Author Topic: Noxious Bro Bot (MX) Giveaway-Show me your keycaps...with a twist(Winner Found)  (Read 54371 times)

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
Grats to the winners! This was fun.

Also thanks CPT.  ;)
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
Re: Noxious Bro Bot (MX) Giveaway - Show me your keycaps...with a twist
« Reply #251 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 11:51:22 »
Actually, I don't have a BB anymore :P, but I entered to share the pictures, gratz to hking! I hope you enjoy it!

Er, apologies. I hope there's no hard feelings. Please check your PMs :).
No hard feelings, and thank you very much!

Offline Belfong

Congrats winners! I really enjoyed this contest and seeing all the submissions! One of the most creative giveaways!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Congrats hking!!  :)

I had a lot of fun doing this (I was drinking beer, so duh :P ). I kind of hope there are more competitions that require participation like this, I had a blast.  :D

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
Congrats, hking0036! Thanks, CPT!

This was very entertaining and fun. I like entries that make me say to myself, "Huh. I wouldn't have thought of that." Turned out to be most of these.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline drewba

Haha, good for you Hking!

CPT - solid giveaway, Can we turn your theme in to a thing and redo this in the future? I'd love to borrow the idea.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
CPT - solid giveaway, Can we turn your theme in to a thing and redo this in the future? I'd love to borrow the idea.

You're more than welcome to borrow the idea. I like to try new things so I'll probably think of something new for the next giveaway I do. Glad you all enjoyed it :).

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
#19? fuuuu randomizer

congrats hking
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
Congrats HKING0036! This was definitely a fun contest to watch, thanks for putting it on CBA.
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline hking0036

Thanks everyone! It was a fun contest!  ;D I'll pm you cpt.
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 February 2015, 13:29:06 by hking0036 »
Realforce RF87UB 45g Uniform | Leopold FC660C w/ TMK | IBM Model M - 3/24/1997 | IBM Model F 122 - 11/25/1985 ANSI'd w/ TMK | IBM Model F XT in a box

Offline R1N3

#19? fuuuu randomizer

Show Image

congrats hking

Rofl the flippee has his hand raised for a judge. Wonder what the ruling was..
grats hking

Offline Grill3dCh33z

« Reply #261 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 15:02:22 »
Show Image

Ok so this is the list I generated of everyone who posted a picture. If I missed you, please let me know. I was working on this at like 0200 and was tired as ****.

According to this list and some snooping, hking0036 is the first person on the list who doesn't have a BroBot. So I declare him in the winner of the Noxious Bro Bot in the OP. CONGRATS HKING0036 :D !!

Show Image

hking0036's entry

In addition, my favorite entry was pwnnarwhal's little vignette with his vandal and lions.

More
VANDAL! NO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!?!?!?
Show Image

WOAH!! WHAT IS THIS?! THE LIONS HAVE ENCIRCLED THE VANDAL WHILE THE LOVEBOT COWARS BACK!

Show Image

WHAT!! THEY HAVE GOT HIM DOWN! WHAT WILL HIS FATE BE???!

Show Image

TOO SAVAGE FAM!! THE LIONS HAVE STARTED TO EAT THE POOR VANDAL!!!

Show Image

THE LIONS HAVE NOW ATE THE VANDAL!!! RIP IN PEACE FAM!!

Show Image

But honestly, it was so hard to pick. From Hoff's impression of Stone Cold Steve Austin to Psybin's greyhound to drewba's dart board; it was all so much fun. Hope you all enjoyed this as much as I did.

I'll be sending pwnnarwhal and hking0036 PMs but just in case you guys see it here first, congrats :).

Thanks for playing everyone. I really appreciate the entries ^__^.

Wasn't put on the list but submitted a picture. I don't have a BB either. *sobs internally*

Offline hking0036

« Reply #262 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 15:24:02 »
Show Image

Ok so this is the list I generated of everyone who posted a picture. If I missed you, please let me know. I was working on this at like 0200 and was tired as ****.

According to this list and some snooping, hking0036 is the first person on the list who doesn't have a BroBot. So I declare him in the winner of the Noxious Bro Bot in the OP. CONGRATS HKING0036 :D !!

Show Image

hking0036's entry

In addition, my favorite entry was pwnnarwhal's little vignette with his vandal and lions.

More
Show Image

WOAH!! WHAT IS THIS?! THE LIONS HAVE ENCIRCLED THE VANDAL WHILE THE LOVEBOT COWARS BACK!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

But honestly, it was so hard to pick. From Hoff's impression of Stone Cold Steve Austin to Psybin's greyhound to drewba's dart board; it was all so much fun. Hope you all enjoyed this as much as I did.

I'll be sending pwnnarwhal and hking0036 PMs but just in case you guys see it here first, congrats :).

Wasn't put on the list but submitted a picture. I don't have a BB either. *sobs internally*
I think it was because of the 25 posts requirement, sorry though  :-X
Realforce RF87UB 45g Uniform | Leopold FC660C w/ TMK | IBM Model M - 3/24/1997 | IBM Model F 122 - 11/25/1985 ANSI'd w/ TMK | IBM Model F XT in a box

Offline Grill3dCh33z

« Reply #263 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 15:40:35 »
Show Image

Show Image

hking0036's entry

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh well... Congrats though. Glad you won it.  :thumb:

Offline hking0036

« Reply #264 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 15:52:27 »
Show Image

Show Image

hking0036's entry

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh well... Congrats though. Glad you won it.  :thumb:
Yeah, sorry, but thanks.   ;D

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #265 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 15:53:10 »

25 posts or up was one of the requirements in the OP.

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
Gratz on Gratz on Gratz

Offline thefebruaryman

• turn it off and turn it on again
Congratulations and thanks for this competition.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Congrats hking0036 :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
Congrats hking! And wonderful photos, everyone! It was a blast seeing all of the creative entries!
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
Congrats HKING0036!!!

This was super fun to see all the pics and i hope we continue to see them!
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline hjc1710

Grats hking! This was one of the most entertaining contests I've seen, thanks for setting it up CPT :).
Filco Majestouch II (B) | Poker II (BR) | Cherry G80-11900 (BLK) | Das V3 (BR) | RS84 (soon...)

Granite | Skull Squadron | Deep Space | Raindrop R2 | Hyperfuse GMK (soon...)

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
#19? fuuuu randomizer

Show Image

congrats hking

Pfft, I was 25, second to last, so RNG hates me more. ;)

Congrats, hking!
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
Conngratulations to hking for winning as well as to all those who entered this for all your valued efforts. Thanks for doing this for us CPT. Badass 4lyfe

Offline tbc

#19? fuuuu randomizer

Show Image

congrats hking

Pfft, I was 25, second to last, so RNG hates me more. ;)

Congrats, hking!

pfft,

i was literally not put on the list.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
Congrats hking0036! :cool: Great giveaway Captain! :thumb:

Offline JackMills

Congrats HKING0036

This was a fun one, to enter and to watch. Well done CPT

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
i was literally not put on the list.

I'm really sorry about that. Like I said I was working on this at 0200. Check your PMs :).

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Just an FYI everyone. I started something new at work so I've been busy with that. And I was sick Friday :(. I will get all the mail out this week. Apologies :( :(

Offline hking0036

Just an FYI everyone. I started something new at work so I've been busy with that. And I was sick Friday :(. I will get all the mail out this week. Apologies :( :(
Not a problem, understandable.  ;D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

I hope you're feeling better now :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Thanks for your concern rowdy. Packages go out tomorrow. You'll get tracking. Again, sorry for the wait everyone.

Offline hking0036

so I gave away that Vault 13 key, should I warn the guy I gave it to it's been in a toilet or no?  :))

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
so I gave away that Vault 13 key, should I warn the guy I gave it to it's been in a toilet or no?  :))

Ask for a pic of it in their mouth, then tell them.

Offline hking0036

Ask for a pic of it in their mouth, then tell them.
Mildly tempting, maybe once it gets there  :thumb:

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
I love nubs pic the warus w the robots in the dark! Also punks pic of the Ribbit on the beach :D the lions and vandal was epic too!
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 March 2015, 17:05:36 by dustinhxc »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
I love nubs pic the warus w the robots in the dark! Also punks pic of the Ribbit on the beach :D the lions and vandal was epic too!

The one with the Danbos?  I still like the fire and U Mad one the best out of the ones I did.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs

The one with the Danbos?  I still like the fire and U Mad one the best out of the ones I did.

Yeah that was a sweet photo!

Offline hking0036

showed up today!

also my Out of the Vault Round 2 showed up from SP!

;D
Thanks again for the giveaway cpt, and thank you for the stickers too!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Glad it arrived safely :)

Offline hking0036

Glad it arrived safely :)
yep, the box it came in was cute too haha :p

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
My visitor came today! Thanks for the cap and stickers BadAss!

Offline drewba

Those single-key carrying cases are awesome. Where did you find those CPT?

Offline hking0036

To me it looked sorta like those boxes you get at the dentists when you get a tooth out. Might be that.

Offline drewba

To me it looked sorta like those boxes you get at the dentists when you get a tooth out. Might be that.
Did you get a tooth, too?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine

I got them in a trade from skcheng. Dunno where he gets them.