Author Topic: [IC] Series 5.88 - Safa - GB Feb 14th (Pricing Anounced)  (Read 62035 times)

Offline genevatypes

Re: [IC] Series 5.88 - Safa - GB Feb 14th
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 19:04:34 »
Please have limited quantity per household. Would love a fair chance at this.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Offline ale210

« Reply #151 on: Wed, 09 February 2022, 05:20:37 »

+1

Offline FamilyJoule924

« Reply #152 on: Wed, 09 February 2022, 06:50:26 »
i did such a fast double take ... was so excited to see a green board with these specs and that pcb (the proto at least looks great) but alas no green ... put it back in GB please

Offline paulgali

• SKME
Re: [IC] Series 5.88 - Safa - GB Feb 14th (Pricing Anounced)
« Reply #153 on: Thu, 10 February 2022, 01:51:17 »
Pricing is now live!

Offline paulgali

• SKME
« Reply #154 on: Thu, 10 February 2022, 02:20:38 »

Limited at 2 / household. Good shout, thank you!

Offline VXQN

« Reply #155 on: Thu, 10 February 2022, 05:12:29 »
Great pricing, except for MKB EU. I'm from the UK so it looks like I'd pay double VAT if I bought it (already included VAT + import VAT) Do you know if there's a way around that? I'd like to avoid purchasing from another vendor if possible, but thanks to Brexit (sigh) it looks like I may have to.

Offline Jo_hannes

• You can never learn less. You can only learn more.
« Reply #156 on: Thu, 10 February 2022, 07:07:03 »
Great pricing, except for MKB EU. I'm from the UK so it looks like I'd pay double VAT if I bought it (already included VAT + import VAT) Do you know if there's a way around that? I'd like to avoid purchasing from another vendor if possible, but thanks to Brexit (sigh) it looks like I may have to.

Of course, you will not pay EU + GB VAT. When/if MKB has gotten and implemented the UK VAT number, you'll just pay the price including UK VAT (which should be the same as Belgian, right?). If not, you will pay the net price and pay VAT on arrival. /J

Offline Magnificent Bureaucrat

• Sooooo much red tape
« Reply #157 on: Thu, 10 February 2022, 07:29:41 »

Of course, you will not pay EU + GB VAT. When/if MKB has gotten and implemented the UK VAT number, you'll just pay the price including UK VAT (which should be the same as Belgian, right?). If not, you will pay the net price and pay VAT on arrival. /J

This. I'm not sure exactly how they'll juggle things but there's no way should you end up paying VAT twice.

Worst case scenario you'd pay the price + EU VAT > receive a refund for the EU VAT > finally pay UK VAT once the order hits UK customs. This is how it worked on the last order I received from them.

Offline VXQN

« Reply #158 on: Thu, 10 February 2022, 07:38:37 »

This. I'm not sure exactly how they'll juggle things but there's no way should you end up paying VAT twice.

Worst case scenario you'd pay the price + EU VAT > receive a refund for the EU VAT > finally pay UK VAT once the order hits UK customs. This is how it worked on the last order I received from them.

Thank you both for your replies. I have been burnt before when purchasing from the EU (by less well established/regarded vendors), and just wanted to make sure!

Offline paulgali

• SKME
« Reply #159 on: Thu, 10 February 2022, 09:24:32 »

Thank you both for your replies. I have been burnt before when purchasing from the EU (by less well established/regarded vendors), and just wanted to make sure!
When you order ships it will be converted to a UK order.  We have our UK VAT number and are able to ship orders without export/import procedures.   Next month new orders will automatically be UK orders (charged in pound).
There are not going to be extra costs to be paid anymore.

Direct information from David. I asked very specifically for the details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cicada

• Formerly iamacicada
« Reply #160 on: Tue, 08 March 2022, 23:21:51 »
Aww the green prototype looks so good. Any particular reason for not including it in the GB? Production difficulty perhaps?