Author Topic: [TMK] HHKB Alt Controller with Mini-B/Type-C connector  (Read 520191 times)

Offline Trev

Re: [TMK] HHKB Alt Controller
« Reply #250 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 17:28:55 »
Trev,
Could you see if there is difference between stock HHKB with turning DIPSW6 on and off? This switch enable/disables USB remote wakeup function, which is related for wake a computer up from keyboard.

And please try this firmware without media keys, mouse keys and NKRO, which acts as a just very simple 6KRO keyboard. I think this confirms if those functions are culprit or not.

Just tested. Using stock HHKB controller, both DIP6 ON or OFF work fine in EFI mode. I verified with both reboots and full cold starts for each mode.

Offline bamtan

• hi there
« Reply #251 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 03:04:35 »
Thank you for the posting. Nice to know.

As for Sparkfun 2000mAh, I got one from local shop the other day and it does't fit in the place unfortunately.
Show Image

Is it possible to cut out that tiny part thats obstructing the battery? I just received mine and I'm having the same issue (theres no other room to place it)

Offline bamtan

• hi there
« Reply #252 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 04:27:10 »
Thank you for the posting. Nice to know.

As for Sparkfun 2000mAh, I got one from local shop the other day and it does't fit in the place unfortunately.
Show Image

Is it possible to cut out that tiny part thats obstructing the battery? I just received mine and I'm having the same issue (theres no other room to place it)

I just answered my own question, cut it out and it fits! Typing on my bluetoothed HHKB, thanks Hasu!!

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
« Reply #253 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 06:47:43 »
nice and direct solution! :D

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #254 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 21:36:02 »
how does that impact the board stability though? I'm wondering if I can move it out of the way to another region of the board to help but still allow for a much larger or second battery.

I'm also curious, has anyone figured out how to get Mac OSX to read/report the bluetooth battery bar? For some reason its not picking it up from the board or maybe I need to do something to the board to report it to the host?

This is what i'm looking at which i thought would also show up in the top bar of the laptop:

And lastly, How difficult would it be to have some kind of timer to automatically put the board into "sleep" mode if no input is seen for X amount of time? I'm just trying to brainstorm some ideas to make the battery last longer. I cant be the only one that constantly leaves it on and walks away.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 August 2016, 23:31:39 by boostdemon »
-Dana

Offline debiatan

« Reply #255 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 13:05:00 »
A few days ago I ordered a couple of Hasu's alternate HHKB controllers (Pro1 and Pro2, both USB). They arrived yesterday. Setting them up and flashing them was a breeze. Thanks, Hasu!  :)

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #256 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 21:31:56 »
I'm also curious, has anyone figured out how to get Mac OSX to read/report the bluetooth battery bar? For some reason its not picking it up from the board or maybe I need to do something to the board to report it to the host?
Battery report is not supported by the bluetooth module, you cannot get battery status unfortunately.

And lastly, How difficult would it be to have some kind of timer to automatically put the board into "sleep" mode if no input is seen for X amount of time? I'm just trying to brainstorm some ideas to make the battery last longer. I cant be the only one that constantly leaves it on and walks away.
It is not difficult to enter power saving mode after some of unused duration but power saving methods of this bluetooth module is not so useful and effective. It will be impossible(or very difficult) to make it sleep with keeping connection or resume it from sleep quickly.

This module is extremely useful and stable to implement BT keyboard while very power hog or difficult to control for saving power.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #257 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 21:35:32 »
A few days ago I ordered a couple of Hasu's alternate HHKB controllers (Pro1 and Pro2, both USB). They arrived yesterday. Setting them up and flashing them was a breeze. Thanks, Hasu!  :)

Great.
Happy to see Pro1 user! Pro1 has been still my main daily board for decade.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #258 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 22:40:49 »
Battery report is not supported by the bluetooth module, you cannot get battery status unfortunately.

It is not difficult to enter power saving mode after some of unused duration but power saving methods of this bluetooth module is not so useful and effective. It will be impossible(or very difficult) to make it sleep with keeping connection or resume it from sleep quickly.

This module is extremely useful and stable to implement BT keyboard while very power hog or difficult to control for saving power.

Ok so its the bluetooth module on the board that doesn't report batter level - oh well. One day!

As for the "sleep" function... but is it possible? Lets just say if you don't press a key for ~30 minutes it should shut off and you then have to hit a key to wake it up?
I feel like that would be so helpful. Or maybe i just keep going for larger and larger batteries!

Anyway, i just want to say that I absolutely love this mod... hands down one of my favorite things about an HHKB.
-Dana

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #259 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 23:28:44 »
Ok so its the bluetooth module on the board that doesn't report batter level - oh well. One day!

As for the "sleep" function... but is it possible? Lets just say if you don't press a key for ~30 minutes it should shut off and you then have to hit a key to wake it up?
I feel like that would be so helpful. Or maybe i just keep going for larger and larger batteries!

hmm, maybe possible but I think very difficult to get effective power saving without sacrificing typing experience, namely, latency and quickly resuming.

You will have to disconnect current session and turn the module into low power mode to reduce power consumption. But it takes several secs to connect it again when resuming.
Also you can configure Sniff parameter to save battery but it cause latency on typing experience.

You can consult documentations of the module, see 5 Power Management especially.
https://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Wireless/Bluetooth/rn-bluetooth-um.pdf

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #260 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 00:50:21 »

hmm, maybe possible but I think very difficult to get effective power saving without sacrificing typing experience, namely, latency and quickly resuming.

You will have to disconnect current session and turn the module into low power mode to reduce power consumption. But it takes several secs to connect it again when resuming.
Also you can configure Sniff parameter to save battery but it cause latency on typing experience.

You can consult documentations of the module, see 5 Power Management especially.

Yeah that sounds exactly what i'd be wanting to test out. "Sniff" seems to be a bluetooth function that allows for a low power mode that wakes up on its own within milliseconds? Have you tried it and it does not "feel" right? I'm just wondering if we could push this battery life out for days instead of hours.

SW,<hex word> Enable low power SNIFF mode. Default is 0000=disabled. SNIFF mode allows
extreme low power operation. Device goes into a deep sleep, and wakes up every
 625us * <hex word> to send/receive chars.
Example: SW,0050 enables Sniff mode with interval time of 50 milliseconds
 This will cause the module to enter low power sleep, and wake once every 50
milliseconds to check for RF activity. See Section 5.2 for more details on Sniff and
managing power.
-Dana

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #261 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 01:35:32 »

Yeah that sounds exactly what i'd be wanting to test out. "Sniff" seems to be a bluetooth function that allows for a low power mode that wakes up on its own within milliseconds? Have you tried it and it does not "feel" right? I'm just wondering if we could push this battery life out for days instead of hours.

SW,<hex word> Enable low power SNIFF mode. Default is 0000=disabled. SNIFF mode allows
extreme low power operation. Device goes into a deep sleep, and wakes up every
 625us * <hex word> to send/receive chars.
Example: SW,0050 enables Sniff mode with interval time of 50 milliseconds
 This will cause the module to enter low power sleep, and wake once every 50
milliseconds to check for RF activity. See Section 5.2 for more details on Sniff and
managing power.

It was a bit sluggish with noticeable latency when I tried Sniff mode. I decided not to use Sniff mode in default configuration in my firmware.

You can try it easily with using RN42 config mode(LShift+RShift+Del) and 'hid_listen' tool.
Check MANUAL>Bluetooth Controller section in the first post for detail.

Offline ronanjia

« Reply #262 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 20:51:59 »
hi, hasu,

i just PM you yesterday, and i place an order here to buy a BT controller for HHKB Pro2, address in japan will be sent to you as well.
looking forward to receiving from you.

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #263 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 11:05:07 »
Are you planning to support NTC in the near future? Maybe with another revision?

Apart from this it works flawlessly with Android!

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #264 on: Wed, 28 September 2016, 16:21:54 »
Are you planning to support NTC in the near future? Maybe with another revision?

Apart from this it works flawlessly with Android!

What is NTC?

Yes, I prefer Android to iOS, it can accept mousekeys!

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #265 on: Thu, 29 September 2016, 06:06:26 »

Offline cmd

« Reply #266 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 08:57:27 »
Anyone have any issues with hasu controller not being recognized on start up?

(i.e. shutting down > powering on > get the bios error "no keyboard recognized")

Offline nimish

« Reply #267 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 03:56:09 »
interested in the BT for hhkb 2.0 but the power consumption is a bit much. HHKB BT official can get 3 months off 3 AA's. Is there any progress on improving battery life?

Atmel has the SAM B11 modules for very low power BLE SoC, or upgrading the atmega here to one that has onboard USB would be interesting...I'm more of a software than HW person so I couldn't help much on the board design (I'd be happy to learn)

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #268 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 19:28:46 »
Anyone have any issues with hasu controller not being recognized on start up?

(i.e. shutting down > powering on > get the bios error "no keyboard recognized")

Tried another PC? and what's your hardware, like chipset, motherboard and BIOS/UEFI? and what's your OS?
Perhaps NKRO causes this problem, firmware disabling NKRO may work.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #269 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 20:03:54 »
interested in the BT for hhkb 2.0 but the power consumption is a bit much. HHKB BT official can get 3 months off 3 AA's. Is there any progress on improving battery life?

Atmel has the SAM B11 modules for very low power BLE SoC, or upgrading the atmega here to one that has onboard USB would be interesting...I'm more of a software than HW person so I couldn't help much on the board design (I'd be happy to learn)

I think you basically need new hardware design and new module to save power greatly.
In current controller one half of power is consumed for scanning HHKB switches and another for Bluetooth. HHKB switches require 5V, draw around 15-20mA at all times and take long time(10-15ms) to scan all its matrix, it will need new desgin PCB with low voltage and fast capacitive sense method to save more power. Current bluetooth module is very useful and easy to make keyboard while it deosn't take care of power saving much. New modules would be great for power saving and new BT4.x. That said, my firmware is not optimized fully, there is still room to improvement battery life 30-40% longer.

I think PFU HHKB BT uses new fast scanning method with low voltage and Broadcom module well known for very low power drain.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #270 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 22:32:27 »
Does anyone have problem on USB suspend(sleep)/resume(wakeup) and BIOS/EFI with TMK Controller?
I am debuging and updating USB code in repository and wan to get infos on this from users, like which controller you are using, detailed problem description, OS, computer hardware and etc.

Can you sleep computer with keeping  keyboard connected?
Can you wakeup computer with keyboard? Pressing any key on keyboard should wake your computer.
Can you use keyboard normally after wakeup(resume)?

Can you use keyboard normally after reboot?
Can you use keyboard normally on BIOS/UEFI?
Can you use keyboard normally on BIOS/UEFI after reboot?

Thanks.

Offline ronanjia

« Reply #271 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 20:52:05 »
Hi hasu,
    i got it working finally, i bought a battery in china which is 3.7v, 2800mha, the battery size is 80*48*54 which just fit in.
    the MacOS bluetooth did not recognize the keyboard after i switched on the "BT switch", and one LED blinked RED per second which i think is searching for BT signal. But the keyboard was recognized after i charged the battery for a while, so it might be the low voltage which cause the problem or it might be i tried magic command 'p' which fix the problem.

anyway, it works perfect for me! and thank you again for making this great chip!
    btw, the LED lights ORANGE instead RED while charging, is it normal?

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #272 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 22:11:18 »

yeah mine looks orange too while charging... then green when it is full. I think that is normal.
-Dana

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #273 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 23:19:43 »

yeah mine looks orange too while charging... then green when it is full. I think that is normal.

Yes, it is normal. Green(yellow) lights when pluged in USB and Red turns on when charging or low voltage of battery.

And good to know it works with MacOS.

Offline ronanjia

« Reply #274 on: Sat, 08 October 2016, 00:09:08 »
Sys Power(Fn+ESC) key works in USB mode but fails in BT mode

From my iPhone,using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 October 2016, 02:23:49 by ronanjia »

Offline nimish

« Reply #275 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 11:57:56 »

I think you basically need new hardware design and new module to save power greatly.
In current controller one half of power is consumed for scanning HHKB switches and another for Bluetooth. HHKB switches require 5V, draw around 15-20mA at all times and take long time(10-15ms) to scan all its matrix, it will need new desgin PCB with low voltage and fast capacitive sense method to save more power. Current bluetooth module is very useful and easy to make keyboard while it deosn't take care of power saving much. New modules would be great for power saving and new BT4.x. That said, my firmware is not optimized fully, there is still room to improvement battery life 30-40% longer.

I think PFU HHKB BT uses new fast scanning method with low voltage and Broadcom module well known for very low power drain.

hmm thats what i was afraid of...it's relatively easy to change controller/module, but the capsense will be harder to change :(

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #276 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 15:27:35 »
Sys Power(Fn+ESC) key works in USB mode but fails in BT mode

From my iPhone,using Tapatalk

Unfortunately it is another limitation of BT module, it doens't send System Control keys like Power, Wake and Sleep.

Offline ronanjia

« Reply #277 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 20:44:05 »

hey OfTheWild, thanks for that!

and one more thing, with usb cable disconnected, after i switched off the BT mode and switched on again, my hhkb will not auto connect to my MacOS(which the keyboard connected last time), the keyboard icon in my BT setting stays "unconnected", and i have to reconnect it to let it work, is there any way to make it auto connected after i swtiched on?

Offline sidejo

« Reply #278 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 07:16:26 »
Is it possible to map nordic characters like ÆØ  to certain keys? :)

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #279 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 23:25:10 »
Is it possible to map nordic characters like ÆØ  to certain keys? :)
I think it is possible but depends largely on your layout on your OS. Maybe you have to compile yourself to define macro or function. As of now keymap editor won't support this yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Offline Laser

« Reply #280 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 06:47:33 »
Couple of questions for Hasu regarding his alternative controller board for HHKB:

1. I read somewhere (here) that the capacity is not actually read as 0/1, but as a continuous range of values (i.e. "analogic"). 
Is that actuation information available to the alternative controller / TMK firmware? 
I mean, at least in theory, could one setup a "piano mode" in which the HHKB key presses would be read as multiple values per key press? 
Instead of "key pressed", "key released" something like 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4 ... 0.8, 0.9, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 ... 0.9, 0.8, 0.7 ... 0.2, 0.1, 0.0 etc.

2. If I would want to "mod" the HHKB to allow for an extra switch (not Topre), (e.g. to make a split spacebar), can the controller "learn" about this extra switch and use it in the TMK firmware?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 November 2016, 06:50:29 by Laser »

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #281 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 19:58:16 »
Laser,

1. No. This controller reads digital(on/off) switch status from Topre capacitive sensor chip, to get analog status you have to read directly swtich capactive without the Topre chip. You need to modify switch matrix PCB, namely. See this thread, in this project I read real values direlctly from Realforce switches.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=76040.0

2. You have to write code for the extra switch  in C. You can learn TMK code and C if needed.

Offline Laser

« Reply #282 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 05:17:16 »
Laser,

1. No. This controller reads digital(on/off) switch status from Topre capacitive sensor chip, to get analog status you have to read directly swtich capactive without the Topre chip. You need to modify switch matrix PCB, namely. See this thread, in this project I read real values direlctly from Realforce switches.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=76040.0

2. You have to write code for the extra switch  in C. You can learn TMK code and C if needed.

Thanks for answering (and for the link)!

I have no problem with C, and I can learn TMK - but I don't know the hardware aspects ... i.e where do I connect the extra switch to the Controller Board?
(or is it similar as when using extra LEDs, but with pins configured as inputs instead of outputs? - I asked you about extra LEDs some time ago and you told me how to do it - I have it noted somewhere).

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #283 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 06:12:50 »
You can use debug pins near reset switch and ICSP pins  on left of board. Right, those pins can be configured as either input or output.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Offline Laser

« Reply #284 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 07:09:07 »
Thanks! :)

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #285 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 22:24:32 »

and one more thing, with usb cable disconnected, after i switched off the BT mode and switched on again, my hhkb will not auto connect to my MacOS(which the keyboard connected last time), the keyboard icon in my BT setting stays "unconnected", and i have to reconnect it to let it work, is there any way to make it auto connected after i swtiched on?

Mine connects automatically each time I turn it on. I dont have to mess with bluetooth or devices at all.
Even when its not connected it still shows up in my devices like this: http://imgur.com/FbtESL2
(i renamed it to hhkb pro2). It should remember its settings. It does take a while to connect sometimes. I found that I usually need to be logged in when it connects from being asleep.
-Dana

Offline SawyeR

« Reply #286 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 10:26:16 »
My Hasu arrived today. It took 30 minutes to install, configure keymap and flash the firmware. Now my HHKB is 1000 times better!!!

Hasu is a genius.
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 November 2016, 02:19:14 by SawyeR »

Offline andersonht365

« Reply #287 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 22:06:19 »
Hey Hasu,
I have been using the BT controller for about 2 months now and it works great! Thank you!
Is it possible to switch to a different device that my hhkb is paird with, using keystrokes? Similar fashion to how the Logitech MX master handles device pairing?

Sorry if I am unclear, thank you!

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #288 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 23:06:46 »
Hey Hasu,
I have been using the BT controller for about 2 months now and it works great! Thank you!
Is it possible to switch to a different device that my hhkb is paird with, using keystrokes? Similar fashion to how the Logitech MX master handles device pairing?

Sorry if I am unclear, thank you!

Glad to hear it works for you! :D

Unfortunately it is not possible to switch connection between multiple hosts dynamically, this limitation comes from behaviour of BT module :(
The module baiscally connects to host connected the last time automatically, if the last host is not found it tries to connect second last host, thrid one then fourth one...
As far as the last host is searchable, connectable your keyboard keeps connection with it. To connect other host you have to turn off Bluetooth(or keep out of radio range) or delete pairing info of the last host.

Offline ronanjia

« Reply #289 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 21:21:41 »

Mine connects automatically each time I turn it on. I dont have to mess with bluetooth or devices at all.
Even when its not connected it still shows up in my devices like this: http://imgur.com/FbtESL2
(i renamed it to hhkb pro2). It should remember its settings. It does take a while to connect sometimes. I found that I usually need to be logged in when it connects from being asleep.

It connects automatically after several times, i wonder if it is because this BT mod can remember 8 devices connected, so after all the member slots are in use, it can connect automatically! Hahaha

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Offline SawyeR

« Reply #290 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 01:36:15 »
Update: I just discovered that it was an Wacom’s driver issue. Downgraded to the older driver and it works fine now.

Holding Shift and Cmd on my HASU HHKB no longer works in some apps (works fine using built-in Mac keyboard). Shortcuts with Cmd or Shift still work. Does anyone experience this?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 January 2017, 09:18:51 by SawyeR »

Offline testplsignore

• I am one with the Cup Rubber...
« Reply #291 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 19:43:17 »
Is it possible to use the BT without a battery installed?

What I want to do is have the HHKB connected to my PC over USB, and flick the switch when needed to have it connect via BT to my phone, all while powered via the USB on the PC.

Is this possible?

Realforce 10AE 45g Type-S & 55g    HHKB BT & Type-S    Realforce RGB Hype-S    FC980C    FC660C    Filco BT TKL

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #292 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 20:37:48 »
Is it possible to use the BT without a battery installed?

What I want to do is have the HHKB connected to my PC over USB, and flick the switch when needed to have it connect via BT to my phone, all while powered via the USB on the PC.

Is this possible?

Yes, it is possible. You can use the controller without battery and switch between USB and Bluetooth by slide switch or key combo(LShift+RShift+u).

Offline testplsignore

• I am one with the Cup Rubber...
« Reply #293 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 02:16:47 »
Yes, it is possible. You can use the controller without battery and switch between USB and Bluetooth by slide switch or key combo(LShift+RShift+u).

Awesome, that + programmable makes this perfect for me!

Has anyone here in Aus found a local source for the battery? Otherwise is the Adafruit 2000mah the current best option?

Realforce 10AE 45g Type-S & 55g    HHKB BT & Type-S    Realforce RGB Hype-S    FC980C    FC660C    Filco BT TKL

Offline tkim

« Reply #294 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 03:54:06 »
Thanks Hasu for your work on this pcb

I actually noticed that the adafruit 2000 has been out of a stock for a while.

I managed to buy a 1000mah battery from this online retailer (located in Germany)

http://www.exp-tech.de/polymer-lithium-ion-battery-1000mah

But since the cable was a bit short I have a bit of the battery overlapping the PCB  :-[ I'm guessing this shouldn't be done?

My only option is to go with this battery

http://www.exp-tech.de/lipo-akku-2000mah

but the dimensions are : 73mm x 50mm x 5mm

Could this be an issue? or alternatively is there somewhere in Germany I can purchase this battery without paying a shipping cost that exceeds the cost of the initial battery?

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #295 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 04:01:55 »
Thanks Hasu for your work on this pcb

I actually noticed that the adafruit 2000 has been out of a stock for a while.

I managed to buy a 1000mah battery from this online retailer (located in Germany)

http://www.exp-tech.de/polymer-lithium-ion-battery-1000mah

But since the cable was a bit short I have a bit of the battery overlapping the PCB  :-[ I'm guessing this shouldn't be done?

My only option is to go with this battery

http://www.exp-tech.de/lipo-akku-2000mah

but the dimensions are : 73mm x 50mm x 5mm

Could this be an issue? or alternatively is there somewhere in Germany I can purchase this battery without paying a shipping cost that exceeds the cost of the initial battery?

Have you tried aliexpress, free epacket shipping to Germany... all the sizes of the battery you could want ;)

Offline dyrdevil

« Reply #296 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 02:45:15 »
I just installed the BT controller over the holidays - very cool! 
Question:  when connected to my laptop via BT, it seems to interfere with the laptop's wifi.  Is this a common occurrence?  Would it be fixed via firmware, or would it only be the laptop wifi card with the issues?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #297 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 19:58:41 »

Yeah, this BT controller requires a bit long cable  :( I think it is no harm as far as battery is insulated certainly and free from physical stress.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #298 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 20:15:59 »
I just installed the BT controller over the holidays - very cool! 
Question:  when connected to my laptop via BT, it seems to interfere with the laptop's wifi.  Is this a common occurrence?  Would it be fixed via firmware, or would it only be the laptop wifi card with the issues?

I for one didffn't found interference between wifi and bluetooth but it can happen. I just googled for this issue and found some said changing wifi channel mitigates. You can change channel on configuration of your wifi router. Or you can use 5GHz band wifi instead of 2.4GHz which bluetooth uses.

Firmware doesn't have anything to do for this except for changing emitting power, but I think it is small already.

Offline Xe0n0

« Reply #299 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 15:23:22 »
Hi hasu,

Do you have plan to release a version with USB-C port? I broke the usb mini port again and now trying to re soldering it...