Author Topic: [GB] MAXKEY - SA Night King (Finished)  (Read 61171 times)

Offline SiegeTowers

Re: [GB] MAXKEY - SA Night King (Ended - Waiting for updates)
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 11:42:45 »
Hey there guys!! I'm sorry I haven't been able to reply but i have been checking my mail everyday and I'm supposed to be notified everytime someone will post a reply here right?? anyway, As the guy from above said, there's reallynot much update to say. We are under production and I honestly think we are still on schedule. Even I am not getting any updates from maxkey but i will let you guys know as soon as i get some. thanks!!! and again. i apologize!!

Offline BrintaVett

« Reply #101 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 13:09:25 »
Thanks for the message Siegetowers. Did you receive any product samples?

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #102 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 00:27:04 »
Thanks for the message Siegetowers. Did you receive any product samples?

I still haven't actually. I sent them an email about it right after new year. still no response from maxkey.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 07:51:30 »
Its pretty normal especially since its only been about 2 months. There isn't much to say until they are about to ship out or are delayed.
It's normal to have no updates at all yet when it's already the scheduled deliery month?  :rolleyes:

It won't happen in January. Feel pretty confident about that much.

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 21:59:28 »
Its pretty normal especially since its only been about 2 months. There isn't much to say until they are about to ship out or are delayed.
It's normal to have no updates at all yet when it's already the scheduled deliery month?  :rolleyes:

It won't happen in January. Feel pretty confident about that much.

yes. some drops don't even get updates til it gets shipped out. but hey they said this morning that production will be done by late january and can still ship out by then
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 January 2018, 22:02:00 by SiegeTowers »

Offline 1ate7

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 07:59:30 »
Thanks for the updates Siege. cant wait to receive the set.

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #106 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 21:32:58 »
Thanks for the updates Siege. cant wait to receive the set.

Sure man! anytime! I am really really sorry for not updating. It was an honest mistake. GH really didn't notify me all the time you guys are commenting i am really really sorry. I'll make sure to update you guys as soon as i get some.

Offline BrintaVett

« Reply #107 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 13:25:26 »
186302-0
It's waiting eagerly, but patiently to get dressed up ;)

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #108 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 00:27:51 »
(Attachment Link)
It's waiting eagerly, but patiently to get dressed up ;)

that's niiice!!! we have the same choice of board waiting for the set hahaha

Offline BrintaVett

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 09:23:47 »
Cool! Same case? What switches did you pick?

Offline anonymous

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 20:17:33 »

Looks like box blacks

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 02:57:51 »

always ergoclears but i might get box navies!!

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 03:17:45 »
Announcement!!

So after a few follow ups asking for update, they told me that they're just starting the color sampling today. I'm sorry but i think this will be pushed back. I wish i could've done something to prevent this but i think they are also filled with orders recently. Again I apologize everybody. I will give you updates non stop whenever i get some and will also keep asking from zf and maxkey.

SiegeTowers
Pindutan Club
Philippines

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 08:10:31 »
Colour me surprised

... not  :))

Thanks for the update anyway. Better to have these things confirmed than to be left with uncertainty.

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 08:15:09 »
Colour me surprised

... not  :))

Thanks for the update anyway. Better to have these things confirmed than to be left with uncertainty.

I'm really sorry mate. I literally ask them a dozen times if we're on schedule and said we are. Nevertheless we're doing our best to make things the best they can be. Thanks!

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 14:04:57 »
"YES WE ARE ON SCHEDULE!"

'Hey guys, that project should be done tomorrow, can I have an update?'

"Oh, we actually just started yesterday, and none of the parts have arrived yet."

Sounds like some people I work with...

No biggie M8, it's not your fault! If anyone joins a GB and expects to get their stuff on time, they need to learn a lesson, anyway...

The keyboard this is going on isn't even here to build, so I've got time!

Offline lawless

« Reply #116 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 13:29:24 »
So do we have an updated ship date?

Offline Zubame

« Reply #117 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 19:11:23 »
Is zFrontier going to sell extras of this set?

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 01:16:50 »
Hi there. Sorry for the late update. ZF and I have been pretty busy just to find a solution over maxkey's short comings. They refused to start production until we give them physical color sampled of the colors when in fact before thestart of the gb they reassured us that they can match our colors given our existing data and files we sent them. I ordered abs chips from SP and had them sent to maxkey just to effin get it started. Everything's just really frustrating and what's more disappointing is they didnt even tell us earlier!! It took us a dozen of mails just to know that they're having problems. Again i am sorry for the delay but i promise everything will be done by zf and me just to make everything perfectly.

Many thanks,

Siegetowers
Pindutan Club
Philippines

Offline onefunkynote

« Reply #119 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 09:56:39 »
Thanks for the update.  Shame that they misinformed you of what they could do, nothing you can do about that though. 

Offline lawless

« Reply #120 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 16:17:22 »
Hi there. Sorry for the late update. ZF and I have been pretty busy just to find a solution over maxkey's short comings. They refused to start production until we give them physical color sampled of the colors when in fact before thestart of the gb they reassured us that they can match our colors given our existing data and files we sent them. I ordered abs chips from SP and had them sent to maxkey just to effin get it started. Everything's just really frustrating and what's more disappointing is they didnt even tell us earlier!! It took us a dozen of mails just to know that they're having problems. Again i am sorry for the delay but i promise everything will be done by zf and me just to make everything perfectly.

Many thanks,

Siegetowers
Pindutan Club
Philippines

No problem. You're doing great, man. I don't think anyone expects these things to stay on schedule. We all appreciate all the work you've put into this. Super excited about this set.

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #121 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 16:37:22 »

Many thanks,

Siegetowers
Pindutan Club
Philippines
Don't get mad over Maxkeys shortcomings, you're doing all you can, we can see that from the updates and that's all that matters (at least to me lol) I'm really looking forward to this set and am glad you're updating us as you can, keep it up!!!

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Offline BrintaVett

« Reply #122 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 16:16:36 »
Thanks for the update! And **** like that happens, nothing you can do about that.

Offline MoebiuS451

« Reply #123 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 07:00:08 »
Well... received this from ZFrontier this morning. Confirmation that production is not launched yet...

"Dear customer,
We are sorry to announce that Maxkey Night King has been delayed.
Maxkey was not able to replicate the exact colors from Seigetowers' design till now.
We are working closely with the designer and helping Maxkey's factory to produce the qualified color sample. Mass production will start once the color samples get passed.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you!
Best regards,

zFrontier Customer Care Team"

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #124 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 07:05:22 »
Well... received this from ZFrontier this morning. Confirmation that production is not launched yet...

"Dear customer,
We are sorry to announce that Maxkey Night King has been delayed.
Maxkey was not able to replicate the exact colors from Seigetowers' design till now.
We are working closely with the designer and helping Maxkey's factory to produce the qualified color sample. Mass production will start once the color samples get passed.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you!
Best regards,

zFrontier Customer Care Team"

Yes. The color chips from SP is still on its way to the factory. I believe once they get it they will be able to get things done. Again I am really sorry that we are delayed but i can't settle with inaccurate colors. I want this to be the best it wasnmeant to be.

Offline BrintaVett

Re: [GB] MAXKEY - SA Night King (Delayed - Still under production)
« Reply #125 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 14:04:52 »
I Don't know if there are real life pictures of the fixed molds from MaxKey but I received a different set I ordered and thought you guys might find some pictures interesting. I Think this is a set with the fixed legends:

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #126 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 14:47:29 »
I think SA Ashen R2 had the first of the fixed molds. But there something about the OG Escape that I like, managed to snag a R1 a while back.

Offline BrintaVett

« Reply #127 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 16:14:53 »
Ahh I thought the fixes were made from SA Lime and didn't see pictures of that yet, missed the Ashen R2 then. Ah well...

Offline MoebiuS451

« Reply #128 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 04:18:10 »
I Don't know if there are real life pictures of the fixed molds from MaxKey but I received a different set I ordered and thought you guys might find some pictures interesting. I Think this is a set with the fixed legends:

I ordered the same one :D in transit ! Happy to see that "ESCAPE" "SHIF T" and "BACK SPACE" issues are solved, my last Miami set was based on the ancient molds.

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 19:32:24 »
Been almost a month after the promised finishing of production. Still no reply from maxkeys.

Offline lawless

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 19:54:10 »
Been almost a month after the promised finishing of production. Still no reply from maxkeys.

Have the received the color samples? If so has production started?

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 00:00:55 »
I believe they received it already but i've sent them emails regarding receipt or production and they still haven't replied from any of it.

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #132 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 07:33:31 »
Is Maxkeys in China?

If so, that'd explain it.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Ye11ow

« Reply #134 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 19:16:03 »

Lesson learned with Maxkeys, I guess? This **** would never, ever fly with SP.

Offline truong3016

« Reply #135 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 19:27:38 »
It's Chinese new year, all production will likely be delayed till mid MAR

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #136 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 03:00:45 »

Lesson learned with Maxkeys, I guess? This **** would never, ever fly with SP.

Lately I have not heard favorable things about maxkey's. I am starting to wonder if its a case of they become to popular to fast and can't handle the backlog.. are if its a case of just lack luster service. Kinda sad thought for SA fan's as SP and Maxkey's are the only two real SA producers I know of.

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #137 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 08:02:50 »
Yeah, I think it was sort of a big shift. For a while, SP had backlogs of YEARS, and tons of projects going through them... Then Maxkeys showed up and was like "Look what I can make for $100 in a few months!"... And then a lot more projects started going that way.

And last I heard, I think SP's SA backlog is down to 6 or 7 months...

Who knows... I'm not all that upset, though. It does suck that it's all so late, but at some point you just realize you're the passenger on the wild ride.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #138 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 13:27:07 »
Yeah, I think it was sort of a big shift. For a while, SP had backlogs of YEARS, and tons of projects going through them... Then Maxkeys showed up and was like "Look what I can make for $100 in a few months!"... And then a lot more projects started going that way.

And last I heard, I think SP's SA backlog is down to 6 or 7 months...

Who knows... I'm not all that upset, though. It does suck that it's all so late, but at some point you just realize you're the passenger on the wild ride.

SP increased capacity for SA and a lot of people have done maxkeys GBs, so SP's backlog is down to 6 months
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #139 on: Sat, 10 March 2018, 15:29:56 »
People say MT3 is a good alternative. Personally, I don't like my fingers cupped as much so its a pass for me.

Offline lawless

« Reply #140 on: Sat, 10 March 2018, 21:35:54 »
I know they say "no news is good news" but this lack of communication is maddening. I didn't expect these to ship on time but being two months late and having no information means I'll probably not take part in another GB involving Maxkeys and/or zFrontier. Spent a year designing and building a custom keyboard and it's been sitting unused for lack of keycaps for two months.

I don't blame Siegetowers at all, of course. He's did a great job with this set and I really appreciate all the hard work. This set is definitely worth the wait.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #141 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 01:12:05 »
Chinese New Year period is no excuse any more either.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #142 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 03:03:08 »
Honestly I place this at the feet of Maxkey's I hadn't seen any good news about them lately. I honest think it was they just got to big for there own good to fast and took on to much. I wouldn't really blame Z-Frontier or anyone other then Maxkey's for the lack of updates. I mean there might be nothing new to update.. The updates before this one, it honestly sounded like Maxkey's was doing there best to drag there feet in the sand about everything they could which lead me to the conclusion that perhaps the issue is simply Maxkey's taking on to much workload.

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #143 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 09:33:38 »
Hi there guys. I know all of us here are upset because of the delay that is happening. I really apologize for this but I am doing my best to get a word from zfrontier or maxkeys. I've been emailing them a lot but i still don't have any update as of now. Still hoping for the best.

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 00:49:59 »
So yeah, I'm back with the first news from mackey and zfrontier after the CNY. They just emailed me this morning just to inform me that theybhave just recieved the color chips from SP. One problem is SP made anmistake by not shipping the chip BFO with it that comprises the color for the alphas. They asked me if they can just proceed with the production with it but i don't think i can deal with that much ofna compromise. We've been waiting for a long time now and it'd be more disappointing if it will come to us inaccurate. Zfrontier told me that they've been clntacting SP to fulfill the defficiencies in our order but sadly SP is still not responding. So yeah. We have another delay.

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #145 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 00:58:42 »
Another word from zfrontier, i asked them what if we wait for the missing chip from SP, they told me that it usually takes around two weeks to arrive maxkey and if we wait for the BFO chip, maxkey might be able to ship it out by late april or early may.

I asked them(maxkey) if they can at least get a color that's close to BFO because i can't accept a compromise that big that we're gonna replace the alphas with a completely different color.

I'm in need of your opinion guys, will it be better to wait for the chip and have the set perfectnwith accurate colors but with a longer waiting time or do we have them mimic the color to something that is close but is very uncertain? Please do respond so I know which path to choose. After all this is all for you guys.
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 March 2018, 01:00:37 by SiegeTowers »

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 01:32:12 »
Zfrontier and I opted to just wait for the missing chips and asked SP to expedite the shipping.

Offline Junsnow

« Reply #147 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 01:55:35 »
i dont mind waiting 2-3weeks more bro. as long as the colors are perfect, i dont mind.

Offline nineleveno

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 02:01:14 »
I'm also fine with waiting -- might as well make it as perfect as possible.

Offline lawless

« Reply #149 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 01:08:05 »
Zfrontier and I opted to just wait for the missing chips and asked SP to expedite the shipping.

Good decision. You worked hard to design a great set and that's the set we want. A few more weeks isn't a big deal. The only thing bothering me was not knowing what was going on. Now that we know the situation and have a time frame, I'm happy. Thanks again for all your hard work, SiegeTowers. This set is going to make my custom build perfect.