Author Topic: imagine going for 50km to buy a mobo and then realising you forgot i/o shield  (Read 7963 times)

Offline PlayBox

i don't need to imagine a few hours ago i went on a ~100km ride (both ways added) to get a asrock fatality b450 gaming k4 (bundled with r5 3600 and a cpu cooler) just to realise we forgot the i/o shield, the seller forgot to takme it out andi also forgot about it. i know its not much but still. its avaible on aliexpress though still dont want to pay more.
propably sent from my amazon kindle 10th gen

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Oops.

As it's only small you could ask the seller post it to you for the price of a stamp?
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline PlayBox

Oops.

As it's only small you could ask the seller post it to you for the price of a stamp?
thx for advice ill try.

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
Oops.

This 100%

Offline PlayBox

asked the seller to send it to me he said he will send it. propably send it by now

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Glad to hear it :)
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline yui

i don't need to imagine a few hours ago i went on a ~100km ride (both ways added) to get a asrock fatality b450 gaming k4 (bundled with r5 3600 and a cpu cooler) just to realise we forgot the i/o shield, the seller forgot to takme it out andi also forgot about it. i know its not much but still. its avaible on aliexpress though still dont want to pay more.
you use those annoying pieces of metal? i might have been unlucky but none of my 3 previous cases worked with the i/o shields of the motherboards i wanted to put in, so i do not bother :) (they do not serve really any purposes if you do not have very EMI sensitive things around, and are a bit careful when plugging things in)
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
you use those annoying pieces of metal?
I know I do - most motherboards have spiky bits to ground the ports against the I/O shield and without the shield they stick out and snag cables and/or fingers. I'm usually bleeding enough from random cuts and stabs after fitting a mobo without getting more connecting stuff, so even though my newest case was bought used and the hole was bent I spent a lot of effort to un-bend it and get the shield in.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod