Author Topic: This seems so right...  (Read 983 times)

Offline Saf_Rimons

• Industrial Designer
This seems so right...
« on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 13:35:21 »
Hello everyone, I am Saf_Rimons and this is it. You guys are now a part of my first real obsession. As a freshman in college, I made some new friends who were into interesting things. One of them was a keyboard enthusiast. We became goof friends and really started rubbing off on me so I decided to check things out. I immediately got taken away by the photos of customization and all the cool goodies that came along with the joys of mechanical keyboards.

I decided to do the only logical things left to do and spend my remaining dollar bills on a WASD V2 with a custom layout, which I will share soon enough. Now I broke but in love with my new keyboard. I even bought a cherry mx sampler after that purchase just so I could have a taste of all the feels. It was a good choice. I know that I have just started and I am already planning on my next board when the time comes, Hopefully a Poker II or something a little smaller than a TKL. Some of my other interests are sneakers, Music, Design, and snowboarding. If there is anything else I am missing from this post, feel free to comment.

Thanks.

OLKB Planck Lo-Pro

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: This seems so right...
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 01:58:33 »
Welcome to Geekhack! Looks like you have your future keyboard plan already!  :thumb: A poker II is a popular choice, but keep an eye out as Vortex have been teasing us with pictures of the poker III recently!

Offline Saf_Rimons

• Industrial Designer
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 09:02:30 »
Yeah if anything I'll start there but I really want a 40% that I can go to town on with customization. My next buy is at least a year from now so I have lots of time to plan!

OLKB Planck Lo-Pro

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 04:40:02 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

A lot of people seem to go for a Poker as their first or second keyboard.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ