Author Topic: new O-rings dampeners 40-durometer  (Read 11011 times)

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• Trade Count: (0)
    • youtube
new O-rings dampeners 40-durometer
« on: Wed, 28 December 2011, 23:06:29 »
EDIT: currently all sold out, might get more in the future so if you're still interested just PM me. this first initial batch was mainly for myself so i only had a couple of extra packs to sell. here's the group buy if you still want some:
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?25714-O-Rings-of-vaious-thickness-and-softness-Group-Buy

i have a few packs of extra O-rings to sell, they're great to dampen the bottom out noise. 40-durometer softness is very hard to find, only place i saw was wasdkeyboard.com that goes for about $20 shipped per pack. O-rings in 40A is more effective and feels better than the more common 50A, and especially the standard 70A softness, without feeling too mushy like the black or grey soft-landing pads sold on EK.

inner diamter: 3/16" (4.76mm)
Outer diameter: 5/16" (7.94mm)
thickness: 1/16" (1.59mm)
material: Silicone
quantity: 105 counts per pack

i'll sell these for $10 shipped per pack. shipping will be from california (USA) in normal USPS first class envelopes, unless you want to pay extra for whichever service you want. here's a link to my review if you want to know how they are:

http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:25612
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 January 2012, 21:35:06 by WhiteFireDragon »

Offline sordna

« Reply #1 on: Thu, 29 December 2011, 00:44:13 »
What color are they? Can you post a photo? I wonder if they're same as the rust-color silicon o-rings I got way back from oringsusa.com
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 29 December 2011, 01:20:49 »
Quote from: WhiteFireDragon;479397
i have a few packs of extra O-rings to sell, they're great to dampen the bottom out noise. 40-durometer softness is very hard to find, only place i saw was wasdkeyboard.com that goes for about $20 shipped per pack. O-rings in 40A is more effective and feels better than the more common 50A, and especially the standard 70A softness, without feeling too mushy like the black or grey soft-landing pads sold on EK.

i'll sell these for $10 shipped per packed. shipping will be in normal envelopes, unless you want to pay extra for whichever service you want. let me know if you have any questions

I'll take a couple please...........PM'd.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 29 December 2011, 05:06:17 »
Doesnt silicon tear easyier compared to nitril or edpm?

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 29 December 2011, 05:49:46 »
pm'd.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 29 December 2011, 06:35:32 »
Quote from: TheProfosist;479472
Doesnt silicon tear easyier compared to nitril or edpm?

I suppose it does, but I have already paid for 2 packets but have not heard anything from him.............is that normal for here?

I already paid for two different items from other sellers here on this forum and you get instant reply and confirmation.

But not here..............what gives?

Offline HamsterDog

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 29 December 2011, 11:50:30 »
would like to buy a pack... OP or buyer pls post/pm if this still goes through!

Offline michaelgasser17

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 29 December 2011, 12:32:54 »
How does one then get feedback if nobody will buy from them an they aren't in the market to buy anything?

Offline michaelgasser17

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 29 December 2011, 12:34:25 »
It is weird though to not hear back. I am in pretty spotty intarweb conditions and I still make sure I can get in touch within 24 hours if I'm buying or selling.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 29 December 2011, 15:39:57 »
hey guys, i just posted this last night so it hasn't even been a full day yet. i'm not ignoring anyone, i got a lot of PMs and i have to sort through it first and i'll responded right now.

if you're worried about feedback, my heatware is 114-0-0 and my ebay is 50-0-0.

EDIT: lol some PMs i got were at 3-4am. c'mon i'm not that much of a geek to stay up until 4am checking forums :wink:. i replied to all PM's if i somehow missed you, send another one
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 December 2011, 15:52:09 by WhiteFireDragon »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 29 December 2011, 16:46:28 »
Hey everyone, I just pm'd him and WhiteFireDragon has gotten in contact.

Yeah, not everyone is glued to this forum like me.  Hence expecting instant PM responses usually doesn't happen.  But I'm glad everything's alright.

Another thing too for here, when someone wants to get good feedback and they come here with obviously none.  Then it's up to everyone to buy/sell their wares.

So far, I have been lucky but you need to develop a little trust otherwise, there will only be a handful of people here who have total rights to sell and buy items on this forum.
So even they started here with no feedback.  I'm not saying just trust everyone who posts here, but make sure what you're buying doesn't slaughter your wallet especially when the seller has no feedback.  But once the gear turns up on your doorstep, then feedback will be graciously given.

I think this place is like a small market where you test the waters with your big-toe to see what it's like.  Then when you get your first positive feedback you jump all in, and literally drown yourself with ...............keyboards/paraphernalia.  I hope that isn't a nasty analogy.  It's not meant to be :)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 29 December 2011, 17:14:36 »
Quote from: WhiteFireDragon;479768
hey guys, i just posted this last night so it hasn't even been a full day yet. i'm not ignoring anyone, i got a lot of PMs and i have to sort through it first and i'll responded right now.

if you're worried about feedback, my heatware is 114-0-0 and my ebay is 50-0-0.

EDIT: lol some PMs i got were at 3-4am. c'mon i'm not that much of a geek to stay up until 4am checking forums :wink:. i replied to all PM's if i somehow missed you, send another one
That's why I don't like selling.

I have an OCD about replying instantly, no matter the time.  I hate having the thought that somebody thinks I'm scamming them because I don't reply lol.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 29 December 2011, 20:46:19 »
UPDATE: i received all payments already except from 1 person. assuming he still wants it but just haven't gotten the chance to pay for it yet, i only have 1 pack left

Offline sordna

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 29 December 2011, 21:08:17 »
You never replied to my question, what color are they?
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 29 December 2011, 21:29:59 »
Quote from: sordna;479945
You never replied to my question, what color are they?

sorry about that, i replied to all PM questions about buying and forgot about your question in the thread. anyways i'm not too sure on color, but i'm guessing black. i'm currently not home for the holidays until a few more days. when i get back, i'll let you know and take the pic just for you :).

for the couple people that already paid for them, i'll also try my best to have them shipped out the same day i get back.
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 December 2011, 21:33:00 by WhiteFireDragon »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 29 December 2011, 21:47:02 »
not to thread crap but, why didn't you just put this sale up when you were at home and ready to ship?

you should have also mentioned in OP that you won't be shipping until a few days from now.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 30 December 2011, 04:02:12 »
Quote from: demik;479961
not to thread crap but, why didn't you just put this sale up when you were at home and ready to ship?

you should have also mentioned in OP that you won't be shipping until a few days from now.

i said it all the buyers in PM, no one had a problem with it. i guess i'll also add it to the OP for the last pack

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 30 December 2011, 14:26:36 »
all sold now.

PM me if you're still interested, if there are enough people i'll order more in a larger batch.

Offline sordna

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 30 December 2011, 14:35:20 »
Quote from: WhiteFireDragon;480477
all sold now.

PM me if you're still interested, if there are enough people i'll order more in a larger batch.

I hope you actually *see* them before you sell them this time, so you can tell us the color :-)

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 31 December 2011, 21:45:11 »
ok i got a few criticism: basically no pictures, and posting this thread when i'm out of town. well i gave very specific instructions for someone at home to package and ship all the stuff for me, so everything was shipped out this morning. no need to wait for me to get home :). if you bought a pack, you already got a PM about this.

@ sordna: here is a pic you requested, looks like you're right. they're bright orange. the extra ones i had to sell are the smaller O-rings, the larger ones i bought to purposely shorten the bottom-out distance, these i bought for myself to test first. they look really FAT, can't wait to try them out!

Offline YiL

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 02 January 2012, 04:48:25 »
are the fat ones still available?

Gr.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 02 January 2012, 10:33:17 »
Are those the ones I got?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 02 January 2012, 15:07:17 »
here's a thread to my mini review of these two O-ring size if anyone wants to know how they are. i'll put this link in the OP as well:
http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:25612

Quote from: YiL;481761
are the fat ones still available?

Gr.
no, the fat ones were never sold. they were too expensive for me to get more than i needed
Quote from: DanGWanG;481830
Are those the ones I got?
yeah, you got the orange small ones like in that picture.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 02 January 2012, 15:56:29 »
Nice

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 04 January 2012, 02:58:32 »
I would be interested in a set just to see how they compare to WASDs.

Offline Crowat

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 04 January 2012, 12:51:38 »
Received my order today.  Quick turnaround time and order is as described!

Mine look orange/red.  Similar to a clay brick color.  I haven't had the chance to test them out yet.

I do have a set of 50A ones from WASD that I can compare them to.  I will try them out later today.

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 04 January 2012, 14:17:50 »
Got mine yesterday, started a member rating thread for WhiteFireDragon this morning.

Offline sordna

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 04 January 2012, 15:29:11 »
Quote from: Crowat;483224

Mine look orange/red.  Similar to a clay brick color.

Must be the same as the ones I got from oringsusa.com ... they described the color as "rust". Here is pic I took a while back for comparison:

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 36586[/ATTACH]

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 04 January 2012, 16:41:27 »
there's enough people that PM'ed me for interest in future orders, so i'll start a group buy soon. i already have a small list, so either PM me if you want a pack or just wait until i start the group buy thread and post on there.

Quote from: Crowat;483224
Received my order today.  Quick turnaround time and order is as described!

Quote from: emptythecache;483288
Got mine yesterday, started a member rating thread for WhiteFireDragon this morning.

thanks for feedback guys. and people were worried and criticized me at first :/

Quote from: sordna;483320
Must be the same as the ones I got from oringsusa.com ... they described the color as "rust".

it might be the same, although the two companies have different names, phone number, and addresses. but i think they might have the same OEM supplier?

Offline AtL

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 05 January 2012, 15:47:20 »
Would you be into a fatty o-ring group buy?
KBC Poker

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 06 January 2012, 21:34:21 »
i'm still getting PMs for this thread. the ones i sold were only in very limited amounts, i have no more on me. if you want one of these, i started a group buy so everyone can get some. they're pack A in the group buy. i'll also add this link to the OP:

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?25714-O-Rings-of-vaious-thickness-and-softness-Group-Buy