Author Topic: [IC]Revo HHKB layout kit  (Read 125504 times)

Offline Unforgivable

Re: [IC]Revo HHKB layout kit
« Reply #550 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 13:30:08 »
The price is high, but I'm in for at least one. Maybe two depending on the mystery color! (Gold?!)

Any chance you could gift us the screw in stabilizers due to the price? ;)

Random question, will we be able to use any plate for this? Or only HHKB ones with the cutout on the bottom left and right side? Just wondering.

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #551 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 13:31:17 »
Random question, will we be able to use any plate for this? Or only HHKB ones with the cutout on the bottom left and right side? Just wondering.

B.Fake/GH60 plates are usable, so I think pretty much any plates are usable.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #552 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 13:35:56 »

I'm not sure if that's the case. If you look at the website you linked earlier, the plate was cut HHKB style. That 1.5mm from a normal plate might not allow it to close properly, or scratch the annodization inside.

That's if the blockers are super thick, if not then we don't have anything to worry about, I was just curious.

Edit: I'm okay with any plate. I'm too excited. I just want it already! 

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #553 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 13:39:07 »

I'm not sure if that's the case. If you look at the website you linked earlier, the plate was cut HHKB style. That 1.5mm from a normal plate might not allow it to close properly, or scratch the annodization inside.

That's if the blockers are super thick, if not then we don't have anything to worry about, I was just curious.

Raymond mentioned that it works with the plates here. I think the version I posted is from his private GB, and the design is slightly different.

just want to do a little research. This selling at 350 kit+ 50(shipping)+ 20 pp fee. one set could cost $420. How many people willing to buy? One of my dear friend tell me i could sell many sets,still i need to plan for factory. Don't want to be delay again. I am currently planning 50 sets (MOQ is 50 for this)doing in 2 months.
one more thing, i will throw in one set screw-in stabs if this hit 100 kit. I can give more gift if this sells good.
:D :D :D
How long would this take to completion? Around August or? Also, it works with most 60% PCB's right
If not too many order it can be finished in July. It works with GH60 and Bface. Others i haven't test.

Offline Weiss

• Impulse buying at its finest
« Reply #554 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 14:28:29 »
Been watching the thread, and am really excited even with the price. You'll most likely see my name come across an order!

That Rose Gold is calling to me   :D

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #555 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 00:21:03 »
It is anodized in the same factory as Macbooks, but is the process and quality control the same as well? I'm assuming Apple uses a custom process. Knowing it was made in the same factory as Apple doesn't justify the price to me unless it is guaranteed to use the same process and quality. Any info there would be helpful.
When i talked to them, i actually ask for better quality for this. Keyboard should be treat like an art piece instead of mechanical part. Even i said this,something wrong could happen when it goes to anode. Hang point,color difference,anode evenness,etc. What i can promise is i'll do my best and i will personally supervise the whole process of the anode. This means this HHKB kit will be the best kit we ever produce.I won't send out anything that has a ding or scratch on the surface or heavy color defference or uneven anode. If you buy this and receive it have this kind of problem.i'll change it for you free of charge.

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #556 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 00:23:15 »
Been watching the thread, and am really excited even with the price. You'll most likely see my name come across an order!

haha Thanks,man

I am doing a pink,not rose gold. I can't use apple's color so i am using pink. If you like the rose gold wrist,that's very unfortunate for me.I am not running that now.

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #557 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 00:25:04 »
It is anodized in the same factory as Macbooks, but is the process and quality control the same as well? I'm assuming Apple uses a custom process. Knowing it was made in the same factory as Apple doesn't justify the price to me unless it is guaranteed to use the same process and quality. Any info there would be helpful.
When i talked to them, i actually ask for better quality for this. Keyboard should be treat like an art piece instead of mechanical part. Even i said this,something wrong could happen when it goes to anode. Hang point,color difference,anode evenness,etc. What i can promise is i'll do my best and i will personally supervise the whole process of the anode. This means this HHKB kit will be the best kit we ever produce.I won't send out anything that has a ding or scratch on the surface or heavy color defference or uneven anode. If you buy this and receive it have this kind of problem.i'll change it for you free of charge.

Sounds great mate. Colours please ... more colours ... can we see some samples? This will be an epic GB, I'm exited.

Offline profanum429

« Reply #558 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 00:26:21 »
Oh man, my PayPal account is so ready for this. I'm excited.

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #559 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 00:26:55 »
Im super excited for the pink :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #560 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 00:29:38 »

Normal plate would work,no problem. I have already give 2 plates. I don't think you guys need another plate.

If you guys really want ss plate.I'll think about it. Maybe a small GB inside this GB. Maybe later when i close to shipping this,ill make you guys some ss plate.

Offline Weiss

• Impulse buying at its finest
« Reply #561 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 00:32:26 »

haha Thanks,man

I am doing a pink,not rose gold. I can't use apple's color so i am using pink. If you like the rose gold wrist,that's very unfortunate for me.I am not running that now.

Oh yes, sorry I mean pink. Just thinking about Apple anodization makes me automatically think rose gold. Pink is amazing too. :)

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #562 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 00:40:37 »

Oh yes, sorry I mean pink. Just thinking about Apple anodization makes me automatically think rose gold. Pink is amazing too. :)

All right,i plan to start a GB thread tomorrow. I'll post it here too. Thanks for your support!

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #563 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 00:44:57 »

All right,i plan to start a GB thread tomorrow. I'll post it here too. Thanks for your support!
Oh em gee

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #564 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 00:48:54 »

Oh, man! I am not financially ready yet! Time to sell some stuff!

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #565 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 01:01:39 »

Oh, man! I am not financially ready yet! Time to sell some stuff!

We can always work something out! See you in GB thread!

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #566 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 01:04:39 »

Can't wait to check it out and pop in my order!

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #567 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 01:19:56 »
FYI, i am gone call it Revo RJ. This project is like a baby to me,so i want to call it Raymond Junior,short version RJ. Plus i will supervise the whole process of this kit. Just hope to make something great.

Offline trexous

• ~.~
« Reply #568 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 01:21:15 »
FYI, i am gone call it Revo RJ. This project is like a baby to me,so i want to call it Raymond Junior,short version RJ. Plus i will supervise the whole process of this kit. Just hope to make something great.
Wheres this wrist rest i keep seeing people mention

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #569 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 01:21:32 »

Sounds good - hopefully the final quality is better then the Korean customs!

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #570 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 01:23:32 »

I think he said in an earlier post that it would be a separate GB

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #571 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 01:24:06 »
Also, would there be a hole on the bottom? Just saw that in some of the photos online and am wondering what's that for.

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #572 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 01:26:17 »

Wrist is not made by me. Wether ill bring it later or not,i have no idea.

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #573 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 01:27:28 »

I like this a lot!! Good name, Raymond.  :thumb:

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #574 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 01:28:12 »
Also, would there be a hole on the bottom? Just saw that in some of the photos online and am wondering what's that for.
For some process for anode. It's inside so it wont bother you.

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #575 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 01:31:09 »

I like this a lot!! Good name, Raymond.  :thumb:
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:Thanks my friend. I just know you would love it. Anyhow,it's just a name.But surely i have put everything into this project.

Offline trexous

• ~.~
« Reply #576 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 01:48:00 »

Wrist is not made by me. Wether ill bring it later or not,i have no idea.
Any pictures? :D

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #577 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 01:49:27 »

Any pictures? :D

You can find it in this thread. front pages it's with a pink case.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #578 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 06:44:06 »
Will we only get free screw in stabilizers if over 100 are bought? :(

If so, get on it everyone!  :p

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #579 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 09:39:03 »
When can I make love to this board?

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #580 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 09:41:41 »
Will we only get free screw in stabilizers if over 100 are bought? :(

If so, get on it everyone!  :p

Yep, that's the idea. Hope you like it.

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #581 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 09:43:09 »
Really quick. I plan to start GB tomorrow. Friday in China time.

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
[IC]Revo HHKB layout kit
« Reply #582 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 12:02:37 »
Really quick. I plan to start GB tomorrow. Friday in China time.
REALLY looking forward to this!

Edit: I might have missed it but have you already decided on which pcb you're going to offer? If so, do you by any chance know whether that pcb supports switch and LED holtites? That would make it even more perfect.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 April 2017, 12:05:38 by theillumedpanda »

Offline LDobler

« Reply #583 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 12:04:45 »
So 350$ + shipping and fees? Count me in!  :p

Offline need

« Reply #584 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 13:35:32 »
8° incline seems aggresively steep for Cherry profile keysets, could you please consider 5° instead?

5° is way more comfortable for the natural typing position (without wrist rest).

« Last Edit: Thu, 06 April 2017, 14:12:32 by need »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #585 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 14:23:50 »
Aggressively?  It's about average for custom keyboards.  Lightsaver V1 has an 11 degree incline, and even that's actually fine in practice due to low case front.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline need

« Reply #586 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 14:32:03 »
Aggressively?  It's about average for custom keyboards.  Lightsaver V1 has an 11 degree incline, and even that's actually fine in practice due to low case front.

The Lightsaver inclination seems pretty ridiculous to be honest. Out of interest, how does the low case front makes it more tolerable?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #587 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 14:37:10 »
The wrist area is easier to rest on the desk surface.  It may sound ridiculous, but it was very comfortable to type on my Lightsaver.  I used to be a big fan of low profile Filco keyboards with legs down exclusively, but it's not the only way to type comfortably.

P.S.: you may not want to use SA or OEM profile keycaps on larger incline keyboards or taller cases.  I stick with Cherry for the lower profile.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #588 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 14:53:57 »
8° incline seems aggresively steep for Cherry profile keysets, could you please consider 5° instead?

5° is way more comfortable for the natural typing position (without wrist rest).

The Duck vipers have 11 degrees too, and it was fine typing on them. I think 8 is about the default hhkb inclination if I'm not mistaken.

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #589 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 15:18:52 »

The Duck vipers have 11 degrees too, and it was fine typing on them. I think 8 is about the default hhkb inclination if I'm not mistaken.

yea hhkb is around 7/8 degrees.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #590 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 17:31:46 »

5° may be aggressively too flat for some people, i find super flat keyboards incredibly fatiguing on the wrists and i know many people i have spoken to feel the same, 8° seems to be a fairly happy middle ground for a lot of people
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #591 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 17:38:54 »
How long will GB run?

Offline Jedi

« Reply #592 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 18:01:24 »
It's Friday! :p

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #593 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 18:50:08 »

5° may be aggressively too flat for some people, i find super flat keyboards incredibly fatiguing on the wrists and i know many people i have spoken to feel the same, 8° seems to be a fairly happy middle ground for a lot of people

Agreed. 8 is the way to go.

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #594 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 22:16:48 »
How long will GB run?
two weeks.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #595 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 22:18:51 »
guys 8degee is final. Won't change it at this point. And it's has a great typing feel.at least i love it. I'll start GB thread when i get home today.it's happeningggg!

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #596 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 22:19:27 »
Will invoices need to be payed immediately or just by end of gb?

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #597 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 22:27:05 »
Will invoices need to be payed immediately or just by end of gb?

By  the  end of GB. If one can't pay it before GB  finish ,one can pay a deposit of 50(Nonrefundable ) to pay it in a months. Meaning pay a deposit have one month to pay it. I'll cover this using my own money anyway. Pp give me money slowly. Btw i ll ship this using payment order. So the sooner  you pay the sooner i ship it to you.

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #598 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 22:27:26 »
guys 8degee is final. Won't change it at this point. And it's has a great typing feel.at least i love it. I'll start GB thread when i get home today.it's happeningggg!

Sounds great! Get home soon!!

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #599 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 22:39:49 »
Also, is there example photos in black? Is the acrylic diffuser mentioned in the start of the thread still present in the final design? ;D