offline OJtheTiny

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 11:09:35 »
One of the hottest sets I've seen in a while. Great work as always!

Offline lampmk

• wk 60 > wkl
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 11:10:01 »
gorgeous keycap set! the kitting is so good too! glwic

[/url]

Offline digital_aaron

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 11:12:56 »
I really like the dot matrix novelties. And the GITD deskmat is a really cool idea. I hope that one works out for production.

GLWIC!

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 11:15:37 »
thank you for rendering your eyes on my 30 minute keyboard and my year and a half keyboard

More

reserved

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 11:18:53 »
set of the year for sure

Offline TyPo.mk

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 11:19:25 »
Nice work stel  :thumb:

Fingers crossed the mats work out and can’t wait for the front print reveal

Offline fruitykeeb

• Storefront
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 11:25:40 »
holy

Offline stellaidoscope

• Stellaidoscope
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 11:40:20 »
Thank you very much for the warm reception! We are currently in color sampling, and I will update you when I receive the physical caps.

set will happen confirmed

Offline snicket

• Formerly lucalink
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 11:48:23 »
Great work  :thumb:

Really hope the glow-in-the-dark mat works out!

Offline Meepergon

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 12:16:09 »
absolutely awesome. in for all kits.

Offline Patty

• do u like my cat yes or no
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 13:12:24 »
I LOVE that SECRETS deskmat, 100% gonna get one, and awesome job on the design for the novs too

Offline Furki

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 14:38:20 »
I dig the colours, novelties are also looking fire

Offline spikedsynapse

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 15:06:02 »
This is looking really good! GLWIC

Offline Bachoo

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 15:33:41 »
Novelties go so hard, GLWIC

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 16:49:57 »
I am an evil AI and I support this

Why the Ella's unnamed keyboard is looking Cursed and Rursed
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline marshmellohs

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 17:15:05 »
saur gewd

Offline Gearman

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 17:39:48 »
Damn, this is a real banger. Love the theme and the colors, and the kitting is on point. The glow-in-the-dark deskmat is really cool, too. Looking forward to seeing this set on one of my boards someday.

Offline stellaidoscope

• Stellaidoscope
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 17:57:59 »
I am an evil AI and I support this

Why the Ella's unnamed keyboard is looking Cursed and Rursed

Hi treeleaf, honored to have you here.
I just felt like making it get hot for those cold nights of typing.

--

As an update to the SECRETS deskmat, a prototype is currently being made. Due to manufacturer limitations, it will have to be white instead of gray. The render has been updated to reflect this.

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 18:01:50 »
nordeuk please

Offline digitalnothing

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 18:23:21 »
I'm not sure what show this is referencing, but it looks great.

Offline stellaidoscope

• Stellaidoscope
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 20:47:40 »
Base kit render has been updated to fix a labeling error (2.50 was placed instead of 2.25 as the label on one of the split spacebars)
Thank you dede for the catch!

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 20:54:48 »
stel with a banger.
Sick novelties, glwic/glwgb!

Offline vheissu

• Pragmatic Geometrist
Re: [IC] MW EVIL AI - VENDOR UPDATE
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 19 July 2023, 13:15:36 »
Very nice Stel, very nice!

Offline nainaigogo

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 19 July 2023, 14:24:07 »
thank you stella

Offline Swishy

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 19 July 2023, 18:10:14 »
This is fire, now i have a set for my chatgpt papers

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 19 July 2023, 20:52:26 »
Evil Artificial intelligence (AI) is a critical aspect of any mechanical keyboard design. Getting it right is essential for the user's experience: it should be seamless and almost imperceptible, so typists (sort of) forget they are interacting with a machine. The evil AI needs to be intelligent and responsive enough to enhance typing speed and accuracy, but not overly aggressive - after all, humans have their own typing style and preferences. Ultimately, the user, as the keyboard's operator, should feel in control and satisfied with their typing performance. The evil AI should leverage the keyboard's mechanics to not only offer a pleasurable and diverse typing experience but also showcase what the keyboard is capable of. This aspect is especially crucial in mechanical keyboards designed for professional typists or gaming enthusiasts who rely on quick and precise key presses.

In our previous mechanical keyboards, the evil AI's performance in optimizing typing was decent, but it lacked sophistication. The typing assistance was quite basic, and the evil AI would provide standard typing support without considering individual typing patterns or exploiting the keyboard's features fully. With our latest mechanical keyboard model, we have completely revamped the evil AI to elevate the typing experience. Our goal is to challenge typists, encourage clever typing techniques, and utilize all the keyboard's mechanics to achieve optimal results. At times, the evil AI will gently guide users towards better typing practices and help them correct mistakes, but it will also hold typists accountable for any careless errors. To accomplish this, we have developed a more advanced and responsive typing evil AI, categorized into three main components: individual typing evil AI, adaptive typing evil AI for personalized typing styles, and tactical evil AI for context-based typing suggestions.

The Individual Typing Evil AI:
This component of the advanced evil AI system focuses on understanding and adapting to the individual typing style of each user. By analyzing typing patterns, key press durations, and error rates, the evil AI learns how a typist interacts with the keyboard. As users continue to type, the evil AI refines its predictions and suggestions, leading to a more personalized and efficient typing experience. It can automatically adjust key sensitivity, actuation points, and even customize the feedback level to match the user's preferences. Whether a typist prefers a soft touch or a more tactile feel, the evil AI ensures that the keyboard responds precisely to their unique style, ultimately improving comfort and typing accuracy.

Adaptive Typing Evil AI:
This aspect of the advanced evil AI system adapts to users' evolving typing habits over time. As typists improve and refine their technique, the evil AI takes note and adjusts its assistance accordingly. For instance, if a user frequently mistypes a specific word or combination of letters, the evil AI will recognize this and provide real-time suggestions to correct the errors. Furthermore, the evil AI can identify areas where a user struggles the most and offer targeted training exercises to help them strengthen those weak points. This adaptive feature ensures that users not only experience immediate benefits but also see long-term progress in their typing skills.

Tactical Evil AI for Context-Based Typing:
The tactical evil AI takes typing assistance to a whole new level by analyzing the context in which users are typing. For instance, in programming or coding environments, the evil AI recognizes common syntax patterns and can suggest code snippets or auto-complete long lines of code, significantly speeding up the coding process. In writing scenarios, the evil AI can recognize the tone and language used and offer vocabulary suggestions or grammatical corrections to maintain the desired style. Additionally, when engaged in competitive gaming, the evil AI can provide rapid keypress responses, helping gamers execute complex sequences with minimal effort. This contextual awareness ensures that the evil AI seamlessly integrates with the user's workflow, be it typing documents, coding, or engaging in fast-paced gaming sessions.

In conclusion, the integration of advanced evil artificial intelligence (AI) technology into mechanical keyboards revolutionizes the typing experience, elevating it to new heights of personalization and efficiency. The individual typing evil AI component tailors the keyboard's response to the unique typing style of each user, optimizing comfort and accuracy. Meanwhile, the adaptive typing evil AI adapts to users' evolving skills, providing real-time support and targeted training for continuous improvement.

The tactical evil AI component takes contextual awareness to a whole new level, enhancing typing speed and accuracy across various applications, from programming to creative writing and competitive gaming. By intelligently analyzing the context in which users type, the keyboard becomes an invaluable ally, offering suggestions, auto-completions, and seamless execution of complex sequences, all tailored to the user's needs.

With this advanced evil AI-powered mechanical keyboard, typists and gamers can confidently tackle any typing task, knowing they have a reliable, intelligent partner that complements their skills and preferences. As users forge a deeper connection with their keyboards, the evil AI refines its assistance, creating a symbiotic relationship that fosters growth and productivity.

In a world where typing has become an integral part of daily life, the fusion of evil AI and mechanical keyboards marks a significant step forward in user-centric technology. This technological advancement not only sets a new standard for typing performance but also paves the way for further innovations in the realm of human-computer interactions.

Overall, with advanced evil AI at its core, this mechanical keyboard is more than just a tool; it's a dynamic and intuitive companion that empowers users to type with precision, speed, and delight. Embracing the future of typing technology, this evil AI-infused mechanical keyboard opens up a world of possibilities, where typing becomes an immersive, effortless, and truly enjoyable experience.

Offline sourmk

Re: [IC] MW EVIL AI - VENDOR | COLLAB UPDATE
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 20 July 2023, 04:45:36 »
Great looking IC, very nice work
Some Work: GMK Wasabi | GMK Pono | GMK Dandy | ePBT DuO | GMK Hooty | Petals Sixty

Some Collabs: ePBT Ivory | GMK Deep Navy | GMK Fundamentals | GMK Polybius | GMK Blurple | GMK Deepwell | GMK Fuji | GMK Pacific

Some Boards: Daji Seis Cinco, Ocho Quattro, Seis Cero | MatrixLab 2.0 ADD + CP, 2.0 Xmas + CP, 1.2OG | Keycult 1/60 | Hiney Ladybird | QXP | Noxary 268.2

Discord - https://discord.gg/j3PxfJ4rBC | Instagram - https://instagram.com/sourmk | Web - https://www.sourmk.com/

Offline Hakatype

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 20 July 2023, 14:07:48 »
Eye dig it! Can't wait to see more. ;P

Offline vheissu

• Pragmatic Geometrist
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 20 July 2023, 22:04:43 »
Evil Artificial intelligence (AI) is a critical aspect of any mechanical keyboard design. Getting it right is essential for the user's experience: it should be seamless and almost imperceptible, so typists (sort of) forget they are interacting with a machine. The evil AI needs to be intelligent and responsive enough to enhance typing speed and accuracy, but not overly aggressive - after all, humans have their own typing style and preferences. Ultimately, the user, as the keyboard's operator, should feel in control and satisfied with their typing performance. The evil AI should leverage the keyboard's mechanics to not only offer a pleasurable and diverse typing experience but also showcase what the keyboard is capable of. This aspect is especially crucial in mechanical keyboards designed for professional typists or gaming enthusiasts who rely on quick and precise key presses.

In our previous mechanical keyboards, the evil AI's performance in optimizing typing was decent, but it lacked sophistication. The typing assistance was quite basic, and the evil AI would provide standard typing support without considering individual typing patterns or exploiting the keyboard's features fully. With our latest mechanical keyboard model, we have completely revamped the evil AI to elevate the typing experience. Our goal is to challenge typists, encourage clever typing techniques, and utilize all the keyboard's mechanics to achieve optimal results. At times, the evil AI will gently guide users towards better typing practices and help them correct mistakes, but it will also hold typists accountable for any careless errors. To accomplish this, we have developed a more advanced and responsive typing evil AI, categorized into three main components: individual typing evil AI, adaptive typing evil AI for personalized typing styles, and tactical evil AI for context-based typing suggestions.

The Individual Typing Evil AI:
This component of the advanced evil AI system focuses on understanding and adapting to the individual typing style of each user. By analyzing typing patterns, key press durations, and error rates, the evil AI learns how a typist interacts with the keyboard. As users continue to type, the evil AI refines its predictions and suggestions, leading to a more personalized and efficient typing experience. It can automatically adjust key sensitivity, actuation points, and even customize the feedback level to match the user's preferences. Whether a typist prefers a soft touch or a more tactile feel, the evil AI ensures that the keyboard responds precisely to their unique style, ultimately improving comfort and typing accuracy.

Adaptive Typing Evil AI:
This aspect of the advanced evil AI system adapts to users' evolving typing habits over time. As typists improve and refine their technique, the evil AI takes note and adjusts its assistance accordingly. For instance, if a user frequently mistypes a specific word or combination of letters, the evil AI will recognize this and provide real-time suggestions to correct the errors. Furthermore, the evil AI can identify areas where a user struggles the most and offer targeted training exercises to help them strengthen those weak points. This adaptive feature ensures that users not only experience immediate benefits but also see long-term progress in their typing skills.

Tactical Evil AI for Context-Based Typing:
The tactical evil AI takes typing assistance to a whole new level by analyzing the context in which users are typing. For instance, in programming or coding environments, the evil AI recognizes common syntax patterns and can suggest code snippets or auto-complete long lines of code, significantly speeding up the coding process. In writing scenarios, the evil AI can recognize the tone and language used and offer vocabulary suggestions or grammatical corrections to maintain the desired style. Additionally, when engaged in competitive gaming, the evil AI can provide rapid keypress responses, helping gamers execute complex sequences with minimal effort. This contextual awareness ensures that the evil AI seamlessly integrates with the user's workflow, be it typing documents, coding, or engaging in fast-paced gaming sessions.

In conclusion, the integration of advanced evil artificial intelligence (AI) technology into mechanical keyboards revolutionizes the typing experience, elevating it to new heights of personalization and efficiency. The individual typing evil AI component tailors the keyboard's response to the unique typing style of each user, optimizing comfort and accuracy. Meanwhile, the adaptive typing evil AI adapts to users' evolving skills, providing real-time support and targeted training for continuous improvement.

The tactical evil AI component takes contextual awareness to a whole new level, enhancing typing speed and accuracy across various applications, from programming to creative writing and competitive gaming. By intelligently analyzing the context in which users type, the keyboard becomes an invaluable ally, offering suggestions, auto-completions, and seamless execution of complex sequences, all tailored to the user's needs.

With this advanced evil AI-powered mechanical keyboard, typists and gamers can confidently tackle any typing task, knowing they have a reliable, intelligent partner that complements their skills and preferences. As users forge a deeper connection with their keyboards, the evil AI refines its assistance, creating a symbiotic relationship that fosters growth and productivity.

In a world where typing has become an integral part of daily life, the fusion of evil AI and mechanical keyboards marks a significant step forward in user-centric technology. This technological advancement not only sets a new standard for typing performance but also paves the way for further innovations in the realm of human-computer interactions.

Overall, with advanced evil AI at its core, this mechanical keyboard is more than just a tool; it's a dynamic and intuitive companion that empowers users to type with precision, speed, and delight. Embracing the future of typing technology, this evil AI-infused mechanical keyboard opens up a world of possibilities, where typing becomes an immersive, effortless, and truly enjoyable experience.

Offline Klexos

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 22 July 2023, 03:51:43 »
Really well done! The amount of work you've put in is hugely apparent. There are a lot of design elements that I really love and that base kit at that price point is absolutely astonishing. GLWIC! Looking forward to seeing this made a reality (the set, not the evil AI)!

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 26 July 2023, 07:01:36 »
Great set! Let's goooooooooooo!  :p

Offline LumiP

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 26 July 2023, 07:44:10 »
SHEESH

This is hot. I was supposed to lay off keycaps for the rest of the year but I'll make an exception for this.
More
Current Boards: Aaru TKL Old Dark Sand, Drop + Planck Purple, Mr Suit WKL Black w/Gold Chamfers, Sangeo60 Black, KBD67Lite White, D45 E-Grey, Wind X Pink, NCR 80 Beige, EVO70 Black, White; QK65 Dark Green, Av4 Claymore, TGR x Monokei Tomo Suave Blue, Heracles80 Holy White, Snake60 Rust, Array E-White, Capsule E-White, QK75 E-White

Offline Typel

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 28 July 2023, 05:15:04 »
The arrows annoys me as it's ↼ ↿ ⇃ ⇀ and not ↼ ↾ ⇃ ⇁ like a normal 90° rotation. But still it's an awesome set

Also just to be sure, it is an cherry profile set right?
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 July 2023, 07:18:20 by Typel »
I'm the Typel

Offline stellaidoscope

• Stellaidoscope
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 28 July 2023, 07:52:56 »
The arrows annoys me as it's ↼ ↿ ⇃ ⇀ and not ↼ ↾ ⇃ ⇁ like a normal 90° rotation. But still it's an awesome set

Also just to be sure, it is an cherry profile set right?

Yes, this is a Cherry profile set.

I'll think about the 90∘ rotation, and if I can squeeze the change to the production file then maybe the change will be implemented. My brain said align everything to a side, so left and top, but the effort you made in typing out those arrows are making me strongly consider lol

Offline stellaidoscope

• Stellaidoscope
Re: [IC] MW EVIL AI - KITTING UPDATE
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 03 August 2023, 09:29:56 »
A kitting update has been made. UK is integrated into the base kit, as well as Ñ (thanks vheissu)
NorDe support has been added.

As much as I would have preferred everything to be in one base kit, the manufacturer has requested that I separate them into kits. As of this reply, I am still waiting for the new pricing.

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 03 August 2023, 20:34:39 »
Thank you for adding ISO-UK to base but unfortunately the current kitting as proposed isn't quite right. Full ISO-UK support would also necessitate an R1 \| and an R2 '@ and ~# (PBT row orders), which your NorDe kit doesn't have either. As is, the UK audience wouldn't be able to have correct legends with either kit.

Thank you for considering ISO-UK in base. That alone makes me much more likely to join in. I've never had an MW set before so this is exciting. glwic!
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 August 2023, 20:45:05 by aicyborg »

Offline stellaidoscope

• Stellaidoscope
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 03 August 2023, 21:45:54 »
Thank you for adding ISO-UK to base but unfortunately the current kitting as proposed isn't quite right. Full ISO-UK support would also necessitate an R1 \| and an R2 '@ and ~# (PBT row orders), which your NorDe kit doesn't have either. As is, the UK audience wouldn't be able to have correct legends with either kit.

Thank you for considering ISO-UK in base. That alone makes me much more likely to join in. I've never had an MW set before so this is exciting. glwic!

EDIT: The render has been corrected.

You're right, the files I've sent to the manufacturer include the R1 and R2 keys you mentioned. It was an oversight on my part that I forgot to add those keys on the 3D renders, my sleepy self thought that I was done when I added the backtick and number keys. This will be updated to reflect the full kit soon.
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 August 2023, 14:19:00 by stellaidoscope »

Offline Typel

Re: [IC] MW EVIL AI - HIBI, KITTING UPDATE
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 07 August 2023, 06:27:48 »
Is it just me or the side-print of the red esc icon got removed  :(
I'm the Typel

Offline stellaidoscope

• Stellaidoscope
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 07 August 2023, 12:11:59 »
Yeah, it unfortunately got removed as I didn't want to risk issues with reverse dye-sub on the side-print. While PBT is very capable of doing detailed prints, there may be alignment issues in the future that would delay production so I chose to remove it and add side-prints to other keys instead.

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #41 on: Mon, 07 August 2023, 19:10:26 »
Delighted to see full UK support in base and, wow, the 1u Hibi is lovely. Definitely in for a base kit, a mat, and that.

(Just to let you know, the IC still has a question in it about the norde kit.)

Offline stellaidoscope

• Stellaidoscope
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 08 August 2023, 23:17:43 »
(Just to let you know, the IC still has a question in it about the norde kit.)

It helps the EU and UK vendors gauge how many kits they may need to get, so I think it's fine to keep it in :)

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
Re: [IC] MW EVIL AI - COLOR SAMPLES ARE IN
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 09 August 2023, 00:58:25 »
lots of effort went into this ic, great work!
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 August 2023, 01:12:57 by Kokaloo »

Offline stellaidoscope

• Stellaidoscope
Re: [IC] MW EVIL AI - IN-STOCK LAUNCH DATE, PREORDERS UPDATE
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 21 August 2023, 04:32:00 »
The keycaps (Base, Novelty, and NorDe) will have a short pre-order period from the 22nd to the 26th of August to help finalize the numbers for the in-stock sale on September 4th, 2023. I will move this thread to the GB section once the vendors are ready.

GROUP BUYS:
Deskmat pricing is estimated at $25. This will be available as a group buy with a turnaround time of 2-3 months.
HIBI collaboration pricing is at $50 for the Escape, $50 for the Enter, and $125 for the June keyboard kit (including PCB and plate) -- these will be available as a group buy with a turnaround time of 3-6 months.