Author Topic: [GB][SHIPPED] Skull Squadron DSA set (aka: Macross)  (Read 1808186 times)

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
Re: [GB] Skull Squadron DSA set (aka: Macross)
« Reply #300 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 07:41:56 »
Just put in my order and submitted it to paypal. It's interesting to see how SP has been 'authorized' to withdraw the money. Means the money isn't caught up in Paypal's clutches, drawing interest until SP decides to cash in. That makes me feel a bit better about this. :)

Anyway Base set + Black stripe + Numpad = $100 at the moment. Had to let go of the additional modifiers and some extras. :(
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #301 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 07:46:25 »
remove the black stripe, add the additional mods! :P

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #302 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 08:21:27 »
remove the black stripe, add the additional mods! :P
Too rich for my blood!  :p
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #303 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 08:44:52 »
Add additional mods. It will worth to get more extra keys than to have them replicated in a different color.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #304 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 12:20:51 »
Add additional mods. It will worth to get more extra keys than to have them replicated in a different color.
I'd love to, especially to help reach MOQ for other people as well but I have to pick what to spend my money on. With Ivan's PBT Round 3, GMK RGBY and some Clear switch covers I will be spending more than enough this month on keyboards already... :confused:

EDIT: And Kmiller's Dyesubs as well.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 February 2014, 12:24:15 by JaccoW »
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #305 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 12:30:21 »
Economy rules, here and there. Scarcity is always present, thus who can blame you  :D. Sometimes it appears to me that most GHers have deep pockets but me.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #306 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 12:34:54 »
I tend to participate in GB that are either:

1) very original (I have no interest in another dolch replica)
2) with a gazillion of uncommon key sizes to cover weird layouts and custom keyboard

anything else is not worth my money :D

This GB is 100% original and it also covers some weird designs (such as leopold 660M).

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #307 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 17:00:07 »
This GB is 100% original and it also covers some weird designs (such as leopold 660M).

So true and good to see some love for this greatly ignored 660M  :thumb: .

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #308 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 08:39:00 »
This nice set begs for some more love guys, come on.

Offline Excessive

• Signature Plastics
« Reply #309 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 09:04:51 »
Hey All, any ideas on ways we can help promote this set? I would love to see it tip. Thoughts?

Offline Merloobi

« Reply #310 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 09:13:48 »
Hey All, any ideas on ways we can help promote this set? I would love to see it tip. Thoughts?

Have you tried posting on/contacting Robotech community sites? You'd get more exposure to your targeted demographic.  :)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #311 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 09:26:26 »
Matt reported on that earlier. He said something about not been allowed to post at that board.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #312 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 09:39:06 »

I guess the main problem is not the set itself, but the fact that this is a first time thing for SP.

People might be hesitant to join, just because they are not familiar with the process. I assume many people want to wait and see how the first GB works out and see how SP fixes possible problems like missing keys etc.

Maybe you should do a one-time promotion thing like 50% off for every set for this GB only.

People will join just because it's such a good deal and they would feel they missed something if they didn't. This would be a good stress test for you as well. I know this would mean you wouldn't make a profit from this set, but I guess some kind of promotion is needed to give this new business model some momentum.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #313 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 09:46:26 »
I thought the same when Mr. Excessive jumped on the conversation. I couldn't put it in a best way than Lechner did though.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 February 2014, 09:51:12 by ideus »

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #314 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 10:06:27 »

do you have a newsletter of previous pimpmykeyboard customers? that would be the first step, probably.

also maybe some small changes in the site design would make the buying experience easier, but that's not the real problem.

another interesting thing to do would be a 3D render to show people how the set actually looks.

I wrote about the project on Macross forum, they thought I was selling it and closed the thread. I opened a new one clarifying the situation but nobody cared. Their loss. I will post the pictures of the set as soon as it will be ready (if ever...) and they will surely eat their hats.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #315 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 11:17:52 »
Matt3o could you send us the link of the forum? We could always have a couple of members show off their previous keyboards with this profile to give people an idea and to vouch for SP.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #316 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 11:20:47 »
Matt3o could you send us the link of the forum? We could always have a couple of members show off their previous keyboards with this profile to give people an idea and to vouch for SP.

I don't want to spam the forum. They know about the GB, I posted pictures and all, if they want it they know where to get it.

Offline MsYutai

« Reply #317 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 14:55:42 »

I guess the main problem is not the set itself, but the fact that this is a first time thing for SP.

People might be hesitant to join, just because they are not familiar with the process. I assume many people want to wait and see how the first GB works out and see how SP fixes possible problems like missing keys etc.

Maybe you should do a one-time promotion thing like 50% off for every set for this GB only.

People will join just because it's such a good deal and they would feel they missed something if they didn't. This would be a good stress test for you as well. I know this would mean you wouldn't make a profit from this set, but I guess some kind of promotion is needed to give this new business model some momentum.

If it were half off I would definitely buy!

For me, I just can't drop $113 on an ABS set when I can get blank PBT set for half the price off the same site.

This is coming from someone who hasn't watched Macross or tried DSA profile, though, hehe.
CM Storm Quickfire XT - MX Reds

Roccat Kone Pure Optical|Kana v2|Zowie FK|Logitech g500s|Mionix Naos 7000|CM Spawn|Logitech Performance MX

Offline Excessive

• Signature Plastics
« Reply #318 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 18:15:00 »
Hey all, thanks for the awesome feedback. We are passionately watching and listening to everything you say. While our margins are not big enough to offer a 50% discount on the GB, we have dropped the price as much as we can. The new price is $44 if it tips at at 50 units. $42 for 75 units etc.

We would love see this become a tool the community wants to use, and we are continuing to work on improvements. We appreciate and encourage your continuing to provide feedback and suggestions. Thanks!

FYI: If you have already joined the group buy, you will only be charged the final price. This will include the discount. Thanks again for the support!

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #319 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 18:33:33 »
Wow!!!  That's a pretty incredible price!
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline elton5354

« Reply #320 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 18:45:29 »
$63 to $44 is a pretty nice drop. If it was DCS, I would buy without hesitation. :/

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #321 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 18:49:18 »
I caved.

Also, I don't live in Alabama :D

Offline skuko

« Reply #322 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 19:02:57 »
44 dollars for a base TKL DSA set? that's a steal, if you ask me. i really hope this goes through.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #323 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 20:36:46 »
$63 to $44 is a pretty nice drop. If it was DCS, I would buy without hesitation. :/

If another person posts that they want DCS I shall personally stomp on their heads with my steel-caps.  DSA is the only one that can fit on any keyboard due to it's profile, hence it should have wide acceptance out there.

Offline submarinedog

« Reply #324 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 20:39:36 »
I like the colourway of this set, but don't like the custom caps in the base set and would like the boring joes kit (sorry don't know anything about Macross). Would there be any chance of the boring joes kit being made even if it doesn't hit MOQ?

Also when I'm entering my shipping info and have Australia selected as the country, the "state" drop down menu doesn't change and still only gives me states in the USA and UK.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 February 2014, 20:44:30 by submarinedog »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #325 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 20:55:43 »
Wow! $72 for the base with additional mods sets is just awesome. Thank you SP for listening to the community. Now I hope we understood the value of this nice special set that with mods can fit pretty much any commercially available ANSI keyboard. Come on guys, put a little more love into this set, and the effort SP is making to provide us with a new way to managing group buys.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 February 2014, 21:01:22 by ideus »

Offline stancato9

« Reply #326 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 21:25:17 »
Wow amazing deal.
Poker 2 - MX Red

Offline regack

« Reply #327 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 21:47:07 »
woah... ok, now it really is time to get more than one...

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #328 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 22:03:28 »
Would there be any chance of the boring joes kit being made even if it doesn't hit MOQ?

Same Question?
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 February 2014, 22:14:15 by CommonCurt »
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline bianco

« Reply #329 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 22:12:37 »
finally got funds for this.
order placed!
i hope more orders come in for better price cuts (especially the additional mods and numpad  ;D).

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #330 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 22:18:01 »
finally got funds for this.
order placed!
i hope more orders come in for better price cuts (especially the additional mods and numpad  ;D ).

The orders shall flow in as soon as SP fixes their addressing to Australia, which still leaves out our States and Territories  >:( .  Suddenly they think we are a part of all the US, UK and Canadian Provinces......still  ::) .

Offline bianco

« Reply #331 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 22:28:27 »
yeah, that was frustrating.
although i'm using a forwarding service based in US, in my billing address i have to say that Singapore is on a US state.

The orders shall flow in as soon as SP fixes their addressing to Australia, which still leaves out our States and Territories  >:( .  Suddenly they think we are a part of all the US, UK and Canadian Provinces......still  ::) .

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #332 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 22:33:29 »
Legends for this keys were discussed already, you could try to find the posts regarding it. Anyway, the discussion was related with the many variations that may be used, that prevent a common option to be used. If you have a suggestion, I think it worth to share it now. Maybe it may make sense for the interested parties.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #333 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 23:14:01 »
The real tragedy here is the SIMPLEST area to fix they haven't even bothered to.  There's still 11 days left yet no attempt to fix shipping to Australia and the shipping cost has ballooned to $51.00USD.

Where was the $15 freight cost being applied?  Or have I got this whole SP Group Buy deal all wrong?

All I want is to place an order through yet SP's Order Page is fundamentally screwed with wrong addressing and shipping payment details.  If anyone refuses to fix this Group Buy then this attempt by SP is very disorganized and flawed.

Please SPLady take a serious look at fixing these problems before the deadline arrives otherwise you'll be cancelling this whole venture soon due to little interest out there.   I'm only in this because Matt3o designed the key-set, otherwise I wouldn't bother.  Don't tarnish his good name with your inability to provide a reliable Group Buy for the world.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #334 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 01:15:25 »
Hey all, thanks for the awesome feedback. We are passionately watching and listening to everything you say. While our margins are not big enough to offer a 50% discount on the GB, we have dropped the price as much as we can. The new price is $44 if it tips at at 50 units. $42 for 75 units etc.

We would love see this become a tool the community wants to use, and we are continuing to work on improvements. We appreciate and encourage your continuing to provide feedback and suggestions. Thanks!

FYI: If you have already joined the group buy, you will only be charged the final price. This will include the discount. Thanks again for the support!

Thank you very much for considering my proposal  :thumb:

This is indeed a steal! I haven't tried DSA profile before so I guess this is the perfect opportunity to try it :)

I will place my order later tonight as soon as I am back home from work.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #335 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 03:09:47 »
I want to thank SP once again for their efforts for making this set happen.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #336 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 08:03:50 »
Since the additional mods have dropped in price from $43 to $28 I think I should add them. :D
Any way to change my order Excessive?
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #337 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 08:17:57 »
I also want to add something to my order. What is the proper procedure to do it? Also please update us on the issues with shipping cost and the STATE for international orders.

Offline Excessive

• Signature Plastics
« Reply #338 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 08:59:47 »
Since the additional mods have dropped in price from $43 to $28 I think I should add them. :D
Any way to change my order Excessive?

Hey guys we have two options here:

1) If you would like to add mods to your order, place a new order with just those mods. When we sort the orders we will package them together.

2) The other option is we can cancel the original order and you can place an entirely new one.

We're very open to making this the best experience we can for the community, so let me know what you would like to see, and if we can do it we will.

I also want to add something to my order. What is the proper procedure to do it? Also please update us on the issues with shipping cost and the STATE for international orders.

We're actively working on a fix for this. Paypal requires states & country information on every order to be provided in a very specific format. The software we used to build the site does not offer this by default. For this reason we are having to manually code every country, with each corresponding state, and then the appropriate Paypal state and country codes into the system. As you can image there are a lot of country and states to go through.

For those of you select the wrong state in your shipping:
We will be cross checking the country / zip combination on every order outside of the US.  In almost all cases, your zip/postal code will tell us which state you are shipping to. If there is any confusion about the state you reside in, we will contact you to verify your address prior to sending your shipment.

I apologize for the confusion here, please know we are working as aggressively on this update as we have with all others. As soon as the patch is pushed I will post an update. Thanks again for your patience.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #339 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 10:52:22 »
I just placed my order.

I decided to live in Hawaii for the sake of ordering :)

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #340 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 10:54:29 »
I just placed my order.

I decided to live in Hawaii for the sake of ordering :)

smartass! :D

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #341 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 11:20:00 »
26 to tip now. Awesome!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #342 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 14:30:48 »
24 to tip. Nice.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #343 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 17:03:20 »
23 to tip now. Sorry for bothering you all, but I really want this to go through.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #344 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 17:11:26 »
go-go skull squadron! :D

Offline hrinfinity

• typebeast
  • uptempo
« Reply #345 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 19:48:20 »
Just placed my order. I really hope this happens!
TGR-Jane CE | FC660C | DK9008 Snake

Offline RapidCancel

« Reply #346 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 19:55:59 »
Just placed my order as well :)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #347 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 20:08:21 »
Now 22 to tip. awesome.

Offline skuko

« Reply #348 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 04:50:05 »
i just got my first DSA set and got the alphas and mods installed. i gotta say, it's FREAKING AWESOME! seriously, i cannot wait for a proper set to have, the typing on blanks is kinda weird for me, never had blanks before :)

gonna play some games now to see if i like it for my primary computer function :)

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #349 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 04:51:49 »
thanks for sharing! :) and happy typing :)