Author Topic: Clothes thread  (Read 74086 times)

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
Re: Clothes thread
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 16:48:37 »

Can I get a link to those? They look awesome.
They are called "björn borg alec" dunno if it's availible in the US tho. Could proxy if you want me to

If I didn't already have a pair of boots, I'd take you up on that. Thanks though.
Yeah if I take a fashionable winter pic I'll make sure to include them! :)
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 17:25:09 »
well hmm, I am thinking like these:
http://www.vivobarefoot.com/uk/mens/porto-mens?colour=Black
and I don't see any other companies making serious attempts at actually nice shoes with thin flexible soles.
http://www.vivobarefoot.com/uk/mens/bannister-mens?colour=Black
are also quite nice.
a bit diff from what I usually wear but still the nicest I can find.

Those 2nd ones are just a Common Projects clone.

right. but they got super thin flexible sole, "barefoot", way thinner than common projects. which is what I'm after.

Offline iri

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 17:31:43 »
oh look, another shoes thread.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Saf_Rimons

• Industrial Designer
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 17:51:08 »
A fashion thread filled with geeks.... Hmmm not sure if this will work well. I guess cool cats with cool keyboards can have good style. Anyways, I saw some people talking about jeans and that is something I am also really into. I'm a huge fan of selvedge and raw denim... Especially on the heavier side of demin. I'm looking to get a pair of Edwin's unwashed rainbow selvedge: http://www.endclothing.com/brands/edwin/edwin-ed-80-slim-rainbow-selvedge-jean.html and maybe something heavier like on the 16 oz. and up. Not sure yet. Alsio, is there anyone here that is into streetwear? Not necessarily Supreme and all that, it can be anything streetwear related.

OLKB Planck Lo-Pro

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 19:02:38 »
If you want rainbow selvedge, you gotta go with Naked & Famous's offerings. They're awesome. I'm 3 months into a pair of N&F "dirty fade" 13.5 oz.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Saf_Rimons

• Industrial Designer
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 19:23:10 »
If you want rainbow selvedge, you gotta go with Naked & Famous's offerings. They're awesome. I'm 3 months into a pair of N&F "dirty fade" 13.5 oz.

I know, I love Naked and Famous but I was planning on giving Edwin a try only because I have heard really nice things and I had a pair of N&F jeans that I loved. Like keyboards, I love trying out different jeans from different companies. Right now I have been working on a pair of J Brand raw's that are starting to come in nicely. I love the slim fit that they offer.. I think it's the Tyler? Not sure, but if you get a chance you should check them out. Definitely on the more expensive side... closer to $200 but very nice quality. Haven't noticed signs of crotch blow-out yet. Crossing my fingers.

OLKB Planck Lo-Pro

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 19:28:31 »
My N&Fs are holding up quite well. Daily wear for 3 months, and the only serious issue is that it they're fading how I'd like them to.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Saf_Rimons

• Industrial Designer
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 19:39:36 »

That 20 oz. denim though... These could probably stand up on their own. Must be really annoying to break in but then they are probably butter after that.

OLKB Planck Lo-Pro

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 18:35:53 »
received much thermal clothing today

will post pics tomorrow if i'm not too bogged down with college applications/school stuff

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 16:37:53 »
Where all the pics at in this thread?  WHAT IS THIS!? >:D

I'll throw up some WAYWT/OOTD pics after I finish moving.  Let's see some of dat swag I know you guys got.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 16:39:40 »
Where all the pics at in this thread?  WHAT IS THIS!? >:D

I'll throw up some WAYWT/OOTD pics after I finish moving.  Let's see some of dat swag I know you guys got.

I'm too lazy to take fit pics

I'll take one tomorrow especially for you.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 16:40:23 »
I'm too lazy to take fit pics

I'll take one tomorrow especially for you.

:-*

It's winter.  It should be easy to get some interesting layering going on.  I'm curious to see what everyone here rocks.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 16:48:51 »
Damn, and there I was being all stylish today.
I'll try to remember to shoot some pics next time.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline iri

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 06:22:05 »
how about a t-shirt that can pew-pew lazors?

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 11:56:28 »
http://imgur.com/a/YEvVY

TOLD YOU I'D TAKE THEM

Offline Saf_Rimons

• Industrial Designer
« Reply #65 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 14:52:31 »

OLKB Planck Lo-Pro

Offline blackbox

« Reply #66 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 15:10:50 »
t-shirts all year, and most of the form thinkgeek.com
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #67 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 17:59:52 »

received more socks

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #68 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 18:12:57 »
I wear GH hoodie for clothes. 

And no mirrors tall enough, so no full height pictures...  :(

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #69 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 19:19:38 »
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 15:57:01 »
http://imgur.com/a/YEvVY

TOLD YOU I'D TAKE THEM

:thumb:  Digging the look.

Show Image

received more socks

Sooocccckkkssss.  Where are those from?

Show Image

I love hoodies.  Wish I could just lounge around in them all the time.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 16:00:48 »
It's December and it's 80 degrees today in SoCal.  Going back to the old standard of khakis/chinos and a button up.  Lighting sucks but here's the list:

- J.A.C.H.S. button up
- Superdry pants
- Coach leather hi tops
- Kiel James Patrick Anchor bracelet
- Prada frames

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 17:33:15 »
I dig that shirt. It looks really comfortable.

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 17:37:05 »
Daily attire:

Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 17:38:24 »
I dig that shirt. It looks really comfortable.

Yeah, it's soft as hell.  I love it.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 17:41:49 »
Pink.... sigh........ it's such a troll color......

On a female, it says,  Fk-me..

On a male, it says, look at me, look at me, I'm a rebel..  Yea ok.. you're a rebel.. in the first world, you've never killed anyone, you live in a country that oppresses all other countries..

sigh.................

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 17:44:38 »
TIL you have to kill people to be a rebel.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 17:45:42 »

GH is full of information.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 17:48:55 »

This is a sentence I wrote in my personal statement for college.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 17:50:49 »

Woops.

RIP college dreams

:))

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 17:53:36 »

Woops.

RIP college dreams

:))

Everyone I've shown it to has loved it, so that should say something.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 17:57:00 »
Yes.. you have to kill people to be a rebel.. OR die..  someone has to die.. 

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 17:59:40 »

Can brain cells die?

Okay, this is super off topic.  :|

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 18:01:37 »
It needs to get colder so I can layer up.  Rock some scarves and ****.  WHY THE HELL IS IT SO WARM IN DECEMBER!?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 18:04:23 »
It needs to get colder so I can layer up.  Rock some scarves and ****.  WHY THE HELL IS IT SO WARM IN DECEMBER!?

It was kinda chilly here today. I've been wearing a hoodie under my parka, and I think I need to add in a thermal shirt in favor of a t-shirt now.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 18:04:55 »

Is there seriously ever a time where a *scarf* is appropriate??   :eek:

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 18:05:41 »
A scarf is always appropriate.

Swag.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #87 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 18:06:35 »

Is there seriously ever a time where a *scarf* is appropriate??   :eek:

I've seen people wearinging full overcoats in 55 degree weather in some places. I think it gets down that low in February there. I'm going in a few weeks, will update.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #88 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 18:30:31 »

Can brain cells die?

Okay, this is super off topic.  :|

YES.. i know this because of drinking..

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 18:35:04 »

Show Image

girthy pic Hoff

I got this sweater last week along with another winter one from Old Navy

« Last Edit: Mon, 08 December 2014, 18:38:27 by billnye420 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #90 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 19:16:45 »
top one meh

bottom one great

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 19:28:02 »

Show Image

girthy pic Hoff

Show Image

I got this sweater last week along with another winter one from Old Navy

Show Image

I actually like the top one a lot.  Then again, I think penguins are hilarious, so...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 15:33:23 »
hat game improving

http://imgur.com/a/Zv8M2

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #93 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 16:59:21 »

It's that flannel time of year
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 18:00:07 »
It's December and it's 80 degrees today in SoCal.  Going back to the old standard of khakis/chinos and a button up.  Lighting sucks but here's the list:

- J.A.C.H.S. button up
- Superdry pants
- Coach leather hi tops
- Kiel James Patrick Anchor bracelet
- Prada frames

Show Image

jeremy lin, is that you ?
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 17:15:19 »
hat game improving

http://imgur.com/a/Zv8M2

That hat...I like that hat.

Show Image

It's that flannel time of year

Flannel for the win. :thumb:

jeremy lin, is that you ?

Everyone always says this. :(

Woke up late, today.  Threw this on real quick and was out the door.  Mix of Zara and Michael Kors pieces.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 17:22:06 »
Uniqlo ftw.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 17:23:53 »
I like the cardigan! :thumb:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 17:51:57 »
That cardigan is awesome.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 17:56:52 »
I love chunky cardigans and sweaters.  So warm, so comfy, such style.  Much wow.