Author Topic: [IC] GMK Purple Dragon - New Renders - 3/15/2019  (Read 56129 times)

Offline TheNamesTy45

Re: [IC] GMK Purple Dragon - Updated New Render
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 22:38:29 »
Spoke to a vendor, and it looks like I have someone that I'll be working with in the future for a group buy for this. As it's still a little while off, I'm going to hold off on mentioning which vendor until the date gets closer.

Any other updates we'd like to see to the layout? I think I have all keys, but I'll give it another day or two before reaching back out to GMK for another render.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 00:32:48 »
I'd buy this. Also +1 on spacebar kits. I'd buy like 3 packs of purple spacebars :D

Offline RELLIK

• WTB Bro Power Core WASD Set...Still...
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 08:49:03 »
Just a  thought, perhaps a side portrait of Spyro's head (horns/Mohawk fin) as R1 1U/1.25U novelty?

KUL-87        FC660M       Filco MJ2

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 10:27:42 »
Just got an updated render today with expanded support. Looking forward to sharing with you all later today when I get home.

I like the Spyro silhouette, and it's definitely what I'm wanting to do. I just want to make sure I don't get myself into any trademark trouble for it. Noting interest in spacebar kit.

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 13:56:03 »
Just got an updated render today with expanded support. Looking forward to sharing with you all later today when I get home.

I like the Spyro silhouette, and it's definitely what I'm wanting to do. I just want to make sure I don't get myself into any trademark trouble for it. Noting interest in spacebar kit.

I can't wait to see the updated render  :thumb:

Offline TheNamesTy45

Re: [IC] GMK Purple Dragon - Updated New Render 7/8/17
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 06:25:26 »
Okey dokey, I got the expanded support render from GMK yesterday. I'm quite pleased with it!

Offline xantiema

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 06:36:07 »
Hadn't seen this before, I like it, A lot!

Offline avid

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 07:05:24 »
Very cool! Love the purple.

I'd really like to see a full purple set. Possible a purple modifiers kit?

Is there any timeline for this? Q3, Q4? Have you decided where to run it?

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 09:47:19 »
Hadn't seen this before, I like it, A lot!
Thanks! Glad people are enjoying the look for this!

Avid, Thanks! I'm not looking at purple modifiers for this set, but they will be a stock purple that GMK uses, so if you have purple modifiers from another set that uses the same purple from GMK, you could theoretically make your own purple mix and match set.

Timeline isn't currently available yet because I'm still in conversation with the vendor about when this could be run based on the group buys they have planned. I do have the vendor I want to run it with, I just want to wait a little bit to confirm A) everything is for sure a go with them. B) They're okay with me releasing the name (don't want to preemptively throw it out with the express confirmation it's okay to do so).

Offline poolside

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 04:02:19 »
Good to see the set making progress  :thumb:
I know the request for changes period has been over for two months now, but seeing Yuri and Eclipse with 1.5 Code caps, is there still any chance these could also be included here? Maybe even a 1.5 Fn?

I am not sure if cyan and orange go well together but some Skeletor mods could do the trick.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 00:35:45 »
Created a banner for people to show some support for the set because that's what all of the cool kids seem to be doing.

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=88662.0][img width=284 height=100]http://i.imgur.com/sG3og5S.png[/img][/url]
Just a few quick steps:

• Copy the code snippet above.
  • Go to your profile.
  • Modify your forum profile signature by pasting the copied code into it.
  • Hit the save button.
  • Spread the word about this set if you're interested!

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 22:23:11 »
I know the request for changes period has been over for two months now, but seeing Yuri and Eclipse with 1.5 Code caps, is there still any chance these could also be included here? Maybe even a 1.5 Fn?

I am not sure if cyan and orange go well together but some Skeletor mods could do the trick.

First off thanks for showing support!!

Second, I don't see why the 1.5u Code keys couldn't be included as the final additions. I guess only thing I'd do is when the time comes for quotes from GMK to see if it carries any meaningful impact on the end cost. My guess is it'd be relatively minor. I just need to make note of that. The 1.5u Fn key I'll probably sit out just because I'd imagine the 1.5u code key could be used as the "wildcard".

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 02:26:07 »
Do we really need a dot and a bar numpad 5? I'd rather have one or the other an a normal 5 instead (or all 3), as I hate bars and dots and it would immediately kill using the set on full size keyboard for me.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 17:13:50 »
Do we really need a dot and a bar numpad 5? I'd rather have one or the other an a normal 5 instead (or all 3), as I hate bars and dots and it would immediately kill using the set on full size keyboard for me.

Never really paid a lot of thought to this particular key in the designing of this set. But for the numpad 5, I went with what I saw seems to be done most commonly for the numpad. I'd be willing to either replace one or add that into the set if there seems to be widespread appetite for me to do so. My guess is that if one is removed, it'd probably be the dot instead of the bar.

Offline poolside

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 17:13:05 »

Second, I don't see why the 1.5u Code keys couldn't be included as the final additions. I guess only thing I'd do is when the time comes for quotes from GMK to see if it carries any meaningful impact on the end cost. My guess is it'd be relatively minor. I just need to make note of that. The 1.5u Fn key I'll probably sit out just because I'd imagine the 1.5u code key could be used as the "wildcard".

Thanks for considering these additions. Bumping this up! This set is the firey Skeletor.
Looking at the GMK Calm Depths and Eclipse ICs, another neat thing would be the 1.5u R3 Fn to swap with CapsLock or Control. Just throwing this out here.  ;D

Also, is the handbag icon for the CapsLock keycaps set in stone?

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 18:05:57 »

Thanks for considering these additions. Bumping this up! This set is the firey Skeletor.
Looking at the GMK Calm Depths and Eclipse ICs, another neat thing would be the 1.5u R3 Fn to swap with CapsLock or Control. Just throwing this out here.  ;D

Also, is the handbag icon for the CapsLock keycaps set in stone?

Thanks for the bump and compliment! I'm typing this on a set of Skeletor caps right now.

I really need to start keeping a list for myself to see what I have up for consideration right now. Perhaps I'll add that to the first page. I like idea of that cap, as up until recently I have had that key assigned to Fn (swapped to control on all of my boards after trying it on my HHKB).

The handbag icon is one of the things I actually have set in stone. I am a huge fan of GMK icon mods as seen on the Skeletor set, and I wish every set used them.

Offline TheNamesTy45

Re: [IC] GMK Purple Dragon - Updated Layout and Spacebar Kit Concept 8/7/17
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 18:48:19 »
Decided if I was going to take the time to make the list, I might as well just make the changes now. Changes are reflected in the original post mockup as well as a description of what was changed. Also added a mock up spacebar kit to the original post. Enjoy, my friends!

Offline MajorKoos

In my head I still call this GMK:Subtle
Looking awesome - thanks for taking the feedback on the spacebar kit :)

Offline TheNamesTy45

In my head I still call this GMK:Subtle
Looking awesome - thanks for taking the feedback on the spacebar kit :)

Haha a well deserved nickname. Thanks for providing feedback!

Offline poolside

Re: [IC] GMK Purple Dragon - Updated Layout and Spacebar Kit Concept 8/7/17
« Reply #69 on: Sat, 02 September 2017, 16:19:05 »
Decided if I was going to take the time to make the list, I might as well just make the changes now. Changes are reflected in the original post mockup as well as a description of what was changed. Also added a mock up spacebar kit to the original post. Enjoy, my friends!

Awesome, thanks for considering the R3 Fn  :thumb:

I have just noticed that the numpad might be missing a 1u 00 keycap.

Offline TheNamesTy45

Re: [IC] GMK Purple Dragon - Updated Layout and Space Kit + Novelty Concept 8/7/17
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 10:05:30 »
Yeah, I'm thinking you're right about that double 0. Don't quite know how I missed adding that.

I'm still talking to the vendor about timeline, but in the meantime, I just placed an order for some DSA caps inspired by this set just to serve as a (very) rough prototype. Obviously the profile is different, and the colors on the prototype will be a lot darker than the GMK set will be, but it will give me a good idea of what a purple and orange keyboard looks like in the meantime. I can share that when I have them installed.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
Re: [IC] GMK Purple Dragon - Updated Layout and Space Kit + Novelty Concept 8/7/17
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 15:02:57 »
+1 for a split-spacebar pack :D

Awesome set, one of my most favorite ps1 games. A must buy for me.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #72 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 14:06:30 »
Obviously the colors aren't exact and the profile is different, but this gives a rough idea of the set.

Offline poolside

« Reply #73 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 14:33:15 »
Obviously the colors aren't exact and the profile is different, but this gives a rough idea of the set.

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks for these pics. Fortunately the GMK colors will be louder  ;D

Offline I_am_not_me_

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 11:38:22 »
Wow I just saw this and it's so cool. I have no idea how novelties work in terms of production or legality but I put this quick sketch together on acad of something I think would look great.

« Last Edit: Wed, 20 September 2017, 12:58:27 by I_am_not_me_ »

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 12:53:29 »
Wow I just saw this and it's so cool. I have no idea how novelties work in terms of production or legality but I put this quick sketch together on acad of something I think would look great on the Esc and \| key

Show Image

Omg yes, this brings me back. I need this set even more now.

Offline I_am_not_me_

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 13:00:16 »
I edited in some gems for the hell of it too  ;D

Offline TheNamesTy45

Wow I just saw this and it's so cool. I have no idea how novelties work in terms of production or legality but I put this quick sketch together on acad of something I think would look great.

Show Image

Started a new job a few months back, so it's been a while since I've been active on the site. Just seeing these now. They look really cool. I'd probably change the colors, but I love the idea of Sparx and the gems. Really brings back key elements of the game. Thank you for putting these together, and I'd definitely have these in contention for the novelties (albeit with a color change back to the set colors) if this set can make it to production.

Housekeeping on this. I haven't heard much of a response lately from the vendor I originally contacted, so I may be putting this to Massdrop to see what kind of traction we can get there. Let me know any thoughts around this.

Offline I_am_not_me_

Show Image

Started a new job a few months back, so it's been a while since I've been active on the site. Just seeing these now. They look really cool. I'd probably change the colors, but I love the idea of Sparx and the gems. Really brings back key elements of the game. Thank you for putting these together, and I'd definitely have these in contention for the novelties (albeit with a color change back to the set colors) if this set can make it to production.

Housekeeping on this. I haven't heard much of a response lately from the vendor I originally contacted, so I may be putting this to Massdrop to see what kind of traction we can get there. Let me know any thoughts around this.

Awesome. And no worries about the colors. I’m colorblind so I figured the colors I picked would be off no matter what. Goodluck with the set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TheNamesTy45

I went ahead and put this poll live on Massdrop. https://www.massdrop.com/vote/GMK-Purple-Dragon

Offline poolside

Re: [IC] GMK Purple Dragon - Poll on Massdrop - 12/17/17
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 04:41:06 »
Just upped the vote count to a whopping 3  :thumb:

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 06:37:51 »
Thanks, Poolside! We're up to a whopping four now. Smashing success so far in my book  ;)

Offline MajorKoos

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 08:26:23 »
Voted as well.
Hope the subtle beauty of this set inspires some more votes.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 10:11:12 »
Voted as well.
It's my fear that the reserved colors of this set will fly under the radar. Sometimes I wonder if I should have opted away from the subtlety and refined nature of this design.

Offline MajorKoos

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 17:01:38 »
Voted as well.
It's my fear that the reserved colors of this set will fly under the radar. Sometimes I wonder if I should have opted away from the subtlety and refined nature of this design.

Skeletor seemed to do well and it's almost as down-toned as this.
This is what the spacebars from my skeletor and yuri sets look like together.

184792-0

184794-1

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 17:32:46 »
I love Skeletor. Actually had it at one point, but wound up selling because I went on a "I discovered Topre" kick and sold off a ton of my Cherry compatible stuff to finance that adventure.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #86 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 18:15:44 »
TBH, part of me wants the base to ALL be people and then make the orange mods an extension kit.

But that's just cause i love the idea of all purple keys.  :p

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 17:17:49 »
Finally settling back in from a ton of craziness, and wanted to devote some more attention to this and start taking some steps to market this a little more.

Offline Colourr

• no worries
« Reply #88 on: Sat, 19 May 2018, 23:19:57 »
love this set!

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 12:03:05 »
 :eek: I need it
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 February 2019, 01:23:00 by Hisui »

Offline mimalik

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 12:56:13 »
Orange...IN by default.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 13:32:46 »
Voted. How do feel about alternate F keys kit? Also any idea on drop timelines?

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 15:31:17 »
From May 20 to today, nice necro lol :P

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 18:08:21 »
So, I initially stopped working on this because it looked like the interest wasn't there, but if there is an appetite for this set now, I'm 100% on board with picking this back up and running with it.

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 20:31:37 »
Interesting color combination.
No classic but seducing.
Look forward to the next step.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #95 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 21:06:50 »

I didn't have any plans for alternate F keys because I want to keep the number of keys in the set lower, but what were you thinking for alternate F keys?

Realized, I didn't fully answer drop timeline question. Well, that is dependent on if interest in the community spikes suddenly. If it were to be a big enough spike and I hit Massdrop's radar, then I'd probably be in the queue for whatever keycap drop roadmap they have, which would probably push this out in the more distant future. If I were to find a couple of reputable vendors who wanted to work with me on this, then I'd imagine a much shorter timeline from IC to GB. But, again this is all dependent on if we get an interest spike on this colorway.

When I initially launched the IC for this, I somehow landed right in the middle of a lot of people doing loud colorway ICs, which probably made this not stand out as much. Now that the community is trending back towards muted colorways, I'm hoping that this set will be able to stand out a bit.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #96 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 21:08:34 »
Interesting color combination.
No classic but seducing.
Look forward to the next step.

Agree with you. Definitely a good colorway for some boards, but not as fitting with everything as say Muted, Olivia, or a Dolch set would be.

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 01:35:37 »
honestly, I love it because of the theme. Maybe with the remaster being released not to long ago, the Spyro hype in general is higher. Id really like to see this set pick up some traction!  :thumb:

Offline mimalik

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 07:46:58 »

I didn't have any plans for alternate F keys because I want to keep the number of keys in the set lower, but what were you thinking for alternate F keys?

Realized, I didn't fully answer drop timeline question. Well, that is dependent on if interest in the community spikes suddenly. If it were to be a big enough spike and I hit Massdrop's radar, then I'd probably be in the queue for whatever keycap drop roadmap they have, which would probably push this out in the more distant future. If I were to find a couple of reputable vendors who wanted to work with me on this, then I'd imagine a much shorter timeline from IC to GB. But, again this is all dependent on if we get an interest spike on this colorway.

When I initially launched the IC for this, I somehow landed right in the middle of a lot of people doing loud colorway ICs, which probably made this not stand out as much. Now that the community is trending back towards muted colorways, I'm hoping that this set will be able to stand out a bit.

Personally I would liove to see a entire F row in orange, but may not be popular with others, hence alternate collour patterns for a F row kit, so that once can have option of going all orange or purple F row.

I think this GB will do well if dropped, MD's pipeline is pretty much full for the year. I think some other vendors may push it sooner as well and keep the cost low.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #99 on: Sat, 23 February 2019, 19:02:34 »
Honestly, never thought about an all orange F row. I think it could look cool. Wouldn't really like an purple F row though.

You're the first to mention this, so I don't want to add it to the base because it'll add cost. BUT, if I see enough demand for it and a whoever the GB goes through is cool with it, it'd definitely be a good add-on kit to have.

Yeah, I'm kinda in that spot of wondering if this could be a really successful kit if just shoved out to the masses and people could vote with their wallets, or if it'll be crickets save for a few enthusiastic voices.