Author Topic: [GB] TMK Alps64 - 60% PCB for Alps  (Read 616507 times)

Offline lishi

• Luxury Taste Buds
    • Personal Website
Re: [GB] 60% ALPS PCB
« Reply #450 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 20:07:59 »
Hi All,

Just started an interest check for an Apple Extended Keyboard style label for your Alps 60%'s!

I've already printed out the labels, if you're interested make sure to post in here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=73915.0 or send me a PM!
All the kustom 60s

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
« Reply #451 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 13:32:18 »
Is there any place on this PCB that I might hook up a LED to? I really wish to have a LED as a layer indicator.
TMK Alps64 w/ Matias Quiet Switches in KBP V60 case.
Infinity60 with SKCM Orange Switches w/ TMK.
CM Storm QRF w/ Frosty Flake controller, Cherry MX Blue Switches and TMK firmware.

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #452 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 13:33:46 »
My life's biggest regret is not getting in on this group buy.  Rats.

yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip. fingers crossed for another run.
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline a-c

« Reply #453 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 16:57:23 »
Is there any place on this PCB that I might hook up a LED to? I really wish to have a LED as a layer indicator.

According to the schematics pins C4, C6, and C7 are unused.

They are not broken out anywhere so you will have to solder a wire directly to the chip.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #454 on: Thu, 30 July 2015, 05:48:28 »
would it be possible to support backlit for this in the future?

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
« Reply #455 on: Thu, 30 July 2015, 08:36:58 »

According to the schematics pins C4, C6, and C7 are unused.

They are not broken out anywhere so you will have to solder a wire directly to the chip.
Thanks!
CM Storm QRF w/ Frosty Flake controller, Cherry MX Blue Switches and TMK firmware.

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.

Offline kennardsmith

« Reply #456 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 12:47:47 »
I got my B-stock from R2 in the mail last night. It looks to be of better quality than some folks are getting for their Infinity PCBs.

Thanks, hasu!
[Control] is just left side of [A]. It comes from Sun Type3 key layout.

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #457 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 13:04:50 »
does anyone have an extra pcb they would like to sell? shoot me a pm if so :thumb:
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline zenless

« Reply #458 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 13:19:30 »
Yeah i snoozed on the b-stock, by the time i got around to responding they were gone.. I'll just hope for another GB!

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
« Reply #459 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 09:52:02 »
I notice a small problem with V60 case. It's not a perfectly exact fit of the case and causes a slight deform. This makes the four rubber feet under the case not even, and also makes the spacebar get stuck with the case in rare occasions. From my observation, the bottom edge of the plate is now closer to the case, compared to the stock PCB. Can this be a problem of my assembly? Any idea how to fix this?

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.

Offline a-c

« Reply #460 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 10:06:17 »
I notice a small problem with V60 case. It's not a perfectly exact fit of the case and causes a slight deform. This makes the four rubber feet under the case not even, and also makes the spacebar get stuck with the case in rare occasions. From my observation, the bottom edge of the plate is now closer to the case, compared to the stock PCB. Can this be a problem of my assembly? Any idea how to fix this?

I noticed the same thing, but thought it was just me. I think the two holes for the pins may just be a tiny bit off. I think if you take a fine file to it and enlarge the holes a little it will fit without warping. I put mine in a different case so didn't try this myself.

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
« Reply #461 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 10:33:16 »
Which pins are you referring to?

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.

Offline a-c

« Reply #462 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 12:50:05 »

There are two plastic pins sticking up in the center of the V60 case that fit into holes in the bottom of the PCB.

Between T,Y and U,I.
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 August 2015, 12:52:48 by a-c »

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
« Reply #463 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 17:09:15 »

There are two plastic pins sticking up in the center of the V60 case that fit into holes in the bottom of the PCB.

Between T,Y and U,I.

Those holes on my PCB should have been bigger for safer tolerance. I'll change them on next revision. I don't have V60 so let me know how the holes are off to the pins, it would be useful to fix.

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #464 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 17:30:35 »
I was thinking about 60% alps boards today, and this happened to show up on spy.  I would love to get in for at least 2 if another round comes up. 

Hasu, how much interest do you need before starting another group buy?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #465 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 17:32:21 »
At this moment I don't know when next round starts but I made Google form for interest check. (This is mainly for purpose to learn how form works.)

Fill in the form if you are interested in next round of this PCB and don't want to check this thread periodically. I'll let you know via PM when it starts.
http://goo.gl/forms/8f8RcZICuk

You don't necessarily have to fill the form to get PCB, use it only if you need notice from me.

Thanks
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 August 2015, 17:40:45 by hasu »

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #466 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 17:33:16 »
I was thinking about 60% alps boards today, and this happened to show up on spy.  I would love to get in for at least 2 if another round comes up. 

Hasu, how much interest do you need before starting another group buy?

We need 25 at least to order.

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #467 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 17:36:32 »
At this moment I don't know when next round starts but I made Google form for interest check. (This is mainly for purpose to learn how form works.)

Fill in the form if you are interested in next round of this PCB and check this thread periodically. I'll let you know via PM when it starts.
http://goo.gl/forms/8f8RcZICuk

You don't necessarily have to fill the form to get PCB, use it only if you need notice from me.

Thanks

Alright, I signed the petition to make the world a better place.  I have all of these linear greens and nothing good to do with them.

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
« Reply #468 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 18:57:07 »

Between T,Y and U,I.

Show Image
Show Image

Those holes on my PCB should have been bigger for safer tolerance. I'll change them on next revision. I don't have V60 so let me know how the holes are off to the pins, it would be useful to fix.
I just expanded the two holes a little larger but it does not seem to work. The problem is probably not here. It might be from the USB connector. I compared the TMK PCB to the stock V60 PCB and the USB part is the only difference I can spot. (It will probably be easier to determine the problem if I don't have switches and plates over the PCB, but I really don't want to desolder all the switches and then solder them back). As shown in the following pictures, the USB part of the stock PCB is completely flat while the TMK one sticks out a little. Maybe this is the problem? Will anything bad happen if I flatten the sticking out part with a fine file?
108101-0
108103-1
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 August 2015, 19:18:14 by ctm »

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #469 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 19:16:58 »
Filing that part of PCB is probably alright.

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
« Reply #470 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 20:00:34 »
It looks to me that the two parts in red circle will be filed away if I file it. Is that really OK? That shiny part looks like soldering.
108105-0

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.

Offline a-c

« Reply #471 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 20:04:52 »
It looks to me that the two parts in red circle will be filed away if I file it. Is that really OK? That shiny part looks like soldering.
(Attachment Link)

I have a bare board I can put in my V60 case. Just need to take it apart. Don't file your PCB.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #472 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 20:31:57 »
(Attachment Link)

It may weaken USB connector firmness mecanically but no problem electrically. I don't recommend but you are probably OK.

And check a-c 's post before filing.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=69740.msg1792742#msg1792742

Offline a-c

« Reply #473 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 20:40:02 »

Yes, the case is pressing against the little extended tab. I would file down the case though, instead of the PCB. You just need to remove enough so the tab will fit into the case a bit.

The two pins actually look ok as they are.

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
« Reply #474 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 20:51:06 »
Show Image

Yes, the case is pressing against the little extended tab. I would file down the case though, instead of the PCB. You just need to remove enough so the tab will fit into the case a bit.

The two pins actually look ok as they are.
Thank you very much! I thought twice and concluded putting the PCB at risk is too much risk for me. If the PCB fails I will lose my precious programmable keyboard. I will file the case instead.

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #475 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 21:26:42 »
OK.
Removing of that tab of PCB from current design is not possible. This problem won't be fixed in next revision.

I added caveat on the first post.
"
To install this PCB into KBP V60 case you have to file case or PCB.
"

Offline a-c

« Reply #476 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 22:54:06 »
Thank you very much! I thought twice and concluded putting the PCB at risk is too much risk for me. If the PCB fails I will lose my precious programmable keyboard. I will file the case instead.

Decided to give it another try. Used a dremel with a small grinder wheel. Took off about half the thickness of the wall. You can't see it at all from the outside.

Now the board stays flat when screwed down. The USB port sicks out a tiny bit from the back.

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #477 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 23:34:21 »

Decided to give it another try. Used a dremel with a small grinder wheel. Took off about half the thickness of the wall. You can't see it at all from the outside.
Show Image

Now the board stays flat when screwed down. The USB port sicks out a tiny bit from the back.

I always say, you can't have a custom keyboard without a rotary tool.

Actually I've never said that before. But it's true probably?

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
« Reply #478 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 20:42:37 »
I filed my case. It now fits perfectly. Thanks a million to a-c and hasu!
108203-0
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 August 2015, 21:16:03 by ctm »

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #479 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 21:46:34 »
I always say, you can't have a custom keyboard without a rotary tool.

Actually I've never said that before. But it's true probably?
The creator of the rotary tool should be made a saint by the Church, that's how important I see them. (I was into casemodding long before my interest on mechanical keyboards.)

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #480 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 21:54:31 »
hmm, will this case issue be a problem with a stock Poker II case?

Offline a-c

« Reply #481 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 22:46:39 »
hmm, will this case issue be a problem with a stock Poker II case?

No, the V60 just has a super tight case. The PCB fits perfectly inside with zero play.

Poker II/Pok3R have much more space to move around.

Offline skikarl

« Reply #482 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 11:42:11 »
damn! i have 108 alps creams that are from an apple extended ii that i want to make in to a custom board! then someone points me to this thread and i cant even buy this board! Very interested in a run 3 of this bad boy right here. i like how it looks with your apple key caps. i am planing on using the caps from the AEii as well on mine, the caps are rather clean and a nice grey color. i also like the unique legends on them. nice looking pcb at a very reasonable price! And from what i have read it fits nicely in a poker case?

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #483 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 11:48:04 »
damn! i have 108 alps creams that are from an apple extended ii that i want to make in to a custom board! then someone points me to this thread and i cant even buy this board! Very interested in a run 3 of this bad boy right here. i like how it looks with your apple key caps. i am planing on using the caps from the AEii as well on mine, the caps are rather clean and a nice grey color. i also like the unique legends on them. nice looking pcb at a very reasonable price! And from what i have read it fits nicely in a poker case?

IC for a relevant project will be up soonish.  Keep your eyes peeled.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #484 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 12:18:43 »

Oh really?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #485 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 12:49:37 »

Please post about it here for us lazy folks!

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #486 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 18:28:05 »

Oh really?

Please post about it here for us lazy folks!

It's happening!!!

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #487 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 12:39:46 »
heck id be in for another one. love my alps board :)

Offline punkpc

« Reply #488 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 17:58:55 »
Ok got my keyboard built, no issues there. I'm typing on it now...  ;D but my issue is with the TMK software. I have used Easy AVR but not TMK. I think I have everything right but I'm getting a error when I "make" the file.

Code: [Select]
/usr/bin/sh: dfu-programmer: command not found
/usr/bin/sh: dfu-programmer: command not found

-------- begin --------
avr-gcc (WinAVR 20100110) 4.3.3
Copyright (C) 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

mkdir -p obj_alps64
Compiling C: keymap_plain.c
avr-gcc -c -mmcu=atmega32u2 -gdwarf-2 -DF_CPU=16000000UL -DINTERRUPT_CONTROL_ENDPOINT -DBOOTLOADER_SIZE=4096 -DF_USB=16000000UL -DARCH=ARCH_AVR8 -DUSB_DEVICE_ONLY -DUSE_FLASH_DESCRIPTORS -DUSE_STATIC_OPTIONS="(USB_DEVICE_OPT_FULLSPEED | USB_OPT_REG_ENABLED | USB_OPT_AUTO_PLL)" -DFIXED_CONTROL_ENDPOINT_SIZE=8  -DFIXED_NUM_CONFIGURATIONS=1 -DPROTOCOL_LUFA -DEXTRAKEY_ENABLE -DCONSOLE_ENABLE -DCOMMAND_ENABLE -DVERSION=unknown -Os -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-inline-small-functions -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wa,-adhlns=obj_alps64/keymap_plain.lst -I. -I../../tmk_core -I../../tmk_core/protocol/lufa -I../../tmk_core/protocol/lufa/LUFA-git -I../../tmk_core/common -std=gnu99 -include config.h -MMD -MP -MF .dep/obj_alps64_keymap_plain.o.d  keymap_plain.c -o obj_alps64/keymap_plain.o

mkdir -p obj_alps64
Compiling C: keymap_common.c
avr-gcc -c -mmcu=atmega32u2 -gdwarf-2 -DF_CPU=16000000UL -DINTERRUPT_CONTROL_ENDPOINT -DBOOTLOADER_SIZE=4096 -DF_USB=16000000UL -DARCH=ARCH_AVR8 -DUSB_DEVICE_ONLY -DUSE_FLASH_DESCRIPTORS -DUSE_STATIC_OPTIONS="(USB_DEVICE_OPT_FULLSPEED | USB_OPT_REG_ENABLED | USB_OPT_AUTO_PLL)" -DFIXED_CONTROL_ENDPOINT_SIZE=8  -DFIXED_NUM_CONFIGURATIONS=1 -DPROTOCOL_LUFA -DEXTRAKEY_ENABLE -DCONSOLE_ENABLE -DCOMMAND_ENABLE -DVERSION=unknown -Os -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-inline-small-functions -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wa,-adhlns=obj_alps64/keymap_common.lst -I. -I../../tmk_core -I../../tmk_core/protocol/lufa -I../../tmk_core/protocol/lufa/LUFA-git -I../../tmk_core/common -std=gnu99 -include config.h -MMD -MP -MF .dep/obj_alps64_keymap_common.o.d  keymap_common.c -o obj_alps64/keymap_common.o

mkdir -p obj_alps64
Compiling C: matrix.c
avr-gcc -c -mmcu=atmega32u2 -gdwarf-2 -DF_CPU=16000000UL -DINTERRUPT_CONTROL_ENDPOINT -DBOOTLOADER_SIZE=4096 -DF_USB=16000000UL -DARCH=ARCH_AVR8 -DUSB_DEVICE_ONLY -DUSE_FLASH_DESCRIPTORS -DUSE_STATIC_OPTIONS="(USB_DEVICE_OPT_FULLSPEED | USB_OPT_REG_ENABLED | USB_OPT_AUTO_PLL)" -DFIXED_CONTROL_ENDPOINT_SIZE=8  -DFIXED_NUM_CONFIGURATIONS=1 -DPROTOCOL_LUFA -DEXTRAKEY_ENABLE -DCONSOLE_ENABLE -DCOMMAND_ENABLE -DVERSION=unknown -Os -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-inline-small-functions -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wa,-adhlns=obj_alps64/matrix.lst -I. -I../../tmk_core -I../../tmk_core/protocol/lufa -I../../tmk_core/protocol/lufa/LUFA-git -I../../tmk_core/common -std=gnu99 -include config.h -MMD -MP -MF .dep/obj_alps64_matrix.o.d  matrix.c -o obj_alps64/matrix.o

mkdir -p obj_alps64
Compiling C: led.c
avr-gcc -c -mmcu=atmega32u2 -gdwarf-2 -DF_CPU=16000000UL -DINTERRUPT_CONTROL_ENDPOINT -DBOOTLOADER_SIZE=4096 -DF_USB=16000000UL -DARCH=ARCH_AVR8 -DUSB_DEVICE_ONLY -DUSE_FLASH_DESCRIPTORS -DUSE_STATIC_OPTIONS="(USB_DEVICE_OPT_FULLSPEED | USB_OPT_REG_ENABLED | USB_OPT_AUTO_PLL)" -DFIXED_CONTROL_ENDPOINT_SIZE=8  -DFIXED_NUM_CONFIGURATIONS=1 -DPROTOCOL_LUFA -DEXTRAKEY_ENABLE -DCONSOLE_ENABLE -DCOMMAND_ENABLE -DVERSION=unknown -Os -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-inline-small-functions -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wa,-adhlns=obj_alps64/led.lst -I. -I../../tmk_core -I../../tmk_core/protocol/lufa -I../../tmk_core/protocol/lufa/LUFA-git -I../../tmk_core/common -std=gnu99 -include config.h -MMD -MP -MF .dep/obj_alps64_led.o.d  led.c -o obj_alps64/led.o

mkdir -p obj_alps64/protocol/lufa
Compiling C: ../../tmk_core/protocol/lufa/lufa.c
avr-gcc -c -mmcu=atmega32u2 -gdwarf-2 -DF_CPU=16000000UL -DINTERRUPT_CONTROL_ENDPOINT -DBOOTLOADER_SIZE=4096 -DF_USB=16000000UL -DARCH=ARCH_AVR8 -DUSB_DEVICE_ONLY -DUSE_FLASH_DESCRIPTORS -DUSE_STATIC_OPTIONS="(USB_DEVICE_OPT_FULLSPEED | USB_OPT_REG_ENABLED | USB_OPT_AUTO_PLL)" -DFIXED_CONTROL_ENDPOINT_SIZE=8  -DFIXED_NUM_CONFIGURATIONS=1 -DPROTOCOL_LUFA -DEXTRAKEY_ENABLE -DCONSOLE_ENABLE -DCOMMAND_ENABLE -DVERSION=unknown -Os -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-inline-small-functions -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wa,-adhlns=obj_alps64/protocol/lufa/lufa.lst -I. -I../../tmk_core -I../../tmk_core/protocol/lufa -I../../tmk_core/protocol/lufa/LUFA-git -I../../tmk_core/common -std=gnu99 -include config.h -MMD -MP -MF .dep/obj_alps64_protocol_lufa_lufa.o.d  ../../tmk_core/protocol/lufa/lufa.c -o obj_alps64/protocol/lufa/lufa.o
../../tmk_core/protocol/lufa/lufa.c: In function 'setup_mcu':
../../tmk_core/protocol/lufa/lufa.c:575: warning: implicit declaration of function 'clock_prescale_set'
../../tmk_core/protocol/lufa/lufa.c:575: error: 'clock_div_1' undeclared (first use in this function)
../../tmk_core/protocol/lufa/lufa.c:575: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
../../tmk_core/protocol/lufa/lufa.c:575: error: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [obj_alps64/protocol/lufa/lufa.o] Error 1

It seems to go fine till "mkdir -p obj_alps64/protocol/lufa"

Does anyone know where I'm going wrong?

Thanks for the help...

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #489 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 20:36:38 »
Probably your toolchanin is too old to support ATMega32u2.  Atmel AVR toolchain should work.
http://www.atmel.com/ja/jp/tools/ATMELAVRTOOLCHAINFORWINDOWS.aspx

I've always felt like writing how to install toolchain on windows but my laziness always wins.
I got updated my note to Win10 the otherday and have a plan to do it for the OS but ...

Offline punkpc

« Reply #490 on: Sun, 30 August 2015, 21:49:03 »
Probably your toolchanin is too old to support ATMega32u2.  Atmel AVR toolchain should work.
http://www.atmel.com/ja/jp/tools/ATMELAVRTOOLCHAINFORWINDOWS.aspx

I've always felt like writing how to install toolchain on windows but my laziness always wins.
I got updated my note to Win10 the otherday and have a plan to do it for the OS but ...

That was it! I just did a fresh install of Win 10 on my iMac and forgot to install AVR Tools... oops

all good now

Offline jevvix

« Reply #491 on: Mon, 31 August 2015, 08:29:30 »
Finally got around to soldering my boards. When I plugged it in to flash the firmware it wouldn't recognize over USB and oddly disconnected my mouse. Took out my multi meter to poke around and found there was a short. After resoldering all the caps and the usb connector a few times the short was still there. I realized my soldering skills aren't that bad so I had a closer look at the '0.1uf caps'. I say '0.1uf caps' because they weren't caps at all. Based on the almost flat and black package with 000 etched on the top it looks like Digikey fudged my order and gave me 0 ohm resistors instead. What are the odds it damaged the Atmega32u2? USB has power protection so it should be alright? I imagine the disconnecting of my mouse was USB cutting power to save itself.

Anyways, they gave me unnecessary overnight shipping on $0.19 of smd caps  :))

Offline flabbergast

« Reply #492 on: Mon, 31 August 2015, 08:54:01 »
What are the odds it damaged the Atmega32u2? USB has power protection so it should be alright? I imagine the disconnecting of my mouse was USB cutting power to save itself.
Yes, the newer PCs cut off USB when it starts drawing too much power.

The atmega chips tend be to quite resilient, they can survive a lot of abuse. This kind of stuff (shorts) happened to me a few times and the chips always survived (didn't try it with 32u2, but certainly 328p's and some attinys).

By the way, if those were supposed to be 0.1uF caps, then it is possible (even likely) that the board will work without them at all, although probably quite unreliably. They're 'just' for filtering the IC noise. I have some atxmega chips which run quite fine without these filtering caps. Not really recommended, but you might try it just to test before the caps arrive.

The only strictly required cap on 32u4 (and i would guess on 32u2 as well) is the 1uF cap on the UCAP pin (it's for the internal 3.3V voltage regulator, which is needed to be functional for the USB communication to work).
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 August 2015, 08:58:32 by flabbergast »

Offline jevvix

« Reply #493 on: Mon, 31 August 2015, 09:20:05 »
By the way, if those were supposed to be 0.1uF caps, then it is possible (even likely) that the board will work without them at all, although probably quite unreliably. They're 'just' for filtering the IC noise. I have some atxmega chips which run quite fine without these filtering caps. Not really recommended, but you might try it just to test before the caps arrive.

Good call. I just plugged it. It was instantly recognized and Flip allowed me to open the USB port connection to it. Seems it's just fine  ;D

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #494 on: Mon, 31 August 2015, 12:01:58 »
This post made me in a sweat much about terrible mistake of my production. But I found shortly that I never have that size 0 ohm resistors in my workbench and you got raw PCBs without components from this GB. In fact I had a bad sweat in my armpit before I found this is not my fault ;D

Yep, microcontrollers are very tolerant of this kind of mess generally, you are OK in most cases.

Finally got around to soldering my boards. When I plugged it in to flash the firmware it wouldn't recognize over USB and oddly disconnected my mouse. Took out my multi meter to poke around and found there was a short. After resoldering all the caps and the usb connector a few times the short was still there. I realized my soldering skills aren't that bad so I had a closer look at the '0.1uf caps'. I say '0.1uf caps' because they weren't caps at all. Based on the almost flat and black package with 000 etched on the top it looks like Digikey fudged my order and gave me 0 ohm resistors instead. What are the odds it damaged the Atmega32u2? USB has power protection so it should be alright? I imagine the disconnecting of my mouse was USB cutting power to save itself.

Anyways, they gave me unnecessary overnight shipping on $0.19 of smd caps  :))

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #495 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 07:40:12 »
i hope another round of these can be done! i was silly not to order one when I had the chance :(
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #496 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 10:42:47 »
i hope another round of these can be done! i was silly not to order one when I had the chance :(

Join us

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74524

Offline cutterline

« Reply #497 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 03:26:12 »
I wonder if it is possible to revise the pcb by adding another switch hole for left side of bottom row, beside the spacebar.
Something similar to minila air's fn layout so I can utilize both thumbs.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #498 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 04:04:12 »
I won't do that.
But feel free to use my KiCad file to design your own PCB and run GB if you need.

BTW, how are you going to get key caps for that layout?

Offline cutterline

« Reply #499 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 19:42:43 »
I won't do that.
But feel free to use my KiCad file to design your own PCB and run GB if you need.

BTW, how are you going to get key caps for that layout?
Alright, thanks.

Well, most viable options would be 3D printing and only one keycap, the spacebar as this is the only thing without the keycaps, but I haven't really put everything onto paper yet so anything may change and of course if laziness wave don't hit me really hard.