Author Topic: Wash that mousepad, young man!  (Read 2413 times)

Offline ironcoder

Wash that mousepad, young man!
« on: Sun, 30 August 2009, 07:53:24 »
By now we all know of the practice among keyboard cognoscenti to wash certain keyboards in the dishwasher.

I recently decided my gel mousepads were so dusty (I live in a rocky, mountainous desert area and am also a snuff taker) that I had to try this. Someone should pay me to torture test sealed equipment. My office is a total mess within a day of a heroic cleaning.

Ok so I actually threw my gel mousepads into the washing machine with a cool, short wash and a little laundry soap.

Excellent, they come out better than new. Amazingly they even stick to my desk and carts like before. However, after a couple of weeks they are back to their old selfs. I can see this will have to be a bi-monthly ritual.

This is a lot safer and cheaper than washing your keyboard! The cleansing effect will probably last a lot longer for you than me.
In the office: Filco 87 Cherry Browns x 2 (one with coffee damage, recovered) ● Lexmark IBM Model M 52G9658 1993 & 1996

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
Wash that mousepad, young man!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 30 August 2009, 10:48:46 »
I wonder if that would work with other types of mouse-pads.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS