Author Topic: [IC] The After Klaxon group buy discussion  (Read 52648 times)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Re: [IC] The After Klaxon group buy discussion
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 05 March 2013, 13:51:47 »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 05 March 2013, 14:22:09 »
GMK Miami set, please and thank you tj bro!

I'm down :D

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 05 March 2013, 14:36:20 »
That solid GMK Orange looks awesome to me.. I'd be in for  a set of CCnO.

Personally, I'm mostly interested in full sets. =)

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
Re: [IC] The After Klaxon group buy/Angry angry klaxon 1st official sale
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 05 March 2013, 14:40:57 »
So I think the next set I'm going to do is just going to suddenly be for sale, almost like I'm a retailer (Cause I would be).  Even still, I'm looking for good bets as to what to get and here are my thoughts:
From GMK -
-Black/white.  It's a simple classic combo that I haven't seen much talk about coming through a group buy, but one that I think would sell reasonably well.
- purple mods.  They look super sharp on black inputs.
- CCnO.  There's a new thread about getting it done through SP, but I think it may be popular enough to get through GMK and get that solid goodness.
- ESC key red/white.  I know I just did klaxon, but the red is different enough to differentiate this set, on top of the thicker plastics.
I've got other stuff I'm thinking about getting a hold of other than this, but that will have to wait, heh.

I think Black on White with grayish mods would looks really clean.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #104 on: Tue, 05 March 2013, 19:19:12 »
In the next couple days, expect Interest checks to go up for Miami and CCnO.  I'll contact GMK and SP to get quotes from both in the morning.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 05 March 2013, 19:24:52 »
CCnO? Where did that come from? And what would the approximate SP color codes be?

NVM, found it. :D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 06 March 2013, 00:36:04 »
In the next couple days, expect Interest checks to go up for Miami and CCnO.  I'll contact GMK and SP to get quotes from both in the morning.

Miami looks nice

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 06 March 2013, 14:45:28 »
Dat Creamsicle set!

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #108 on: Wed, 06 March 2013, 17:06:54 »
I won't be changing the two ICs inc, but I totally forgot about trying to do a SoWaRe replica.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 06 March 2013, 17:15:03 »
Why do SoWaRe replica (WYSE replica replica)? Do actual WYSE replica! :D

Oh yeah, and 3000 posts!!!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #110 on: Wed, 06 March 2013, 17:28:16 »
I'm going to tentatively pull ockc off the table as it looks like sherry "is going to sell it soon"

But he won't be using paypal, ONLY Credit Card payments are accepted by him.  >:(

If you are going to offer any kind of Key-set sale you have to include Paypal or it's not on.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #111 on: Wed, 06 March 2013, 17:34:10 »
I'm going to tentatively pull ockc off the table as it looks like sherry "is going to sell it soon"

But he won't be using paypal, ONLY Credit Card payments are accepted by him.  >:(

If you are going to offer any kind of Key-set sale you have to include Paypal or it's not on.

I plan to, especially after the BS with klaxon.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #112 on: Wed, 06 March 2013, 21:22:18 »
Why do SoWaRe replica (WYSE replica replica)? Do actual WYSE replica! :D

Oh yeah, and 3000 posts!!!
There is already an IC for WYSE replica, and I think soware looks better anyways.

Offline fydo

• Meow!
« Reply #113 on: Thu, 07 March 2013, 13:51:38 »
I like to throw in a vote for both CCnB and Coffee & Cream. :D
CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid | Ducky Shine II (White LED)

Offline Leewei

« Reply #114 on: Thu, 07 March 2013, 14:02:48 »
You can get coffee and cream from keypop.net. =)
Filco Majestouch 2 Beige TKL with MX Reds
Qsenn dt-35

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #115 on: Thu, 07 March 2013, 14:10:05 »
I'd be in as well for the orange/charcoal/grey.  That's a very classy look.

The OCKG color scheme is the only one I've seen in this thread that I'd be interested in.  If Sherryton/others don't end up offering this will there be an updated IC?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #116 on: Thu, 07 March 2013, 14:11:24 »
And I don't think CCnB will be a go, what with RainDrop going on...

in memoriam

Offline mushupork

• I am not knowing
« Reply #117 on: Thu, 07 March 2013, 14:53:49 »
How about a Woodland camo themed keyset?  Dark green keys, brown modifiers ... or maybe random numbers of same colored keys groups together rather than defined sections/rows of color.  Blaze orange font. 

Future sets in the same vein could be the Desert Camo, Grassland Camo, Shipboard Camo, Winter Camo.  Kind of like the RA/Klaxon is Red v. White while is RainDrop and Toxic is the same idea but with Blue v. White or Black v. Lime Green.

I thought of this when I saw the Camo Filco pics and how different people chose different color keysets because they could not match the greens. 

EDIT:  Saw this right after I posted ... http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39741.0
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 March 2013, 14:57:52 by mushupork »
Wanted:  Windowed capslock for a QFR

Offline fydo

• Meow!
« Reply #118 on: Thu, 07 March 2013, 16:19:01 »

I did see that earlier, but I won't be ordering it for a few reasons:

1) $95 is a little pricey for just a TKL set
2) I'd want the matching 17key set as well
3) They've fixed this already, but they initially had a misleading image showing that you would get novelty keys instead of the proper F5-F8 keys and a coffee colored spacebar only
4) I took a look at the shipping policy information page on their site and they state that international shipping costs $3.99 + $0.10 per keycap. So for a 95-key set, this should be $13.49. When I add the keyset to my cart, shipping is $24.99!

For the above reasons, I'd much rather order a keyset from someone that I respect and trust. TJ has definitely earned that (for me, anyways) with his excellent Klaxon group buy.

Sorry for threadcrapping, but I just wanted to illustrate that there is still demand for a Coffee & Cream set. Thanks!

Offline Leewei

« Reply #119 on: Thu, 07 March 2013, 16:56:17 »
I would like a graphite/black set. They look pretty awesome =D
Filco Majestouch 2 Beige TKL with MX Reds
Qsenn dt-35

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #120 on: Fri, 08 March 2013, 03:17:14 »

3) They've fixed this already, but they initially had a misleading image showing that you would get novelty keys instead of the proper F5-F8 keys and a coffee colored spacebar only
4) I took a look at the shipping policy information page on their site and they state that international shipping costs $3.99 + $0.10 per keycap. So for a 95-key set, this should be $13.49. When I add the keyset to my cart, shipping is $24.99!

For the above reasons, I'd much rather order a keyset from someone that I respect and trust. TJ has definitely earned that (for me, anyways) with his excellent Klaxon group buy.

Sorry for threadcrapping, but I just wanted to illustrate that there is still demand for a Coffee & Cream set. Thanks!

+1 for a coffee set

I was tempted to buy that coffee set from keypop, but it was just to pricey in the end especially with shipping to EU

A group buy could solve this issue ;)

Offline KeyPop

• * Vendor
  • www.KeyPop.net [키팝.net]
    • KeyPop.net
« Reply #121 on: Fri, 08 March 2013, 13:49:30 »

1.) We believe $95(roughly $1 per keycap) is a very fair price for the keyset. Unfortunately we cannot sell at manufacturer prices for obvious reasons. We're sorry you feel that way.
3.) Our initial picture clearly showed you were receiving 2 space bars. One of each color. We stated multiple times that the f5-f8 keys were going to be included.
4.) We chose to ship all keysets via Priority Mail. We specifically chose that shipping option because of the quick delivery time. First Class Mail was very unreliable and at times the packages were delivered even a month after they were shipped out. This created problems for us where we were unable to issue refunds correctly. We're not making any money off of the shipping cost. In fact we're paying around a dollar or two from our own pockets to ship it out.

We perfectly understand and respect your opinion on this but we felt obligated to correct some of the misunderstanding that's been going on. We are thinking about providing cheaper shipping but the price difference is not too big. 7-30 day wait vs 5-10 day wait was just more applicable.

Offline fydo

• Meow!
« Reply #122 on: Fri, 08 March 2013, 15:54:39 »
4.) We chose to ship all keysets via Priority Mail. We specifically chose that shipping option because of the quick delivery time. First Class Mail was very unreliable and at times the packages were delivered even a month after they were shipped out. This created problems for us where we were unable to issue refunds correctly. We're not making any money off of the shipping cost. In fact we're paying around a dollar or two from our own pockets to ship it out.

There's nothing wrong with requiring Priority Mail for keysets, but the shipping policy page *still* lists the incorrect information regarding pricing for international shipping. ($3.99 for the first keycap + $0.10 per extra, with optional Priority Mail for at most an extra $10)

I realize most of this is nitpicky, but these little mistakes make me uneasy to order from KeyPop. I'd definitely give TJ my full support if he decided to do a Coffee & Cream set!

Offline WarNutts

« Reply #123 on: Sun, 10 March 2013, 13:10:32 »
gun metal and orange set plox.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #124 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 13:05:24 »
I've asked kaporkle for a price to get nice renders, but for now, which white/cream cheese looks best?

http://lab.cubiq.org/kbcc/#OBC,WBO,WBO,OBC

http://lab.cubiq.org/kbcc/#OBC,WCK,WCK,OBC

http://lab.cubiq.org/kbcc/#OBC,WA,WA,OBC

I've also got first correspondence in with GMK, I'm waiting on a reply with some orange and white color options from them.

Offline Sai

« Reply #125 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 19:21:17 »
I've asked kaporkle for a price to get nice renders, but for now, which white/cream cheese looks best?

I've also got first correspondence in with GMK, I'm waiting on a reply with some orange and white color options from them.

I like the WBO, OBC.
WCK is too bright for me.  :rolleyes:
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #126 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 19:24:57 »
I'm a fan of the WCK. It's actually darker than it shows on the monitor. It's what was used for CCnG. WA is WAy too bright, like needles in your eyes bright.

in memoriam

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 19:40:37 »
Also, I'm thinking about this not getting much momentum until 3rd quarter of this year.  It's starting to feel like we're close to market saturation on any custom stuff with how much came out this quarter.

I may even do this through SP with DSA profile instead of GMK because I'm not entirely sure how I'll get 400 sets sold.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
Re: Re: [IC] The After Klaxon group buy discussion
« Reply #128 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 20:05:41 »
Also, I'm thinking about this not getting much momentum until 3rd quarter of this year.  It's starting to feel like we're close to market saturation on any custom stuff with how much came out this quarter.

I may even do this through SP with DSA profile instead of GMK because I'm not entirely sure how I'll get 400 sets sold.

Maybe you should do this through Imsto instead haha - http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=41187

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #129 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 20:07:26 »
This would be for next year or a small run this year, but I'm thinking of getting a clear polycarb set organized.  Don't know if I will for sure yet, though.

Maybe you should do this through Imsto instead haha - http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=41187

Hmm, good point.  We'll see if GMK ever gets back to me and maybe I'll do both(black blank and CCnO) at once...

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #130 on: Fri, 15 March 2013, 02:45:04 »

My wallet says "Thank you!"

:D

Offline Saturn

« Reply #131 on: Fri, 15 March 2013, 02:52:32 »
how about glow-in-the-dark bright green legends on purple keys

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #132 on: Mon, 18 March 2013, 20:43:06 »
I wonder if there'd be anyone interested in a b-series 33key input set.  I've asked sleabo about pricing/MoQ already, because I think I'd like a set that matched my f-row and number row.

Offline i488

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #134 on: Wed, 20 March 2013, 12:03:13 »
CCnO renders coming soon.

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #135 on: Wed, 20 March 2013, 12:07:18 »
I wonder if there'd be anyone interested in a b-series 33key input set.  I've asked sleabo about pricing/MoQ already, because I think I'd like a set that matched my f-row and number row.

I think an 87-key B-series kit would be awesome, but I can understand restrictions...

so +1 to B-series 33 key.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 20 March 2013, 12:09:31 »

I think an 87-key B-series kit would be awesome, but I can understand restrictions...

so +1 to B-series 33 key.

I'm waiting on a price, still.  I fully expect the 33-key to brush $100

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #137 on: Wed, 20 March 2013, 14:57:20 »

OBC and WA - WCK both look so damn good I can't decide.
http://lab.cubiq.org/kbcc/#YW,WCK,WCK,YW?
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 March 2013, 23:11:34 by noisyturtle »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #138 on: Wed, 20 March 2013, 14:59:38 »
Based on the quarter-res renders he's given me on half of what I requested so far, I think this could be a huge hit

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #139 on: Thu, 21 March 2013, 17:49:46 »
Because I'm bored :

Orange on cream inc, as well as full keyboard shots in 60% and tkl and cherry and dsa profile.

Offline Sai

« Reply #140 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 02:12:13 »
Because I'm bored :

Show Image

Orange on cream inc, as well as full keyboard shots in 60% and tkl and cherry and dsa profile.
Olange !!
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #141 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 03:17:03 »
Because I'm bored :

Show Image

Beautiful!!

Do want  :D

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #142 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 11:43:36 »
Because I'm bored :

Show Image

damn that looks good

I'm going to need more keyboards.....LOL

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #143 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 14:01:07 »
Seeing more complete pictures, gotta say, it'll be a tough decision between dsa and cherry for these...

Also, sleabo got back to me about input keys in b-series and it's looking like ~ $80 plus assorted fees.  I'll toss an IC specific to it up soon.

Offline redeye

« Reply #144 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 17:06:18 »
Cherry's still got it  :D

Offline redeye

« Reply #145 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 15:57:53 »
For me the dsa shape suits darker colour configurations like dolch but cherry suits the lighter colours. But having said that i bet seeing these colours in dsa will probably make me look like a fool.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #146 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 21:27:59 »
Waiting on a couple more renders to get completed and then we'll let the class decide.  I'm completely torn like to the degree I wouldn't mind trying to run both through, heh.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
[IC] The After Klaxon group buy discussion
« Reply #147 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 21:40:07 »
Waiting on a couple more renders to get completed and then we'll let the class decide.  I'm completely torn like to the degree I wouldn't mind trying to run both through, heh.

As long as these are available in an all WoO set, like your first render, I'm all over this.

in memoriam

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #148 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 21:59:25 »
I do like the WoO (I like the Windows 8 logo, but not Windows 8!)

Now if SP would make a mold for that stupid Leopold Spacebar...
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #149 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 23:37:13 »

As long as these are available in an all WoO set, like your first render, I'm all over this.

If it's a gmk set, that's all I'm doing, if I go SP, I'll be doing it like klaxon