Author Topic: [IC]GMK Glow  (Read 9617 times)

Offline Hell-es

[IC]GMK Glow
« on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 14:04:19 »
Hi everyone,

after long time reading here and buying many kits - i wanted to give keyset design a try.

The first idea for this keyset came to my mind when I was searching my little daughters pacifier at night...crawling on the floor ... finally happy that it glows in the dark... yet still under her bed ...

Then I did some inquiries and came up with an idea. I really hope you like it.

Let me introduce GMK Glow - a Glow in the Dark doubleshot ABS keyset.

227861-1

To gather the interest in this Kit - please fill out this form
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeYouYbl0rmslgZUZmyrzeYoUMEOD0T1XbiiEhDV-OGn-y_6w/viewform?usp=sf_link

But now about the set: As this is in early stage and is my first keyset, kit design is quite preliminary and I’m open to all ideas and suggestions.
I'm aware that the alphas are not alligned the normal place in the upper left, will fix that in the next revision of the kit.

Kits:
Base Kit: The base kit is a mix of light Glow Alphas with Black Legends and Black Modifiers with Bright Glow Legends.

Standard layouts from 60% - 100% should be covered.

227863-2

Black Out Alphas: Black Set of alphas with bright Glow Legends to make a complete Black design with Glow legends - perfect with Grey or Black cases or people who just like a dark setting.

227865-3

Novelty Kit: Depending on IC feedback there will be Noveltys in the Base Kit or as a seperate kit. As I’m working in the Lab and deal with this every day, the Theme will be safety and warning signs  (you can look up ISO 7010 WIKI ). The extent of Noveltys depends on your feedback.

Glow Accent Kit: As the Black and White(Bright Glow) combination is very versatile with colors. I wanted to offer some colored modifiers with glow legends -> Colorful by day - Glow at night.

227868-5
227870-6

€dit: Question: Some people asked for Full-White Kit
Woul you prefer this over Black Mods - White Alphas ?
227897-7

Disclaimer: I had contact with Uniqey about the possibility of processing Glow in the Dark ABS plastic and got positive feedback.

But as of now - no Keycap with this material has been produced.

A novelty of Rensuya’s GMK Mizu Kit will be the first Glow in the Dark keycap made by Uniqey.

So I have no final color codes for the caps in daylight and “glowing” at night.
For the first Mock Ups I used GMK WS1 (daylight) and GMK AE (glow in darkness) as the caps should be whitish by day and greenish by night.

So pictures are likely to change a bit when Mizu is finished.

FAQ:
Can we split Numpad: No
Can we have XY Support / Kit: Please let me know in the Google Form or in the Thread. I will clarify with vendors if there is a chance to offer certain kits / coverage.

Renders:
More to come if there is interest

Vendors/Proxys:

EU: Candykeys
US: tba
Asia: tba
Oceania: tba

ETA: Hope this sparks any interest - so lets see

So i’m really looking forward to comments and feedback

Last but not least - Thanks to people helping a newbie in the field:

David from Candykeys - thanks for all your help, input and support
Rensuya - thanks for the initial feedback and information about the gitd keycaps
KLE and KLE-renderer - to give unexperience people a possibility to start designing
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 October 2019, 11:16:11 by Hell-es »

Offline Hell-es

Re: [IC]GMK Glow
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 14:05:00 »
*reserved*

Some possibilitys when mixing Glow alphas with Blackout alphas:

1)227872-0
2) more to come ;)

Things you can do with your Glow in the dark Spacebar:
1) Go to the local rave party
2) more to come ;)
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 October 2019, 14:10:51 by Hell-es »

Offline bisoromi

• Formerly Duwang
  • owo
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 14:07:29 »
I’m down
(credits to Kokaloo)

Offline norb

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 14:19:49 »
since the SA GitD is kinda dead (i hope it's not tho') this needs to be done :thumb:

Offline kconfire

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 14:30:03 »
Very cool, but it seemed like when I spoke with the GB runner of Dracula he had followed up with GMK about GID material for doubleshot ABS caps and was told that there were no immediate plans for GMK to use GID material for their caps.

Just out of curiosity do you know if GMK has completed their initial testing for manufacturing and feasibility into production?

This would be very cool and first for GMK if I'm not mistaken.

I feel like lots of existing GMK caps will also benefit from an introduction of GID material (e.g., Terminal, Pulse...etc)

Looking forward to actual GB!  :thumb:
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 14:47:14 »
Hope to be completely honest here - this is what Uniqey customer support told me when i was asking

——————————
in wenigen Wochen werden wir unsere erste Glow-in-the dark Taste produzieren. Bitte sehen Sie dazu https://candykeys.com/group-buys/gmk-mizu , die Taste mit dem Pfeil in dem Novelty Set.
Danach wissen wir mehr bzw. können mehr Aussagen dazu geben.

In a few weeks we will produce our first gitd keycap - please look at candykeys mizu - the key with the arrow in the novelty kit - after that we know more and can give more information

——————————

So there is no guarantee that this kit it actually possible to produce - i just want to gather early feedback on the kits and the feedback for GitD.

But as Uniqey is a german company and close to here - i‘m sure they can do it ;)

But thats why this is an „early IC“ and not an „advertisement ic“ to announce the gb date

Offline kconfire

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 14:51:32 »
Hope to be completely honest here - this is what Uniqey customer support told me when i was asking

——————————
in wenigen Wochen werden wir unsere erste Glow-in-the dark Taste produzieren. Bitte sehen Sie dazu https://candykeys.com/group-buys/gmk-mizu , die Taste mit dem Pfeil in dem Novelty Set.
Danach wissen wir mehr bzw. können mehr Aussagen dazu geben.

In a few weeks we will produce our first gitd keycap - please look at candykeys mizu - the key with the arrow in the novelty kit - after that we know more and can give more information

——————————

So there is no guarantee that this kit it actually possible to produce - i just want to gather early feedback on the kits and the feedback for GitD.

But as Uniqey is a german company and close to here - i‘m sure they can do it ;)

But thats why this is an „early IC“ and not an „advertisement ic“ to announce the gb date

Ah, I see.

Thanks for the information.

I hope this can indeed become a reality!

GID GMK caps would be so cool. :)
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 16:05:14 »
 :(

Offline leexy

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 22:50:27 »
full glow alphas and mods with legends would be much better imo

Offline neutralstate

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 10 October 2019, 11:10:17 »
so excited by that accent set

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 10 October 2019, 11:12:47 »
full glow alphas and mods with legends would be much better imo
you mean like that ?

227895-0

I also considered it in the beginning - but prefered B&W for my taste - and it makes full-black with black-out alphas possible.
If there is a majority prefering full-white please let me know. €dit: Will add this to the google forms and starting post

My dream combo would be extra white-out modifiers as a separate kit - but from a sales position i don't know if this is possible with GMK.

Thanks for all your feedback here and in the google form so far. This really helps a lot.

Offline dibkib

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 08:56:02 »
I would be very interested in this set if it comes in full white. Maybe you could offer both types of modifiers so people can choose which they prefer?

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 11:19:33 »
I would be very interested in this set if it comes in full white. Maybe you could offer both types of modifiers so people can choose which they prefer?
i would really like to offer a white out mod kit - but don‘t know if this is possible next to black out alphas - not to kill the base kit in a „hammerhead“ situation.

But as many people requested this, i will clarify with vendor/proxys in time

On keebtalk it was said that maybe black keys with glow legends won‘t work - so full white is maybe the only option anyway.

So thanks for the feedback - first i will wait for gmk about the learnings from gmk mizu

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 16:19:12 »
Wallet emptying time

Offline TheCaptainTim

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 23:51:16 »
Is this still alive?

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 12:13:57 »
Hi, good question.  :thumb:

Life has been quite busy lately and GMK / Uniqey wanted to tell me if glow is even possible.
So i didn‘t push for the answer.

With some upcoming sets that use Glow... this question should be answered.

So, yes. It is alive - have yet to decide if i stick to black & white or go with all white glow kit and get quotes from GMK if such a kit will be reasonable priced.

Offline TheCaptainTim

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 00:14:49 »
Glad to hear. Really like this set and am fairly hyped for it. Would love to see some truly wild novelties though.

Offline roguesystem087

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 00:55:20 »
nice... hope u can get some samples so we can see what it might look like!

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 12:25:23 »
nice... hope u can get some samples so we can see what it might look like!
yeah, thats a very important point - as some pointed out that the glow could be problematic with abs doubleshot.

Have to gather some feedback from mizu buyers