Author Topic: [IC] GMK CYL Deathly Queen | 2024 GB?  (Read 82878 times)

Offline Tyson

[IC] GMK CYL Deathly Queen | 2024 GB?
« on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 22:52:35 »

Hey Geekhack!
Today I present to you GMK Deathly Queen! You may have previously seen an IC for this set on here, I took it down because I was not happy with the original design so I reworked the set! Changed the kitting, adjusted the sublegends and added a "Novelty" Kit! The set will feature 6 custom pantone colors and feature a Katakana sublegend base kit. My reasoning for the Katakana is because a lot of the names in Jojo are borrowed words, so Katakana was very fitting for the theme! The Novelty kit features a signature katakana character "Go" twice, when used in succession as an onomatopoeia it is associated as "Menacing" which has become popular in the Jojo series typically whenever a villain is around. I hope you enjoy this IC and have a good rest of your day!

2023 Updated Feedback Form: IC Form

Kits

Renders

Ikki68 by Wuque Studio
More

Rosa by Oggi
More

Frog by Geonworks
More

Onyx by Funderburker
More

Check for Updates on my Discord

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=113597.0][img width=400 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/CId3Cd6.png[/img]
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 November 2023, 01:18:52 by Tyson »

Offline Shoobs

Re: [IC] GMK Deathly Queen
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 23:00:33 »
My name is Yoshikage Kira. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Morioh, where all the villas are, and I am not married. I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and I get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but I occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get eight hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last check-up. I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life. I take care not to trouble myself with any enemies, like winning and losing, that would cause me to lose sleep at night. That is how I deal with society, and I know that is what brings me happiness. Although, if I were to fight I wouldn't lose to anyone.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 23:04:33 »
My name is Yoshikage Kira. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Morioh, where all the villas are, and I am not married. I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and I get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but I occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get eight hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last check-up. I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life. I take care not to trouble myself with any enemies, like winning and losing, that would cause me to lose sleep at night. That is how I deal with society, and I know that is what brings me happiness. Although, if I were to fight I wouldn't lose to anyone.

Offline dkFAKE

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 23:05:31 »

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 23:07:23 »
those menacing novelties are on point

Offline FishyKeebs

• hey
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 23:11:34 »

Offline Ahngel

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 23:13:04 »

Offline realezi_

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 23:17:36 »

Offline kimchijody

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 23:28:31 »
IM READY

Offline doggo1dance

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 23:37:11 »

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 23:53:34 »
Base kit is beautiful :chefkiss:

Offline Novafish

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 23:58:15 »

Offline NivlakN

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 00:05:03 »

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 00:22:11 »
Would like to see better novelties which are more indicative of the theme of the set. My wife is a huge jojo fan and I would love to grab this for her, except that, beyond the menacing novelty, I'm not sure she would even recognize what the set is trying to do. The only other novelty, "click", is already associated with input devices, so I dont think she would even notice it is jojo inspired.

Would like to see novelties added/changed to be more like other anime sets which really borrow from the show/manga. Something like an "Oh! My! God!" key, or "to be continued" with or without the arrow, whatever is possible. Maybe even the killer queen skull emblem, since the set is named after killer queen.

As of now, we just have a TON of "menacing"/gogo novelties... not enough to make me want to purchase tbh. Thanks for reading :)

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Offline Dandy

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 00:28:33 »
Aight so just buy 6 nov kits to replace all the alphas to create the most menacing board on the planet. Would love to see some in the alpha color, because I'm seriously considering this  ;D

I'd imagine the lack of other novs is an effort to stay above board in terms of IP, imo the ゴゴゴゴ is more than enough to recognize the set as Jojo.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 00:30:39 »
Would like to see better novelties which are more indicative of the theme of the set. My wife is a huge jojo fan and I would love to grab this for her, except that, beyond the menacing novelty, I'm not sure she would even recognize what the set is trying to do. The only other novelty, "click", is already associated with input devices, so I dont think she would even notice it is jojo inspired.

Would like to see novelties added/changed to be more like other anime sets which really borrow from the show/manga. Something like an "Oh! My! God!" key, or "to be continued" with or without the arrow, whatever is possible. Maybe even the killer queen skull emblem, since the set is named after killer queen.

As of now, we just have a TON of "menacing"/gogo novelties... not enough to make me want to purchase tbh. Thanks for reading :)

Trying to come up with any novelties that didn't toe the grey area of IP for this was some what difficult, with that being said I will take your ideas into consideration. I really would like to run this and not risk any chance of infringing anything.

Offline snurrebassen

• mechanical keyboard designer and enthusiast
    • Linktree
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 00:39:21 »
I like it!

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 00:41:19 »

Would like to see novelties added/changed to be more like other anime sets which really borrow from the show/manga. Something like an "Oh! My! God!" key, or "to be continued" with or without the arrow, whatever is possible. Maybe even the killer queen skull emblem, since the set is named after killer queen.

Trying to come up with any novelties that didn't toe the grey area of IP for this was some what difficult, with that being said I will take your ideas into consideration. I really would like to run this and not risk any chance of infringing anything.
Ah that makes sense, thanks. I'll be watching either way ;)

Offline stellaidoscope

• Stellaidoscope
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 02:30:47 »

Offline engyshow

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 03:54:36 »

Offline denibhoxha

• cock and balls technology
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 04:20:00 »
Watashi no na wa Kira Yoshikage. Renrei sanjyuu sansai. Jitaku wa Morioh-cho hokuto no bu no bessojidai ni ari, kekkon wa shiite-inai. Shigoto wa Kame-yu chen-ten no kai sha-in de, maiinichi osokuto mo yoru hachii-ji made ni wa kitakusuru. Tabaco-o wa sumanai, sake wa tashinamu-tedo, yoru juu-ichi ji ni wa toko nitsukii, kanarazu hajii-jikan wa suii-min o toru yo-o ni shiiteiru. Neru mae ni at-ta-kae miruuku o nomi ni-juu pun hodo no suutorechi de karada o homu-****e kara toko nitsuku-to hodon do asa made jukusui-sa. Akanbo no yo ni hiro ya suutoresu o noku sazu nii asa me o samaserunda. Kenko-o shintan de mo ijyo na****o iwaretaiyo. Watashi wa tsune nii kokoro o heion o ne-gate ik-terun ningen toyukoto o setsumei-****e-iru no dai-yo. Kachi make ni koda wa-tari, atama o kakaeruyoo na torabuuruu to ka, yoru mo nemurenai to ita teki o tsukuranai. Toyuu no ga watashii no shakai ni taisuru shise de ari, sorega jibun no kofuku da to toyuukoto o ****eiru. Mo-tomo tatakatte da to****emo, watashi wa dare ni mo makenn ga ne.

Offline P103

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 06:00:47 »
D4C next?

Offline stacksofkeyboards

• Stackskb
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 06:29:13 »

Offline Swishy

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 06:44:25 »
Any chance of getting 3 key support for 40s???

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 07:03:20 »
Kitting is pretty good although I would like to see some changes. 2 3u spacebars would be nice, and adding 3 key 40s is pretty cheap but adds a lot of support. Also I feel like the novelty kit is kinda uninspired. I would like to see more designs and include 1.5u and 1.25u keys for r4.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 08:20:59 »
Im sleep deprived and i amm not having a good monring
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline washwashtree

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 13:35:34 »

Offline washwashtree

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 13:36:19 »
3 key support for 40s would be very much appreciated.

Offline FishyKeebs

• hey
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 13:46:11 »
Im sleep deprived and i amm not having a good monring

im sorry treeleaf get some sleep and have a good day  :thumb:

Offline Tyson

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 13:59:14 »
Kitting is pretty good although I would like to see some changes. 2 3u spacebars would be nice, and adding 3 key 40s is pretty cheap but adds a lot of support. Also I feel like the novelty kit is kinda uninspired. I would like to see more designs and include 1.5u and 1.25u keys for r4.

This is definitely something I can look into if more people are interested. I have yet to run any 40s support in any of my GMK sets. There will not be any additional kits but I can definitely look at adding stuff to the current kits if need be.

As for the comment about novelties, there was definitely inspiration in making what I have right now, I've also explained my reasoning for not making more in a previous comment. "Trying to come up with any novelties that didn't toe the grey area of IP for this was some what difficult, with that being said I will take your ideas into consideration. I really would like to run this and not risk any chance of infringing anything." I might change the kit name to the Menacing kit, but the enter key will also be in there.

Offline Toad944

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 14:05:10 »
MY BODY IS READY

Offline NoteMakoti

• for sale, baby shoes, never worn
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 18:08:16 »

Offline honorless

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 20:57:23 »

To be clear, by "3-key 40s", that means R2 1.75u Backspace, R3 1.25u Tab, and R3 1.5u Enter. Mentioning what the 3 keys actually are is kinda important...

I have yet to run any 40s support in any of my GMK sets.

...yeah, ultimately this was why I passed on Deepwell. I'm a big fan of Honeywell colorways so I was more bummed then I should probably admit. Hope you reconsider this stance someday.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 21:43:18 »

To be clear, by "3-key 40s", that means R2 1.75u Backspace, R3 1.25u Tab, and R3 1.5u Enter. Mentioning what the 3 keys actually are is kinda important...

I have yet to run any 40s support in any of my GMK sets.

...yeah, ultimately this was why I passed on Deepwell. I'm a big fan of Honeywell colorways so I was more bummed then I should probably admit. Hope you reconsider this stance someday.

IDK what other 3 keys people could be referring to lol. I've already made the decision to add them to this set. Will work on a revised render when possible.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 June 2021, 21:46:08 by Tyson »

Offline The0rigina1

• fumoposting
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 03:51:46 »

Offline aleeex

« Reply #35 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 12:11:48 »
What a wonderful beautiful Duwang
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 July 2021, 12:13:56 by aleeex »

Offline jaron

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 16:26:02 »
I can't really comment about the theme because I don't know much about anime, but this does look very similar to GMK Symbiote, which is still running right now.

Offline synthtastic

[IC] GMK Deathly Queen
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 19:02:29 »
I can't really comment about the theme because I don't know much about anime, but this does look very similar to GMK Symbiote, which is still running right now.
This had a previous IC posted with similar colors iirc, way before Symbiote was revealed or went live (Omnitype do enjoy their surprise GBs). In any case, blame Omnitype.

Either way, there’s enough difference here and honestly not much anyone can do about “similarities” in colors regardless.

Looks good. Love me some Jojo. Unfortunately not the color purple.

Edit: **** those novelties are good lol
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 July 2021, 19:09:12 by synthtastic »
Expensive plastic makes me sigh.

Offline denibhoxha

• cock and balls technology
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 07:20:18 »
id say try doing a render with the entire alphas covered with the "menacing" novelties, maybe some ppl would like the look and buy like 6-7 novelty kits....... stonks

Offline Tyson

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 15:20:03 »
id say try doing a render with the entire alphas covered with the "menacing" novelties, maybe some ppl would like the look and buy like 6-7 novelty kits....... stonks

I've had a few people mention that to me, I'll talk to Skok and see if I can get a Menacing Alphas kit made :D

Offline JomiKarloz

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 23:36:29 »
killer queen has already touched this thread

Offline Sax_______

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 23:39:58 »
‼️‼️HOLY ****ING ****‼️‼️‼️‼️ IS THAT A MOTHER****ING JOJO REFERENCE??????!!!!!!!!!!11!1!1!1!1!1!1! 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱 JOJO IS THE BEST ****ING ANIME 🔥🔥🔥🔥💯💯💯💯 JOSUKE IS SO BADASSSSS 😎😎😎😎😎😎😎👊👊👊👊👊 ORAORAORAORAORALORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA 😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩 😩😩😩😩 M
‼️‼️HOLY ****ING ****‼️‼️‼️‼️ IS THAT A MOTHER****ING JOJO REFERENCE??????!!!!!!!!!!11!1!1!1!1!1!1! 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱 JOJO IS THE BEST ****ING ANIME 🔥🔥🔥🔥💯💯💯💯 JOSUKE IS SO BADASSSSS 😎😎😎😎😎😎😎👊👊👊👊👊 ORAORAORAORAORALORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA 😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩 😩😩😩😩 MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA 🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬🤬😡🤬🤬😡WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo!🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo!🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo! Yo Angelo!🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 Yo Angelo!🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo! Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo! Yo Angelo!🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo!🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 Yo Angelo!🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo!🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo!🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo! 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo!🗿 🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo!🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 Yo Angelo! Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo! Yo Angelo! 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 Oh you’re approaching me❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓But it was me, Dio‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂

Offline Jebus

« Reply #42 on: Sat, 03 July 2021, 06:20:51 »
Bokki.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #43 on: Sat, 03 July 2021, 17:42:14 »
Thank you everyone for the support! I have recently spoken to Konstantin to go over issues with kits and changes to make to make everything cohesive. I've submitted those changes to Skok, kits will be update in a few weeks. We'll also be adding another kit for the set, Menacing Alphas will be arriving in the next kit updates :)

Offline proevil

« Reply #44 on: Sat, 03 July 2021, 19:18:36 »
Nice I'm interested 

Offline chuteme

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 22:09:57 »

Offline RachaXD

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 10:08:54 »
I'm in! It'd be cool to see some oraoraora somewhere not sure

Offline namidettje

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 12:24:44 »
Love the kit, the novelties not so much : v

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 08:53:42 »
I love the menacing novelties. I think a lot of sets go too hard on a theme. The subtle reference is a nice change of pace.
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline musdem

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 09:45:55 »
I love the colourway and what novelties are there but there could be some more. Maybe something like the skull on Killer Queens belt buckle, or something with Sheer Heart Attack, or even the Stray Cat.