Author Topic: Is WASD not doing custom keys anymore?  (Read 1595 times)

Offline ImClueless

Is WASD not doing custom keys anymore?
« on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 21:35:20 »
I thought I remembered WASD having a custom key etching option. Did they remove this with the website update or is it just not visible yet with the transition being only yesterday?

Offline Lu_e

Re: Is WASD not doing custom keys anymore?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 21:42:54 »
Uhh and wheres the barebones versions?

Offline jiggityjane

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 21:57:40 »
The V2 Designer Tool is now integrated into product pages. It is now also available for both custom keyboards and custom keycap sets. The older V1 designer is no longer available. Remember, custom text changes can still be made by supplying a layout file. We will also allow simple changes to be noted through the order comments.

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/blog

Looks like these products here have the new editor: http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/mechanical-keyboard.html

Offline ImClueless

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 21:59:38 »
Maybe.But I feel like they had an option in their designer to pick for each key on a board as well as full cap sets, not just singles.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 22:12:38 »
Maybe.But I feel like they had an option in their designer to pick for each key on a board as well as full cap sets, not just singles.

They did in the old designer. If you want to do that still they have Illustrator and Corel draw templates for you to modify and send them with your order.

Offline ImClueless

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 22:14:39 »

They did in the old designer. If you want to do that still they have Illustrator and Corel draw templates for you to modify and send them with your order.

Are they still charging the $7-10 per key that they have on these pages? http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/printed-keycap-singles.html

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 22:17:43 »
$10 a key but you can upload the image of all keys for cheaper just need photoshop or illustrator. I did only 5 keys and they turned out good I just didn't like the profile, I like cherry profile.