Author Topic: [GB] TMK Alps64 - 60% PCB for Alps  (Read 616936 times)

Offline Ail

• RIP in Pape
Re: [GB] TMK Alps64 - 60% PCB for Alps
« Reply #800 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 13:44:29 »
Anyone have an extra or one they want to part with, hit me up!

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #801 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 14:29:13 »

I thought Hasu still has some from the latest run?
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Ail

• RIP in Pape
« Reply #802 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 20:06:15 »

It says as of the 17th he is sold out, unless I read it wrong.

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #803 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 20:36:52 »

It says as of the 17th he is sold out, unless I read it wrong.

I totally missed that, sorry :(

Offline Hybrid

« Reply #804 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 00:46:27 »
Finally got around to finishing mine today!

Couldn't be happier with the results!

Offline need

« Reply #805 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 01:46:00 »

Show Image

Nice dude
Apple italic keycaps are my favorites, yours look a bit filthy though.

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #806 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 02:29:56 »

Show Image

Nice dude

Should have my build finished this weekend, I have some dirty caps but I want to leave them that way for the style xD

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #807 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 03:59:49 »

Show Image

Nice dude

Should have my build finished this weekend, I have some dirty caps but I want to leave them that way for the style xD

Show Image

Oh dear...you do know AEK iso is not supported right?

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #808 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 04:15:13 »

Show Image

Nice dude

Show Image

Do you mean that the pcb doesn't support AEK ISO or ISO in general?

Op has ISO support but I'm assuming you know that and that it's to do with the AEK ISO layout. I can confirm that you're right, original AEK II ISO isn't a perfect fit. I'm using the backplate/modifiers of an m0118 for the main keys and the keys/backplate of an AEK II for the bottom row, right shift, enter and back space. Seems to work to create the layout Hasu specced:

« Last Edit: Thu, 22 December 2016, 14:40:52 by RealLaugh »

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #809 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 06:29:52 »

Show Image

Nice dude

Show Image

Op has ISO support but I'm assuming you know that and that it's to do with the AEK ISO layout. I can confirm that you're right, original AEK II ISO isn't a perfect fit. I'm using the backplate/modifiers of an m0116 for the main keys and the keys/backplate of an AEK II for the bottom row, right shift, enter and back space. Seems to work to create the layout Hasu specced:

Show Image

I see, it's impressive that you managed to find a 1.25u Left Shift, that arrangement 'should' work but you will end up with a bit of a weird gap around the enter key due to its small size. Assuming you were able to source every other keys in standard ANSI layout (pretty much all of the modifiers), you're probably got all your bases covered.

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #810 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 06:35:56 »

Show Image

Nice dude

Show Image

Op has ISO support but I'm assuming you know that and that it's to do with the AEK ISO layout. I can confirm that you're right, original AEK II ISO isn't a perfect fit. I'm using the backplate/modifiers of an m0118 for the main keys and the keys/backplate of an AEK II for the bottom row, right shift, enter and back space. Seems to work to create the layout Hasu specced:

Show Image

I see, it's impressive that you managed to find a 1.25u Left Shift, that arrangement 'should' work but you will end up with a bit of a weird gap around the enter key due to its small size. Assuming you were able to source every other keys in standard ANSI layout (pretty much all of the modifiers), you're probably got all your bases covered.

Yeah it was a mess and just pure luck that the seller from whom I got the AEK from also had the M0118 which I greedily wanted for the salmon switches but now turned out to be the life and death of this project. The left modifiers on the M0118 are smaller and I think that's partly why it works, and you're also right in saying that there is a gap between the enter key and the switch to the left of it. I originally purchased an ANSI M0487 from the states but that turned out to have Mitsumi switches instead of ALPS

« Last Edit: Thu, 22 December 2016, 14:41:56 by RealLaugh »

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #811 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 14:06:35 »
Thanks hasu! I finally completed my build, looks and works great! I chopped an AEK II for this one and used its caps and key switches.
(Attachment Link)

Thanks hasu! I finally completed my build, looks and works great! I chopped an AEK II for this one and used its caps and key switches.
(Attachment Link)

What case is that?

Looks to be this case from AliExpress. I have one and it looks nice with the blue PCB of the older revisions.

Copied XMIT with the case choice and position of the rainbow badge  :eek:. Bottom row, RShift, Enter and Backspace are all AEKII backplate. The other keys are positioned with the backplate from an M0116. Modifiers are ALPS White switches, the rest are ALPS Salmon, Enter is a Matias Quiet Click (because why not).

can someone link me to a guide on flashing tmk? I have no idea what to do, I can customise the layout fine but I don't know how to flash my own layout to accommodate for the locking caps switch  :eek:.

« Last Edit: Mon, 05 December 2016, 14:32:24 by RealLaugh »

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #812 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 14:38:57 »
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

What case is that?

Looks to be this case from AliExpress. I have one and it looks nice with the blue PCB of the older revisions.

Copied XMIT with the case choice and position of the rainbow badge  :eek:. Bottom row, RShift, Enter and Backspace are all AEKII backplate. The other keys are positioned with the backplate from an M0116. Modifiers are ALPS White switches, the rest are ALPS Salmon, Enter is a Matias Quiet Click (because why not).

can someone link me to a guide on flashing tmk? I have no idea what to do, I can customise the layout fine but I don't know how to flash my own layout to accommodate for the locking caps switch  :eek:.

I saw this in the TMK documentation, maybe you should try this? I don't currently have a locking switch in my Alps64 so I can't really test:

Mechanical Locking support

This feature makes it possible for you to use mechanical locking switch for CapsLock, NumLock or ScrollLock. To enable this feature define these macros in config.h and use KC_LCAP, KC_LNUM or KC_LSCR in keymap for locking key instead of normal KC_CAPS, KC_NLCK or KC_SLCK. Resync option tries to keep switch state consistent with keyboard LED state.

#define LOCKING_SUPPORT_ENABLE
#define LOCKING_RESYNC_ENABLE

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #813 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 14:53:02 »
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

What case is that?

I saw this in the TMK documentation, maybe you should try this? I don't currently have a locking switch in my Alps64 so I can't really test:

This feature makes it possible for you to use mechanical locking switch for CapsLock, NumLock or ScrollLock. To enable this feature define these macros in config.h and use KC_LCAP, KC_LNUM or KC_LSCR in keymap for locking key instead of normal KC_CAPS, KC_NLCK or KC_SLCK. Resync option tries to keep switch state consistent with keyboard LED state.

Thanks for digging that up. I need something much more primitive, so I'm going to go away and read as this is TMK firmware documentation it must be heavily documented instead of acting as if I'm the first one to try to flash some TMK firmware like it's never been done before  :))

I'm referring to the parts where you get the PCB into flashing mode so that you can push the modded firmware to it - just as I was able to do this weekend with the Atreus for the first time but that was well outlined even for people like me who are not so used to doing this stuff.

Also I just realized one of the switches doesn't register unless I press it from the front of the keycap. Looks like I will have to swap that one out for another  :mad:

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #814 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 15:28:32 »
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

What case is that?

Thanks for digging that up. I need something much more primitive, so I'm going to go away and read as this is TMK firmware documentation it must be heavily documented instead of acting as if I'm the first one to try to flash some TMK firmware like it's never been done before  :))

I'm referring to the parts where you get the PCB into flashing mode so that you can push the modded firmware to it - just as I was able to do this weekend with the Atreus for the first time but that was well outlined even for people like me who are not so used to doing this stuff.

Also I just realized one of the switches doesn't register unless I press it from the front of the keycap. Looks like I will have to swap that one out for another  :mad:

I don't know what OS you use, but I'm on Windows (Using Ubuntu Linux Subsystems for Windows), so I built the firmware using the make command in Bash and flashed the board using Atmel Flip. There should be a little button on the underside of the PCB which you can use to trigger the bootloader mode (I think, that's what I used)

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #815 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 15:47:46 »
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

What case is that?

I don't know what OS you use, but I'm on Windows (Using Ubuntu Linux Subsystems for Windows), so I built the firmware using the make command in Bash and flashed the board using Atmel Flip. There should be a little button on the underside of the PCB which you can use to trigger the bootloader mode (I think, that's what I used)

hey, thanks, you're totally right I just finished flashing a new version that accommodated the locking caps and also a key to momentarily switch to Layer 1 which is pretty cool.

I managed to build the firmware but I used Hasu's commands from the first post using dfu-programmer instead of Flip.

These links were very useful

https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard -- get the files for the firmware here
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/blob/master/tmk_core/doc/build.md -- use this to build the firmware (you will need to build the unimap, I don't know what the others are for)
http://www.tmk-kbd.com/tmk_keyboard/editor/unimap/?alps64 -- use this to upload and modify your hex file after the previous step
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=69740.0 -- Look for the part under the spoilers where Hasu explains the process of flashing

The only thing that I had to do that I couldn't follow to the letter was the erase command in dfu where I had to use sudo dfu-programmer atmega32u2 erase instead of sudo dfu-programmer atmega32u2 erase --force as that just didn't work. The rest I must admit was very easy and I have benefitted from probably hundred of hours of work and documentation to get this customized layout flashed in around 5 minutes for which I am very grateful.

Thank you duynguyenle, Hasu, and everyone else in this thread and TMK  :thumb:

Offline kekstee

« Reply #816 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 15:11:44 »
I consider getting an AEK II to cut down into a 60%, sad to hear this thing just sold out :D

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #817 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 16:21:01 »
I consider getting an AEK II to cut down into a 60%, sad to hear this thing just sold out :D
There's a dude in Germany who has one for sale right now https://www.ebay.de/itm/291961519521

He originally had it up at over 70€ and the relisted it at the above price.

Offline iwantatrophy

« Reply #818 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 09:46:37 »
Can you use any plate with these, for example the carbon fiber one from LeandreN? Also, the only parts required to build one are
1) Switches
2)PCB
3)Plate
4)Case
5)Keycaps

Is there something I am missing? I am kinda new at mech keys, so I am sorry for asking so many questions.

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #819 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 11:08:48 »
Can you use any plate with these, for example the carbon fiber one from LeandreN? Also, the only parts required to build one are
1) Switches
2)PCB
3)Plate
4)Case
5)Keycaps

Is there something I am missing? I am kinda new at mech keys, so I am sorry for asking so many questions.

Leandre plate will work with Alps switches, but you WILL NOT be able to use Alps stabs. Are you sure you are after and Alps board and not MX? As far as I'm aware, Leandre plates are most commonly used for MX builds.

Offline iwantatrophy

« Reply #820 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 11:38:16 »
1) Switches
2)PCB
3)Plate
4)Case
5)Keycaps

Leandre plate will work with Alps switches, but you WILL NOT be able to use Alps stabs. Are you sure you are after and Alps board and not MX? As far as I'm aware, Leandre plates are most commonly used for MX builds.

Yup, I am after Alps board. Are there any other plates which I can buy directly in market?

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #821 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 13:47:13 »
1) Switches
2)PCB
3)Plate
4)Case
5)Keycaps

Yup, I am after Alps board. Are there any other plates which I can buy directly in market?

No. If you want to be able to use Alps stabiliser, either cannibalise old Alps board and cut down their plates or generate a CAD drawing using Swills tool and have it custom made by a sheet metal fab.

Offline pabile

• pabile online
« Reply #822 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 23:13:21 »

You can use these designs for custom plates: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=82916.0

[update]

have you tried contacting hasu directly?
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 December 2016, 00:51:32 by pabile »

Offline RealLaugh

Re: [GB] 60% ALPS PCB
« Reply #823 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 08:21:22 »
Confirmed bottom row and right shift part of Infinity layout.
Show Image

Hi Hasu

How big is the Infinity space bar? The number is missing from the #1 post. Thanks!

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
« Reply #824 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 08:26:00 »
Hey,

(1.5 + 1.0 + 1.5) + space + (1.5 + 1 + 1 + 1.5) = 15.0
space = 15.0 - 4.0 - 5.0 = 6.0

EDIT: It seems to be called as "Hacker" layout, to be exact. Inifinity 60% supports two layouts and another is "Standard" which has 6.25 space bar.
https://input.club/devices/infinity-keyboard/
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 December 2016, 08:34:24 by hasu »

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
« Reply #825 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 14:26:43 »
I think I broke my PCB :( While attempting to desolder and replace the switch under ESC (top left corner), I lifted the trace of the right hole. Now ESC still works, but 2, 4, 6, 8, 0, [ do not work. Is there a way to save my PCB? Thanks a ton!

Update: I panicked when I thought I might have killed my beloved Alps64. After calming down, I realized a trace is effectively a wire, so I soldered a piece of wire between the hole with broken hole and another hole on the same trace. Now it works. So glad my Alps64 comes back to life. :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 December 2016, 15:52:45 by ctm »
TMK Alps64 w/ Matias Quiet Switches in KBP V60 case.
Infinity60 with SKCM Orange Switches w/ TMK.
CM Storm QRF w/ Frosty Flake controller, Cherry MX Blue Switches and TMK firmware.

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #826 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 17:31:11 »
I think I broke my PCB :( While attempting to desolder and replace the switch under ESC (top left corner), I lifted the trace of the right hole. Now ESC still works, but 2, 4, 6, 8, 0, [ do not work. Is there a way to save my PCB? Thanks a ton!

Update: I panicked when I thought I might have killed my beloved Alps64. After calming down, I realized a trace is effectively a wire, so I soldered a piece of wire between the hole with broken hole and another hole on the same trace. Now it works. So glad my Alps64 comes back to life. :)

Wow close call. I'm always worried that would happen to me! Glad you saved it.

Hey,

Show Image

(1.5 + 1.0 + 1.5) + space + (1.5 + 1 + 1 + 1.5) = 15.0
space = 15.0 - 4.0 - 5.0 = 6.0

EDIT: It seems to be called as "Hacker" layout, to be exact. Inifinity 60% supports two layouts and another is "Standard" which has 6.25 space bar.
https://input.club/devices/infinity-keyboard/

Thanks for the info, I just wanted to double check since I'm creating a custom backplate with Swill's builder and having some trouble with the 6u space bar but it's all good now  :thumb:.

Offline tinyprawn

« Reply #827 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 00:18:17 »
K20, far bottom left key, does not seem to register key presses.  I have gotten as far as soldering all of the Diodes. I did it incrementally and resolved problems as I went.  This is literally the last diode I soldered and shorting that key does not show anything on Aquas KeyTest. 

I had a similar issue with the Satan GH60 and to fix it, I just loaded a key map that I knew and that fixed it. I didn't want to change the programming until I posted here to see if anyone else had the same thing happen. 

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #828 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 04:27:03 »
Right botom K20 is assigned to L1(layer change) in default keymap, it doesn't register anything by itself.
You can see how default keymap is defined here. hmm, this may be confusing for testing purpose, probably I should change default keymap so that every key register something?
http://www.tmk-kbd.com/tmk_keyboard/editor/unimap/?alps64
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/blob/master/keyboard/alps64/unimap_plain.c

Offline tinyprawn

« Reply #829 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 12:35:16 »
Right botom K20 is assigned to L1(layer change) in default keymap, it doesn't register anything by itself.
You can see how default keymap is defined here. hmm, this may be confusing for testing purpose, probably I should change default keymap so that every key register something?
http://www.tmk-kbd.com/tmk_keyboard/editor/unimap/?alps64
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/blob/master/keyboard/alps64/unimap_plain.c

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.... ck...

I removed the diode before you replied. It was probably fine, but now the solder filled in the hole so now I need to use advanced soldering techniques to get the diode back in.

Poops!

Thanks for the reply though. At lease I'll be able to test it by shorting it and 1 at the same time to get F1... right?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #830 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 18:28:00 »
yes, L1 + 1 spits out F1.

If you don't have desolderng braid nor pump, puffing breath or banging PCB on desk during heating with iron may help, I don't recommend though. I hope you can work out it.

I'll update assembly instruction or default firmware, thanks for the feedback!

Offline tinyprawn

« Reply #831 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 23:14:05 »
yes, L1 + 1 spits out F1.

If you don't have desolderng braid nor pump, puffing breath or banging PCB on desk during heating with iron may help, I don't recommend though. I hope you can work out it.

I'll update assembly instruction or default firmware, thanks for the feedback!

I just ended up clipping the leg and doing it like a surface mount. I didn't want to melt the thing so much that it damaged the PCB.

It's perfect now and I'm happily clacking away with my Salmon Alps 60%!  You're the man, Hasu!

156516-0

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #832 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 21:55:05 »
Had this PCB for a while, but I just built it up today. Workes perfectly, just need to flash a HHKB layout onto it!

Offline tinyprawn

« Reply #833 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 10:21:02 »
This question is for anyone who built one of these with the super cheap 60% plastic case from aliexpress...

When I type, I hear a metallic pinging sound on every key. Stabilized or not. It doesn't do it in the switches, when I have the case off, I don't hear it.

I tried to record it on my phone but the ping sound apparently goes only upward toward my face and not sideways. I will have to try to tape my phone to my head and try again...

Just wanted to see if any of you had this trouble and were able to dampen/reduce/fix it short of buying a nicer case.

Offline cheddarbek

« Reply #834 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 21:25:50 »
I haven't experienced this with that exact case, however I did experience it with my Royal Glam wood case. I was able to largely eliminate the ping by cutting up some old mouse pads and putting them between the PCB and case. Mostly eliminated the ping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Alps cover 65% of Switzerland's surface area (41,285 kmē), making it one of the most alpine countries. Despite the fact that Switzerland covers only 14% of the Alps total area (192,753 kmē),[2][3] many alpine four-thousanders (48 of 82) are located in the Swiss Alps and practically all of the remaining few are within 20 km of the country's border.

Offline tinyprawn

« Reply #835 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 22:52:34 »
I was able to largely eliminate the ping by cutting up some old mouse pads and putting them between the PCB and case. Mostly eliminated the ping.

Oddly enough I was looking around for a nice nonconductice squishy material to do just that. It seems like it should help but I'm not sure why. I'll try old mousepads and see.

Offline NadavCE

« Reply #836 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 11:53:03 »
Hey Hasu, sorry to bother you. Will there be another run of this PCB?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
[8th run 2017/Jan] [GB] TMK Alps64 - 60% PCB for Alps
« Reply #837 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 19:48:58 »
Yes! 8th round just opened now.

See first post of this thread.

Thanks

Offline Hypersphere

Re: [8th Run 2017/Jan][GB] TMK Alps64 - 60% PCB for Alps
« Reply #838 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 16:05:33 »
@Hasu: Could you please post a link to instructions (preferably with pics and/or video) on how to orient and solder the diodes and switches? Thanks!

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #839 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 16:18:06 »
Hi,
you can find assembly instruction in first post. Thick line of diode marking on PCB indicates cathode side basically.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Offline dante

« Reply #840 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 16:37:02 »
I'm assuming this will work with KBP 60% plates yes?

Has anyone reached out to KBP to try and buy plates?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #841 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 16:47:34 »
I'm assuming this will work with KBP 60% plates yes?

Has anyone reached out to KBP to try and buy plates?

I don't have the keyboard but I think so. You can use its plate without problem but you need file its case a a bit to install. Check "Supported cases" in first post.

Note that with current revison it is still compatible with KBP plate but I have plan to remove KBP support in future revision.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #842 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 17:08:41 »
@Hasu: Why do you plan to remove support for KBP plates (and cases?)?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #843 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 17:33:29 »
@Hasu: Why do you plan to remove support for KBP plates (and cases?)?

It could make placing diode foot print proper and lessen chance of interference with fins/beams in some case.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #844 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 17:44:04 »
Hi Hasu,

Perhaps I'm dream-talking, here is an idea to make the Alps64 greater even to different degree among all the PCBs that support Alps switches:

Many users have many switches they want to try out, but may not want to own too many keyboards.
Member E3E mentioned the hotswappable Holtites size that fits the Alps pin in his build log acquisition section. By making the PCB pin hole sizes compatible with the correct receptacles, and providing also the Holtites receptacles for the switches in the kit, the Alps64 kit can become a hotswappable PCB kit for Alps switches.
(According to the build log of E3E and the specs provided by Holtites, the mounting pin hole for these receptacles should be around ~2.08mm in diameter.)

"Hotswappable Alps64 kit" is just an extra idea on top of this constantly refined PCB for Alps.
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 January 2017, 15:39:01 by menuhin »
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #845 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 20:30:17 »
Intresting idea. Thanks for the info.

Offline pabile

• pabile online
« Reply #846 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 21:46:29 »
Hi Hasu,

Perhaps I'm dream-talking, here is an idea to make the Alps64 greater even to different degree among all the PCBs that support Alps switches:

Many users have many switches they want to try out, but may not want to own too many keyboards.
E3E mentioned the hotswappable Holtites size that fits the Alps pin in his build log acquisition section. By making the PCB pin hole sizes compatible with the correct receptacles, and providing also the Holtites receptacles for the switches in the kit, the Alps64 kit can become a hotswappable PCB kit for Alps switches.

"Hotswappable Alps64 kit" is just an extra idea on top of this constantly refined PCB for Alps.
could you make this happen pretty please, hasu.

Offline Ail

• RIP in Pape
« Reply #847 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 22:16:02 »
Had this PCB for a while, but I just built it up today. Workes perfectly, just need to flash a HHKB layout onto it!

Show Image

That's awesome, what plate and case?

So excited to finally get my hands on one of these. I have too many ALPS switches and keysets going to waste.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 January 2017, 22:19:29 by Ail »

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #848 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 23:36:02 »

Show Image

That's awesome, what plate and case?

So excited to finally get my hands on one of these. I have too many ALPS switches and keysets going to waste.

BlueNalgene HHKB powdercoat plate (Als Party GB) and a TEX 'fat lip' case  :thumb:

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #849 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 09:54:45 »
Where did you get the blue caps?

Did you need to do anything fancy with the diodes to get the TEX fat lip case to work?