Author Topic: Please help with someone's spacebar needs - what is this spacebar?  (Read 1178 times)

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
Please help with someone's spacebar needs - what is this spacebar?
« on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 19:12:56 »
I was asked for help in sourcing a spacebar, but the guy doesn't understand how to describe.

Below is his description. As far as I understand, that's not a short space bar. It should be 7u. People who know better please come forward. I can easily sell him a 7u Tai Hao cheap, but I want to know if tt esport has any oddities.

[

The keyboard is a tt esport g unit with a short space bar and 3 connections.  In total length it's 4+3/4 to 4+13/16 inches.  The middle + is at 2+3/8", and each + is 3/8" from the end.  The lettering underneath reads "r62 02".
[/quote]
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: Please help with someone's spacebar needs - what is this spacebar?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 19:47:08 »
fix your quote

that sounds like a 7x
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline SuperBobKing

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 19:56:05 »
Assuming it is this keyboard http://www.ttesports.com/Keyboard/23/MEKA_Gunit/productPage.htm?a=a&g=ftr#.VIua3ivF_UA

It looks like a 6.5u space. The measurement seems right for that too.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 20:03:07 »
Yeah, the Ctrl keys are 1.75 ... :-X