Author Topic: [GB] SKB75, SKB65 & SKB60 / GB CONCLUDED  (Read 369053 times)

Offline Zuology

• Why does this rabbit-hole have so many side-quests
Re: [GB] SKB75 & SKB60 (Standard, WKL, HHKB, YAS and ORTHOLINEAR)
« Reply #200 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 10:14:09 »
Also, question for anyone reading: does anyone have any good suggestions for PCBs that have south-facing LEDs? The Tada68 board has north-facing LEDs, which causes cherry profile R3 caps to hit the top of the switch, creating an unpleasant sound. The M65 PCB has south facing, but it's sold out, and the other options seem to be sold out as well.

If not, I can use xda/dsa or something else I guess :rolleyes:

switches in the wrong orientation? oh yes, this is something that extremely annoys me as well. the satan pcb which is in two of my builds is done in this fashion as well. but as far as I can tell cherry profile abs doubleshot keycaps (GMK) don't hit the switch housing. this only happens with very thick pbt keycas and only some of a set. enjoy pbt for example, only on some modifier keys.

Is the north-facing LED issue still an actual current issue? I feel like this was an issue a while ago, but there are now smaller/more compact LED sizes that do not interfere like the older standard LED sizes.
"Cherry MX switches are made for flangeless 3mm LEDs; 2x3x4mm LEDs work too, as well as 1.8mm LEDs." is from a quick search I found in this thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62943.msg1475318#msg1475318

The 2x3x4 and 1.8mm LEDs now available are both suggested options for under-switch LEDs for the Kailh Box designed switches (tightly mounted/soldered to PCB to fit switch over), which is a very small/tight tolerance/clearance. I would surmise those LED sizes would not have the issues that started the whole north-facing LED conflict with Cherry profile r3 switches. It's an old out-dated issue, IMO, and keeps recirculating without much basis nowadays.
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)
Full+: Clueboard Double 1800 (Vint Clears) | IBM Model M | IBM Model F XT

Offline Draic

« Reply #201 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 11:06:08 »
The 2x3x4 and 1.8mm LEDs now available are both suggested options for under-switch LEDs for the Kailh Box designed switches (tightly mounted/soldered to PCB to fit switch over), which is a very small/tight tolerance/clearance. I would surmise those LED sizes would not have the issues that started the whole north-facing LED conflict with Cherry profile r3 switches. It's an old out-dated issue, IMO, and keeps recirculating without much basis nowadays.
2x3x4 gives issues with cherry profile (tried it about a year ago). 1.8mm works fine.

Offline TyrionLannister

« Reply #202 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 12:36:56 »
It’s an issue even without LEDs, but especially with 2x3x4 ones. Has to do with the switch orientation itself. If you’re using silent switches, it’s extremely noticeable. Tactile/clicks, much less so, since it’s already a symphony of clacks.

The issue is (depending how you label the rows) on the “tab” /QWERTY row.

So, either use a different profile keycap with silent switches, or cherry profile with tactile/clicks. The one combo that doesn’t work is silent + cherry profile.

Again, not the end of the world. Just was curious if anyone had other suggestions. Thanks for the boards that were suggested!

Offline hansichen

« Reply #203 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 13:16:11 »
I just tested it on my non led north facing silent black build with og cherry caps and I can't notice a real difference on my board

Offline Zuology

« Reply #204 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 16:25:26 »
It’s an issue even without LEDs, but especially with 2x3x4 ones. Has to do with the switch orientation itself. If you’re using silent switches, it’s extremely noticeable. Tactile/clicks, much less so, since it’s already a symphony of clacks.

The issue is (depending how you label the rows) on the “tab” /QWERTY row.

So, either use a different profile keycap with silent switches, or cherry profile with tactile/clicks. The one combo that doesn’t work is silent + cherry profile.

Again, not the end of the world. Just was curious if anyone had other suggestions. Thanks for the boards that were suggested!

Interesting, will have to test it from my side, having never "naturally" running into this problem myself. I had presumed it would be the R3 row (how I count it, "caps lock" ASDF) that would interfere, given that it is the lowest and "flattest" row profile, giving the least clearance. Makes sense that the 2x3x4 would cause issue since it is so squared off and blocky.
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)

Offline Anakey

« Reply #205 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 17:16:38 »
there is always the option of putting the 2x3x4 LEDS actually inside the switches so they then will not interefere with the keycaps and will still allow the light through the gap or through the whole housing if it is transparent.

Offline PlastikSchnittstelle

« Reply #206 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 08:38:25 »
Did some new illustrations of the different versions (also see the imgur album). SKB65 is already included there but I'm not jet ready to add it to the google order form. Hope the option will be ready by the end of this week.
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 May 2018, 10:41:25 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #207 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 09:11:32 »
Did some new illustrations of the different versions (also see the imgur album). SKB65 is already included there but I'm not jet ready to add it to the google order form. Hope the option will be ready by the end of this week.
Show Image
Show Image

Beautiful work :-*

« Reply #208 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 09:47:30 »
Show Image
Show Image

Beautiful work :-*

Thanks, happy to hear that, especially coming from you  ;D

« Reply #209 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 05:52:11 »
UPDATE (regarding prices):

Just wanted to let you all know, that there are over 100 orders now (⁓110). That means the lowest price point is unlocked. We are past 100 since some time now already but the reason I didn't let you know this until now was because I didn't ever expect to reach this number and therefore the prices for 100+ were a rough estimate. So I had to get new prices in order to check if I can actually keep the announced prices for 100+. This took time. Now I can tell you, that the prices for 100+ are correct! So we are now at:
128€ for all SKB60 versions
145€ for the SKB75

The SKB65 will be 138€, I still need some more time before I can add it to the order form (checking out if it's possible to offer you a PCB along with it).

Also good news for everyone who ordered an extra plate. They are 30€ right now but they will get cheaper. I'll try to offer extra plates as cheap as possible, closer to 20€. Next week I will be able to name the exact price and then update it in the order form.

Just to be prepared I will calculate another price point for 150+ units. Will take me at least another week before I can update you on that.

« Reply #210 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 05:54:52 »
UPDATE (regarding the coating of the plates):

Like I told you I wasn't happy with the thickness of the powder-coating. Switches have to snap nicely into the cutouts of course and with powder-coating this can not be guaranteed evenly throughout all parts/cutouts. This is why I was exploring other methods. The solution is black galvanizing. This guarantees a super thin layer and it looks really nice.
Of course I could have just said "hey, **** the coating, I'll just leave the plates blank" but NO! The fact that the plate is black and doesn't reflect through the gaps between the caps is very important to me and it makes a huge difference imo.
I'm trying to get another sample, not sure if I can manage to get it soon.

Offline Data

« Reply #211 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 08:23:23 »
You might check out Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) and Cerakote.  Both are known for dimensionally thin coatings where part tolerance is critical.  They're also probably an order of magnitude more expensive than typical powder coat, however.   :-[

Cerakote is notoriously expensive.

Edit: For what it's worth, I'd be perfectly content with a nice powder coat.  The Cherry MX cutout should allow for a tolerance of 0.004 inches, which is well within the limits of most powder coats on metal (60-80 microns).
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 May 2018, 08:34:07 by Data »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #212 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 13:07:37 »
You might check out Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) and Cerakote.  Both are known for dimensionally thin coatings where part tolerance is critical.  They're also probably an order of magnitude more expensive than typical powder coat, however.   :-[

Cerakote is notoriously expensive.

Edit: For what it's worth, I'd be perfectly content with a nice powder coat.  The Cherry MX cutout should allow for a tolerance of 0.004 inches, which is well within the limits of most powder coats on metal (60-80 microns).

pvd is the expensive one, all the cerakote quotes i got for 1 color were about equal with the ones i got for powdercoating
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline TheMilkmen

« Reply #213 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 14:06:32 »
I absolutely love this case and have the money to get a 60%, except for that God awful shipping price to the US. I'd most likely be in for this if there was a better shipping option or a US proxy by chance, but either way I love this design and good luck moving further!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #214 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 14:15:49 »
I absolutely love this case and have the money to get a 60%, except for that God awful shipping price to the US. I'd most likely be in for this if there was a better shipping option or a US proxy by chance, but either way I love this design and good luck moving further!

it's no worse than the price of any other case shipping to US

if it hits 100 MOQ (a think that i am confident of ) then it's 200USD shipped, which is a ****ing bargain

and even at 40 MOQ it's 240 USD shipped, which is cheaper than any top mount case i've ever seen
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

« Reply #215 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 14:24:01 »

Hey thanks!

The 40€ pricing I mention in start post are a bit of a downer for US people, that's true. But the most orders from a single country come from the US - by far. There is also the 16€ option that I haven't mentioned in the start post (also see some discussion about this a few pages back). Also some have contacted me offering help regarding proxy shipping to the US. The shipping is something I will work out later (and of course more detailed before the payment phase) but I can tell you that I will find a way to work out a shipping solution for the US that is much more affordable than 40€ - promised!

Offline Zuology

« Reply #216 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 22:41:01 »

Hey thanks!

The 40€ pricing I mention in start post are a bit of a downer for US people, that's true. But the most orders from a single country come from the US - by far. There is also the 16€ option that I haven't mentioned in the start post (also see some discussion about this a few pages back). Also some have contacted me offering help regarding proxy shipping to the US. The shipping is something I will work out later (and of course more detailed before the payment phase) but I can tell you that I will find a way to work out a shipping solution for the US that is much more affordable than 40€ - promised!

Awesome, on both the quantity of orders and the potential for proxy/lower cost shipping options to USA! Still planning on cross-listing this on r/mk & r/mechmarket? I feel like you could easily get another 50 orders from that alone, especially with all the new artwork and body of images/renders you have amassed at this point!
More

Offline blighty

« Reply #217 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 10:28:09 »

Hey thanks!

Hopefully we will have an option to not use a proxy as well.  I personally don't think saving $20 is worth the extra weeks it would take the proxy to receive and ship (or not ship, due to "personal issues") the kits. 
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline kim-kim

« Reply #218 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 06:17:35 »

Just wanted to let you all know, that there are over 100 orders now (⁓110). That means the lowest price point is unlocked. We are past 100 since some time now already but the reason I didn't let you know this until now was because I didn't ever expect to reach this number and therefore the prices for 100+ were a rough estimate. So I had to get new prices in order to check if I can actually keep the announced prices for 100+. This took time. Now I can tell you, that the prices for 100+ are correct! So we are now at:
128€ for all SKB60 versions
145€ for the SKB75

The SKB65 will be 138€, I still need some more time before I can add it to the order form (checking out if it's possible to offer you a PCB along with it).

Also good news for everyone who ordered an extra plate. They are 30€ right now but they will get cheaper. I'll try to offer extra plates as cheap as possible, closer to 20€. Next week I will be able to name the exact price and then update it in the order form.

Just to be prepared I will calculate another price point for 150+ units. Will take me at least another week before I can update you on that.

does SKB60 ortho version pass the MOQ? Just want to know  ;)

« Reply #219 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 09:44:42 »
Still planning on cross-listing this on r/mk & r/mechmarket? I feel like you could easily get another 50 orders from that alone, especially with all the new artwork and body of images/renders you have amassed at this point!

YES, still this applies. So not before I hold new parts in my hands that prove to me all details are fine. Only then I will make the reddit post.

Timeline:
- get new parts
- if fine, then reddit
- then payment

I will not start collecting your money before I can assure everything works out as expected. Even if that means pushing back payment phase another two weeks - which I don't hope for.

« Reply #220 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 09:49:36 »
Hopefully we will have an option to not use a proxy as well.  I personally don't think saving $20 is worth the extra weeks it would take the proxy to receive and ship (or not ship, due to "personal issues") the kits.

you won't be forced to go via proxy.

« Reply #221 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 09:53:21 »

eight orders for ortho so far. we need at least ten, that is the absolute minimum.

Offline aydio

« Reply #222 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 11:56:08 »

eight orders for ortho so far. we need at least ten, that is the absolute minimum.

Chipped in as well - don't make me consider building a third OLKB so we can meet the MOQ  :)) kidding aside, I'd be heartbroken if we don't hit the MOQ, especially since it's so difficult to find cases that perfectly fit the XD75. I really need to get rid of the KPRepublic steel case, doesn't look as nice as I had hoped. Also, who doesn't want a keyboard-turned panzer?

Offline Zuology

« Reply #223 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 12:14:03 »

Chipped in as well - don't make me consider building a third OLKB so we can meet the MOQ  :)) kidding aside, I'd be heartbroken if we don't hit the MOQ, especially since it's so difficult to find cases that perfectly fit the XD75. I really need to get rid of the KPRepublic steel case, doesn't look as nice as I had hoped. Also, who doesn't want a keyboard-turned panzer?

Out of pure curiosity as a non-ortho user, why does it seem like Ortho layout boards are always flat angle/no incline? Is this because you guys ("You people!") are usually using flat-profile keycaps like XDA/DSA/3SA for layout compatibility? Or is it in tandem with the ethos that Ortho is better for ergonomics, and incline is also bad for ergonomics?

I'm just thinking about the relatively newer GBs for sculpted cherry-profile blanks (JTK Red Riot, GMK Mondrian), in tandem with the adjustable incline on the SKB case as being a relatively new set of options that might make it appealing to others who usually shy away from Ortho (myself included). It's becoming more clear that the SKB Ortho plate option is a unique option that isn't available anywhere else, period (top-mounted nowhere else, incline options limited to the few 60% cases that will fit the XD75 without interference).
More

Offline Anakey

« Reply #224 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 12:44:41 »
i think the main reason why ortho boards tend to be flat is that they are designed to be very small and compact. If one were to put feet on it etc then it would compromise the travel in a back pocket go anywhare appeal of the ortho boards.  that said i myself have put the aluminium cone feet on my planck as i can't use a completely flat profile.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #225 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 12:52:52 »

Just popping by to say you're doing an amazing job with this project - I'm very glad it's going as well as it is and you definitely deserve the success it is seeing; the prices are extremely enticing as is and I'm expectant for the 150 unit price point that you're working on, getting it even lower than it already is will be pretty surreal.

Definitely in for YAS (which is a project I also hold dear) and I appreciate you not wanting to half ass the plate, it's important to me too.

Offline binnie

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #226 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 01:54:31 »
I want to join this GB but I don't have any experience with importation (I live in USA). Would that 40 euro shipping estimation include import fees? Does DHL handle that kind of stuff? I think I have the money to spend on keyboard stuff right now but I just don't want to get shocked with customs charges when it arrives haha.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #227 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 02:18:19 »
I want to join this GB but I don't have any experience with importation (I live in USA). Would that 40 euro shipping estimation include import fees? Does DHL handle that kind of stuff? I think I have the money to spend on keyboard stuff right now but I just don't want to get shocked with customs charges when it arrives haha.

not a problem in USA, it doesn't cost enough to get customs charges

under 10k, no charges

« Reply #228 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 06:27:55 »
found the time to export the order data. a list of all the orders so far. now you can check yours:

Offline tiydal

« Reply #229 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 11:34:55 »
Submitted my order for a 60, But ill change it to a 65 when you add that to the form.

Regarding PCB, could you use the tada PCB? or kbdfans is working on the yd68?

Offline macken

« Reply #230 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 19:09:46 »
Have been looklng for a nice case for a 75 and stumbled upon this one. And in the EU, so no extra cost with duties and vat. Think my Pulse caps are gonna love this.

Offline Harms

« Reply #231 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 19:25:04 »
Changing my order to a 65 as well when the form is updated.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

« Reply #232 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 03:31:48 »

Yes, the TADA fits perfectly fine. Basically any 65% PCB you can find will fit.

Here is a list of the 65% PCB options that are available:
- 65% RGB Underglow PCB from Sentraq (QMK, white PCB)
- M65-A PCB from Keyclack (QMK or PS2AVR, black PCB)
- Tada68 PCB from KBDfans (QMK, white PCB)
- 22mini-B PCB from Winkeyless (PS2AVR, white PCB)

« Reply #233 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 03:32:51 »
Have been looklng for a nice case for a 75 and stumbled upon this one. And in the EU, so no extra cost with duties and vat. Think my Pulse caps are gonna love this.

I'm sure my pulse caps will love it as well ;)

Offline tiydal

« Reply #234 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 03:40:26 »

Yes, the TADA fits perfectly fine. Basically any 65% PCB you can find will fit.

Here is a list of the 65% PCB options that are available:
- 65% RGB Underglow PCB from Sentraq (QMK, white PCB)
- M65-A PCB from Keyclack (QMK or PS2AVR, black PCB)
- Tada68 PCB from KBDfans (QMK, white PCB)
- 22mini-B PCB from Winkeyless (PS2AVR, white PCB)

Okay thanks! When the form is updated I will also update my order to the 65. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #235 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 04:42:35 »
Okay thanks! When the form is updated I will also update my order to the 65. Thanks.

I suggest you take a look at the form now ;)

Regarding changes of your orders:
If you have already filled out the form and later want to change your version or add one, then please just fill it out again but with the complete order. So if you had ordered an HHKB version for example and you want a second one, then please don't add another order with ONE HHKB. Instead fill out the form with TWO HHKB orders. I can spot double entries and I will just delete your older form entries and just keep the last/youngest submission.

Offline tiydal

« Reply #236 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 04:48:08 »

I suggest you take a look at the form now ;)

Regarding changes of your orders:
If you have already filled out the form and later want to change your version or add one, then please just fill it out again but with the complete order. So if you had ordered an HHKB version for example and you want a second one, then please don't add another order with ONE HHKB. Instead fill out the form with TWO HHKB orders. I can spot double entries and I will just delete your older form entries and just keep the last/youngest submission.

Haha I actually noticed the form before you posted and have already done it!

What will the 65 plate look like? Ideally I’d prefer it to be like plate a or the 75 plate, without the huge long opening across the 1st row.

« Reply #237 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 04:56:05 »
What will the 65 plate look like? Ideally I’d prefer it to be like plate a or the 75 plate, without the huge long opening across the 1st row.

That is one reason I hadn't put up the 65% jet - just no time to make the plate info picture and new renderings. You can see the plate in the form. The SKB75 plate has the cutouts because the new KBDfans PCB supports split spacebar. The plate of the SKB75 supports this of course. The available 65% PCBs don't offer split spacebar support so the SKB65 plate doesn't either.
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 May 2018, 04:59:46 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

Offline Draic

« Reply #238 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 05:31:52 »
The available 65% PCBs don't offer split spacebar support so the SKB65 plate doesn't either.

The M65-A has split spacebar support, according to its product page

Offline tiydal

« Reply #239 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 05:35:04 »

That is one reason I hadn't put up the 65% jet - just no time to make the plate info picture and new renderings. You can see the plate in the form. The SKB75 plate has the cutouts because the new KBDfans PCB supports split spacebar. The plate of the SKB75 supports this of course. The available 65% PCBs don't offer split spacebar support so the SKB65 plate doesn't either.

Thanks I like the look of that plate. I think making the bottom support split space makes the bottom too empty.

I have no statistics but I imagine the quantity of people who wold buy a split space 65% is rather small.

« Reply #240 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 06:13:14 »
The M65-A has split spacebar support, according to its product page

You're right, it does:

If some of you actually plan to build their SKB65 with split spacebar, I will change the plate to support it. Let me know.

« Reply #241 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 06:16:42 »
I have no statistics but I imagine the quantity of people who wold buy a split space 65% is rather small.

I have. About 30% of the participants plan to build with split spacebar.

Offline tiydal

« Reply #242 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 06:19:19 »

I have. About 30% of the participants plan to build with split spacebar.

I don’t know if 30% is a small, I suppose it depends how you quantify small.

I think the split space plate makes the bottom row really gapped, but I wouldn’t mind it being added if it would please people.

Offline Draic

« Reply #243 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 06:25:50 »
One you start using split spacebar, there is no going back :D atleast for me.

I won't get the 65%, so don't mind me, but I would argue having the plate support it will just open up more options for people. Is there a major downside to supporting it?

Offline tiydal

« Reply #244 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 06:30:38 »
One you start using split spacebar, there is no going back :D atleast for me.

I won't get the 65%, so don't mind me, but I would argue having the plate support it will just open up more options for people. Is there a major downside to supporting it?

Im not 100%, I think its just the bigger cuts outs on the plate, which means you see more pcb; making it less aesthetically pleasing.

As I said though, if it makes people happy, go for it.

« Reply #245 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 06:32:09 »

I don't think there is any downside to the slightly larger cutout for split spacebar support.

Im not 100%, I think its just the bigger cuts outs on the plate, which means you see more pcb; making it less aesthetically pleasing.

If you have a white PCB that may be true.
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 May 2018, 06:34:04 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

Offline BerserkZz

« Reply #246 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 14:43:09 »
I'm planning to sell a yas62 pcb with silver alu plate for 60 shipped. If anyone is interested, pm me.

Offline tiydal

« Reply #247 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 14:46:36 »
I'm planning to sell a yas62 pcb with silver alu plate for 60 shipped. If anyone is interested, pm me.

I don’t think this is the right thread to peddle your wears.

Go to the specific forum section for that

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #248 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 19:04:12 »
W̶a̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶t̶e̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶t̶o̶m̶?̶ It does, found better pics

O̶P̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶s̶i̶d̶e̶?̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶o̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶P̶C̶B̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶'̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶t̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶.̶

Also, are low profile screws an option? The button ones aren't pretty.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 May 2018, 19:14:37 by ReDsNoTDeAd »

Offline Zuology

« Reply #249 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 19:32:54 »
W̶a̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶t̶e̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶t̶o̶m̶?̶ It does, found better pics

O̶P̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶s̶i̶d̶e̶?̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶o̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶P̶C̶B̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶'̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶t̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶.̶

Also, are low profile screws an option? The button ones aren't pretty.

The main post states that it comes with flat-head/low-profile AND button-head screws.
More