Author Topic: [GB] MAXKEY - SA Night King (Finished)  (Read 61156 times)

Offline SiegeTowers

Re: [GB] MAXKEY - SA Night King (Delayed - Still under production)
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 19:23:46 »
Thank you for the appreciation man!!

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #151 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 05:54:06 »
I would say not wait as long as it's a close.

1) it's not like this set is targeting any kind of sacred palette. If you were making something in for example 'Carbon' or 'Penumbra' colours you would have a lot more expectation to nail the exact colours because people spend a lot on matching cases, artisans, cables etc. For this, if the colours don't match the renders 100% it's not the end of the world as long as they're reasonably close.

2) the closer it gets to the 180 day cut-off for Paypal disputes the more likely you are to see non delivery disputes / refund claims coming through. Especially considering original quoted timeline was around 2 months.

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #152 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 06:15:10 »
I would say not wait as long as it's a close.

1) it's not like this set is targeting any kind of sacred palette. If you were making something in for example 'Carbon' or 'Penumbra' colours you would have a lot more expectation to nail the exact colours because people spend a lot on matching cases, artisans, cables etc. For this, if the colours don't match the renders 100% it's not the end of the world as long as they're reasonably close.

2) the closer it gets to the 180 day cut-off for Paypal disputes the more likely you are to see non delivery disputes / refund claims coming through. Especially considering original quoted timeline was around 2 months.

Hi. I asked maxkey if they can proceed but they don't want to because they're afraid to face complaints from the community due to inaccurate colors. That's why we chose to just expedite the shipping.

Offline onefunkynote

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 11:26:13 »
Good decision on waiting for the correct color.  I mean, we've already been waiting this long, I don't mind waiting longer as long as I get the correct colors. 

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #154 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 22:29:04 »
SP shipped missing color chips via dhl. Will be receiving them on monday.

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #155 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 18:46:58 »
Expecting an update from maxkeys this coming monday.

Offline Rak8886

« Reply #156 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 23:35:09 »
Is it too late for me to buy the set or a spot?

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #157 on: Sun, 25 March 2018, 20:37:54 »
Is it too late for me to buy the set or a spot?

hi there mate. sad to say yes

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #158 on: Sun, 25 March 2018, 20:38:37 »
Update from Zfrontier,

The chips have been sent to maxkeys. Expecting actual color samples this week.

Offline Ye11ow

« Reply #159 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 09:57:49 »
Thanks for the updates, Siege. I realize this drop hasn't gone the way you were hoping, but I appreciate the transparency.

Offline DMacKB

« Reply #160 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 18:08:43 »
Making physical things even with local manufacturers is difficult. Add in international comms and a market where demand is higher than supply and you have a realy tough job. This buy was closed by the time I saw it but you did great work. Hopefully round 2 will come along and be easier :)

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #161 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 21:30:11 »
Thanks for the updates, Siege. I realize this drop hasn't gone the way you were hoping, but I appreciate the transparency.

u
Making physical things even with local manufacturers is difficult. Add in international comms and a market where demand is higher than supply and you have a realy tough job. This buy was closed by the time I saw it but you did great work. Hopefully round 2 will come along and be easier :)

Thank you for the appreciation guys! We're really doing our best to piece the things together in their rightful place. Couldn't have done everything without you!!

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #162 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 06:04:15 »
No more updates on the colour samples which were supposed to be sent weeks ago?
I don't mean to put pressure on you personally but I'm getting close to lodging a Paypal dispute for refund against zFrontier because yours isn't the first group buy I've seen them seriously drop the ball with and it's too much money to just leave to chance with a company with such a consistently bad track record. The Paypal dispute window closes at the end of April for me.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 April 2018, 07:28:23 by nathanchere »

Offline DMacKB

« Reply #163 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 06:06:31 »
Heya Nathan, if you scroll up he posted a week ago.
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 April 2018, 06:24:58 by DMacKB »

Offline MoebiuS451

« Reply #164 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 09:31:35 »
I don't mean to put pressure on you personally but I'm getting close to lodging a Paypal dispute for refund against zFrontier because yours isn't the first group buy I've seen them seriously drop the ball with and it's too much money to just leave to chance with a company with such a consistently bad track record. The Paypal dispute window closes at the end of April for me.

Do you mean zFrontier or maxKeys ?
In the first case, I just heared thinks about QC with the Time. There are another bad GB with them ?

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #165 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 10:12:56 »

Heya man. What I know is ZF already received the colorchips last monday and had them sent to maxkeys already. Still no update from them tho.

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #166 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 04:02:28 »
Good news everyone!! Maxkey has finished its color sampling and they sent the sp color chips and the samples to zfrontier today. ZF will be receiving them by sunday and by that time they'll be asking me for confirmation and after that we're good to go!!

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #167 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 09:08:54 »
Good news everyone!! Maxkey has finished its color sampling and they sent the sp color chips and the samples to zfrontier today. ZF will be receiving them by sunday and by that time they'll be asking me for confirmation and after that we're good to go!!
That's great news! Now we just have to have our fingers crossed that they didn't mess up the colors!!

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #168 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 12:23:13 »
Good news everyone!! ZF have sent me the color samples. Here they are!!

http://imgur.com/a/CowqK

Let me know what you guys think. I'll wait for a day to get your opinion after that if we're all good then we'll have everything started!!

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #169 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 12:26:15 »

Let me know what you guys think. I'll wait for a day to get your opinion after that if we're all good then we'll have everything started!!
I approve :thumb:

Offline gt1989

« Reply #170 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 13:06:05 »
They look really good to me.

Offline YiZZo

« Reply #171 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 13:30:42 »
Looks good to me too. Approved  :thumb:

Offline Landcaps

« Reply #172 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 14:08:32 »
they look nice man. approved  :thumb:

Offline bizzy11

« Reply #173 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 14:27:11 »
Cool set.
FC660C | FC980C

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #174 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 07:47:52 »
Look almost perfect!

I'm excited :)

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #175 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 08:00:36 »
Agreed, sample colours look pretty much spot on.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #176 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 10:23:23 »
So whats the new timeline? How long does production take?

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #177 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 10:27:52 »
So whats the new timeline? How long does production take?

Hi there, i still don't have a reply from ZF about the tentative timeline but i think maxkey can finish everything by early may. Well, hopefully.

Offline 1ate7

« Reply #178 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 13:19:50 »
Colors look great. Cant wait to receive this.

Offline le-37

« Reply #179 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 14:58:25 »
Looking good.
I for one, am patiently looking forward to production and shipping!

Offline BrintaVett

« Reply #180 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 14:03:55 »

Hey Siegetowers! Link isn't working, could you check? I'm very curious :)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #181 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 14:28:43 »

Hey Siegetowers! Link isn't working, could you check? I'm very curious :)

Works for me, but I know some people have been saying imgur is down for them.

Offline BrintaVett

« Reply #182 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 01:07:23 »
Yeah it's working for me as well now. Looks great!

Offline onefunkynote

« Reply #183 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 10:08:28 »
Those samples look great!

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #184 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 11:57:57 »
Just in from ZF!! Production promised to be finished by 20 days!!!!

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #185 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 12:04:23 »
Whoop! That's great news :)

Offline onefunkynote

« Reply #186 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 16:51:16 »

Awesome!!!

Offline Landcaps

« Reply #187 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 23:02:50 »

Yey, Finally!  :thumb:

Offline lovetree

« Reply #188 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 00:13:19 »

Yeah~~

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #189 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 03:23:58 »
Just filed a dispute / refund request with Paypal against zFrontier. I know SiegeTowers put a lot of effort into this but the dispute window is nearly closed and to be fair these were quoted at 3 months while it's now going on 6 months with still no actual signs of manufacturing even started. Even if it's ST's first time running a group buy like this, zFrontier really should have done more to get on top of things instead of letting it drag out in silence for so long.

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #190 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 09:24:44 »
Did you not see SeigeTowers' post like 3 replies up about production being done in 20 days? (According to Zfrontier)

There hasn't been any BSing with this group buy, so I'd be inclined to believe that.

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #191 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 10:34:19 »
Just filed a dispute / refund request with Paypal against zFrontier. I know SiegeTowers put a lot of effort into this but the dispute window is nearly closed and to be fair these were quoted at 3 months while it's now going on 6 months with still no actual signs of manufacturing even started. Even if it's ST's first time running a group buy like this, zFrontier really should have done more to get on top of things instead of letting it drag out in silence for so long.

Hey man. I know things didn't go really well with the scheduling of everything in this and I deeply apologize for that. Maybe my greatest fault in this was not updating the group for the lack or should i say non existent updates from either zfrontier or maxkey even though I email them on a regular basis. Maxkey didn't even inform me or ZF that they were having problems with regards to color sampling up until the end of February. Which was already too late to actually give me enough room to look for solutions. Even after providing alternate options or telling them about the order of color chips from SP, it wasn't until the second week of march that a different person from ZF sent me an email regarding a reassignment of a coordinator with the news about the receipt of the chips from SP. maybe the guy assigned to me before was underperforming. idk. Anyway, up to you man. If you really think waiting isn't worth it anymore then I'm really really sorry. Things didn't go according to plan. I still hope this set will be worth it for everyone.

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #192 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 10:57:12 »

Hey man. I know things didn't go really well with the scheduling of everything in this and I deeply apologize for that. Maybe my greatest fault in this was not updating the group for the lack or should i say non existent updates from either zfrontier or maxkey even though I email them on a regular basis. Maxkey didn't even inform me or ZF that they were having problems with regards to color sampling up until the end of February. Which was already too late to actually give me enough room to look for solutions. Even after providing alternate options or telling them about the order of color chips from SP, it wasn't until the second week of march that a different person from ZF sent me an email regarding a reassignment of a coordinator with the news about the receipt of the chips from SP. maybe the guy assigned to me before was underperforming. idk. Anyway, up to you man. If you really think waiting isn't worth it anymore then I'm really really sorry. Things didn't go according to plan. I still hope this set will be worth it for everyone.

Don't kick yourself too hard Seige, this was your first GB as a runner and there were some unusual circumstances surrounding it and the Chinese New Year didn't help the lack of communication. I don't disagree that it would of helped if you said there was no communication early on but since the initial update after that you have been phenomenal at updating us on this thread. What happened with this set was similar to how SP got backlogged I feel and honestly everyone in this hobby should be pretty patient regarding anything, we wait forever for a lot of stuff. I appreciate your communication and just want to let you know that you haven't done anything wrong with this buy. Keep it up man, I'm stoked for this awesome set!

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #193 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 11:10:15 »

Don't kick yourself too hard Seige, this was your first GB as a runner and there were some unusual circumstances surrounding it and the Chinese New Year didn't help the lack of communication. I don't disagree that it would of helped if you said there was no communication early on but since the initial update after that you have been phenomenal at updating us on this thread. What happened with this set was similar to how SP got backlogged I feel and honestly everyone in this hobby should be pretty patient regarding anything, we wait forever for a lot of stuff. I appreciate your communication and just want to let you know that you haven't done anything wrong with this buy. Keep it up man, I'm stoked for this awesome set!

Same bro. I'm really excited to finally see this come to life. Thank you for the continued support!

Offline SiegeTowers

Re: [GB] MAXKEY - SA Night King
« Reply #194 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 02:52:22 »
News from zfrontier. Maxkey said they'll be ready to ship by first week of may!!

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #195 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 02:59:38 »
News from zfrontier. Maxkey said they'll be ready to ship by first week of may!!

There is any pic of the keyset? 

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #196 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 03:04:53 »

There is any pic of the keyset?

Hi there. Maxkey still haven't given any yet but i already requested.

Offline lawless

« Reply #197 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 04:17:05 »

woot!

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #198 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 08:52:46 »
[EXCITEMENT RISING]