Author Topic: A forum for keyboard geeks? This is amazing!  (Read 1258 times)

Offline TheMark

A forum for keyboard geeks? This is amazing!
« on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 14:17:09 »
I had no idea such a forum existed. I needed to replace my Logitech G710+ and stumbled upon this site. I love it! I've been reading for the past 24hrs and cannot get enough. I'm hooked.

My other expensive hobbies include: PC/Laptop obsession that has been incurable since the early 90's, Headphone obsession that was diagnosed around 2003, RC helis and cars since the mid 80's, and a handful of others that peek out their ugly, money sucking heads faces from time to time.

Now, off to determine what to buy first.  :eek:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: A forum for keyboard geeks? This is amazing!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 14:28:32 »
Welcome!!  Sounds like you'll fit right in around here.  ;)

My only word of warning is to prepare your wallet.   :))

Enjoy your stay!

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 14:29:30 »
My other expensive hobbies include: PC/Laptop obsession that has been incurable since the early 90's, Headphone obsession that was diagnosed around 2003, RC helis and cars since the mid 80's, and a handful of others that peek out their ugly, money sucking heads faces from time to time.

That's a good thing to already have some expensive hobbies, because as everyone is saying that this place is also called wallethack is definitely true. So if you already know that you need to spend some money for nice things, it's better. About half a year later i have several different keyboards, some keycap sets, and a few artisan caps. And so many things in the mail, which will arrive sometimes in the near future. Always something is in the mail, that's what i especially love. A childs dream: every 3-4 weeks is Christmas!
... ...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 23:30:53 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I'm not sure we have a thread about RC helis and cars yet - something new to tempt us to spend even more money we don't have :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Hundrakia

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 23:32:33 »
I'm fairly well obsessed with the idea of building my own swarm of drones to do my menial bidding.

Offline Hundrakia

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 23:32:58 »
P.s., Welcome!!!

Offline TheMark

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 09:59:39 »
Haha thanks.