Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8580106 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #350 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 20:22:22 »
It's simple. We kill the Click Clack.

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!one!!!!!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #351 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 21:14:59 »
So what's the best Clack sale methodology?

Drawing - too open to abuse.

4grabs - too open to people whose email server is geographically closest to CC's email server (dat 2 second window!).

Dibs - only the chosen few.

EK retail without drawing - CC and his gnomes would have to make thousands of each one, so they would no longer be as special.

No worries, no matter how clacks are sold, someone will complain
Yup. I'm in Canada and have the slowest Internet package I can get through cable and I've gotten in so I dunno if it's a major deal breaker really.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #352 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 21:44:28 »

4grabs - too open to people whose email server is geographically closest to CC's email server (dat 2 second window!).

EK retail without drawing - CC and his gnomes would have to make thousands of each one, so they would no longer be as special.

Yup. I'm in Canada and have the slowest Internet package I can get through cable and I've gotten in so I dunno if it's a major deal breaker really.

Thinking of those in third world countries (internet-wise), like Australia ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #353 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 22:02:17 »
Yea I clock in at about 4mbps on speedtest.net on a good day.

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #354 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 22:08:47 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #355 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 22:22:26 »

Lucky you.

My max is about 1.7Mbps is the phone line is not playing up, otherwise it could be anything down to about 300Kbps.

Which is still faster than dialup, but then the message (to CC) has to wind its way through numerous local servers, then across something ocean, and then through another maze of servers to reach CC.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #356 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 22:24:50 »

Lucky you.

My max is about 1.7Mbps is the phone line is not playing up, otherwise it could be anything down to about 300Kbps.

Which is still faster than dialup, but then the message (to CC) has to wind its way through numerous local servers, then across something ocean, and then through another maze of servers to reach CC.

Feel your pain mate, best I could get at my last residence was 1.2Mbps, so much happier getting 6mbps now. Bloody liberals ruined everything.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #357 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 22:32:04 »

Lucky you.

Feel your pain mate, best I could get at my last residence was 1.2Mbps, so much happier getting 6mbps now. Bloody liberals ruined everything.

I'm happy with the occasional 1.7Mbps for now (until the phone line craps out again).

Last place I was in got 300Kbps max (too far from the exchange).

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #358 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 22:36:43 »
Hmmm so I guess I won't mention that later this month I switch to 50mbps fibre optic connection. I'm sure that wouldn't help you feel any better.... Oops.... Silly me...

Hey, no hard feelings alright Rowdy?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #359 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 22:42:51 »
Hmmm so I guess I won't mention that later this month I switch to 50mbps fibre optic connection. I'm sure that wouldn't help you feel any better.... Oops.... Silly me...

Hey, no hard feelings alright Rowdy?

No, all good, I know what my limits are :))

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #360 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 22:42:54 »
this thread has a sever deficit of surprise Clackfactory posts

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #361 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 22:48:51 »
This is like the rehab portion of this therapy thread. And like any good rehab, we need someone to sneak in the stuff man!!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #362 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 00:53:23 »

Why would he?

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #363 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 00:54:45 »

Why would he?
Too busy making clarks.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #364 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 01:06:22 »

Why would he?
Too busy making clarks.

Here's hoping :D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #365 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 02:02:04 »

Why would he?
Too busy making clarks.

It's always nice to see him pop in and watch everyone cum all over their boards, though.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #366 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 03:05:05 »

Why would he?
Too busy making clarks.

It's always nice to see him pop in and watch everyone cum all over their boards, though.

Sometimes I wonder if he becomes vexed with all the bickering that inevitably occurs around each CC sale.

And probably gets requests to make custom Skulls all the time.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #367 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 03:36:42 »

Why would he?
Too busy making clarks.

Sometimes I wonder if he becomes vexed with all the bickering that inevitably occurs around each CC sale.

And probably gets requests to make custom Skulls all the time.

I have human femur and have asked him. No response. Maybe if you all PM him at once...

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #368 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 04:29:43 »
I hope I never need this therapy thread.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #369 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 15:46:09 »
I have a sickness and the Doctor gave me a prescription for moar Clacks.  I'd like to scan it over to teh Clack Factory.  Do CC's gnomes have a fax machine?  Or is it all by email now?
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #370 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 15:50:55 »
I have a sickness and the Doctor gave me a prescription for moar Clacks.  I'd like to scan it over to teh Clack Factory.  Do CC's gnomes have a fax machine?  Or is it all by email now?
Pager may be an option?

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #371 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 11:26:23 »
where can I book a guided tour through the clackfactory?

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #372 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 11:30:35 »

You need to find a golden ticket for that...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #373 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 11:32:23 »

do I have to buy chocolate or more clacks to find it?

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #374 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 11:33:10 »

That's the catch, you can only get a ticket when you give *me* a clack.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #375 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 11:34:59 »

Chocolate Clacks. Limited time offer, max 5 per customer per transaction. Once they're gone, they're gone forever!
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #376 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 11:35:23 »

btw, with whom did you sleep to get that star?

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #377 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 11:36:37 »

kawa. I'll never forget it.

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #378 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 11:38:20 »

I heard brazil is famous for its shemales... maybe that explains it

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #379 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 11:39:34 »

Chocolate Clacks. Limited time offer, max 5 per customer per transaction. Once they're gone, they're gone forever!

I once saw a chocolate brown blank clack in a big collection... but forgot who was the owner

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #380 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 11:40:12 »

I heard brazil is famous for its shemales... maybe that explains it

If you say so...

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #381 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 08:22:43 »
In need of some Clack therapy atm...

Had a dream that I had three Clack skulls (a 3D CC, a HO, and a Tri-colored black/red/yellow eyes) and then my cousin stole them from me and destroyed them by covering them partially with masking tape and painting them all with black water-based paint.

I woke up in a cold sweat, only to remember that I have no Clacks...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #382 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 14:09:22 »

Had a dream that I had three Clack skulls (a 3D CC, a HO, and a Tri-colored black/red/yellow eyes) and then my cousin stole them from me and destroyed them by covering them partially with masking tape and painting them all with black water-based paint.

If it was a water-based paint, at least it would wash off.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #383 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 14:20:29 »

If my cousin did that to my Clacks, I would kick his @ss.  Even if it was just a nightmare, he would still catch a beating IRL.  Don't mess with a man's Clacks.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #384 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 16:57:14 »
Never rustle a man's Clacks!

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #385 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 17:10:51 »
The only solution to this addiction is to shift your attention to other things :)  Though sometimes I think Clack collection is just a social status phenomenon.  In which case... still find some other things to work on, like restore old keyboards, mod existing ones, start a houseplant collection to clean your air, etc.  Novelty caps are overrated!
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 October 2013, 17:12:46 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #386 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 17:15:16 »
Spot on, once I sold all of my CCs my life returned to normal and now I  have much nicer things.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #387 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 18:04:27 »
Spot on, once I sold all of my CCs my life returned to normal and now I  have much nicer things.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++1

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #388 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 18:40:00 »
Sell clacks for money for brobots XD

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #389 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 19:12:56 »
Sell all your Clarks to me at retail to solve all your problems and not feel guilty afterwards!

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #390 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 19:23:31 »
Sell all your Clarks to me at retail to solve all your problems and not feel guilty afterwards!
I'll take some of that action. I really don't care what anyone thinks about clacks, I like them and will continue to try and get more. I'm at peace with that.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #391 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 07:55:50 »
I'll take some of that action. I really don't care what anyone thinks about clacks, I like them and will continue to try and get more. I'm at peace with that.

Step 1.  Admit that you are powerless over Clacks.
tp thread is tp thread

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #392 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 00:28:20 »
^precisely

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #393 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 04:08:11 »
Step 2 : Give all your clacks to me :3

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #394 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 04:45:44 »
Step 3: Give any duplicates to Rowdy!

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #395 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 10:35:05 »
Step 4: Uhhh, vnm
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #396 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 00:30:32 »
Doesn't it seem like some of the rarer colors are more plentiful in Topre? At least that's what I'm seeing lately.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #397 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 01:01:12 »
Or maybe just that those with Topre boards and rare Clacks happen to be selling them just at the moment?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #398 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 15:20:45 »
* spamray lies down on therapy couch

http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?pid=cf_5t_sku_grg

^^ Am I the only one who sees that one as looking like a nice cold class of mountain dew :o

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #399 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 15:24:51 »
Looks like a delicious jelly to me.