Author Topic: [GB] ZZ96 v2 r2 (replacements in progress)  (Read 262331 times)

Offline LunarisDream

Re: [GB] ZZ96 (ver. 2) round 2 (orders temporarily reopened)
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 22:02:55 »
Show Image

Here is my silver, they don't have this color option for the second round, but its a nice case. ( i ditched the pcb though, can't comment on it )

Oh my god that is my dream colour. The absence of this colour is why i hesitated in the first place. In fact, I have joined the waiting list, but this is making me think twice about it. Maybe it will come back in a round 3?

I'm gonna change your case & plate to Silver, okay?

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #101 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 23:02:12 »
So what is going on with the GB? Did the PayPal stuff go through or not? Is there a chance to breakpoints with the added orders

Still working it out with Paypal. Breakpoints are unlikely, as I'm working with individuals rather than large for-profit companies like SP/GMK.

yes! production incoming :p

Offline Atredl

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 01:04:55 »
Aw ****. I forgot to add that color.

Oops.

Added that into the form.

Aww yissss! Silver plate here I come!

Offline Pieminister

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 02:32:25 »
Show Image

Here is my silver, they don't have this color option for the second round, but its a nice case. ( i ditched the pcb though, can't comment on it )

Oh my god that is my dream colour. The absence of this colour is why i hesitated in the first place. In fact, I have joined the waiting list, but this is making me think twice about it. Maybe it will come back in a round 3?

Oh my goodness that is the best news ever! I sent you a PM to confirm. Thank you so much. Can't wait to get my invoice.

Offline ipley

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 08:26:02 »
hello~

i want color change

LightGrey -> Silver.

cplease confirm.

Offline Ronnn

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 09:26:04 »
Anyone know if this PCB fits in the lightsaver v2 case?

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #106 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 10:13:20 »
Show Image

If it's not too much trouble, could you change my case and plate to silver as well? /u/terrymathews on Reddit. Thanks!

Offline joostflux

• Cars, computers, anime, and keyboards
« Reply #107 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 10:20:18 »
Hey there! I did not know this was on GH until just a bit ago. I filled out the form on Reddit 5 days ago and I was not sure if I asked for the light gold or the gold top case. I would very much like it to be the gold one if possible. Well, if I can get in the GB. Totally understand if I did not make it. /u/joostflux on Reddit, so same username as on here.

Thanks for doing this awesome group buy :)

Endgame? There is no endgame.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #108 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 10:53:20 »
Color changes confirmed for you quoted folks.

Aw ****. I forgot to add that color.

Oops.

Added that into the form.

Aww yissss! Silver plate here I come!

Show Image

Oh my goodness that is the best news ever! I sent you a PM to confirm. Thank you so much. Can't wait to get my invoice.

hello~

i want color change

LightGrey -> Silver.

cplease confirm.

Show Image

If it's not too much trouble, could you change my case and plate to silver as well? /u/terrymathews on Reddit. Thanks!

Hey there! I did not know this was on GH until just a bit ago. I filled out the form on Reddit 5 days ago and I was not sure if I asked for the light gold or the gold top case. I would very much like it to be the gold one if possible. Well, if I can get in the GB. Totally understand if I did not make it. /u/joostflux on Reddit, so same username as on here.

Thanks for doing this awesome group buy :)

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #109 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 23:37:20 »
Section for updates:

4/8/2016 (Beijing time)

Got off the phone with Paypal. More news coming within 48 hours, but it looks like things will work out, with Paypal holding some of the funds while I access enough to proceed with manufacturing. Depending on how it goes, this buy may be divided into two batches a la Whitefox drop. I will start firing off the remaining invoices within the next two days as well.

And to the person who submitted an order with just "reddit" and "cyan", I need your reddit username, email, and method of payment. Please PM me the details.

If the production gonna divided into 2 batch
Could you make a docs to see whos in 1st and 2nd batch
Hope i got in the 1st batch :(

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #110 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 23:51:22 »
Section for updates:

4/8/2016 (Beijing time)

Got off the phone with Paypal. More news coming within 48 hours, but it looks like things will work out, with Paypal holding some of the funds while I access enough to proceed with manufacturing. Depending on how it goes, this buy may be divided into two batches a la Whitefox drop. I will start firing off the remaining invoices within the next two days as well.

And to the person who submitted an order with just "reddit" and "cyan", I need your reddit username, email, and method of payment. Please PM me the details.

If the production gonna divided into 2 batch
Could you make a docs to see whos in 1st and 2nd batch
Hope i got in the 1st batch :(

Seconded. I would be heartbroken to be put in the second batch at this point  :confused:

Offline Pieminister

Re: [GB] ZZ96 (ver. 2) r2 (status: on hold pending Paypal action)
« Reply #111 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 14:51:43 »
Thank you for the update.

I will go and set up google wallet when I am at home. Does it work similar to paypal, i.e. will we get an email with an invoice whenever you are ready to send them?

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 15:36:42 »
Thank you for the update.

I will go and set up google wallet when I am at home. Does it work similar to paypal, i.e. will we get an email with an invoice whenever you are ready to send them?

Similar, but the interface has a lot less tools. Functional enough for our usage. If you have a Google account, simply log in and bind your credit/debit card. I can send out money requests (the only form of payment via GW) via Gmail, which you will receive a notification for in your gmail account, and can pay through GW. If we move to GW, I will have to have everyone send me their precise mailing address, as there's no easy click-to-ship option in GW.

Offline tkpresent

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 18:23:57 »
Thank you for your updates.

I'm OK to use GW.
But, just wondering about the refund process of my Paypal payment.
I mean that I already made a payment for this GB and want to get the money back first.
Then, I think I will be able to pay through the GW.
- HHKB
- Varmilo VA68M
- Octagon V2
- TX 87
- ZZ96
- TX1800

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #114 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 19:36:31 »
PayPal will let you refund payments from a frozen account. It's the only thing you can do with the money until they unfreeze it.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #115 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 19:37:41 »

I'm OK to use GW.
I mean that I already made a payment for this GB and want to get the money back first.

Yeah, I totally understand. I'm saying that you should prepare a GW account to ease the transition, since there is still a slim chance that Paypal will cooperate. If I send the refund through Paypal, it'll be processed instantly, and you can either pay immediately or wait the 3-5 days for Paypal to do its thing first.

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #116 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 20:08:17 »
So what now? Are you gonna refund our payment from paypal? I'd rather not, seeing recent strength of my country currency against dollar.
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #117 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 21:50:06 »
im okay with using GW

I'm OK to use GW.

Yeah, I totally understand. I'm saying that you should prepare a GW account to ease the transition, since there is still a slim chance that Paypal will cooperate. If I send the refund through Paypal, it'll be processed instantly, and you can either pay immediately or wait the 3-5 days for Paypal to do its thing first.

+1
the problem is, i cant pay using GW before you refund PP because my CC already touch the limit.  :))

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #118 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 22:12:07 »

I'm OK to use GW.

I'm willing to send you GW if that's what needs to happen, however I'll need my money back via Paypal first, and it'll take however many days it takes to credit back to my checking account before I can pay you again. I don't want to lose my place in line if you end up splitting into multiple shipments.

Offline tkpresent

« Reply #119 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 22:20:23 »

I'm OK to use GW.

Yup, I got it.
I'll prepare the GW.
But, hope Paypal will cooperate!
- HHKB
- Varmilo VA68M
- Octagon V2
- TX 87
- ZZ96
- TX1800

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #120 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 22:23:07 »

I'm OK to use GW.

Yup, I got it.
I'll prepare the GW.
But, hope Paypal will cooperate!

yeah we hope paypal will cooperate  :-*

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 01:30:28 »

I'm OK to use GW.

I'm willing to send you GW if that's what needs to happen, however I'll need my money back via Paypal first, and it'll take however many days it takes to credit back to my checking account before I can pay you again. I don't want to lose my place in line if you end up splitting into multiple shipments.

Uh huh. I'm still hoping that Paypal will let up, but in the event that it does not, I will give everyone ample time for the refunds to go into their bank accounts and reclaim their place in line - the order won't change.

So what now? Are you gonna refund our payment from paypal? I'd rather not, seeing recent strength of my country currency against dollar.

I can probably field international orders through Paypal if there aren't many, especially if it's in a region where Google Wallet is unavailable. The first run had 9 orders through Paypal and they went through hassle-free.

Perhaps I should look into Stripe? I've seen some EU GB leaders use that recently.

Offline gain

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 01:38:44 »
Welp guess I'll get google wallet set-up just in case, fingers crossed for you m8  :thumb:

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #123 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 14:20:07 »
hey lunaris, i have some info that may be interesting to you. i just got off the phone with paypal, trying to head-off any of these issues for the phantom group buy. The rep told me that ANY transaction could be randomly frozen. (apparently no one knows the criteria in the system - it's just random) If that happens, the seller just needs to mark the item as "shipped" and the funds will be released within 7 days. Tracking does not need to be provided at this time, but can be added later. Your account is not frozen, just the transaction, and not every transaction. it is a case-by-case basis.

doesn't seem like it's making anyone safer. basically just a CYA move by paypal

Offline breitling

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 18:17:40 »
That's too bad.. I will probably back out if Paypal is not an option. I don't like to pay paypal exchange rates and only spend money I have in my paypal balance from having sold something prior. My way of budgeting. Here's hoping PP will work out!

Offline quantrix

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 20:03:07 »
For installing in-switch LEDs, do I need to worry about resistors with the PCB?  Most of the build logs people just solder the LED without a resistor, and I can't find a definite source to research this.  All the Wikis are too vague or don't mention it.  I'm also considering SIP sockets, but I don't think that will make a difference.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 21:23:20 »
hey lunaris, i have some info that may be interesting to you. i just got off the phone with paypal, trying to head-off any of these issues for the phantom group buy. The rep told me that ANY transaction could be randomly frozen. (apparently no one knows the criteria in the system - it's just random) If that happens, the seller just needs to mark the item as "shipped" and the funds will be released within 7 days. Tracking does not need to be provided at this time, but can be added later. Your account is not frozen, just the transaction, and not every transaction. it is a case-by-case basis.

doesn't seem like it's making anyone safer. basically just a CYA move by paypal

Hey dude, I really appreciate your help! But unfortunately, I don't think I'm in the same boat as what the rep is describing. The message center notified me that my entire account is put on hold, unable to even withdraw my personal funds that I had in it previously (which is kinda no bueno considering I spent a good chunk buying some nice secondhand kbs that I sold off, along with tons of kb stuff). I am required to provide proof of delivery, not just shipment, such as a tracking number to the confirmed address that shows up as having been completed.

I hit $3k in the previous buy without issue, but at 50 orders currently with ~30 outstanding invoices @ ~$300 each, Paypal is out to prevent losses.

For installing in-switch LEDs, do I need to worry about resistors with the PCB?  Most of the build logs people just solder the LED without a resistor, and I can't find a definite source to research this.  All the Wikis are too vague or don't mention it.  I'm also considering SIP sockets, but I don't think that will make a difference.

No, resistors come presoldered on the PCB. Only thing you need to solder are switches. SIP sockets are inserted w/ the switch and doesn't have anything to do with the PCB's SMT components. Do note that you should insert an LED into the SIP sockets before soldering it onto the board in order to have the SIP sockets sit straight as you solder, otherwise they might wiggle around and make it hard to insert LEDs later.

Offline Xiro7

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 21:35:16 »
Is this affecting only international orders or domestic also? I personally know the people at Dwolla if you are looking for other CONUS options. They also don't charge any fees.

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #128 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 22:43:25 »
hope paypal change their mind next week. :'(

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #129 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 16:45:47 »
OMG...hopefully this will go thru...
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 23:04:25 »
I managed to get my google wallet working, fingers crossed if paypal decided to not be an ass on this GB

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 17:13:16 »
Any update on the paypal situation?

Also I was wondering if there was any other soldering to do other than switches such as the rgb leds?

Offline quantrix

« Reply #132 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 20:10:56 »

Also I was wondering if there was any other soldering to do other than switches such as the rgb leds?

The RGB LEDs are pre-soldered, so the only thing to do is solder the switches (plus in-switch LEDs if you want).

Offline airs

« Reply #133 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 14:54:42 »
Just submitted my order - silver case and silver plate. This'll be my first custom - super excited! Thanks for running this GB LunarisDream.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 April 2016, 15:15:05 by airs »
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #134 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 23:53:37 »

The RGB LEDs are pre-soldered, so the only thing to do is solder the switches (plus in-switch LEDs if you want).

Well that makes things even easier then!

Offline LunarisDream

Re: [GB] ZZ96 (ver. 2) r2 (status: migrating to GW)
« Reply #135 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 12:10:16 »
Dejected update bump

Offline Pieminister

« Reply #136 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 12:41:24 »
Dont worry dude! You are trying your best!

Offline reggalicious

« Reply #137 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 12:52:02 »
Dejected update bump

Worth the wait.  You da real MVP.

Offline breitling

« Reply #138 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 13:09:49 »
Bummed that paypal didn't work out :( don't have the budget to put on the credit card unfortunately. I have to back out unfortunately.

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #139 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 13:37:16 »
It sucks that it didn't work with PP but hopefully GW treats us better! Do we need to give you any extra info to make this work?

Offline darkclone24

« Reply #140 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 13:44:19 »
No worries about using Google Wallet - do we have any forms to fill out or anything?
RS84 67g Zealio Purple | Choc Mini MX Black | WASD V2 MX Clear | Golbat 78g Zealio Purple | Duck Octagon V2 MX Clear

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #141 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 14:01:13 »
ok now im try make a GW.
hope there will be no problem with GW this time.
but still have to wait until 20 april, i need to refresh my CC balance first :p
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 April 2016, 14:10:43 by gadzkun »

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #142 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 15:40:38 »
Good luck with GW! I really hope everything works out for you guys!
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Radlife

« Reply #143 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 15:56:39 »
Can we join if we weren't in the PayPal group of people? I was too late for that.

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #144 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 20:26:54 »
Hey man, I refilled the form, with my GW email I set just before, hopefully it works now.

Offline Butter

« Reply #145 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 20:41:48 »
So do I need to do now for those of us that got refund? Do I need to refilled the form?

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #146 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 23:15:41 »
do we need to fill a new order form?

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #147 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 00:01:30 »
It sucks that it didn't work with PP but hopefully GW treats us better! Do we need to give you any extra info to make this work?

Yes, please fill out the new order form with your GW and shipping info.

No worries about using Google Wallet - do we have any forms to fill out or anything?

Yep, the new order form found within the OP.

So do I need to do now for those of us that got refund? Do I need to refilled the form?

Yessir.

Can we join if we weren't in the PayPal group of people? I was too late for that.

Yes. The order form has been remade, and some people had to back out because they cannot use GW. Feel free to join.

Thanks dude, same to you!

Yep, please fill out the new order form so I can get your shipping info and GW email.

Offline Butter

« Reply #148 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 00:50:24 »

Yes, please fill out the new order form with your GW and shipping info.

Yep, the new order form found within the OP.

Yessir.

Yes. The order form has been remade, and some people had to back out because they cannot use GW. Feel free to join.

Thanks dude, same to you!

Yep, please fill out the new order form so I can get your shipping info and GW email.

Filled out the form change the color to dark blue. It will be nice if you can find a way to accept credit card. I really hate my bank  :)

Offline joostflux

• Cars, computers, anime, and keyboards
« Reply #149 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 00:57:06 »
New form filled out :thumb:

Endgame? There is no endgame.