Author Topic: [GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S  (Read 274885 times)

Offline OracleKev

Re: [GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S - cancelled, refunds in progress.
« Reply #550 on: Tue, 09 October 2018, 21:36:47 »
I'm actually chuckling a bit - back weight/ black weight.

Alex's email also hinted at a back weight - so that'll be interesting.
As to the weight colors - zF never really said anything. The prototypes they had on thesis' insta as well as the GB page shows sliver as well as brushed brass. So people - including myself - were wondering if thats gonna be an option.

I wish zF/thesisCamper would comment and clarify things a bit !

From this page: https://en.zfrontier.com/collections/keyboards/products/kira-tkl-by-thesiscamper

" * the samples below have brushed aluminum and brass weight. Final products will have electro-plated brass."

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #551 on: Tue, 09 October 2018, 22:25:04 »

As to the weight colors - zF never really said anything. The prototypes they had on thesis' insta as well as the GB page shows sliver as well as brushed brass. So people - including myself - were wondering if thats gonna be an option.

Alex will be addressing your queries soon, also there's no black weight it's a "back" weight on the rear.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 October 2018, 22:49:13 by thesiscamper »

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #552 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 00:45:06 »

Alex will be addressing your queries soon, also there's no black weight it's a "back" weight on the rear.
Thanks for chiming in @thesiscamper  !!

Yes - I understand there is no "black" weight - that's why I was cracking up a bit.
I really wish there were a back weight -priced extra - would lend to some interesting color combinations.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #553 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 00:47:55 »

From this page: https://en.zfrontier.com/collections/keyboards/products/kira-tkl-by-thesiscamper

" * the samples below have brushed aluminum and brass weight. Final products will have electro-plated brass."

Yes I saw that too - but I sort of assumed that electroplated brass meant just brass colored brass. I did not see any suggestion of colored weights.
That being said I'd jump on one, and I hope that it turns out to be the case ...

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #554 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 01:23:52 »

Thanks for chiming in @thesiscamper  !!

Yes - I understand there is no "black" weight - that's why I was cracking up a bit.
I really wish there were a back weight -priced extra - would lend to some interesting color combinations.

I believe zF intends to include the rear weights to those in the priority list, but let's wait for confirmation.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #555 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 08:38:09 »

hilarious that there was that misunderstanding but I'd much rather prefer the back weight. :))

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #556 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 10:53:51 »
So, any word on the Kira S? I need a beautiful, programmable Aluminium numpad in my life!

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #557 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 12:27:09 »
In an email with Alex, it was confirmed to me that there will be back (rear) weights for the priority units.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #558 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 12:28:19 »
In an email with Alex, it was confirmed to me that there will be back (rear) weights for the priority units.

This is awesome news !!

Offline ullr

« Reply #559 on: Sun, 14 October 2018, 19:28:39 »
I wasn't following this group buy until I randomly saw the thread and bought in on the first of this month so I assume I'm not "priority", so can I pick up a weight later? I may not want to depending on the price but I am somewhat interested.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #560 on: Sun, 14 October 2018, 21:11:36 »
I wasn't following this group buy until I randomly saw the thread and bought in on the first of this month so I assume I'm not "priority", so can I pick up a weight later? I may not want to depending on the price but I am somewhat interested.
most likely not, i want to say if the non priority units dont include a weight and there was no option to buy one than no. the priority units are different because we are the original backers that paid and were ready to buy the keyboard originally before it failed and eve picked it up. 

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #561 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 02:10:58 »
So non pirority people get alu weight?

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #562 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 03:00:35 »
Glad the kira s got delayed, I might able to afford one now :cool:

Offline mathleejj

« Reply #563 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 04:46:35 »

I think that the "back" weight is only given to priority buys and Chinese national buys

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #564 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 11:45:10 »

I think that the "back" weight is only given to priority buys and Chinese national buys

So if I understand this right this is a weight additional to that "inside" the cutout kira logo on the back side?
Because this should be included in all buys as it said that on the zFrontier page.
KIRA TKL PARTS
  • Electro-plated Brass weight

Offline mathleejj

« Reply #565 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 11:48:16 »

So if I understand this right this is a weight additional to that "inside" the cutout kira logo on the back side?
Because this should be included in all buys as it said that on the zFrontier page.
KIRA TKL PARTS
  • Electro-plated Brass weight

Yep. The internal weight (w/ KIRA logo) is basically included in all buys (international, priority, chinese). The back weight (additional part) seems to be only for priority and chinese buy.

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #566 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 11:51:59 »
Yep. The internal weight (w/ KIRA logo) is basically included in all buys (international, priority, chinese). The back weight (additional part) seems to be only for priority and chinese buy.

Ah ok. Then I don't really care :D
I only really need the included one.
But just out of curiosity:
Are there any pictures of the additional weight?
I don't think that I have seen one on here.

Offline mathleejj

« Reply #567 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 11:56:15 »

Ah ok. Then I don't really care :D
I only really need the included one.
But just out of curiosity:
Are there any pictures of the additional weight?
I don't think that I have seen one on here.

https://img.zfrontier.com/cover/20180925/FmTFDiPScDeF4msw0nAroI5N7gEJ?imageView2/1/w/800/h/550/q/85!

I've only seen this one.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #568 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 16:50:54 »

kinda wish it would have come at the same time as the board but now instead of one ill get two, one to match each board. I just like when everything all arrives at once especially  when i know there gonna nail me international shipping again lol.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #569 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 01:20:04 »

kinda wish it would have come at the same time as the board but now instead of one ill get two, one to match each board. I just like when everything all arrives at once especially  when i know there gonna nail me international shipping again lol.

I’m equally hoping for 1 package as well if I pick up a kira s. International shipping is no fun haha

Offline kokugatsu

« Reply #570 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 11:22:41 »
Just saw the update on zF.

KIRA S is coming "very soon".

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #571 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 19:56:05 »
Idk if any one has seen but apparently there was a pearl blue (at least it looks like) kira80 proto at the nor cal meetup https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/9vykbj/norcal_rmk_meetup_2018/?st=JOC86GQK&sh=2f6aed6a

;D

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #572 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 03:08:29 »
Idk if any one has seen but apparently there was a pearl blue (at least it looks like) kira80 proto at the nor cal meetup https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/9vykbj/norcal_rmk_meetup_2018/?st=JOC86GQK&sh=2f6aed6a

;D

Oh ****!  That's actually nice!  I'm maybe starting to feel okay that I never heard back from zfrontier about possibly changing colors, hahaha.  I'll be happy with that.  I notice that one has a silver weight insert - do we have any info on weight finishings yet?

Thanks for the pic, dude!

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #573 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 06:26:38 »
does anyone know when we will be getting them? i cant wait already lol

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #574 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 07:38:47 »

;D

Oh ****!  That's actually nice!  I'm maybe starting to feel okay that I never heard back from zfrontier about possibly changing colors, hahaha.  I'll be happy with that.  I notice that one has a silver weight insert - do we have any info on weight finishings yet?

Thanks for the pic, dude!

I was hoping you would be satisfied! The board looks amazing and you should be excited :cool:

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #575 on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 10:20:25 »
definitely am now!  Anyone know if there has been an update insofar as scheduling?

Hope everyone in the states had a nice Thanksgiving!

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #576 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 00:31:04 »
i dunno why but ever since i have participated in this group buy, they have never updated any information regarding it.. like even if I send them emails, they would answer like 1 out of 10. please can i have any kinda updates for instance anodizeing, samples, etc. all i saw was the photo of the pearl blue from nor cal meet up... and we have only like couple of weeks left until the supposed shipping date

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #577 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 08:27:12 »
i dunno why but ever since i have participated in this group buy, they have never updated any information regarding it.. like even if I send them emails, they would answer like 1 out of 10. please can i have any kinda updates for instance anodizeing, samples, etc. all i saw was the photo of the pearl blue from nor cal meet up... and we have only like couple of weeks left until the supposed shipping date

TBH thats how it goes with KIRA buys, very little info until you have it in your hands, at least from what i have seen from the other kira buys. Just sit tight and wait, you know hat you signed up for lol you'll get i in time, hasn't even been that long really.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #578 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 09:10:48 »
https://en.zfrontier.com/blogs/project-updates

last update was on the oct 23 post. check there for updates.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #579 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 09:21:29 »

Ha, so we're still just waiting on Eve for an update?

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #580 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 10:47:05 »

Ha, so we're still just waiting on Eve for an update?

Its been a month so I would expect they will be making a new update post soon.

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #581 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 20:53:09 »

TBH thats how it goes with KIRA buys, very little info until you have it in your hands, at least from what i have seen from the other kira buys. Just sit tight and wait, you know hat you signed up for lol you'll get i in time, hasn't even been that long really.

lol i ordered mine on October 7th, so it's been almost 2 months they haven't updated a thing. i have participated in numerous gbs but this is like the only one that is not constatntly updating infos.

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #582 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 05:20:02 »
Saw photos of the casing already milled sometime back. ZFrontier should be updating though. Also spoken to Eve today, seems like PCB is the reason holding the shipment.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #583 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 09:55:12 »
can we get photos of the back weight at least? Or more updates... I thought the whole point of the updated buy format was that the cases were already made and ready to be shipped out quickly..

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #584 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 10:35:31 »
I thought the whole point of the updated buy format was that the cases were already made and ready to be shipped out quickly..

Did you get the colors that ran in the Chinese GB and choose the WKL option? I thought the fast shipment was for only the WKL in limited colors.  Some updates about either would be a good thing !

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #585 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 14:25:29 »
I thought the whole point of the updated buy format was that the cases were already made and ready to be shipped out quickly..

Did you get the colors that ran in the Chinese GB and choose the WKL option? I thought the fast shipment was for only the WKL in limited colors.  Some updates about either would be a good thing !

I chose WKL Grey which was one of the fast options and was confirmed it by Alex.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #586 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 16:41:32 »
Ah! Then you should have had a faster turn around. I’m also eagerly waiting for updates from zfrontier

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #587 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 20:45:03 »
i bought one of each one that was done and one not done so well see if its really faster or not lol

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #588 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 01:27:49 »

i got the one that is WKL with red anodizing. cuz i heard that is one of the fastest shipping color option. they are not updating a single thing regarding them. since there are silver and brass color for the weight options, and there was no option for choosing that, that i dont even know which weight i will be getting.

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #589 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 08:20:57 »
i got the one that is WKL with red anodizing. cuz i heard that is one of the fastest shipping color option. they are not updating a single thing regarding them. since there are silver and brass color for the weight options, and there was no option for choosing that, that i dont even know which weight i will be getting.

zFrontier page said that the example pictures show the alumium weight but that the production units will feature a brass weight.
So you will probably get the brass version.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #590 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 08:41:33 »
I’m pretty sure the weight is brass. Hopefully when zfrontier updates, they can update the status of our personalized numbers too.

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #591 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 08:44:39 »
Think the confusion here is the bottom and back weight. Bottom weight is brass on all boards. Chinese buy got a BACK weight, there was only 1 picture of it in this thread somewhere.

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #592 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 08:53:41 »
Think the confusion here is the bottom and back weight. Bottom weight is brass on all boards. Chinese buy got a BACK weight, there was only 1 picture of it in this thread somewhere.

Aren't we getting a KIRA bottom brass weight + back weight with the personalized number as priority buyers? Was under the impression, but could be totally wrong about that :)

Offline sroop

« Reply #593 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 08:54:25 »

Aren't we getting a KIRA bottom brass weight + back weight with the personalized number as priority buyers? Was under the impression, but could be totally wrong about that :)
That was my impression as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #594 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 12:59:17 »
all weights should be brass. the aluminum weights were just prototypes (may have been offered in the Chinese GB). Normal orders would have the bottom weight. For priority buyers, Alex said that eve is planning to add the back weight as well. Alex emailed the back weight detail to me when I asked. Another user here on the forum also said the same thing. Zfrontier has not made anything official regarding the back weight.

That being said- we should a wait a bit more, there are many GBs running during the time Kira was run, so even if eve had an update, it might just be getting late to get to us

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #595 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 03:22:45 »
so.... i thought the supposed/estimated shipping date was 2 months later from the end date of the kira gb which is October 7th... can I please have any kinda information?

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #596 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 07:21:07 »
Since I am also a buyer of both the tkl + pad, I went to ask Eve directly instead of zFrontier for an update (zF ignored me, not sure why? lol).

Cases have milled and anodized. Currently just waiting for PCB, with targeted ship date before Christmas.

I am not sure of any other details.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 December 2018, 07:27:05 by Mikiberry »

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #597 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 09:20:27 »
I never found the option to buy the numpad on the English zFrontier site. Not sure if I missed it or it never was available. Glad I'm in for the TKL though. Looks amazing!

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #598 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 09:29:51 »
I never found the option to buy the numpad on the English zFrontier site. Not sure if I missed it or it never was available. Glad I'm in for the TKL though. Looks amazing!

It was not available on the intl site. No idea why.

Offline sroop

« Reply #599 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 09:33:52 »
Since I am also a buyer of both the tkl + pad, I went to ask Eve directly instead of zFrontier for an update (zF ignored me, not sure why? lol).

Show Image

Cases have milled and anodized. Currently just waiting for PCB, with targeted ship date before Christmas.
Show Image

I am not sure of any other details.

Fantastic, thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk