Author Topic: Generic touchpad patent sues  (Read 1869 times)

Offline o2dazone

Generic touchpad patent sues
« on: Wed, 22 July 2009, 21:39:23 »
http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/tsera-sues-microsft-apple-and-many-more-over-touchpad-patent-infringement-20090722/

Hilarious. I'm getting tired of this whole "I got a great idea let me patent it!." What happened to actually having a proof of concept, instead of just an idea. Reminds me of the movie Young Einstein where he wanted to patent 'E=mc^2', when asked for a proof of concept he says "Well it's all in my head". They respond with "Well, what shall we do sir? Patent your head??" Haha...

...anyways, I think the USPTO is getting a little out of control, and I find it hilarious that just now, Tsera has found their patent has been violated. It sounds a bit more like what their patent covers is 'gestures' more than just tapping on a screen, which should be interesting for Fingerworks and the likes.

Offline JBert

Generic touchpad patent sues
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 23 July 2009, 13:09:55 »
Typical patent troll hilarity. Take a snack and have a seat.
IBM Model F XT + Soarer's USB Converter || Cherry G80-3000/Clears

The storage list:
IBM Model F AT || Cherry G80-3000/Blues || Compaq MX11800 (Cherry brown, bizarre layout) || IBM KB-8923 (model M-style RD) || G81-3010 Hxx || BTC 5100C || G81-3000 Sxx || Atari keyboard (?)

Currently ignored by: nobody?

Disclaimer: we don\'t help you save money on [strike]keyboards[/strike] hardware, rather we make you feel less bad about your expense.
[/SIZE]