Author Topic: Keyboard pixel art things.  (Read 1422232 times)

Offline sharktastica

• CompSci research student, IBMer, r/ModelM mod
    • Admiral Shark's Keyboards
Re: Keyboard pixel art things.
« Reply #2700 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 17:09:36 »
I've attempted to revise the M50 design a little bit, taking into account its side profile should match that of the SSK's. The tall 'fringe' is still not 100% accurate, but I believe it to be a decent compromise. I've included both white and blue ovals, with both having a clear/relengendable and legended grey cap variants.

Awesome! Uh, you also know that your signature is slightly broken, correct?

At some resolutions, I indeed see an issue with my signature but there's not much I can really do about it. It seems the forum only displays up to a finite amount of lines for signatures, hence most of my rather large signature gets cut off when viewing at low resolution, zoomed in, or using a high DPI scaling setting. My signature is made up of four images with four keyboards each, which cascade down into a single column when the viewport becomes too small due to the aforementioned reasons. At 1920x1080 with no zoom or scaling applied, the signature looks fine for me with all four images next to eachother. On my mobile, it's cut off though.
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 April 2020, 17:15:49 by sharktastica »

Offline BrooklynTony198

• A person was here.... Now its only keyboards.
« Reply #2701 on: Tue, 07 April 2020, 03:55:26 »
I've attempted to revise the M50 design a little bit, taking into account its side profile should match that of the SSK's. The tall 'fringe' is still not 100% accurate, but I believe it to be a decent compromise. I've included both white and blue ovals, with both having a clear/relengendable and legended grey cap variants.

Awesome! Uh, you also know that your signature is slightly broken, correct?

At some resolutions, I indeed see an issue with my signature but there's not much I can really do about it. It seems the forum only displays up to a finite amount of lines for signatures, hence most of my rather large signature gets cut off when viewing at low resolution, zoomed in, or using a high DPI scaling setting. My signature is made up of four images with four keyboards each, which cascade down into a single column when the viewport becomes too small due to the aforementioned reasons. At 1920x1080 with no zoom or scaling applied, the signature looks fine for me with all four images next to eachother. On my mobile, it's cut off though.

Ah, well this 1440x900 display is for some reason not showing it correctly. I swear, it used to show it correctly, but now its, as you said, messed up.

IBM Model M5-2        IBM Model F XT       Asteria60             AntaresTKL           Scorpii9

Offline sharktastica

« Reply #2702 on: Tue, 07 April 2020, 08:23:27 »
Ah, well this 1440x900 display is for some reason not showing it correctly. I swear, it used to show it correctly, but now its, as you said, messed up.

Actually, you are correct! Checking on my 1080p-based desktop this morning also shows it's also broken at that resolution. Weird, since I haven't altered the code since I first put it there - just swapped out some of the images when I updated them. 😂 Anyway, I'm sorry for doubting you and thanks to bringing it to my attention. I guess the 'fun' process of diagnosing begins since the code still looks correct... The last time I know for sure it worked was 31st March when I did the new Unicomp keyboard art. Since then, I've only checked Geekhack on mobile and tablet (which was always messed up due to what I mentioned in my last response) except for when I uploaded the M50s.

Offline lockett

« Reply #2703 on: Tue, 07 April 2020, 22:16:26 »
Can you do the CTRL keyboard with SA Laser

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #2704 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 19:08:15 »
It's been a minute since I've added some:

Here is the IBM Model F 4704 Line:

First off the IBM Model F 4704 107-Key:

The IBM Model F 4704 77-Key:

The IBM Model F 4704 62-Key (Kishsaver):

The IBM Model F 4704 50-Key:

Then the Reproductions:

The Reproduction Model F 4704 77-Key:

The Reproduction Model F 4704 62-Key (Kishsaver):
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 April 2020, 19:49:06 by jacethesaltsculptor »

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #2705 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 19:49:34 »
And one for you Maledicted:
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 April 2020, 19:51:05 by jacethesaltsculptor »

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #2706 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 12:52:33 »

Thank you again, that's freaking awesome. I know people are going to want these, especially with the new Fs finally shipping out slowly.

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #2707 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 16:26:57 »

Thank you again, that's freaking awesome. I know people are going to want these, especially with the new Fs finally shipping out slowly.

I'm glad you like it man.  ;D

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #2708 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 17:54:11 »
I made a couple of keyboard icons for my two boards and figured I'd post them in case they're of use to anyone.

KBDFans Tofu with GMK Oblivion + Hagoromo Alphas

YMDK Melody96 with GMK Oblivion

I also did a rough attempt at the 7V by gok, but I had a hard time getting the scaling right, because of that 14th key on the function row and how it must line up with the end of the backspace - given the 1px spacing, I couldn't fit it without making the mods wider. So it's as close as I can get it, but I'd love to see if somebody else could scale it better. All the same, here it is, a board I plan to buy and a keyset I've pre-ordered.

7V by gok with GMK Future Funk
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 April 2020, 18:02:46 by -Jerry- »
"Romeo"     "Split75"   "Melody96"     "KBD8X MKII"     "Womier K87"

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2709 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 20:43:52 »
I made a couple of keyboard icons for my two boards and figured I'd post them in case they're of use to anyone.

Show Image

KBDFans Tofu with GMK Oblivion + Hagoromo Alphas

Show Image

YMDK Melody96 with GMK Oblivion

I also did a rough attempt at the 7V by gok, but I had a hard time getting the scaling right, because of that 14th key on the function row and how it must line up with the end of the backspace - given the 1px spacing, I couldn't fit it without making the mods wider. So it's as close as I can get it, but I'd love to see if somebody else could scale it better. All the same, here it is, a board I plan to buy and a keyset I've pre-ordered.

Show Image

7V by gok with GMK Future Funk

Thanks king

Offline Thomas73951

« Reply #2710 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 06:00:23 »
I made an icon for my keyboard

Fnatic gear rush:

Its not perfect but it was fun to do. There are a few issues with the  spacing as I used 3 pixel wide keycaps and the text on the top right had to be simplified.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #2711 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 08:23:45 »
I made an icon for my keyboard

Fnatic gear rush:
Show Image

Its not perfect but it was fun to do. There are a few issues with the  spacing as I used 3 pixel wide keycaps and the text on the top right had to be simplified.

Nice. I was just thinking about possibly getting a Fnatic Streak just to finally try out some Cherry MX silent reds.

Offline Thomas73951

« Reply #2712 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 07:32:35 »
Nice. I was just thinking about possibly getting a Fnatic Streak just to finally try out some Cherry MX silent reds.

Oh ok nice, I should probably try some linears at some point. My Fnatic has cherry mx browns and it's the only mechanical switch I've tried. My next keyboard is going to be something quieter and I have mostly just been looking at quiet tactile switches. I might end up finding that I like quiet linears way more than tactile switches especially as mx browns don't really have much of a tactile bump anyway so if I like this switch with a small tactile bump it's not that much of a stretch to not have one at all.

I am concerned that the stabilisers will be rather loud and rattly like mine are so if you want to use it for its quiet switches you will have to mod them. That is assuming the streak also has rattly stabilisers like my rush. I haven't actually modded my stabilisers yet because I don't have any dielectric grease or any other lubricant for stabilisers yet.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #2713 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 08:22:10 »

Oh ok nice, I should probably try some linears at some point. My Fnatic has cherry mx browns and it's the only mechanical switch I've tried. My next keyboard is going to be something quieter and I have mostly just been looking at quiet tactile switches. I might end up finding that I like quiet linears way more than tactile switches especially as mx browns don't really have much of a tactile bump anyway so if I like this switch with a small tactile bump it's not that much of a stretch to not have one at all.

I am concerned that the stabilisers will be rather loud and rattly like mine are so if you want to use it for its quiet switches you will have to mod them. That is assuming the streak also has rattly stabilisers like my rush. I haven't actually modded my stabilisers yet because I don't have any dielectric grease or any other lubricant for stabilisers yet.

I meant mostly as a test bed, although trying to further silence it might be a fun experiment. I'm normally a clicky guy, so I don't usually care what stabilizers sound like. It might be nice to have some kind of stealth board though. I have Kailh's new box silent reds coming, but they had to ship all over again after already having waited a month, because the first batch was returned to the sender for some reason.

MX browns are often lovingly called scratchy reds. I tend to agree. The only tactility I can feel is a variation in grit level. Gaterons and box tactiles are much smoother, and you can actually feel a bump. Then there's the expensive boutique switches too.

Offline foxtrap614

• Always rem
« Reply #2714 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 09:43:38 »
These look really nice. I would like to make one for HeavyMetalKeyboardhttps://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=106072.0 the SS 65% with 2 blockers. Is there a tutorial online to help create one. I hate the ask the creator he has made so many.
"I don't think -- " "Then you shouldn't talk."
-Alice In Wonderland

Offline Thomas73951

« Reply #2715 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 11:47:01 »
These look really nice. I would like to make one for HeavyMetalKeyboardhttps://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=106072.0 the SS 65% with 2 blockers. Is there a tutorial online to help create one. I hate the ask the creator he has made so many.

I downloaded one of the original designs that the creator made. I opened it some editing software that works well with pixel art. Aseprite is what I used, but photoshop can with some setting changes (mainly when exporting) and other software will work too. There is probably some free online software that might work too.
I then just modified the original. So the one I used had each keycap was 3x3 pixels with a 1 pixel around the outside. I think other sizes may work but I think 3x3 looks best. 3 main colours are used: top two thirds of the keycap is the main keycap colour, lower third is a darker shade of that, and a darker colour is around the outside.
I tiled the keycap by just copying it and pasting it to fill out the layout. Larger keys are a bit fiddly with this as the keycaps are 3x3 which makes 1.25u keys difficult.

Offline foxtrap614

• Always rem
« Reply #2716 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 13:03:58 »
Thanks for the info. I us macOs so the software might be limited. I will try this and see how it goes.
"I don't think -- " "Then you shouldn't talk."
-Alice In Wonderland

Offline Thomas73951

« Reply #2717 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 13:09:11 »
I meant mostly as a test bed, although trying to further silence it might be a fun experiment. I'm normally a clicky guy, so I don't usually care what stabilizers sound like. It might be nice to have some kind of stealth board though. I have Kailh's new box silent reds coming, but they had to ship all over again after already having waited a month, because the first batch was returned to the sender for some reason.

MX browns are often lovingly called scratchy reds. I tend to agree. The only tactility I can feel is a variation in grit level. Gaterons and box tactiles are much smoother, and you can actually feel a bump. Then there's the expensive boutique switches too.

Yeah I can see where the description of scratchy reds comes from, the tactility is pretty subtle and I just end up bottoming out the switch because it's hard to pick up on the tactile bump. I was actually going to try some gateron tactiles at some point. In terms of quiet tactile switches there are the gateron silent browns which I haven't heard great reviews about and to just get the Aliaz silent switches instead but even they have a small tactile bump. Otherwise its zilents which I have heard great things about but they cost around £1 per switch which is a lot of money. Otherwise I could look into quiet linear switches instead.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #2718 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 14:02:17 »

Yeah I can see where the description of scratchy reds comes from, the tactility is pretty subtle and I just end up bottoming out the switch because it's hard to pick up on the tactile bump. I was actually going to try some gateron tactiles at some point. In terms of quiet tactile switches there are the gateron silent browns which I haven't heard great reviews about and to just get the Aliaz silent switches instead but even they have a small tactile bump. Otherwise its zilents which I have heard great things about but they cost around £1 per switch which is a lot of money. Otherwise I could look into quiet linear switches instead.

I haven't tried the Gateron's silent tactiles, but their regular ones are much better than MX browns if you ask me, same with Kailh box tactiles. I can see where some may actually like MX clears/Ergo clears though as well.

Offline Slaydo

• Dealing in the 3Ms > Movies - Music - Mechkeyboard
« Reply #2719 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 21:25:57 »
Possible for Lilly58 (Round orange encoder on left hand side) Orange on Grey keycaps and Iris with purple keycaps?
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2020, 03:52:04 by Slaydo »

Offline lbassett21

• Plastic and Metal Enthusiast
« Reply #2720 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 23:08:05 »
Hi there!

Would you mind doing a few for me?

I have a Tric80 which is Black and Gold with some Infinikey Hive on it (keycaps coming in sometime in the future), a Black KBD8x r2 (not mk2) with OG Doubleshot's, a Kayak that is wood with GMK WoB (also keycaps coming in sometime in the future) and finally an Alps64 with original AEK II caps. I'll add images for the boards in an imgur link below. Two of them do not have keycaps yet but will soon. I have added some photos of the two sets as well https://imgur.com/a/68uzTfX

I would really appreciate it! Thank you!

Discord: Bassett#0001 | Reddit: /u/lbassett_21 | Instagram: BassettKeebs
Current Collection:
More
Keyboards:
OTD 360 Corsa | Kira80 | FMJ 80 | Matrix 8xv2.0 | Matrix 8xv1.2og | IBM SSK 1395217 (Stock Trading)Hiney TKL One PCHiney TKL One FNF | G81-3077SAU | G81-3007SAU | G80-9039HAAUS | HHKB Pro 2 Type S | Realforce 84ubLunar 2Sord KB-101 | Percent Canoe | G80-3190HSU | Alps64Xerox 6085 Keyboard | IBM 5576-001 | IBM Model M 1390131 | IBM Industrial Model M 1394946 | IBM Model M SSK 1393691 (SABRE) | IBM Model M 1393464 | HHKB Pro Hybrid Type S | Dell AT101 | Leading Edge DC3014 | IBM Model F AT | IBM Model F122 | G80-0693 | G80-0528 | G81-3100SDU | G80-1838HPU | DAS 2 (G80-3485LWNUS-2 | Texas Instruments Keyboard (SKCM Brown) | G80-9002LBBXX

Keycaps:
ESA-3000-HASR0 | G81-3077SAU | G81-3100SAU | BMOL 5206 UP (Desko Color) | BMOL 4000 U (Desko) | GMK Solarized Penumbra | Desko Black (1/10) | GMK Beta JS | IBM APL2 w/Box 1395624

Offline yuppie

« Reply #2721 on: Mon, 22 June 2020, 15:37:00 »
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline sharktastica

« Reply #2722 on: Sat, 27 June 2020, 19:45:32 »
Got a pile of art to share!

Ambra AMB100x and AMB200x

IBM Model M4

IBM Model M4-1 (white)

Unicomp Model M4 (Mighty Mouse, sans mouse)

IBM Model M4-1 (black)

IBM Model M7 POS (new colour, with and without MSR)

IBM Model M8 LCD POS (new colour, with and without MSR)

IBM Model M9 POS Alphanumeric

IBM Model M11 POS Key Array
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 June 2020, 19:48:50 by sharktastica »

Offline funkmon

« Reply #2723 on: Sun, 12 July 2020, 01:31:36 »
Hey shark, I'll give you 50 cents to do one of my POS Model M.

Offline sharktastica

« Reply #2724 on: Sun, 12 July 2020, 10:30:32 »
Due to the lighting, half of the keyboard looks to have pearl keycaps and the other grey keycaps. Thus I have done one for both. It's quite imperfect since there's not enough resolution to do the curves around the MSR.

Pearl:

Grey:

Oh, that will be 50 cents plus a generous supply of Tetley teabags.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 July 2020, 10:35:26 by sharktastica »

Offline funkmon

« Reply #2725 on: Sun, 12 July 2020, 10:54:30 »
TIL I want one with pearl alphanumeric cluster. Welp. BRB going to rip apart another keyboard.

Offline funkmon

« Reply #2726 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 01:29:53 »
Hey guys. It occurs to me that we don't have any Matias keyboards, and I'm too lame to be able to figure out how to do it myself.

But I've added like a billion little pixel thingies to my signature so that counts.

And I don't think anyone actually uses these things, but we also lack an Acer 6310 and a lot of vintage Alps boards, not that it matters. :P. We only really get to choose our top 5, right? The Matias Tactile Pro, if someone does it, will be knocking the Focus off my signature.

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #2727 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 04:19:29 »
Hey guys. It occurs to me that we don't have any Matias keyboards, and I'm too lame to be able to figure out how to do it myself.

Your wish is my command, though you can't really get the curviness, there's just not enough pixels to do a curve.

"Romeo"     "Split75"   "Melody96"     "KBD8X MKII"     "Womier K87"

Offline paranoidandroid

• helo im broke. grey tofu 60%, pbt chalk, nk creams
« Reply #2728 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 04:16:57 »
i did the thing for my current keyboard, dark grey tofu with pbt chalks. i'll probably make one for gmk bento r2 too

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2729 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 11:55:46 »
Posting these so I can use them in my signature.

249312-0
249322-1
249323-2
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 August 2020, 12:27:33 by suicidal_orange »
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline funkmon

« Reply #2730 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 05:48:42 »

Your wish is my command, though you can't really get the curviness, there's just not enough pixels to do a curve.

Show Image

Show Image

Oh my god they're adorable! :D

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #2731 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 13:15:39 »
Possibility to Pixl8 my PokerII:

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline peachie

• keycap enthusiast, dreams of designing
« Reply #2732 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 07:26:43 »
wish these were still being made-- they're so awesome, but I don't see anything even similar to my Foxlab Teal Key65 on the masterlist :<

Foxlab Key65       TMO50          MOJO60

Offline hvontres

• Buckling Spring Enthusiast - Full Size Evangelist
« Reply #2733 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 22:47:55 »
I decided to try out the thumbnail from KLE as a simple way to generate an accurate icon:

Second attempt, resized the SVG in inkscape to 5dpi:

Third attempt, resized SVG in inkscape to 8dpi:

Looks like an intersting way to get a new custom board in.

« Last Edit: Thu, 17 September 2020, 23:05:27 by hvontres »
Henry von Tresckow

1986 Model M 1390131, 1987 Model M 1391401 , 1993 Model M2 Modded Reddragon k556(Test Mule) Boston Prototype x2 (Daily Drivers :) )

Offline sharktastica

« Reply #2734 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 12:51:52 »
Show Image

Your wish is my command. Enjoy! I tried to at least preserve the eyes of your artisan, but there's just not enough resolution to get better than that.

wish these were still being made-- they're so awesome, but I don't see anything even similar to my Foxlab Teal Key65 on the masterlist :<

Show Image

Your wish is my command. Enjoy! I did one with and without the top-right symbol, just in case my attempt at a low-resolution rendition is too terrible.

Hopefully, my attempts are not too bad - I am very much more used to doing IBM and co (aka, huge mostly beige or metal blocks) pixel art. Obviously, doing the keycap legends would just be a bunch of single-pixel blocks, so I left them out. The colours might be slightly off due to sampling with all that image compression, so if you're not completely happy with it, just chuck the image in MS Paint (or similar), resample your photo with the colour picker, and then fill.

Being British, you may pay me commission in tea bags ;D (jk, do what you want with them!)

In other news, more IBM stuff!

IBM Model F 3290-1 Information Panel Numeric (6018100)/Program Function (6018109) Keypad:

IBM Model M Screen Reader/2 Keypad (1393387):

IBM Model M 5576-C01 TrackPoint II Japanese Keyboard (66G8363):

Unicomp Model M5-2/M13 Hybrid On-The-Ball Plus (UNI0496):
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 September 2020, 13:00:38 by sharktastica »

Offline robbieheart

« Reply #2735 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 19:48:20 »
adding two versions of my XD75

Tofu XD75  PC KBD67 MKII

Offline sharktastica

« Reply #2736 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 13:15:53 »
Today, three General Electric Model M keyboards OEM'd by Unicomp!

Unicomp Customizer for General Electric Marquette 2003-2004 variant (UNZ2416, UNZ3416):

Unicomp Customizer for General Electric Marquette 2003-present variant (2003809-001, 2003809-003):

Unicomp Classic for General Electric Healthcare 2014-present (2054858-003):

Offline katotaka

« Reply #2737 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 14:35:35 »

Offline peachie

« Reply #2738 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 09:37:29 »
Show Image

Your wish is my command. Enjoy! I tried to at least preserve the eyes of your artisan, but there's just not enough resolution to get better than that.
(Attachment Link)

Show Image

Your wish is my command. Enjoy! I did one with and without the top-right symbol, just in case my attempt at a low-resolution rendition is too terrible.
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]

Hopefully, my attempts are not too bad - I am very much more used to doing IBM and co (aka, huge mostly beige or metal blocks) pixel art. Obviously, doing the keycap legends would just be a bunch of single-pixel blocks, so I left them out. The colours might be slightly off due to sampling with all that image compression, so if you're not completely happy with it, just chuck the image in MS Paint (or similar), resample your photo with the colour picker, and then fill.

Being British, you may pay me commission in tea bags ;D (jk, do what you want with them!)

More
In other news, more IBM stuff!

IBM Model F 3290-1 Information Panel Numeric (6018100)/Program Function (6018109) Keypad:
IBM Model M Screen Reader/2 Keypad (1393387):
IBM Model M 5576-C01 TrackPoint II Japanese Keyboard (66G8363):
Unicomp Model M5-2/M13 Hybrid On-The-Ball Plus (UNI0496):
oh my god these look awesome, thank you!! and I can definitely change the keycap colors easily to reflect when/if I've changed the caps on the board, so cool!!

on that note, would it be possible for anyone to do a couple of keyboards with very basic/"blank" keys so I can fill in the keycaps myself when I'm done with the builds and/ or receive all of the products in the mail? These are also boards that haven't been pixelated yet!!

Discipline65

TMO50

[somebody else's TMO50 w keycaps on, for reference]

RAMA U80-A SEQ2

this thread is awesome!!

Offline sharktastica

« Reply #2739 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 11:27:05 »
oh my god these look awesome, thank you!! and I can definitely change the keycap colors easily to reflect when/if I've changed the caps on the board, so cool!!

on that note, would it be possible for anyone to do a couple of keyboards with very basic/"blank" keys so I can fill in the keycaps myself when I'm done with the builds and/ or receive all of the products in the mail?
No problem! :D

I can give it a go. What base keyboards/colours do you want?

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #2740 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 08:31:40 »
Awesome, thanks for this  :thumb:

Offline sharktastica

« Reply #2741 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 10:01:08 »

Offline peachie

« Reply #2742 on: Fri, 25 September 2020, 05:06:28 »

on that note, would it be possible for anyone to do a couple of keyboards with very basic/"blank" keys so I can fill in the keycaps myself when I'm done with the builds and/ or receive all of the products in the mail?
No problem! :D

I can give it a go. What base keyboards/colours do you want?

You are too cool, thanks!!

this is my TMO50 (finished building it after my last comment, but the keycaps are temporary-- note the 3 different profiles LMAO-- but whatever you color, I can always recolor to match the final build keycaps~

''
this is my black Discipline65 at the moment as well:

as for the yellow RAMA U-80A, that's a group buy I haven't received yet, but I'm so extremely hyped to finally be buying/owning a RAMA keeb (in such a sick yellow colorway) that if you feel up to rendering it, you can just do the keycaps in the same color as the stock photo I pictured earlier, and again, I can change them when/if needed :>

thank you SO much dude, you guys are so awesome!!

edit: for clarity, the color of the rose gold TMO50 case looks more accurate in this outdated pic, so just ignore the keycap layout lol

edit edit: it's been long since I've done any art with pixels (and I did characters/people, not objects lol) but I edited your amazing version of my key65 to reflect the GMK 8008 keycaps I'm changing onto it this week. not too bad?? (see my signature-- it's uploading kinda funky into this post for some reason but looks fine there lol)
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 September 2020, 06:28:02 by peachie »

Offline sharktastica

« Reply #2743 on: Sat, 26 September 2020, 07:31:54 »

Your wish is my command.  The TMO 50 turned out nice, however, the Discipline 65 was very tricky to do. The diodes especially are imperfect, but at this resolution, it's hard to do any better.

Enjoy!

Offline peachie

« Reply #2744 on: Sat, 26 September 2020, 17:12:24 »

Your wish is my command.  The TMO 50 turned out nice, however, the Discipline 65 was very tricky to do. The diodes especially are imperfect, but at this resolution, it's hard to do any better.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Enjoy!

oh my god, I LOVE them!! I figured the Discipline would be difficult, but I think you did  an awesome job, no fret!
I have a Candybar Premium R2 coming in the mail soon, when I snap a pic of that completed build I'm totally coming back for more~

do you have like, a ko.fi or a venmo or something? I almost feel bad requesting so many cool pixel arts from you, I wish I could give you a small tip simply for how much I genuinely adore and enjoy these works!!

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #2745 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 10:11:37 »
Sharktastica is the GOAT for these  :thumb:

Offline sharktastica

« Reply #2746 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 10:48:00 »
oh my god, I LOVE them!! I figured the Discipline would be difficult, but I think you did  an awesome job, no fret!
I have a Candybar Premium R2 coming in the mail soon, when I snap a pic of that completed build I'm totally coming back for more~

do you have like, a ko.fi or a venmo or something? I almost feel bad requesting so many cool pixel arts from you, I wish I could give you a small tip simply for how much I genuinely adore and enjoy these works!!

I don't, nor do I want a commission. I do this for fun and as a welcomed distraction from work, and monetising it would probably ruin it for me. Just keep posting them and I (or someone else) will pick them up if and when I have spare time! ;D

Sharktastica is the GOAT for these  :thumb:

Thanks for the kind words, mate!

Offline sharktastica

« Reply #2747 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 10:49:23 »
Got a bunch of more IBM keeb art destined for my website to share. This time, some beamsprings of 1970s and early-'80s fame.

87-key IBM 3101 ASCII Display Station Keyboard

75-key IBM 3276 Display Station Data Entry keyboard

66-key IBM 3277 Display Station Data Typewriter Keyboard (also represents Micro Switch variant)

78-key IBM 3277 Display Station Data Typewriter Keyboard

87-key IBM 3278 Display Terminal Keyboard

75-key IBM 3279 Color Display Terminal Keyboard

122-key IBM 4978 Display Station "Beamship" Keyboard

66-key IBM 5251 Display Station Data Entry Keyboard

83-key IBM 5251 Display Station/5252 Dual Display Station Standard Keyboard

254-key IBM 5556-005 Multistation Kanji Keyboard

Offline hvontres

• Buckling Spring Enthusiast - Full Size Evangelist
« Reply #2748 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 13:59:53 »
Quote from: sharktastica link=topic=19113.msg2962168#msg2962168 date=1601308163

254-key IBM 5556-005 Multistation Kanji Keyboard
[attachimg=10

Holy Macropad Batman...... do you actually have one of these?????? I think we'd need to get it over to Chyros for a review....
Henry von Tresckow

1986 Model M 1390131, 1987 Model M 1391401 , 1993 Model M2 Modded Reddragon k556(Test Mule) Boston Prototype x2 (Daily Drivers :) )

Offline sharktastica

« Reply #2749 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 15:34:53 »
Holy Macropad Batman...... do you actually have one of these?????? I think we'd need to get it over to Chyros for a review....

I wish!

Nah, I'm making these as part of a IBM and co keyboard identification feature coming to my website.