Author Topic: [IC] Siso keyset (on hold)  (Read 72320 times)

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
Re: [IC] Siso keyset (Grey, grey, blue)
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 04:59:32 »
Hello everyone, I'm sorry for the lack of updates these past few days. I've been very busy with other things.
But I would like to share the new renders I made of how the kits should be composed (might still change a bit). I'll update the original post with them and some more information as soon as I have a chance

Base set

Color kit

Non Standard Layout kit

Offline strafe

• Strafe's Blog
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 06:20:14 »
I'd be down for a base set if it's dcs or cherry profile.
Freebird WKL (Blacks Clear-Tops), iKBC F-104 (Blacks) and more!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 07:00:36 »
Looks great!

I think DCS is fine. I don't think I've ever heard someone say "I love Cherry profile, but hate DCS."  They are very similar.

With the recent release of the Pok3r, many GON 60's, arrival of many CtrlAlt 60's, and hopefully soon arrival of many GH 60's, I think you should include some sort of 1.25x Fn key. This could be "Fn", blank, or some cute logo for the set. Could be in that nice contrasting blue you have there.  Just a suggestion.

If it's NOT produced in the next 3 months, I'll probably buy a set. My wallet is hurting from Hyperfuse and Triumph Adler.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline sneaky0

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 14:12:33 »
Looks awesome. Any chance of 6.5u space bar?

Offline julayyy

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 14:43:59 »
Looks awesome! Thinking of getting a new keyboard soon and this looks like the perfect Keycaps for it
QuickfireTK MX Reds         v60 mini MX Clears

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 02:19:33 »
I'm super interested in this set! I would love to see an ergodox adder. I know you're trying to keep it to 3 kits, and there are probably fewer of us that may enjoy it, but there are not many options out there for ergodoxians

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 08:43:12 »
Ok everyone I'm sorry for not updating as often as I wanted to, but it's for good reason. I've been working on some nicer looking mockups (should be ready soon), and also talking with some GH members that have run successful GBs in the past.

I have concluded that if I really want Cherry profile for this set, it will have Cherry profile!
I was thinking of maybe using DCS if Cherry was going to be too complicated to do. But this set will look it's best only if Cherry profile is used, so that what it will be.

If possible, the set is going to use the first Windows logo (version 1) for the Win key. If the manufacturer can't do any custom legends I will revert back to the Windows 8 logo.

As of now (and if we have enough demand) the non standard layout kit will support HHKB, 40%, and I was thinking of adding G80-1800 support. Please let me know if there are other non standard layouts that might have more demand (and if you ever see any missing keys in my mockups)

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 08:50:03 »
So then this is going through either GMK or JTKeycaps?

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
Re: [IC] Siso keyset (Cherry profile)
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 08:56:46 »

Nothing is set in stone yet, but I will do whatever is needed to for it to happen.
If the set needs to be put on hold until we have enough demand, it will, as long as the set is made in Cherry profile.

As far as I know we don't have enough for GMK MOQ, and JTKeycaps is not taking requests for now.
So until then let's make this set as great as we can, and build up some hype for it (to reach MOQs)
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 June 2015, 09:15:07 by MAR82 »

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 08:59:09 »

Nothing is set in stone yet, but I will do whatever is needed to for it to happen.
If the set needs to be put on hold until we have enough demand, it will, as long as the set is made in Cherry profile.

As far as I know we don't have enough for GMK MOQ, and JTKeycaps is not taking requests for now.
So until then let's make this set as great as we can, and build up some hype for it (to reach MOQs)
I like the set because it reminds me of a cyan dolch, which I was working on, but abandoned, so if it does go to GMK, I think this would end up being the same base color as Dolch, which would be awesome IMO.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 09:01:17 »

I am definitely in .......I love  the color and if this were to be run in cherry profile through GMK I think it would knock it out of the park!!!!
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 11:55:13 »
Wait, what about an Ergodox kit?

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 11:57:27 »

The biggest problem with the ErgoDox is that it seems that everyone has a different layout, so to find one that everyone would buy is going to be hard. But I'm open to suggestions  :)

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 12:03:19 »
If this gets run with GMK, ergodox will very likely not make MOQ. It's been tried, and failed pretty miserably. Running with JTK might be possible, but that's definitely a ways off.

Ergodox sets tend to do best as sets of blanks, so that nobody has to worry about matching their layout.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Invaderevan

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 12:04:46 »
These are neat, and I want them.

WTTF Ribbits, Ashen V2 MX, Bronins

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 12:29:35 »

The biggest problem with the ErgoDox is that it seems that everyone has a different layout, so to find one that everyone would buy is going to be hard. But I'm open to suggestions  :)

i would suggest an ergodox add-on that consists of icons and blanks - maybe half-and-half? ergodoxians know we have to take what we can get, since we are often forgotten in group buys. there is no way to provide a ergodox add-on set that will be able to handle all the possible variations of keymaps out there.

here is my layout - probably not the most universal, but i think this layout will be 90% compatible with most layouts
103195-0

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 14:22:16 »
For Ergodox, mods should always be either blank  or generic symbols (like the honeycombs in the Carbon set)

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 06:12:40 »
For Ergodox, mods should always be either blank  or generic symbols (like the honeycombs in the Carbon set)

I'll have to see how many people would really be interested in a blank ErgoDox addon on for this set, because even if blank that is still a lot of keys that can only be used for that layout.
Not saying there will not be an ErgoDox addon, but I'm also not saying there will be  ;)

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 06:25:29 »
I've finished working on the latest version of my base set mockup.
You will see that it's missing 4 keys from the last mockup I made, but those keys will be part of the non standard layout set

As usual please let me know what you think and of potential improvements that can be made.
The next mockup I make should be for the non standard layout set

I have also made a banner for anyone that would like to help build the hype for this set.
Just paste this line of text into your profile signature (please replace ALL parentheses with brackets):
(url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71629.0)(img width=209 height=120)http://i.imgur.com/83t9bZm.png(/img)(/url)
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 June 2015, 16:06:04 by MAR82 »

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 14:12:16 »
You will see that it's missing 4 keys from the last mockup I made, but those keys will be part of the non standard layout set
Show Image

As usual please let me know what you think and of potential improvements that can be made.

I have also made a banner for anyone that would like to help build the hype for this set.
Just past this line of text into your profile signature (please replace ALL parentheses with brackets): (url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71629.0)(img width=209 height=120)http://i.imgur.com/xrGgNJW.png?1(/img)(/url)
I like the color scheme.

If the windows logo was different, you used "Control" instead of "Ctrl" and "Scroll Lock" instead of "Scr Lk" I would certainly be interested :)

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 14:26:50 »
Your latest mockups have 2 1u Fn keys (one in base and one in extras), is this intentional?

Any chance of getting a 1.25u Fn in there as well?
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 14:41:55 »
Show Image

Just past this line of text into your profile signature (please replace ALL parentheses with brackets): (url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71629.0)(img width=209 height=120)http://i.imgur.com/xrGgNJW.png?1(/img)(/url)
I like the color scheme.

If the windows logo was different, you used "Control" instead of "Ctrl" and "Scroll Lock" instead of "Scr Lk" I would certainly be interested :)

I'm using a modified version of Bunny's mockup (from the JTK GB) for this, and used what he had on it. I will use whatever tooling the manufacture has for those keys. So it could be Ctrl or Control and same thing for Scroll lock

Your latest mockups have 2 1u Fn keys (one in base and one in extras), is this intentional?

Yeah the Base set is the only mockup I've had time to update so far, the others should be updated soon.

Good call on the 1.25 Fn key, I know a lot of people have a need for it (myself included)

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 14:42:48 »
just realized these would probably look awesome with the GMK electric blue modifiers set, too!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 15:14:07 »
Show Image

I like the color scheme.

I'm using a modified version of Bunny's mockup (from the JTK GB) for this, and used what he had on it. I will use whatever tooling the manufacture has for those keys. So it could be Ctrl or Control and same thing for Scroll lock

Yeah the Base set is the only mockup I've had time to update so far, the others should be updated soon.

Good call on the 1.25 Fn key, I know a lot of people have a need for it (myself included)

I think the mockup looks great, and I would buy this set for sure.

I also need the 1.25 Fn key (or some sort of custom logo, depending on the manufacturer).  I think many many users of 60% keyboards need this.
I'm back.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 08:56:12 »
Updated OP with new mockup, now including a 1.25u "Fn" key

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #75 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 09:00:20 »
Nice dude
I'm back.

Offline julayyy

« Reply #76 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 14:12:01 »
keep up the good work!
QuickfireTK MX Reds         v60 mini MX Clears

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 15:26:16 »
Ok I've been working on the non standard layout kit.
Right now it should support 40%, HHKB, 1800, and 75% layouts. Please let me know if I'm missing any keys (some keys might be part of base set) for these layouts, and if there are any other layouts that should be added (but nothing that needs lots of extra keys).

I'll work on the presentation of it, once I know I'm not missing any keys.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 15:46:12 »
I really, really love the windows logo you're using with this.  Is that one available with GMK?
I'm back.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 15:53:02 »
I really, really love the windows logo you're using with this.  Is that one available with GMK?

As far as I know it would have to be pad printed if done by GMK, but I'm still aiming for it.
If it's not possible or if people only want doubleshot, I'll revert back to the Windows 8 logo

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 07:11:48 »
Nice but not compelling. We're in a world of surplus keysets now.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline just66in

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 09:13:39 »
Very interested! In cherry or DCS profile please  :D

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 21:51:02 »
Any chance to make this produced in GMK? IF possilbe ,absolutely join in .

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #83 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 21:56:16 »

GMK might be a trick because of custom colours, but I believe OP is looking into having this set produced with JTK sometime down the road.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 22:00:21 »
Damn. This set is nice. Count me in.

Offline Invaderevan

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 22:07:17 »
You had me at Cherry Profile, and won my wallet with a 1u 0 and + and a short right shift. Please make this!

WTTF Ribbits, Ashen V2 MX, Bronins

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 01:34:58 »
Ergodox...

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 03:57:03 »
I've been busy with work and personal stuff, that's why there hasn't been any big updates lately. (It can be a pain to make some of the mockup changes  ;) )

GMK might be a trick because of custom colours, but I believe OP is looking into having this set produced with JTK sometime down the road.

Yes, GMK might be tricky because of the custom colors it will require and their MOQ of 250, JTK/Bunny are not taking any custom orders as of now, SP DCS is also an option.
Once we know what the final set and kits will be comprised of, it will be easier to build a real interest check and approximate how many orders we could potentially get.

Ergodox...

I'm also an ErgoDox user (only for gaming) and would like to include it, but I think it would require more extra keys than I would like to add to the non standard layout kit. If we can find enough interest for it I will add them in a heartbeat.

If anyone can think of other non standard layouts that can be added to the non standard layout kit please let me know (if possible, only layouts that require only about 10 or less extra keys)

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 04:55:54 »
I love this set! Please please make it happen
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline sneaky0

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 08:17:34 »
Please include 6.5u space bar.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 08:20:26 »
Please include 6.5u space bar.

The only manufacturer (that we can use) that makes 6.5 spacebars is SP, and I'm not even sure if they have 6.5 DCS spacebar tooling

Offline fliptrik

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 09:25:48 »
Is that a 1.75 shift in the non-standard pack? If so, you've definitely got one purchase here for the base and non-standard.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:20:58 »
I've been busy with work and personal stuff, that's why there hasn't been any big updates lately. (It can be a pain to make some of the mockup changes  ;) )

Yes, GMK might be tricky because of the custom colors it will require and their MOQ of 250, JTK/Bunny are not taking any custom orders as of now, SP DCS is also an option.
Once we know what the final set and kits will be comprised of, it will be easier to build a real interest check and approximate how many orders we could potentially get.

I believe that GMK will do custom colours only with a much higher MOQ -- the Triumph Adler set dealt with this issue. The original MOQ was 1000 sets, but Intelli78 was able to negotiate down to 500, which is still a huge number of sets. There might be more relevant info in the TA IC thread.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #93 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 15:43:02 »
What manufacturer are you using?
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 16:09:59 »

The conversation right above is about this -- a decision has not been made yet.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 16:33:24 »

The conversation right above is about this -- a decision has not been made yet.

**** I might as well be blind. Thanks
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline E3E

« Reply #96 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 17:28:46 »
Here's to hoping this one gets a shot at life someday. <3

Offline diqkiq

« Reply #97 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 17:31:09 »
I hope so too. This is a good looking set
Filco Majestouch TKL, Noppoo Choc Mini, Realforce 87 55g, Model M TKL, Ducky Shine 3 TKL, KC60, Planck.

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #98 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 18:51:41 »
I hope so too. This is a good looking set

Agreed. I would sell my first child for this set.
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 14 July 2015, 18:10:52 »
So is this set just a fleeting dream?