Author Topic: [IC] Fox Lab - Leaf 65%  (Read 91113 times)

Offline PvtSkittles

Re: [IC] Fox Lab - Leaf 65%
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 02:56:36 »
Leaf60 was my first custom and it is still my go to board to this day. Love the work and new accents you have added to make the Leaf65 stand out from the crowd. I look forward to seeing what colors become available!

Offline violeaf

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 05:05:15 »
Any chance to see a layout chart that shows all possible layouts? I'm particularly interested in one that doesn't have the top right corner blocker, i.e. I'd love an actual key instead of the the logo block, even though it looks amazing

Offline ddnomad

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 05:45:06 »
Potential buyers be warned: you won’t get any replacement PCBs for your keyboard after the GB. I’ve tried to get my hands on Leaf60 solderable PCB for ages but Senter a) ignores all emails and other ways of getting in touch b) deletes whole IC threads for PCB production runs because of “insufficient interest” while multiple people are clearly interested and are willing to pay up.

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 06:56:08 »
Omg yes! I am so not missing this gb!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline Jacki

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 08:05:09 »
Yes! Yes! Yes!
I want this alot, Has the CNY GB run already?

[img width=267 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/in3VqH2.jpg[/img

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 08:54:21 »
Potential buyers be warned: you won’t get any replacement PCBs for your keyboard after the GB. I’ve tried to get my hands on Leaf60 solderable PCB for ages but Senter a) ignores all emails and other ways of getting in touch b) deletes whole IC threads for PCB production runs because of “insufficient interest” while multiple people are clearly interested and are willing to pay up.

Just to clarify, the IC thread was not deleted as you said.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=100500.msg2929306#msg2929306

I did locked that thread as the reasons explained in the above link. There's no way to produce PCBs for just "multiple people".

I order extra PCBs for every GB going forward, but most of the time they are only available for a short time. You should not expect any GB runners to keep extra PCBs forever.

PCBs in general are not easy to be damaged / there are always ways to fix them if you have the skills. If you're likely to damage your PCB and don't have much knowledge on repairing, I suggest buying extras in the first place.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 08:55:55 »
You should do a limited run of full pvd brass in gold and rose gold like you did with the leaf60. Those are beautiful and i will buy one for sure. Otherwise i think the middle exposed portion should be polished steel or brass.

I made a middle frame in PVD brass. The quality control of PVD is still a headache.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 08:57:28 »
Sorry if this has been asked before, but will this be a limited run? also excited to see what color options there will be! I loved a lot of the looks on the zFrontier page!

most probably run in a short period with a soft top limit

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 09:04:49 »
Any chance to see a layout chart that shows all possible layouts? I'm particularly interested in one that doesn't have the top right corner blocker, i.e. I'd love an actual key instead of the the logo block, even though it looks amazing

The version you want will be available.

Offline Zanhana

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 09:28:19 »
what is the typing angle?

I think this looks like a very nice board. if there is an option for polycarbonate with no logo blocker I will be in I think

P.S. I forgot to mention, I would like to see FR4 and Carbon Fiber as plate options  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 February 2021, 09:35:57 by Zanhana »

Offline ddnomad

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 09:31:01 »

I did locked that thread as the reasons explained in the above link. There's no way to produce PCBs for just "multiple people".

I order extra PCBs for every GB going forward, but most of the time they are only available for a short time. You should not expect any GB runners to keep extra PCBs forever.

PCBs in general are not easy to be damaged / there are always ways to fix them if you have the skills. If you're likely to damage your PCB and don't have much knowledge on repairing, I suggest buying extras in the first place.
My apologies. The tread was locked, not deleted indeed.

The issue I have with the PCB is not that it’s no longer working or anything, it’s just that the hotswap version has an issue with hotswap sockets on the bottom row touching the bottom of the case, which partially prevents the gasket mount from functioning as intended.

You’re right to say that it’s unreasonable to expect the GB runner to keep a steady stock of extra PCBs forever after the group buy, but it’s also worth noting that due to some peculiar design decisions (such as a flipped orientation of a stabilizer on an enter key) it’s not possible to find a fitting replacement. And as the keyboard has never seen R2, it pretty much leaves me with no choice but live with a hotswap PCB and that clearance issue.

Anyways, I’m not going to hijack this IC thread or start spitting poison in here just because I have that issue.

I’ll just strongly encourage people who are going to join Leaf 65 GB to get a couple of extra PCBs, including the soldered version, just in case.

Offline milka158

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 09:51:31 »
Looks great. Hoping for ISO-Support!

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 10:56:00 »

Class act.

Great looking board, Senter. I really like all the improvements you made coming from the Leaf 60, which I very much enjoy using.

Offline Danimal5123

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 11:37:52 »
Need that PC with RGB PCB!! Excited to see this!!

Offline IMZO

• Matrix shill, and TKL WKL Lover
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 11:52:45 »
This is pretty nice! Glwic!
More
Current boards: Jane V2 CE , Matrix 1.2og Silver WKL , Matrix 2.0add coating black WKL, Matrix 2.0add WKL Coating yellow, Satisfaction75 R1 Cloud white, Korno65, Bloop65, HHKB Pro 2 white,Lin Whale Pink WKL, Gok 7v White, Gok 7v Black, Orion V3 Silver WKL, Orion V2.5 Red WKL, Geon F1-8x Silver WK, Haus65 BlueGray, Plume65, Vertigo, Frog TKL WKL GreenF13

Offline afynyth

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 12:21:23 »
Is the middle piece visible from the front face of the keyboard? Or is it just a regular seam in front?

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 12:54:10 »
How tall is the front of the case? The Leaf60 was pretty low profile, and this looks just a tad bit taller.

Offline Jetstream

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 13:22:29 »
wow! this is mad sick. cant wait for more updates!

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 13:35:35 »
senter is a god. look at these prompt and helpful responses. leaf is life.

Offline Space_Case88

• keebs, anime, video games and coffee
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 15:08:36 »
Holy Geez!! This is my new grail. Gonna need this please.

Offline Space_Case88

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 15:49:38 »
any word on when this GB will be available? I have to start budgeting for this and I don't want to miss out.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 16:10:53 »
any word on when this GB will be available? I have to start budgeting for this and I don't want to miss out.

Going off of the past ICs and respective GBs I'd say you're looking at maybe a month or two - never know though, and I'm sure Senter will be more than happy to give you an actual answer when he can.

Offline MeatballNapkin

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 21:36:07 »
This is a beautiful board. Is there anywhere I can sign up for a reminder?

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 23:16:59 »
what is the typing angle?

I think this looks like a very nice board. if there is an option for polycarbonate with no logo blocker I will be in I think

P.S. I forgot to mention, I would like to see FR4 and Carbon Fiber as plate options  :thumb:

5.5 degree.

FR4 plates will be like this:

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 23:19:58 »
Is the middle piece visible from the front face of the keyboard? Or is it just a regular seam in front?

The seam is very thin in front but the middle frame is still visible.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 23:20:47 »
How tall is the front of the case? The Leaf60 was pretty low profile, and this looks just a tad bit taller.

The front is 21-22mm tall.

Offline vi0till

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 23:22:24 »
Can you explain what is USB board as in the diagram? Leaf spring for leaf board. Nice...

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 23:27:08 »

Going off of the past ICs and respective GBs I'd say you're looking at maybe a month or two - never know though, and I'm sure Senter will be more than happy to give you an actual answer when he can.

Theoretically we can start new GBs anytime soon cause the CNC factory has finished all parts of Time80RE and is available now. I don't want to rush on a new GB though before most of Time80RE orders are fulfilled. A rough estimation of the next GB is late March or Early April.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 23:28:16 »
This is a beautiful board. Is there anywhere I can sign up for a reminder?

You can follow me on Instagram if you use it.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 23:31:16 »
Can you explain what is USB board as in the diagram? Leaf spring for leaf board. Nice...

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Nothing but an USB daughter board

Offline miniongang

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 01:12:28 »
please keep the lilac color I’m an absolute sucker for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nxxinf

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 01:37:02 »
Please keep the lilac/purple color!

Offline Space_Case88

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 02:21:42 »
I'm going to go ahead and say that lilac should absolutely be an option.

Offline harpharpharpy

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 03:02:52 »
How long will it approx. take to produce the boards and ship them out?
I need an E-white option :))

Offline denibhoxha

• cock and balls technology
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 03:58:53 »
The side profile looks amazing, hopefully theres a murdered out black options with just the leaf logo as an accent.

Offline Hi !!

• Kiimari
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 04:54:12 »
Interesting, liking the exposed middle frame and the side profile. Can't imagine how many combinations we will be able to do. I pray that typing sound will be great without mute plate.

Also, can't overlook the USB head on black prototype pic. Its kinda protruding slightly. its defeat the cleanliness of the exposed middle frame to me

Offline PvtSkittles

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 09:32:11 »
You should do a limited run of full pvd brass in gold and rose gold like you did with the leaf60. Those are beautiful and i will buy one for sure. Otherwise i think the middle exposed portion should be polished steel or brass.

I made a middle frame in PVD brass. The quality control of PVD is still a headache.

Hopefully there will still be an option for a PVD brass plate at least. I absolutely LOVE mine on the leaf60. Whenever I receive a regular brass plate for other builds I am always a little disappointed it is not as nice as on the Leaf60.

Offline TyPo.mk

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 11:54:54 »
Wow these look slick, definitely interested.

Offline Taboggan

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 13:09:21 »
Absolutely in on this one, that board looks sick.

Offline miniongang

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 13:58:55 »
Can anyone tell if this is the lilac color?  Absolute in love with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JvMil

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 16:43:47 »
I was always sad to have missed the Leaf 60. So glad a new GB is created for a 65% and I love it even more. Completely in love with the PC version.

Will there be a EU vendor? For VAT reasons
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 February 2021, 16:47:16 by JvMil »

Offline Gnome

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 17:04:04 »
What a beautiful board. Really liking that you guys are offering different colors for all the parts and I'm also a big fan of the screwless bottom.
Is there a discord to join for updates? Would also like an EU vendor if possible.

Offline jman112004

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 20:22:52 »
Count me in! The board looks amazing. The grey and blue case would pair perfectly with rainy day or mizu!

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 12:21:33 »

Hopefully there will still be an option for a PVD brass plate at least. I absolutely LOVE mine on the leaf60. Whenever I receive a regular brass plate for other builds I am always a little disappointed it is not as nice as on the Leaf60.

This is how the current prototype PVD-coated part looks.

I'll keep looking for a better PVD coating supplier and try to make it available in the next GB.

Offline neikels

• nice to meet you
« Reply #95 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 14:41:29 »
Love the design! Are individual RGB-LEDs for each key planned to be on the PCB?

Offline Louiee

« Reply #96 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 15:19:23 »
YES 100% joining this, can't wait till the colors are decided for this!

Offline islam_taha

« Reply #97 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 16:19:35 »
Definitely IN, please make it unlimited non-raffled GB :D

Offline Convergence

« Reply #98 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 16:25:33 »
Any plans for WKL layout?

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #99 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 04:29:31 »
Will there be different plate materials like PC, POM, Nylon?