geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

Reflection XT FRL | Shipping now!

<< < (2/7) > >>

iwobobul:

--- Quote from: phinix on Fri, 20 October 2023, 04:13:25 ---Pretty but too expensive.
Nowadays we noticed many builds being for around $200-300, in recent years prices of high quality custom keyboard went down, proving that it is possible to have quality build for much less money.
$440 is just too much for this design - look at the QK80, Cycle7, phenomenal quality and design.

--- End quote ---

Go get a QK80 then, I dare you.

What a stupid comment, really. You should then go and leave the same comment under every GB that is not a QK or TKD, because small batch manufacturers will never match the prices of manufacturing at scale. Should they all stop making things then? No more unique layouts, all hail QK80.

Also have a look at the size and weight comparison. Look at the honking weight on this board, it's a huge piece of copper, compared to processed sheet brass that QK or Cycle use. This one is 3.2kg while QK is what, 1.75?

The abscence of tacky golden badge should also count as something.

firstworldproblems:

--- Quote from: iwobobul on Fri, 20 October 2023, 08:14:17 ---
--- Quote from: phinix on Fri, 20 October 2023, 04:13:25 ---Pretty but too expensive.
Nowadays we noticed many builds being for around $200-300, in recent years prices of high quality custom keyboard went down, proving that it is possible to have quality build for much less money.
$440 is just too much for this design - look at the QK80, Cycle7, phenomenal quality and design.

--- End quote ---

Go get a QK80 then, I dare you.

What a stupid comment, really. You should then go and leave the same comment under every GB that is not a QK or TKD, because small batch manufacturers will never match the prices of manufacturing at scale. Should they all stop making things then? No more unique layouts, all hail QK80.

Also have a look at the size and weight comparison. Look at the honking weight on this board, it's a huge piece of copper, compared to processed sheet brass that QK or Cycle use. This one is 3.2kg while QK is what, 1.75?

The abscence of tacky golden badge should also count as something.

--- End quote ---
This^

Small batch production can't compete on price.

Farhandsome:

--- End quote ---

I understand where you're coming from, but as others have mentioned, it's hard to keep prices at down at a low MOQ (50 for this GB). I'd love to keep things more affordable but as with all more customized products, the market is undoubtedly smaller. I'm hoping this targets the folks who are interested in trying a unique layout and design :thumb:

I will hope to make a more affordable design in the future depending on the success of this GB!

HubertThemad:
GLWGB!!!!

Extremely tempted by this, such a banger board in aesthetics, specs, you name it.

firstworldproblems:
Did the brown prototype arrive? If so, I am not seeing the brown prototype amongst the gallery.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version