Author Topic: IBM Selectric Old School Keycaps  (Read 4640 times)

Offline Classic

IBM Selectric Old School Keycaps
« on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 11:31:41 »
I am interested in getting the exact shape and color keycaps for cherry switches.  I think it would be so cool to have the same shape and color as the vintage IBM Selectric Typewriter.  Are there any of these floating around from past group buys?  I really like the spherical style, old school double shot molding and vintage color.  Or will there be another group buy coming up soon for these keycaps?  I want to make sure I do not miss the boat!!

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
Re: IBM Selectric Old School Keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 11:34:40 »
You just missed the Retro GB, maybe there will be a round 2 by someone else, as I'm sure they said they were not running another one, you should probably just trawl the classifieds.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 12:07:14 »
You just missed the Retro GB, maybe there will be a round 2 by someone else, as I'm sure they said they were not running another one, you should probably just trawl the classifieds.
Techkeys has some sets.

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 13:37:19 »
There's another spherical group buy starting, for a two-tone grey colour scheme.  See the threads mentioning 'dsa dolch'.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 16:32:34 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43863.0

get on this. i ordered a set and they are going to be gorgeous. not quite the sphericals you want. that would be something closer to R4 SPH.

not enough people know about the dolch dsa. this is an amazing group buy. i guess since it is in the vendor forum area instead of the group buy page.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid