geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] GMK Perestroika (Перестройка) | GB THREAD LIVE

(1/22) > >>

koenoe:
GB THREAD: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=104415.0

I hereby present GMK Perestroika (Перестройка) to you.

The rich dark red colour is a standout feature of this set. Its Cyrillic alphas give the set a unique aesthetic and are a nod to its name, Perestroika, which points to connotations of reformation and openness. In the same way, I hope its users will be empowered to be more daring - to unleash new ways of thinking and working when using the set.

Kits

The blend of beautiful Cyrillic and English characters is unique and symbolises the two-way thinking that made room for a new way of life in Russia. Just maybe, the kit could inspire you to try a new way of working.
This kit is large and includes numpad support and ISO support, making it a great choice for a variety of layouts.

Not feeling the Cyrillics? Have no fear, you can convert the kit to be fully English (US/UK). Just like Gorbachev, the set strives to provide for the masses.
During the interest check, it was clear that it would be beneficial to create this, and so it’s ultimately the community’s kit.

For those among us who don’t fit the mould - this kit is for you. It covers the more unusual layouts, such as 40% and split.
After all, some of history’s greatest milestones were achieved by folks who did things a little differently.

For the people who want it even more modern than the base kit. The Modern Kit covers a 60% keyboard layout to achieve a smart uniform look without the use of English legends.
Forward-thinkers, we salute you.

Colours

Alphas and mods - RAL 3005 (Wine Red)
Legends - RAL 9001 (Cream)

The colours speak from themselves - a rich Wine Red and Cream.
If you want to get creative about it; try imagining a bowl of steaming Borscht soup, vibrant red, with a dollop of sour cream on top. Mmm.

A colour-match made in heaven and sure to look great on a variety of keyboards.

Renders
Concrete scene

Bauer by Dixie

AKB-OGR by Alchemist Keyboards

TGR 910 by Yutski

Prophet by Cable Car Designs

Renders
My office scene

Lynx L50 by wixxzblu

Prophet by Cable Car Designs

Noxary 280 by xondat

Bauer by Dixie

General information

Date
The set will be available for group buy from the 1st of February 2020 until the 29th of February 2020.

Vendors
EU - MyKeyboard
US - Project Keyboard
Asia - iLuMKB
Oceania - Daily Clack
Ukraine, Russia and Belarus - Funkeys

Pricing & MOQ

USEUAsiaOceaniaUA/RU/BY Base$129€125S$182AU$190грн.3,200.00 Usual$59€55S$84AU$88грн.1,450.00 Unusual$39€35S$56AU$58грн.1,000.00 Modern$39€35S$56AU$58грн.1,000.00

MOQ - 250 for Base, 100 for other kits

Please use this banner if you’d like to support the project:

--- Code: ---[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=102714.0][img]https://gmk-perestroika.com/img/signature.png[/img][/url]
--- End code ---

Thank you!

My partner - For infinite support
Quaddepo - Running this project with me
Stocks - For being a true friend in this community

Special thanks to - MacSurfy

Besides being a true artist when it comes to the amazing renders, this guy has a real ability to look into the minds of his clients - he literally brought the ideas in my head to life. Very creative and a pleasure to work with.

What’s next?

* Launch GB!

Changelog

26/01/2020 - New vendor added!
25/01/2020 - Launch of website and pricing available
03/01/2020 - Kits finalised
09/12/2019 - Start date announced
01/11/2019 - Kits updated
02/10/2019 - Interest Check live!

audiosl4ve:
Awesome colorway and you gotta love cyrilic alphas  :thumb:

would?: