Author Topic: [GB] Troubled Minds estimated ship date is March 10 or 11, 2016  (Read 86963 times)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
[GB] Troubled Minds estimated ship date is March 10 or 11, 2016
« on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 06:01:16 »
The Troubled Minds set is up on Massdrop! I would like to give thanks to everyone who participated in the design process, it was enjoyable and truly a great learning experience!

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/troubled-minds-sa-keycap-set

Here's some more mockups, I will try to add mockups for Planck and ISO in the following days:

« Last Edit: Fri, 26 February 2016, 01:36:43 by thesiscamper »

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: [GB] Troubled Minds is UP on Massdrop
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 10:50:54 »
Approved in Group Buys due to significant community involvement.  :thumb:

Any questions regarding this can be directed to myself.  :)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 10:55:57 »
I can't wait to get this set at my doorstep. I ordered one of everything save for the international and Dvorak/Colemak kits.  ;D

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 11:13:27 »
Thanks Hoff!

Offline cwils0n

• twiggletwaggle
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 11:45:24 »
I'm so friggin hyped for set!  All of your wonderful renders need to be put up on the massdrop page.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 11:47:38 »
I'm so friggin hyped for set!  All of your wonderful renders need to be put up on the massdrop page.

I'm pretty sure those are his renders on Massdrop, either way they look pretty damn good.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline cwils0n

• twiggletwaggle
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 11:49:34 »

I'm pretty sure those are his renders on Massdrop, either way they look pretty damn good.

Yes, but only a couple of them.  The 3 shown above aren't on there yet.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 11:55:45 »

Yes, but only a couple of them.  The 3 shown above aren't on there yet.

True, it would be nice if Massdrop had a sliding gallery at the top rather than just one image so you could cycle through them all.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 12:23:16 »
First community-designed set and first SA set for me.  Should be fun once they get here some time next Spring or so.

Offline cwils0n

• twiggletwaggle
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 12:24:25 »
Yup, I think that would be perfect.  They usually have a sliding gallery right before the "specs" for keysets with different colors and/or printing, so it shouldn't be too hard to implement something like that for all of camper's renders.

I feel that quite a few people end up jumping into GBs/drops once they have a "real" picture of what their keyboard will end up looking like.  I ended up adding an ergodox kit to my Carbon SA purchase solely because I saw the renders...I wasn't even intending to even build an ergodox at that point.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 12:31:02 »
Yup, I think that would be perfect.  They usually have a sliding gallery right before the "specs" for keysets with different colors and/or printing, so it shouldn't be too hard to implement something like that for all of camper's renders.

I feel that quite a few people end up jumping into GBs/drops once they have a "real" picture of what their keyboard will end up looking like.  I ended up adding an ergodox kit to my Carbon SA purchase solely because I saw the renders...I wasn't even intending to even build an ergodox at that point.

A sliding gallery would be great.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 12:42:25 »
In for one of everything as well.  No Troubled Mind here, this group buy is already at 300 strong.  EVERYONE, this group buy is  up for less than only 2 weeks so jump in now (or very soon) if you're interested :-)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 12:48:40 »
The community page has been updated: http://www.massdrop.community/mechkeys/troubled-minds/

:thumb:

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 13:25:04 »
MOQ on the main kits reached on day 2, nice!

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 13:54:42 »
The community page has been updated: http://www.massdrop.community/mechkeys/troubled-minds/

Dayummmmm. Base set and novelties already hit, numpad and alt-mods close, all on day 2. Impressive as hell.

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 14:27:12 »

Dayummmmm. Base set and novelties already hit, numpad and alt-mods close, all on day 2. Impressive as hell.

It's looking great. I still have my fingers crossed that the drop point for ISO can be lowered to 25.

Offline lashiel

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 15:12:41 »
Based on the traction so far, I feel like there may actually be a pretty decent shot of hitting the 2nd or 3rd drop points on at least some of the sets. Which I feel is pretty infrequent.

Trying to decide if I want a second novelty set so that I can have symmetrical CTRL keys...

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 15:14:17 »

It's looking great. I still have my fingers crossed that the drop point for ISO can be lowered to 25.
Massdrop said they can't raise prices after a drop has started, I should maybe try to woo the deskthority guys, might help with your ISO kit?

Also, Massdrop confirmed R4 shifts for Troubled Minds. :)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 15:17:12 »
Based on the traction so far, I feel like there may actually be a pretty decent shot of hitting the 2nd or 3rd drop points on at least some of the sets. Which I feel is pretty infrequent.

Trying to decide if I want a second novelty set so that I can have symmetrical CTRL keys...
I'm not sure what you mean, which novelty key are you going to use for CTRL?

Offline lashiel

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 15:25:07 »

Possibly the Angel's face, as shown in the render, except have that for both CTRL keys instead of just one.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 15:37:30 »

Possibly the Angel's face, as shown in the render, except have that for both CTRL keys instead of just one.

Oh I see, I intentionally limited heads/faces to only one key, as I imagine there's only one Joker, or Eva 01, or Sachiel, even in keyboards, if that makes sense.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 15:38:40 »

Oh I see, I intentionally limited heads/faces to only one key, as I imagine there's only one Joker, or Eva 01, or Sachiel, even in keyboards, if that makes sense.

Oh, wow. That does make sense. You really put a lot of thought into this considering this is your first set.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 15:42:02 »

Oh, wow. That does make sense. You really put a lot of thought into this considering this is your first set.

Thanks! I just thought it would be weird to see two Joker faces when you looked down. :D

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 15:46:26 »
Looks like the GB is going well! Congrats, I hope it all goes smoothly.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 15:51:12 »
Looks like the GB is going well! Congrats, I hope it all goes smoothly.

Thanks, and I just got another great news: Custom legends are good to go!  :thumb:

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 15:57:56 »
Oh mannnnn.. that white keyboard render looks so nice! 
Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 16:54:45 »

What time are they updating?  I thought they originally mentioned noon PST but I noticed the community page updated earlier than that and no noon update.  Glad to see it updating, though. 

Great progress on the buy thus far.  Glad to see it moving well.  Congrats on a job well done.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 17:20:11 »
The updates to the tracking stats do take a day and sometimes two for the update to occur.  Rest assure that the update will come.  Keep in mind there is movement up and down (people changing their order, people adding to their order, people taking things out of their order) which they take into consideration in making the change to the price points.  The price will definitely adjust though.  It just may take a few more orders in to guarantee the new price point holds.  Last anyone wants to see is the price go back up because 5 people made changes to their order affecting 95 other orders because of an order update. 

We'll all benefit in the end.  AND the more that jump in now, the more secure the lower price is for all of us.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 17:33:08 »

What time are they updating?  I thought they originally mentioned noon PST but I noticed the community page updated earlier than that and no noon update.  Glad to see it updating, though. 

Great progress on the buy thus far.  Glad to see it moving well.  Congrats on a job well done.

Thanks, I think they updated an hour earlier today. I'll be asking about updates everyday (except the weekends).  :thumb:

The updates to the tracking stats do take a day and sometimes two for the update to occur.  Rest assure that the update will come.  Keep in mind there is movement up and down (people changing their order, people adding to their order, people taking things out of their order) which they take into consideration in making the change to the price points.  The price will definitely adjust though.  It just may take a few more orders in to guarantee the new price point holds.  Last anyone wants to see is the price go back up because 5 people made changes to their order affecting 95 other orders because of an order update. 

We'll all benefit in the end.  AND the more that jump in now, the more secure the lower price is for all of us.

Yes, the base and novelties are currently unlocked, so we have the next drop points to look forward to. I'm planning to do more renders for other layouts so people will know what they'll look like instead of wondering if it will look good.  ;)

Offline Sissy

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 17:38:04 »
Thanks Doc

Offline lashiel

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 17:39:04 »

Aha! I understand now. Makes sense.

Offline slushi

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 17:45:25 »
Wish I could get in on this but between some mechmarket stuff and the TGR Jane GB, I am flat broke lol

HHKB Pro 2

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 18:21:27 »

Massdrop said they can't raise prices after a drop has started, I should maybe try to woo the deskthority guys, might help with your ISO kit?

That is great news about the R4 shifts.  I think a post on deskthority  would be good to bump the interest :)
I will sign up for 2 iso sets tomorrow and see how interest goes. I really wish more people in the EU wanted amazing keycaps

I wish we had an easy way to see how many child deals tipped and at what point in the past
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 November 2015, 18:24:02 by My_Thoughts »

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 18:41:58 »

That is great news about the R4 shifts.  I think a post on deskthority  would be good to bump the interest :)
I will sign up for 2 iso sets tomorrow and see how interest goes. I really wish more people in the EU wanted amazing keycaps

I wish we had an easy way to see how many child deals tipped and at what point in the past
I already started a thread in Deskthority, so that's done. I checked past group buys and both Danger Zone and Carbon didn't reach 50 orders for ISO, Carbon had 34 and Danger Zone had 46 if I'm not mistaken.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #34 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 19:00:46 »

Thanks, I think they updated an hour earlier today. I'll be asking about updates everyday (except the weekends).  :thumb:

Yes, the base and novelties are currently unlocked, so we have the next drop points to look forward to. I'm planning to do more renders for other layouts so people will know what they'll look like instead of wondering if it will look good.  ;)

Updating a bit early sounds about right.  I haven't specifically kept track of that on previous drops so wasn't positive what the situation was there.  Glad they're updating.  I won't complain at earlier updates.

Looks like we're not too tremendously far off on the numpad as of this morning also.  Great for those of us dwindling full-size keyboard users.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 20:42:18 »
Looks like we're not too tremendously far off on the numpad as of this morning also.  Great for those of us dwindling full-size keyboard users.

Us full-sized bastards need to stick together.  Imagine a world full of tiny 60% and TKLs, ......... oooohhh shudder to even contemplate that disaster.......  >:(

Offline Desastor

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 20:47:38 »
Sorry for sounding ignorant ('cuz I am as I just got into mech keyboards) but I have two DAS Keyboards that I want to customize.  Would you recommend SA keycaps for those boards or should I rather go with another keydesign option. 

My 8 year old has been bugging me after he saw the pics and wants to one of those sets for gameplaying.

Thanks,

D

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 20:52:15 »
Sorry for sounding ignorant ('cuz I am as I just got into mech keyboards) but I have two DAS Keyboards that I want to customize.  Would you recommend SA keycaps for those boards or should I rather go with another keydesign option. 

My 8 year old has been bugging me after he saw the pics and wants to one of those sets for gameplaying.

Thanks,

D
It depends on the model, das keyboards have standard and non-standard bottom rows, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 20:54:43 »

Us full-sized bastards need to stick together.  Imagine a world full of tiny 60% and TKLs, ......... oooohhh shudder to even contemplate that disaster.......  >:(
The consequences would be incalculable, because no numpads to calculate them with.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 21:17:04 »

Aha! I understand now. Makes sense.
The non-standard kit has two Eva and Joker faces, man I really neglected that kit...

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 00:07:37 »

I think if I ever went smaller than a full size keyboard, I'd end up buying a numpad anyway.

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 00:34:32 »

Thanks,

D
It depends on the model, das keyboards have standard and non-standard bottom rows, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe Das keyboards have standard bottom rows but I only had the full size one before
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 02:20:02 »

Thanks,

D

I believe Das keyboards have standard bottom rows but I only had the full size one before
Some are non-standard

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 03:27:00 »

That makes this officially the first set to use the new Row 4 Shift molds (since it's the first to get a production slot with them)! Milestone GB  :thumb:

Congrats, thesiscamper!
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 03:34:12 »

I already started a thread in Deskthority, so that's done. I checked past group buys and both Danger Zone and Carbon didn't reach 50 orders for ISO, Carbon had 34 and Danger Zone had 46 if I'm not mistaken.

Ah thanks for  checking. I think going forward maybe the drop point for ISO should be 10 or 15, so that it gets made and then hope more people join to lower the price.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 03:38:26 »

That makes this officially the first set to use the new Row 4 Shift molds (since it's the first to get a production slot with them)! Milestone GB  :thumb:

Congrats, thesiscamper!

Thanks! Great timing for SP and luck on my part. :D

Ah thanks for  checking. I think going forward maybe the drop point for ISO should be 10 or 15, so that it gets made and then hope more people join to lower the price.

There's still lots of time, I'll render an ISO mockup and hope to bring in a few orders so don't feel left out!  :thumb:

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 06:41:40 »
Thanks! Great timing for SP and luck on my part. :D

The Joker always makes his schemes come through with such deranged humour  ;D .

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 06:56:18 »
This set looks awesome, but I think I'm gonna have to pass on this one. Good luck reaching the drop points!

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 07:18:29 »
I'm bothered by the non-standard kit, and want to change it. Personally I think it looks weird to have two faces or heads of a character, but I'm not sure it's a good idea to significantly change the design when the drop is already active. Here's two options I came up with, the first is the one I prefer. It's not only cheaper than the other option, I feel it's aesthetically more pleasing since you can have symmetry.

The second one might be what some (or most) people want, 4 unique novelties. It also means a more expensive kit. Massdrop can't raise the prices since the drop is already active, so I might have to put out money for the two extra molds so the price stays virtually the same as now. I'm not even sure if that's how it works.

So, leave it alone, or change it to one or the other?

edit: words
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 November 2015, 07:20:47 by thesiscamper »

Offline Jedi

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 07:28:52 »
Best advice I would give is that you ADD a key to the kit to balance it out.  To counter the price variance, change the price on the MOQ next level up.  Removing keys could likely cause a lot of commotion among participants (likely even from non participants just because they have less at stake with regards to opinion).  This would be the most fair and make everyone appreciate the extra work put into the updates.  The issue with the add by people who wish to "discuss it" is that they are "paying for extra keys they don't want".  We've seen keys get added to kits during an active group buy in the past, so it does happen.