Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1620876 times)

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: GH60 Group Buy
« Reply #300 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 08:57:37 »
So can we get split backspace on any plate or how does it work?

Take a look at the last example, GH60 (max keys).
The backspace is split.

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
GH60 Group Buy
« Reply #301 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 12:34:54 »
Does anyone know where I can get some custom HHKB style keys?
I mean the way they have other functions printed on the side facing the user.

Like this: http://elitekeyboards.com/proddata/images/th/pdkb400ws_corner1000_th0x0.jpg

[/slightlyofftopic]

If you check out WASD keyboards they offer "custom" key caps and can do dual row key prints on single unit keys that allows you to label your function layer, although it is not side printed it should suffice if you need discrete labeling.

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
GH60 Group Buy
« Reply #302 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 12:41:12 »
Alright i got my new keycaps from WASD with the new colors too so here they are my two phantoms complete minus custom MM cable.

Show Image

Show Image

See the above for an example. Prof did this for his phantoms.

Offline v4mp1

« Reply #303 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 14:11:38 »
What about 1000hz polling?  ;)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #304 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 14:23:32 »
So can we get split backspace on any plate or how does it work?

The only plates with split backspace are the Universal plates (ANSI and ISO), and the GH60 (max keys). You can request split backspace for ANSI Pure 1.50, so that it exactly matches the HHKB layout.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline komar007

• komar's blog
« Reply #305 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 14:25:03 »
Who needs that?:D
GH60 rev. B w/ ali's case|Cherry G80-3000 HFU/05|IBM Model M (51G8572)
Check out the GH60 project! | How to make a keyboard

Offline v4mp1

« Reply #306 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 14:40:28 »
Me xD

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #307 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 14:45:23 »
Me xD

I think the question was more one of "Why would anyone need that?"
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline komar007

• komar's blog
« Reply #308 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 14:49:24 »
Me xD
I have a deal for you.
Buy the GH60, and then I'll prepare 10 versions of firmware for you (if I manage to do 1000Hz). If you correctly tell which 5 of them are 1000Hz, I'll refund your GH60 PCB.;)

Offline osxoep

« Reply #309 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 14:54:56 »
Hmm. Anyone know which case would be best for an ISO HHKB layout? Even some old plastic cases would be fine.
HHKB Pro JP with hasu's controller (waiting for MX sliders)

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #310 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 14:59:22 »
1000hz polling

wut

Offline Fred

« Reply #311 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 14:59:41 »
The only plates with split backspace are the Universal plates (ANSI and ISO), and the GH60 (max keys). You can request split backspace for ANSI Pure 1.50, so that it exactly matches the HHKB layout.
Gotcha, I should go for universal ISO then. 1.25x, pure shift and split backspace! This can surely not go wrong.

Edit: Which switches can we assume will be readily available? Is it possible to get some greens and clears?
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 March 2013, 15:19:13 by Fred »

Offline v4mp1

« Reply #312 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 15:15:05 »
Me xD
I have a deal for you.
Buy the GH60, and then I'll prepare 10 versions of firmware for you (if I manage to do 1000Hz). If you correctly tell which 5 of them are 1000Hz, I'll refund your GH60 PCB.;)

Deal!  :cool:

But first test if you are able to manage the 1000hz. If yes, i buy a pcb :D
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 March 2013, 15:24:04 by v4mp1 »

Offline Index

« Reply #313 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 16:01:06 »
Curious, what is the kro on the GH60?
Gaming Keyboard: Leopold FC200RT/ABN
Work Keyboard: HHKB Pro 2 PD-KB400B

Offline komar007

• komar's blog
« Reply #314 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 17:02:31 »
Currently no limitations. Any numbers of keys is registered at the same time.

Offline ishumprod

« Reply #315 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 17:38:25 »
Currently no limitations. Any numbers of keys is registered at the same time.

terran facerolling mode : activated
home-made TKL rubber dome keyboard !

Offline OnTheBrink

• Work Hard. Play Harder.
    • Wired In Store
« Reply #316 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 19:34:43 »
Really want a custom poker but I do not know how to solder.
is there a way I can buy one and someone can put it together for me?

Offline Glissant

« Reply #317 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 19:38:21 »
Order the assembly service in the order form :).

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #318 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 19:41:23 »
Really want a custom poker but I do not know how to solder.
is there a way I can buy one and someone can put it together for me?
At least a dozen folks on here that can do that or you can pay 25 bucks to have it done before it ships to you.
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline OnTheBrink

• Wired In Store
« Reply #319 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 20:01:05 »
Order the assembly service in the order form :).

Perfect! Ordering now.

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #320 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 20:19:04 »
Ordered enough parts to assemble two Poker boards.  (I think...)

Offline OnTheBrink

• Wired In Store
« Reply #321 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 20:21:45 »
So I ordered. I hope I did so correctly.
In terms of keys, are we on our own with that or can we order sets?

Offline cobraj

« Reply #322 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 20:33:08 »

SOOOO many group buys happening with keys right now (or just happened) :P
Just make sure that the GH60 layout you picked is compatible with the keys you buy or vice versa

Offline justin one

« Reply #323 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 21:29:02 »
How does the  function layer work with this? Is it possible to program it to be exactly like the Poker (dedicated fn key, LEDs, etc)?
[ KBC Poker ] [ Ducky DK9087 ]

Offline CommunistWitchDr

• >implying keyboards
« Reply #324 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 21:33:41 »
Me xD
I have a deal for you.

Couldn't that just be tested in software?

Offline OnTheBrink

• Wired In Store
« Reply #325 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 23:34:28 »

SOOOO many group buys happening with keys right now (or just happened) :P
Just make sure that the GH60 layout you picked is compatible with the keys you buy or vice versa

I reallyyyy want the Retro TKLRGBYSYM for my GH60
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=28363.0

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #326 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 23:39:57 »

I advise taking the red pill.  Escape this world of spoon-fed marketing BS you've subscribed yourself to. ;)
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline v4mp1

« Reply #327 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 01:46:43 »
I feel the difference between 125hz, 500hz and 1000hz when it comes to mice.

And no it is not placebo.

But I don't tested the same with keyboards, but having 1000hz on a keyboard can't be that wrong.

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #328 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 02:09:53 »
No, you can not feel the difference on a keyboard! You would have to type so inhumanly fast for it to matter in the slightest, and since you only have 10 fingers it wouldn't ever be possible.
Your mouse is a different story because it involves a much different input.

Offline cobraj

« Reply #329 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 02:20:42 »
No, you can not feel the difference on a keyboard! You would have to type so inhumanly fast for it to matter in the slightest, and since you only have 10 fingers it wouldn't ever be possible.
Your mouse is a different story because it involves a much different input.

^
Would need an X and Y axis for mouse + lift distance + all that extra stuff apart from just pressing keys

Offline plastboks

« Reply #330 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 03:14:50 »
This is such a great community. I can't wait to receive it and start hacking  ;D
Ordered two sets.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #331 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 04:06:59 »
UPDATE:

There has been a few requests for a dedicated HHKB plate, so I just added one for ANSI. It has split backspace and R-shift. Also Samwisekoi requested his layout changed, so it now has a split L-shift (1.25x + 1x). The OP will now reflect these changes, and the order form will now have that additional dedicated HHKB plate.

HHKB ANSI...............................................................................Samwisekoi
16819-016821-1

Lastly, I was gone for a day, came back and there were tons of PMs waiting. I noticed a lot of questions were the same, so if you have questions, please post them in this thread instead. They've either already been answered, or other people have the same questions. I don't have time to answer this many redundant PMs per day. I also gotten a couple of emails and I have no idea who sent those because GH does not forward your account name. Use PMs if you need to reach me.

I'll put an ordering example in the OP if you're new and don't know exactly what to order. If you need an order changed, fill out THIS form instead. It cuts back on PMs, and I can change your order whenever I have time. If you PM me, I might miss it because once I click on the first PM, they all get marked as read.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
« Reply #332 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 07:32:40 »
UPDATE:

There has been a few requests for a dedicated HHKB plate, so I just added one for ANSI. It has split backspace and R-shift. Also Samwisekoi requested his layout changed, so it now has a split L-shift (1.25x + 1x). The OP will now reflect these changes, and the order form will now have that additional dedicated HHKB plate.

HHKB ANSI...............................................................................Samwisekoi
(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

If i want a HHKB layout with a normal sized right shift and normal sized backspace, should i be ordering the ANSI 1.5x?

Lastly, I was gone for a day, came back and there were tons of PMs waiting. I noticed a lot of questions were the same, so if you have questions, please post them in this thread instead. They've either already been answered, or other people have the same questions. I don't have time to answer this many redundant PMs per day. I also gotten a couple of emails and I have no idea who sent those because GH does not forward your account name. Use PMs if you need to reach me.

I'll put an ordering example in the OP if you're new and don't know exactly what to order. If you need an order changed, fill out THIS form instead. It cuts back on PMs, and I can change your order whenever I have time. If you PM me, I might miss it because once I click on the first PM, they all get marked as read.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #333 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 07:33:31 »
If i want a HHKB layout with a normal sized right shift and normal sized backspace, should i be ordering the ANSI 1.5x?

You got it.

in memoriam

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #334 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 07:37:50 »

You got it.

yeah i think i messed up my quote but thanks!

Offline clstyle

« Reply #335 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 08:25:05 »
i'm not sure my order was correct.

poker pcb w/ smd x 1
poker plate x 1
pcb stabilizer x1
blue sw x 61
assemble x 1

if any problem, please let me know.
thank you. ;D

Offline plastboks

« Reply #336 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 08:39:17 »
UPDATE:

This left be a little confused. I would like a HHKB like the original, but can't see the "Dedicated HHKB" plate in the order form. I have ordered a "ANSI 1.5x (pure shift)", but assume this isn't correct?

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #337 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 09:05:21 »
UPDATE:

This left be a little confused. I would like a HHKB like the original, but can't see the "Dedicated HHKB" plate in the order form. I have ordered a "ANSI 1.5x (pure shift)", but assume this isn't correct?

I am pretty sure for the HHKB Layout you can order either ANSI 1.5x or ANSI 1.5x PURE SHIFT, depending on the size of the right shift you want. i think the problem most people will find with the hhkb layout is finding a case that will fit it correctly. i think i am going to get WFD's case, because that is the only one i see that will fit it
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 March 2013, 10:30:53 by Dubsgalore »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #338 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 10:11:53 »
UPDATE:

Samwisekoi
(Attachment Link)

Thank you very much!

Also, FYI to all, I am going to open up a Klaxon/GH60++/RGBY Mods group buy to support all of the GH60 configurations.
16839-0

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #339 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 10:31:25 »
UPDATE:

Samwisekoi
(Attachment Link)

Thank you very much!

Also, FYI to all, I am going to open up a Klaxon/GH60++/RGBY Mods group buy to support all of the GH60 configurations.
(Attachment Link)

- Ron | samwisekoi

:D ;D that would be awesome

Offline elton5354

GH60 Group Buy
« Reply #340 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 10:47:43 »
UPDATE:

Samwisekoi
(Attachment Link)

Thank you very much!

(Attachment Link)

- Ron | samwisekoi

If you can add a split enter for the Gh60 config would be great.

Offline bpiphany

• bpiph is a special type of crazy. //mkawa
« Reply #341 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 10:57:43 »
Me xD
I have a deal for you.

Deal!  :cool:

But first test if you are able to manage the 1000hz. If yes, i buy a pcb :D

I did far more than 1kHz sampling with my own code, different keyboard, a fair bit simpler but still without trying very hard. I measured that with an oscilloscope while the keyboard was "idling". When communicating with the computer that may decrease a bit. But no, 1kHz ultra polling is completely pointless. There are far more interesting compromises.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #342 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 10:58:26 »
UPDATE:

Samwisekoi
(Attachment Link)

Thank you very much!

(Attachment Link)

- Ron | samwisekoi

he said all GH60 Configurations

Offline elton5354

GH60 Group Buy
« Reply #343 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 11:01:40 »
Yeah I was just looking at the picture.

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #344 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 11:17:40 »
I feel the difference between 125hz, 500hz and 1000hz when it comes to mice.

And no it is not placebo.

But I don't tested the same with keyboards, but having 1000hz on a keyboard can't be that wrong.

As said, mice are a completely different story. Keyboards don't have to transmit nearly as much data, and timing isn't as critical. Why have 1ms response time when the controller has to spend ~30ms to debounce the switch?
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #345 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 12:16:02 »

So do you mean a 1.25 Row 3 "Enter" and a 1.00 Row 3 keycap with a different legend?

In what, White on Red?  (My palette is Red, Blue, Green, Yellow and White.)

I can add those keys, and I already have pricing; I just need to know exactly what you want.  And, of course, volume determines cost.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline morpheus

« Reply #346 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 12:18:38 »
Quick question:

I'm still confused about the pricing.

If I want a GH60 with Red MX in the Poker design, all assembled...how much would it cost in $US + shipping to US?

Offline elton5354

« Reply #347 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 12:23:10 »

So do you mean a 1.25 Row 3 "Enter" and a 1.00 Row 3 keycap with a different legend?

In what, White on Red?  (My palette is Red, Blue, Green, Yellow and White.)

I can add those keys, and I already have pricing; I just need to know exactly what you want.  And, of course, volume determines cost.

- Ron | samwisekoi
Show Image

Yeah, 1x and 1.25x on Row 3 for the enter key as well as L.Shift with 1x, 1.25, and 1x backspace. White on Red is perfect for my Klaxon set =D

Also for the R.Shift 1.75x and 1x - I didn't get the tsangan set for Klaxon

Offline pasph

« Reply #348 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 14:13:40 »
+1 for a 1.25 Row 3 "Enter" in any color gets better price
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Fred

« Reply #349 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 14:14:00 »
Hope I got the ordering right. Baylife!