Author Topic: [GB] ZZ96 v2 r2 (replacements in progress)  (Read 262509 times)

Offline forevermadrigal

Re: [GB] ZZ96 v2 r2 (US shipped sans extras, int'l mostly shipped, v2.5 in-prog)
« Reply #650 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 15:59:15 »
Wish I knew about this drop earlier, I need a zz96 in my life FeelsBadMan

Offline sparkybear

Re: [GB] ZZ96 v2 r2 (US shipped sans extras, int'l mostly shipped, v2.5 in-prog)
« Reply #651 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 18:09:38 »
Do we have an ETA on extra boards? Or at least an ETA on when the PCBs will be complete?

Offline sudafed

« Reply #652 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 10:55:52 »
Hi LD, tried contacting you on your Paypal email but got no response. Could you please check your mail and provide an update on the 2nd round international orders that still haven't shipped. PayPal protection is running out and the lack of communication is getting a bit of a concern.
cheers!

Offline boo

« Reply #653 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 09:47:37 »
I have a ink blue (dark blue) and light gold plate on order. If anyone wants, I am willing to sell my spot. pm me.

Offline boo

« Reply #654 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 11:55:07 »
I have a ink blue (dark blue) and light gold plate on order. If anyone wants, I am willing to sell my spot. pm me.

pending sale.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #655 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 12:36:51 »
hey LD, its been a while. any updates/progress from china?

Offline hkf

• your #1 fan
« Reply #656 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 17:01:50 »

Some pictures of the finished product.

Offline breitling

« Reply #657 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 17:17:40 »
Wooo velly nice!

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #658 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 17:48:00 »

Gorgeous build!!

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #659 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 19:55:15 »

[/quote]
Show Image

Show Image

Love it!! So clean!
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 October 2016, 09:11:55 by BAS1C »

Offline Maevy

« Reply #660 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 04:53:19 »
28 August, he said it was in his apartment and he was going to ship them within a couple of days...

And now it is 18 October.. so almost 2 months ago.

I am still hoping my order will be shipped soon.

Offline Maevy

« Reply #661 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 05:56:01 »
I just got a response now, some mistakes made but nothing major and they have been solved now!

I bet he is very busy as we all are with our lives :)

Offline breitling

« Reply #662 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 09:58:10 »
I just got a response now, some mistakes made but nothing major and they have been solved now!

Thats basically what he told me a month ago, but mine is still not shipped. did he say all the remaining international orders were ready to be shipped and would be shortly?

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #663 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 10:22:48 »

Thats basically what he told me a month ago, but mine is still not shipped. did he say all the remaining international orders were ready to be shipped and would be shortly?

Hey dude, there was a mixup with Maevy's order - his was supposed to be sent to a Chinese address, but I accidentally sent it to the reshipper with the others.

Yours has been received by the reshipper and it will arrive at your door within the next 7 days, with tracking # in the next 48 hours.

Offline Jumie

« Reply #664 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 10:24:31 »
any timeline for v2.5?

Offline breitling

« Reply #665 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 10:41:35 »
Hey dude, there was a mixup with Maevy's order - his was supposed to be sent to a Chinese address, but I accidentally sent it to the reshipper with the others.

Yours has been received by the reshipper and it will arrive at your door within the next 7 days, with tracking # in the next 48 hours.

Nice surprise! Thanks for the good news LD!

That's a bummer about Maevy's order, hopefully that one is easy to resolve.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #666 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 10:48:33 »

Pics when you get it! I love seeing all these builds.

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #667 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 11:19:18 »
any timeline for v2.5?

Dying to know this as well  :thumb:

Offline breitling

« Reply #668 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 15:56:54 »
Pics when you get it! I love seeing all these builds.

Absolutely bro! More I think about this the more excited I am getting!  ;D :cool: :D

Offline sparkybear

« Reply #669 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 22:44:29 »

Should we expect the extras to come out as soon as well? Or are we still waiting on those?

Offline darkclone24

« Reply #670 on: Wed, 19 October 2016, 07:40:48 »

Hi Lunaris, does this include my international order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RS84 67g Zealio Purple | Choc Mini MX Black | WASD V2 MX Clear | Golbat 78g Zealio Purple | Duck Octagon V2 MX Clear

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #671 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 07:09:03 »

Yes it does. Yours was actually shipped yesterday. PMing you the tracking # now.

any timeline for v2.5?

Payment was submitted to the manufacturer. I'm expecting another 1.5-2 months for production to wrap up and sorting. Currently v2.5 is sitting on the back burner as I sort through other things, but if there's a noteworthy update, I will comment in and update this thread.

Should we expect the extras to come out as soon as well? Or are we still waiting on those?

Extras should've been sent out a long time ago, but there are discrepancies between what I'm supposed to have and what I do have both in China and the U.S. I'm working on fixing those and making sure everything is where they're supposed to be in order to send things out because I'm currently missing plates and PCBs here and there. Thanks for bearing with me on this and I'm sorry to keep you and the others waiting due to my mistake in managing the parts.

Offline Jumie

« Reply #672 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 07:32:17 »
thank for the update LD.. lot of time for collecting other parts for me then.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #673 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 15:58:55 »

Yes it does. Yours was actually shipped yesterday. PMing you the tracking # now.

any timeline for v2.5?

Payment was submitted to the manufacturer. I'm expecting another 1.5-2 months for production to wrap up and sorting. Currently v2.5 is sitting on the back burner as I sort through other things, but if there's a noteworthy update, I will comment in and update this thread.

Extras should've been sent out a long time ago, but there are discrepancies between what I'm supposed to have and what I do have both in China and the U.S. I'm working on fixing those and making sure everything is where they're supposed to be in order to send things out because I'm currently missing plates and PCBs here and there. Thanks for bearing with me on this and I'm sorry to keep you and the others waiting due to my mistake in managing the parts.

Thanks for update dude

Offline bleeps

« Reply #674 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 16:33:07 »

Thank you for the update!

Offline sparkybear

« Reply #675 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 22:21:51 »

[/quote]

Thanks, last update I had you were waiting on the PCB for my order but that was about a month ago. No worries, I'm just hoping to receive a message with my tracking number before the end of 2016 haha.

Offline breitling

« Reply #676 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 02:02:47 »
Got my tracking earlier today, very stoked! Glad to see the updates too.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #677 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 02:03:47 »
Unreal man. Stoked to see pics. Hopefully mine ships soon.. It's in the US (I believe awaiting PCB). Wood

Offline Panzerhawx

• Endgame is a lie. You just end up buying more.
    • cartel
« Reply #678 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 13:05:19 »
I know that this round of 96's are only just shipping out, but will there be a round 3 in the future? If so, when might it be? (Apologies if I sound impulsive.)

Offline sparkybear

« Reply #679 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 16:05:29 »
I know that this round of 96's are only just shipping out, but will there be a round 3 in the future? If so, when might it be? (Apologies if I sound impulsive.)

The 2.5's haven't even started shipping out. We're still waiting on some of the 2's even.

Offline Pinecone

• Pine Switches
« Reply #680 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 16:53:42 »
After the whole fallout of Originative's RS96 ****-show hype train, I really want in on this. Anyone thinking of backing out of theirs? Interested in Black or greys.

Offline witbliz

« Reply #681 on: Sat, 22 October 2016, 12:13:50 »

Just wanted to share the couple keyboard :)

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #682 on: Sat, 22 October 2016, 12:24:16 »
After the whole fallout of Originative's RS96 ****-show hype train, I really want in on this. Anyone thinking of backing out of theirs? Interested in Black or greys.

Good luck grabbing one! I know the RS96 was many people's fallback who didn't get in on this :(

Show Image

Looks great!
Just wanted to share the couple keyboard :)

Offline derpingit

« Reply #683 on: Sat, 22 October 2016, 22:16:09 »
LunarisDream .. still waiting for my board from R1 bruh :/

Offline darkclone24

« Reply #684 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 12:43:49 »
My parcel arrived today, had a fight with the packaging but I won in the end. Now for Zeal to ship the latest group buy...

RS84 67g Zealio Purple | Choc Mini MX Black | WASD V2 MX Clear | Golbat 78g Zealio Purple | Duck Octagon V2 MX Clear

Offline breitling

« Reply #685 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 17:18:54 »
My parcel arrived today, had a fight with the packaging but I won in the end. Now for Zeal to ship the latest group buy...

Nice!! Pics!!

Offline sparkybear

« Reply #686 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 23:08:11 »
Man, I need to get this new board asap. My other one just let the magic smoke out of its system and so I'm stuck on a rubber dome PoS. Hopefully my PCB has arrived so I can get my order in soon haha.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #687 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 23:13:39 »
Hopefully LD has an update for end of the week.

Offline breitling

« Reply #688 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 16:09:34 »
Just got my ZZ96 today! Little customs charge from DHL but no biggie. Still less than what I have to pay for a board or keyset from Massdrop at half the price! Haven't assembled yet but looks good. One funny thing was that one pair of the rubber feet were not cut so I had to cut them into two myself. Loving this blue though.. Its going to look good with my Dangerzone SA but I think I want to try it with GMK/Cherry Profile. Kind of wish I got in on GMK Hydro now... hard to swallow at $170 though. Maybe I will stick my EnjoyPBT RU Cyan on it and see how that goes.

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #689 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 18:00:35 »
Just got my ZZ96 today! Little customs charge from DHL but no biggie. Still less than what I have to pay for a board or keyset from Massdrop at half the price! Haven't assembled yet but looks good. One funny thing was that one pair of the rubber feet were not cut so I had to cut them into two myself. Loving this blue though.. Its going to look good with my Dangerzone SA but I think I want to try it with GMK/Cherry Profile. Kind of wish I got in on GMK Hydro now... hard to swallow at $170 though. Maybe I will stick my EnjoyPBT RU Cyan on it and see how that goes.

More
Show Image

Throw on GMK SkiData for a real throwback. Its probably not pleasing to the eye for most, but it makes me want to say GO GATA🐊
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline breitling

« Reply #690 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 18:11:13 »
Throw on GMK SkiData for a real throwback. Its probably not pleasing to the eye for most, but it makes me want to say GO GATA🐊
Show Image

Hah Skidata is awesome, but I'm not sure the blue is quite right for it. I do have a Sky Dolch, Keyboard & Co and Carbon incoming but not sure any of them match. I think GMK Hydro would look good but didn't buy in and its $170 now.. a bit rich for my blood after buying so much stuff lately.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #691 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 10:35:07 »
Hi all.

Unsent orders in the U.S. are currently being sorted. Still awaiting PCBs being sent from China which is also why I haven't put up the acrylic kits for sale yet. They've finally been sent out and are now en route to the shipping warehouse. I plan for them to be shipped as soon as they arrive.

Got a few more international orders out. Currently there are 3 cases that arrived with major damage which I've put in orders to replace out of the group's contingency fund, which is nearly dry. Also, because of this, I've put in an order for custom packaging (for R2.5) and also beefing up my current packaging practices, including additional folds of bubble wrap on each corner of the case as well as foam inserts on all sides. And tape. Never too much tape. This is both because I can't afford to have another case arrive damaged, and because I don't want anyone else to receive a damaged case.

I have four kits remaining to be shipped in my room, one silver, one light gray, one red, and one black. A couple more in the U.S. I have the PCBs with me, but I believe some plates are in the U.S. -_- I'm tallying up the totals in both the U.S. and here so I can see if any plates are MIA. If so, I'm afraid you'll have to replace them with silver.

Bonus update: IMSTO's keysets appear to be nearing completion. http://sli.mg/a/Izj02v
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 October 2016, 10:42:04 by LunarisDream »

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #692 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 10:39:13 »
Great update! Thanks LD! Hope the rest of the process goes smoothly for you. Good call on the packaging. Looking forward to those PCBs arriving in US!

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #693 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 12:55:43 »
Got a few more international orders out. Currently there are 3 cases that arrived with major damage
Care to show pictures? If it's not tooooooooo bad I might jump in with the damaged case and a PCB

Offline sparkybear

« Reply #694 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 19:45:23 »
Hi all.

Unsent orders in the U.S. are currently being sorted. Still awaiting PCBs being sent from China which is also why I haven't put up the acrylic kits for sale yet. They've finally been sent out and are now en route to the shipping warehouse. I plan for them to be shipped as soon as they arrive.

Got a few more international orders out. Currently there are 3 cases that arrived with major damage which I've put in orders to replace out of the group's contingency fund, which is nearly dry. Also, because of this, I've put in an order for custom packaging (for R2.5) and also beefing up my current packaging practices, including additional folds of bubble wrap on each corner of the case as well as foam inserts on all sides. And tape. Never too much tape. This is both because I can't afford to have another case arrive damaged, and because I don't want anyone else to receive a damaged case.

I have four kits remaining to be shipped in my room, one silver, one light gray, one red, and one black. A couple more in the U.S. I have the PCBs with me, but I believe some plates are in the U.S. -_- I'm tallying up the totals in both the U.S. and here so I can see if any plates are MIA. If so, I'm afraid you'll have to replace them with silver.

Bonus update: IMSTO's keysets appear to be nearing completion. http://sli.mg/a/Izj02v

Awesome to hear, thanks!

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #695 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 04:36:37 »
Care to show pictures? If it's not tooooooooo bad I might jump in with the damaged case and a PCB

I have the pics but they really belong to the owners of those boards now, and they'll need replacements to arrive before they can offload the damaged cases.

Awesome to hear, thanks!

Sorry for the long, long wait. PCBs are at the warehouse and being prepped for shipping to the US.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #696 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 07:37:09 »

Sorry for the long, long wait. PCBs are at the warehouse and being prepped for shipping to the US.

Wow awesome! Can't wait man, thanks for the update. Looking forward to that sweet tracking no.

Offline breitling

« Reply #697 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 09:41:45 »

Wow awesome! Can't wait man, thanks for the update. Looking forward to that sweet tracking no.

gonna be worth the wait! its a bottom mount board but feels way better than the red scarf boards. really happy with the feel of it so far though i have not finished soldering yet.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #698 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 12:35:06 »
Hi all.

Wow those green dyesubs with sublegends look really good, are they gonna be for sale or is it only to fulfill GB orders?
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline breitling

« Reply #699 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 11:27:55 »
Assembled but looking to make some tweaks and maybe add backlighting. Have 65g MX Clears in there and quite liking them on this board. Has a bit of flex in the plate/pcb up around the numpad area where there are no screws.. I think it would be improved if there was another screwdown point somewhere around there. Also the lowest left side screw hole doesn't line up with the PCB unless I pushed the plate and PCB all the way to the left but then the keys would rub at corners so I couldn't really use it. One of the RGB LEDs had a solder pad that was a cold joint and I had to redo it because it would change colors if you pushed on the LED.

At any rate, still very good bang for buck and a great layout. Very happy with this board. Stuck the Danger Zone SA keycap set on it but not totally convinced. I think I will revert to the EnjoyPBT RU Cyan with GMK Bluegaloo accent mods.