Author Topic: [IC] Tomocaps Hangwa - 11/30/22 - Pre-order Live  (Read 27614 times)

Offline Saru

[IC] Tomocaps Hangwa - 11/30/22 - Pre-order Live
« on: Tue, 26 October 2021, 11:28:04 »

Hey Everyone! Welcome to the IC for Tomocaps Hangwa (한과). This set is inspired by traditional Korean confections generally called Hangwa!

Due to delays of ePBT, we will now be working with Tomocaps, which I am affiliated with. The goal of Tomocaps is to provide quality keycap options at shorter lead times. Lead time will be about 3-4 months, and instead of group buy, we will be doing limited preorder then an in-stock drop! Samples are currently being made and we are aiming to begin production as soon as we finalize color matching.

We finished the color matching process and have set the preorder date for November 25th, 2022! The purple we ended up deciding on doesn’t quite match our previous renders, but we think is better for the set. In order to avoid any confusion, we have archived our previous renders on the Tomocaps Instgram and what you see there and from now on are the adjusted renders that better reflect the actual colors of the caps.

Pre-Order Dates: November 25th - December 23rd, 2022

We will unfortunately not be running the HIBI artisan due to not meeting the MoQ across vendors.

Fairy Type was our debut set for Tomocaps (you can check it out here if you're interested)

Tomocaps Hangwa IC

Base Kit

I will be color matching with Pantone chips, but will not be disclosing the actual colors in an effort to prevent cloning.

Collabs:

Sandun_art
tulipclay
n.Na
klaykaps
moonecraft
Kewpie.Keys
aumipon
DEAGcaps
KeeBirb
shirouu.kaps

Product Details
Cherry Profile
Dye Sub/Reverse Dye Sub PBT

Vendors:
USA/Worldwide: Tomocaps
OCE: KeebzNCables
CA: Mino Keys
EU: Eloquent Clicks
KR: Swag Keys

Update Log
10/27/21 - Updated Novelty Kit Colors: R4 should be pink and purple
10/28/21 - Add punctuation keys to Korean Sublegends Kit as needed, Added our first collab with sandun_art, Added Mino Keys for CA region
10/30/21 - Added tulipclay for collab, Updated Pinks in kit renders, Removed double consonants from Korean Sublegends Kit
10/31/21 - Added n.Na for collab
11/1/21 - Added chloeiscow for collab
11/2/21 - Re-rendered keyboard renders with updated pink
11/3/21 - Updated base kit by adding non-accent F5-8
11/4/21 - Added Tim Caps for collab
11/5/21 - Added klaycaps for collab
11/7/21 - Added HIBI for collab
11/17/21 - Colors Finalized
11/20/21 - Last second SEA vendor added
11/21/21 - Updated keyboard renders with finalized colors
11/22/21 - Quotes Requested, KBDfans IC live
1/18/22 - Quotes Received, Confirming GB Timeline
2/27/22 - Samples Requested
6/18/22 - Still pending samples
6/21/22 - Changing manufacturer to Tomocaps
6/24/22 - Updated collabs after receiving confirmation
7/26/22 - Added row 2, 3, 4 novelties for basic 65% support
8/11/22 - Removed green ISO enter to keep prices down
9/2/22 - Samples are being made
9/7/22 - Added OCE Vendor
9/27/22 - Second round of samples due to color matching
10/11/22 - Added CA Vendor
11/2/22 - Second round of samples completed, pending arrival. HIBI added to IC
11/4/22 - Color matching complete
11/7/22 - Added EU Vendor and Moonecraft collab
11/16/22 - Pre-order date confirmed 11/25/22, removed HIBI, Added KR Vendor
11/30/22 - Pre-order live. Kewpie.keys, aumipon, DEAGcaps, KeeBirb, shirouu.kaps collabs added

Instagram
Tomocaps Instagram
Discord

Archived
More
Please check out/fill out the IC Form.

Interest Check now live on KBDfans[/color][/size].

Kits

Base Kit

Numpad Kit

Korean Sublegends Kit

Mono Korean Alphas Kit

Spacebars Kit

40s Kit

International Kit

Novelties Kit

I will be color matching with Pantone chips, but will not be disclosing the actual colors in an effort to prevent cloning.

Renders:

Haus

Phoenix TKL

Vendors:
US - The Right PC
UK - Prototypist
EU - Eloquent Clicks
Asia - KBDfans
OCE - Daily Clack
CA - Mino Keys
KR - Swagkeys
PH - Klikity Shop
SEA - iLumkb

Collabs:
Sandun_art
Kapsule Lab
tulipclay
n.Na
RnCables
chloeiscow
Tim Caps
klaykaps
HIBI

Discord (Tomocaps)
Instagram

Special Thanks

The Right PC Team - helped me with kitting, renders, and guiding me through the whole process!

[/more]
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 February 2023, 18:12:23 by Saru »

Offline imivanh

• The Right PC
Re: [IC] ePBT Hangwa
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 26 October 2021, 11:34:06 »
 :thumb:

Love the theme and the colors

Offline fortaye

• 40's 40's 40's
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 26 October 2021, 11:51:16 »
Filled!

Offline surplusofchairs

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 26 October 2021, 12:40:52 »
really into the colours. this combo has been done before but the tri colour alpha legends makes it stand out.

is it possible to add more keys to the hangul alphas? punctuation keys or something so people can potentially purchase alphas + 40s mods without needing to get base?
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 October 2021, 13:09:20 by surplusofchairs »

Offline Saru

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 26 October 2021, 12:54:54 »
really into the colours. this combo has been done before but the tri colour alpha legends makes it stand out.

is it possible to add more keys to the hangul alphas? punctuation keys or something so i people can potentially purchase alphas + 40s mods without needing to get base?

Thank you for the feedback! I'm definitely still in the process of finalizing kitting based on feedback so I will look into this possibility.

Please note that I will have to think about kitting costs to see what is possible and the most reasonable, but I will see what I can do!

Offline jeimuzu22

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 26 October 2021, 23:39:18 »
This is gorgeous! In re: kitting, I would argue that given the theme of the set you could even make the hangul sublegend alphas part of the standard kit, with the plain Latin legends as a separate kit for people who don't want the hangul. I'm a Korean learner who types in hangul a fair bit though, so I'm biased...

Offline Saru

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 02:18:43 »
This is gorgeous! In re: kitting, I would argue that given the theme of the set you could even make the hangul sublegend alphas part of the standard kit, with the plain Latin legends as a separate kit for people who don't want the hangul. I'm a Korean learner who types in hangul a fair bit though, so I'm biased...

Thank you! Originally I wanted to run the Korean Sublegends as the base kit, but decided that it would attract a larger audience if the Latin Legends are the base kit. I plan on updating the Korean Sublegends to have extra keys so there is the possibility of having enough kitting for two keyboards with the base and Korean Sublegends kit.

Offline kkd_20

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 02:43:35 »
color combination is unique. but for 1-4, q-r, a-f and z-v I think you need to increase the saturation of that legends color. so that it wont get mixed up with alpha color. by doing that it will help your left side mods also

Offline Saru

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 02:48:41 »
color combination is unique. but for 1-4, q-r, a-f and z-v I think you need to increase the saturation of that legends color. so that it wont get mixed up with alpha color. by doing that it will help your left side mods also

Thank you for the feedback! I am also a bit worried that the pink might not stand out enough with the alpha colors, but I will make sure that the pink comes through during the color matching process (minor adjustments will be made as needed).

Offline growler

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 03:07:09 »

Thank you for the feedback! I am also a bit worried that the pink might not stand out enough with the alpha colors, but I will make sure that the pink comes through during the color matching process (minor adjustments will be made as needed).
Same concern for me. Blank caps are fine, nothing to see here.... hard to read caps sort of draw your eye in a straining, searching way that does my nut in.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Don't just stare at it ...

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 08:16:10 »
Hi, interesting set, a few concerns:

-legibility on the left-hand side legends looks yikers, please improve
-just put subs in base and print money
-adding a couple of shifts could improve base kit compatibility (also remove R1 end and pg dn, those go with numpad)
-Your 40s kit is a little all over the place. I recommend talking to people in the 40s keyset design chat
-novs kit seems overly padded (esp on 1.5us) while missing ansi and iso enter novs

Offline Saru

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 12:41:01 »
Hi, interesting set, a few concerns:

-legibility on the left-hand side legends looks yikers, please improve
-just put subs in base and print money
-adding a couple of shifts could improve base kit compatibility (also remove R1 end and pg dn, those go with numpad)
-Your 40s kit is a little all over the place. I recommend talking to people in the 40s keyset design chat
-novs kit seems overly padded (esp on 1.5us) while missing ansi and iso enter novs

Thank you for the feedback!
The pantone pink chosen should be a little darker, but I will make sure to adjust the renders accordingly to make them closer once I receive the pantone chips.
Noted regarding the shifts, R1 End, and Page Down!
Definitely will be working on the 40s kit based on the feedback I have been receiving.
Regarding the novelties kit, the 1.5us are primarily for WKL TKLs with 7u spacebar (my favorite layout) so I wanted to make sure there's full compatibility. At the moment I do not plan on having enter novelties.

Offline Saru

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 30 October 2021, 13:44:26 »

is it possible to add more keys to the hangul alphas? punctuation keys or something so people can potentially purchase alphas + 40s mods without needing to get base?

Korean sublegends kit was updated to include more punctuation keys. Hopefully, this allows some flexibility!

Offline Saru

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 31 October 2021, 01:05:44 »

Thank you for the feedback! Just updated the pinks in the kits to be a little darker and should actually be a little closer to the pantone colors chosen (keyboard renders not yet updated). Will color match as close as possible once I receive the pantone chips!

Offline flying_penguin

Re: [IC] ePBT Hangwa - Updated 10/30 - Kitting
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 31 October 2021, 17:56:04 »
Very unique, I like this a lot. I love that this kit has mono korean alphas and an international kit! :) Would be nice to get an ISO enter novelty added to the novelty kit!
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 October 2021, 18:00:45 by flying_penguin »

Offline Saru

Re: [IC] ePBT Hangwa - Updated 10/30 - Kitting
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 11:17:33 »
Very unique, I like this a lot. I love that this kit has mono korean alphas and an international kit! :) Would be nice to get an ISO enter novelty added to the novelty kit!

Glad you like the set and that we have mono Korean alphas and an international kit! Unfortunately, I am not planning on adding enter novelties at the moment (subject to change if I can think of something good).

Offline Ciantha

Re: [IC] ePBT Hangwa - Updated 11/1 - Finalized Vendors + Collabs Added
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 15:12:14 »
The 1.25u shift in a 40s kit goes on the right hand side (not left as for a normal keyboard). So your 40s 1.25u shift should be purple, not pink.

Offline Saru

Re: [IC] ePBT Hangwa - Updated 11/1 - Finalized Vendors + Collabs Added
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 15:50:23 »
The 1.25u shift in a 40s kit goes on the right hand side (not left as for a normal keyboard). So your 40s 1.25u shift should be purple, not pink.

Thank you so much for the feedback! I'll make sure to update it as soon as I have access to my computer. Definitely need all the 40s feedback I can get.

Offline Saru

Re: [IC] ePBT Hangwa - Updated 11/12 - Kitting Finalized
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 12 November 2021, 13:25:45 »
Kitting finalized on 11/12/21, will be requesting quotes soon!

The pantone books were unfortunately stolen and reordered. Hope to be finalizing the colors soon.

Offline Saru

Re: [IC] ePBT Hangwa - Updated 11/12 - Kitting Finalized
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 17 November 2021, 03:51:20 »
Colors have been finalized! Will be requesting quotes soon.

Please note that the keyboard renders have not yet been updated with the new finalized colors.

Offline Saru

Re: [IC] ePBT Hangwa - Updated 11/17 - Colors Finalized
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 20 November 2021, 16:59:26 »
Added last second SEA vendor!

Offline Saru

Re: [IC] ePBT Hangwa - Updated 11/22 - Quotes Requested
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 22 November 2021, 17:49:00 »
Quotes requested and KBDfans IC is now live!

Offline birdbird

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 22 November 2021, 20:19:14 »
Will there be a Canadian vendor?

Offline Saru

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 23 November 2021, 03:19:55 »
Will there be a Canadian vendor?

Mino Keys is our Canadian vendor!

Offline Saru

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 06 December 2021, 14:04:40 »
Just an update that KBDfans has placed a hold on all ePBT projects which do not have a group buy date already set to catch up on their queue.

Offline kuromi

• kuromi is typing...
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 16:38:22 »
Love the colors! The mono korean alphas are calling to me

Offline Saru

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 18 January 2022, 13:48:26 »
Update: Received quotes from KBDfans. Confirming group buy date.

Offline whee74

Re: [IC] ePBT Hangwa - 1/18/22 - Quotes Received, Confirming GB Timeline
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 14:26:30 »
really dig the whole colorway. very vibrant~

Offline baka jiken

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 17:57:03 »
I really like this!   :D

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 20:28:42 »
FYI there is an error in your International kit render.  It's a common KRK issue.

Offline Saru

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 28 January 2022, 17:41:13 »
FYI there is an error in your International kit render.  It's a common KRK issue.

Show Image

Thank you for catching that. I'll make sure to update this!
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 January 2022, 17:43:19 by Saru »

Offline Saru

Re: [IC] ePBT Hangwa - 2/27/22 - Samples Requested
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 28 March 2022, 11:15:13 »
Samples were requested on 2/27/22, but have not received an update.

Due to change in group buy policy, ePBT will now be providing samples before group buy can go live.

Offline ThreadyKeycaps

• ThreadyKeycaps
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 28 March 2022, 11:42:23 »
Very very nice colour scheme. Initially I was not feeling the lime green but after looking at the legends having the same green to tie the colours back together, I think the green is a nice touch and makes this unique from the usual pink purple keycap colour scheme. I have a 40 percent keyboard... am concern that if I get the novelties kit, all of the keys in R4 will be useless to me as I need 1u novelties in R4 profile.

Offline WoobEC

• Eloquent Clicks
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 09 June 2022, 05:28:28 »
I see Hangul, I like  :thumb:

Offline Saru

Re: [IC] ePBT Hangwa - 6/18/22 - Still pending samples
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 18 June 2022, 16:32:31 »
Sorry for the silence the last few months. As of 6/18/22, still pending samples and haven't received any updates. May be running via another manufacturer instead.

Offline Saru

Re: [IC] Tomocaps Hangwa - 6/21/22 - Manufacturer Change
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 12 July 2022, 13:45:31 »
Confirming that we have changed manufacturers to Tomocaps! Production should start some time after Tomocaps Fairy Type production is completed in about 2-3 months. Pre-orders will likely start soon after production starts.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 12 July 2022, 13:50:48 »
Confirming that we have changed manufacturers to Tomocaps! Production should start some time after Tomocaps Fairy Type production is completed in about 2-3 months. Pre-orders will likely start soon after production starts.

So will there be a Group Buy?

Offline Saru

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 12 July 2022, 15:21:03 »

So will there be a Group Buy?

The plan is to run this as a limited pre-order instead of group buy (guaranteeing that the set will run) and to have it in-stock while supplies last.

Offline Saru

Re: [IC] Tomocaps Hangwa - 7/26/22 - Updated Kitting
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 26 July 2022, 20:42:11 »
Added in novelties on rows 2-4 for basic 65% support.

Re-released interest check form due to change in manufacturer.

Offline Sheen

Re: [IC] Tomocaps Hangwa - 7/26/22 - Updated Kitting, Re-released IC Form
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 11:56:54 »
Amazing looking set!
Would love to buy it!

Offline Saru

Re: [IC] Tomocaps Hangwa - 9/7/22 - Samples being made, OCE Vendor Added
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 08 September 2022, 18:35:03 »
Samples are currently being made and added a OCE Vendor! Still pending additional vendors.

Offline Wintea

Re: [IC] Tomocaps Hangwa - 9/7/22 - Samples being made, OCE Vendor Added
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 08 September 2022, 23:18:10 »
Love this set ever since it was ePBT! Goodluck with IC!!

Offline Saru

Re: [IC] Tomocaps Hangwa - 9/27/22 - Second Round Samples
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 27 September 2022, 11:34:39 »
Second round of samples are being made due to color matching

Offline Saru

Still pending the second round of samples and Mino Keys was added as a CA vendor.

Offline surplusofchairs

ah i’m guessing this manu doesn’t have 40s molds yet. disappointed was following this set from early on

Offline Saru

Re: [IC] Tomocaps Hangwa - 11/16/22 - Pre-order Date Confirmed
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 16 November 2022, 19:24:56 »
Pre-order date confirmed for November 25th, 2022

Offline imivanh

• The Right PC
Re: [IC] Tomocaps Hangwa - 11/30/22 - Pre-order Live
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 05 December 2022, 20:24:48 »
Glad this made it to pre-order! GL! :D