Author Topic: [IC]Sanctuary Rebirth-Diablo-Inspired Exocet Keyset [Waiting for samples R2]  (Read 185450 times)

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
Here we go guys. your lunar new year isn't going to be better without some RED, so I figured this is a good time to post this.  :p

Welcome, Traveller.
This is an Interest check for Sanctuary rebirth.

The complete Render of the kit. please click to see the high-resolution image.
The complete album of the kit. please click to see the high-resolution image.

New Base Kit

Credit to u/Jebbra

TECHNICAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE GB:

-the set will be;
  - Cherry profile
  - PBT All-over Dye-subbed

- This set will be designed by me and u/Jebbra by community's input. I am basically the hype keeper for this GB.

- this is one of the example of 5-side dye-sub.

- The vendor are confirmed already!

TheKeyCompany for US Region , backed with zFrontier for EU/China/Asia/Australia/NZ

- as for the time of the GB,  ---> very soon

PRICING and ECONOMICS thing:

- The set price is being confirmed with the vendor.
- This is still being confirmed, but the MOQ should be around 50 sets. I think this is a realistic MOQ.

Link to the original Sanctuary Set ran back in 2013 (SP DCS)

TO DO LIST:
-Waiting for samples.

----
-Publicity @ discord, DT and reddit.

help me to get our MOQ with this, just copy-paste it to your signature:
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=94105.0][img width=480 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/6HtIDqJ.jpg[/img][/url]

« Last Edit: Wed, 15 May 2019, 22:42:50 by Dymloslouire »
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
hiya guys!

sorry for no update for so long. i don't like the radio silence but i think that's what happened when you don't have anything to update.

so first thing first.
this set is still alive.

keyreative ghosted us. fk em. we're switching factory to another factory. i'm gonna send em a super-toxic-copypasta by remsky truly to them later.

this new factory already got some reputation for making a decent reverse dyesub keyset, but i am still being skeptic here, so i am requesting another sample run to the factory.

we are stillll working close on this, so please gimme a chance. and be patienttttttt.

(i know it's gonna be another 1-year-IC, but this set is still gonna happen).

uhuhh and.
because the factory changed, the contents of the set will be changed as well. we are going to drop a few keys... but i hope not to many to hurt our compatibility.

and....
i hope moq doesn't change. tkc and zf are still going to support us on this but still.....

-----------------

Update as per 16th May 2019:

damn, Sorry for another radio silence! it's a slow update from factory.
but... we get the prototype sample done. they're en route to us right now.
GB very soon :tm: , organized by TKC (maybe he will ask zF to join him idk)!

Jebbra (my designer) has created a website for sanc. rebirth.
it includes kit update as well. please look at it!

https://jebbra.net/Sanctuary-Rebirth
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 May 2019, 22:40:00 by Dymloslouire »
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
neato

im in
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Glad to see this game a comeback. I'm in

Offline p_blaze

I need this in my life

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
Personally, I like icon+text mods, but if I had to choose between either text-only or icon-only, I'd pick text-only.

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
neato

im in

Glad to see this game a comeback. I'm in

I need this in my life

thanks!

Personally, I like icon+text mods, but if I had to choose between either text-only or icon-only, I'd pick text-only.
I agree with you as well, text adds more life to this keyset.

also i forgot 1 thing.

- novelties?

Offline mech0nly

Gas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
356CL DGE | 356mini | 360C | G81-3000SAT | G81-3000SAU | G81-3077SAU | ESA-3000-HASRO | G80-3000LPCXY-2 | G80-3485LWNUS-2 | 55g HHKB

Offline Vigrith

Oh let's GO son

Offline vtachkov

Yes please. I'm seeing a lack of upside-down crosses. Maybe that could be a novelty / shift icon mod?

Offline reijikyosuke

nice set that you made there!

Offline p_blaze

Maybe a set of teeth or horns for novelties?

Offline sevenseacat

Take all of my moneyyyyy

Suggested novelties:

* Town portal
* Potions
* Gemstones?

Offline reccatyo

Brings back old memories of playing diablo II.

Offline skizosavior

Definitely in, I will say that usually I'm a fan of Icon+Text mods, but for this set with the custom font, i think text only suits it better

Offline p_blaze

More ideas for novelties:

-demonic looking sword/ceremonial knife
-drop of blood
-pentagram
-skull w/crossbones

Offline HotRoderX

Honestly I am a fan of Dyesub to start with. I think the letters look amazingly crisp.. and at 99 dollars! I would be so down for a set of these!!

Offline Shados

Sweet. The red used in your image looks rather desaturated in comparison to DCS Sanctuary, though. Can we get some idea of the actual colours the set will end up with?

Also, a mono-legend version of the alternate numrow, with just the Roman numerals, would be neat. And moar novelties.

Offline The_judge_168

Looks good! DCS always a bit too thin for me so PBT would be nice

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
This set is my dreamset, you know I'm in.
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline Hawkfriend

• K E Y B O R T S
YUP

Offline Vulcan

Count me in! Les Gooooooooooooo

Offline bkw1209

I’m in

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
oh wow. this is beyond my expectation lol. thank you so much for the interest! renders are coming also, in the meanwhile all can i do is answer your question lol.

so...
Yes please. I'm seeing a lack of upside-down crosses. Maybe that could be a novelty / shift icon mod?

Maybe a set of teeth or horns for novelties?

More ideas for novelties:

-demonic looking sword/ceremonial knife
-drop of blood
-pentagram
-skull w/crossbones

thanks for the novelties input! will come soon tho, drops of blood looks nice, ceremonial knife will be too "witch doctor" for this set.
that skull also will do, but i'd have to change it to diablo skuul or demon skull, maybe something like this.

as for the upside down cross.. i didn't remember that diablo had upside down cross.
Take all of my moneyyyyy

Suggested novelties:

* Town portal
* Potions
* Gemstones?

i can also do this. but i need to think about which theme do i want to use, from Diablo 2 or 3.
but gemstone... which one? legendary one or usual one? (emerald, ruby, topaz etc)

Sweet. The red used in your image looks rather desaturated in comparison to DCS Sanctuary, though. Can we get some idea of the actual colours the set will end up with?

Also, a mono-legend version of the alternate numrow, with just the Roman numerals, would be neat. And moar novelties.
yeah, we're changing the red a little bit as we want the set to match the whole diablo universe, and we think our red are more representing the whole universe.
as for the actual colour, the renders with proper lighting will come up. so please wait.  :p

thanks for the input!
i'm trying to accomodate all the inputs, as we know that we can't add many keys if we want to stay on our plan to keep this set's price below 99.

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
I'm fully committed to buying a set. I don't have any good ideas about expansion sets because I keep to standard layouts. As for mods, I vote for text mods over symbols.

For novelties, there's a lot of possibilities. I'll personally try my hand at mocking up some vectorized symbols for the set when I get the time. And as far as as crosses go, they aren't ever really featured in the Diablo universe. The story may be about demons from the Burning Hells and angels from the High Heavens fighting for control of Sanctuary and the Nephalem holding the balance, but despite having "heaven" and "hell" the game tries to not actually associate visibly with Christianity. No crucifixes, no Jesus, no God. It's a more mystical and fantastical take on the themes of angels and devils.

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
yay  :thumb:

about the mods, I actually don't mind either, though based on the pic on OP: the Home, End, Insert, Delete, Page Up, Page Down keys don't look very good to me (the font size is too small compare to other keys)
maybe we should shorten them to Home, End, Ins, Del, PgUp, PgDn
or use icon mods ?  :-\

also, could you consider adding split-spacebar support?  2.75u, 2.25u, 1.75u blank keys.  :p

---
Happy Lunar New Year!

Offline vpr

Severed Ear novelty?

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
yay  :thumb:

about the mods, I actually don't mind either, though based on the pic on OP: the Home, End, Insert, Delete, Page Up, Page Down keys don't look very good to me (the font size is too small compare to other keys)
maybe we should shorten them to Home, End, Ins, Del, PgUp, PgDn
or use icon mods ?  :-\

also, could you consider adding split-spacebar support?  2.75u, 2.25u, 1.75u blank keys.  :p

---
Happy Lunar New Year!

about the mods, we are also working on it. big chance that we will shorten that. as for now, text mod is still my first priority, as my principle is either go full text or go full icon  :p

yeah, i need split spacebar as well, so bear with me  :))

Show Image

Severed Ear novelty?
I'll see what i can do  :D

man...but I do feel bad for that sorc.  :'(

I'm fully committed to buying a set. I don't have any good ideas about expansion sets because I keep to standard layouts. As for mods, I vote for text mods over symbols.

For novelties, there's a lot of possibilities. I'll personally try my hand at mocking up some vectorized symbols for the set when I get the time. And as far as as crosses go, they aren't ever really featured in the Diablo universe. The story may be about demons from the Burning Hells and angels from the High Heavens fighting for control of Sanctuary and the Nephalem holding the balance, but despite having "heaven" and "hell" the game tries to not actually associate visibly with Christianity. No crucifixes, no Jesus, no God. It's a more mystical and fantastical take on the themes of angels and devils.

yeah, that's why cross isn't just feasible. but coming along to this way, my ideas for novelties are already so much. i even have to take out some of the novelties as there's also key limit as well.

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
I'm 100% in for this, especially in Cherry profile thick dye-subbed PBT! Don't get me wrong, I love me some thick double shot ABS but those sets need to be babied in order to stay decent looking for a long time, thick dye-subed PBT on the other hand can literally get dragged through hell & still look brand new on the other side, LOL! Not to mention the pricing difference between the two & no Exocet legends with GMK or JTK. I think it would be awesome to have a very customized set like this that i don't have to worry about how much usage I'm putting on it.

As far as compatibility goes I'd personally like to see an extra 2.25u shift for 660M, 1.75u shift, 1u R1 Fn, 1u R1 Alt, 1u R1 Ctrl, R3 Page Up, & a R2 Page Down for 68 key layouts. For style a extra red Esc, Enter, & arrow cluster would be nice. I already see a bunch of great ideals for the novelties in this thread, the only things I would have to add for that is one of the novelties really should be of this,
189043-0
drawing of Diablo. Obviously it would have to be simplified but I think a simplified version of that in black on a red key would look amazing. Also maybe work in a simplified version of this,
189045-1
drawing of Malthael just have something from D3 in the set.

With such a low MOQ, seemingly high interest, & great pricing I think this set will do great! :thumb:
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 February 2018, 22:49:10 by Rob27shred »

Offline p_blaze

I'm 100% in for this, especially in Cherry profile thick dye-subbed PBT! Don't get me wrong, I love me some thick double shot ABS but those sets need to be babied in order to stay decent looking for a long time, thick dye-subed PBT on the other hand can literally get dragged through hell & still look brand new on the other side, LOL! Not to mention the pricing difference between the two & no Exocet legends with GMK or JTK. I think it would be awesome to have a very customized set like this that i don't have to worry about how much usage I'm putting on it.

As far as compatibility goes I'd personally like to see an extra 2.25u shift for 660M, 1.75u shift, 1u R1 Fn, 1u R1 Alt, 1u R1 Ctrl, R3 Page Up, & a R2 Page Down for 68 key layouts. For style a extra red Esc, Enter, & arrow cluster would be nice. I already see a bunch of great ideals for the novelties in this thread, the only things I would have to add for that is one of the novelties really should be of this,
(Attachment Link)
drawing of Diablo. Obviously it would have to be simplified but I think a simplified version of that in black on a red key would look amazing. Also maybe work in a simplified version of this,
(Attachment Link)
drawing of Malthael just have something from D3 in the set.

With such a low MOQ, seemingly high interest, & great pricing I think this set will do great! :thumb:

+1

Offline ipley

I'll Waiting...

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
Split space? Under $100? Yes please!
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline moonmembrane

Can't wait for this!

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
This looks pretty damn good. I'll be keeping a look out for it. :thumb:

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
Thanks for all the support!

As far as compatibility goes I'd personally like to see an extra 2.25u shift for 660M, 1.75u shift, 1u R1 Fn, 1u R1 Alt, 1u R1 Ctrl, R3 Page Up, & a R2 Page Down for 68 key layouts. For style a extra red Esc, Enter, & arrow cluster would be nice. I already see a bunch of great ideals for the novelties in this thread, the only things I would have to add for that is one of the novelties really should be of this.
i'll consider the novelties.
but as for your key request, i can't guarantee an extra 2.25u for 660m, but can guarantee the other (i want 65~75% compatibility as well)
for extra red, i'll have to count the keys as well  :-X

Split space? Under $100? Yes please!
i'll try to keep it... i'm trying here  :p

Offline HotRoderX

I just wanted to add if it helps keep cost down! I thinking novelties could be optional for a set like this are there could be 2-3 novelties at most. The reason I am saying this is with every key being a unique font .. its like the entire set is a working Novelties key

Offline RyuDragoon

And I just bought DCS Sanctuary aftermarket too... Sign me up for this set as well.

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
we are working with the vendor regarding compatibility sets right now.

Offline Morgan3Wheeler

I am in
KMAC Happy red HHKB / KMAC Mini red / KMAC 2 86 / 45-ATS cerakote white / Matrix Noah avocado green / Matrix2.0 WKL yellow / Matrix2.0 WKL red / Matrix2.0 add WKL / Matrix Abel X RX-78 / Matrix Abel X Eva / Matrix1.2 OG WKL purple blue / Percent BOOSTER yellow /  Percent CANOE yellow / Percent Canoe2 casio / Percent SKOG mao / TGR 910 CE pink / TGR Jane CE WKL olive green/ TGR Jane V2 WKL blue gray/ TGR Jane V2 CE WKL / TGR Alice red / Keycult No. 2 Rev. 1 / EXENT65 black / GRAYCOD 67 mao / CA66 e-white / Think6.5 V2 LE / Think6.5 V2 robocop / Think6.5 V2 snow white / SPACE 65 R1 black / Typewriter68 e-white/ E6.5 pc / E7-V1 mao white/ E8.5 WKL e-white/ Voclano660 e-white / Moon by EVE WKL carbon / JER-Mini gray / JER80S NCR WKL geekhack / JER80S NCR WKL Korean / Dolumina65 black / Elephant S7 R2 e-white / Bear 65 ergo e-white, black, blue, pink, PC / Fox key65 e-white / Cyberboard purple / Saturn-60 moondust / Saturn-60 supernova / Infinitum / Rama M65a e-white / Rama Jules navy / Rama Zenith ouro / Rama U80-A Seq2 soya / Primus75 / 7V blue / / Cajal gray / Cajal e-white / SQUARE.X 6ea / Time 80 Reforged WKL e-white / J-01 rev1 Black / J-02 LE Poker e-white / OTD 356 Mini R1 red / LZ-CE red / LZ-CE gray / LZ-CLSms silver/ LZ-PhysiX gray / LZ-SQ SE titan gray / LZ-EX titan gray /  LZ-ST silver / LZ-FE WKL silver/ LZ-CLS WKL silver/ LZ-CLS WKL black / LZ-MP gray / LZ-MX SE titan gray / LZ-CP black-blue / LZ-CP red-red SE / LZ-RV gray / Light Pad silver / Light Pad gray / Octagon V2 gray / Orion V2 WKL silver-red / Orion V2.5 WKL gray / Dol Pad dolch / Dolinger 2017 dolch / Dolinger RE yellow/ Dolinger RE PC / Whale-Fe / Dolphin V3 dolch / Montage PC WKL / F1-8X WKL gray / F1-8X WKL navy / F1-8X WKL burgandy / AL.BOK WKL silver

Offline p_blaze

Dymloslouire, do you have a rough ETA for the GB? /dev/tty is up on MD right now and I'm really tempted... if this doesn't launch soon enough I won't be able to hold myself back  :'( :'(

Offline sevenseacat

Dymloslouire, do you have a rough ETA for the GB? /dev/tty is up on MD right now and I'm really tempted... if this doesn't launch soon enough I won't be able to hold myself back  :'( :'(

Do what I'm doing and buy both! lol

Offline p_blaze

Do what I'm doing and buy both! lol

Yeah, I want to... I think I'll wait for this and get /dev/tty next year

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire

I'm still working with my friend and vendor about the set lol. my guess is around summer, so if you want to go tty, go ahead.  :p

Offline p_blaze

I'm still working with my friend and vendor about the set lol. my guess is around summer, so if you want to go tty, go ahead.  :p

ripperoni
do you know the turnaround? If I can get it by the end of the summer I'm all good

Offline Vigrith

Good on you for that - bunch of cool sets for now, a Summer release will do you best in my opinion. With Space Cadet, Skidata+ R2 and Terminal R2 in the air you just gotta make sure you try and dodge those as best you can, we're golden!

Offline ipley

when does it start?

I'll Waiting...

Offline HotRoderX

Good on you for that - bunch of cool sets for now, a Summer release will do you best in my opinion. With Space Cadet, Skidata+ R2 and Terminal R2 in the air you just gotta make sure you try and dodge those as best you can, we're golden!

Skidata and Terminal are getting R2's? my poor wallet!!!

Offline duckboi

Skidata and Terminal are getting R2's? my poor wallet!!!

Terminal R2 is coming up soon! I think it was supposed to  be in March.
The m0ar empty you feel,  the m0ar space for Keycaps..

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire

everyone, please read this. this is my consideration as well  :))
tbh space cadet isn't my cup of tea, but, i'm sold on skidata and terminal already.
it turned out that we need to work on the compatibility set a bit more. please stand by and just... take it slow. i want something "riped and matured", not just "half-baked" this time. (that because i want this so much.)

Offline HotRoderX

I think your on the right track and slow is the way to go!!! just remember to update every once and a while keep the hype going.. I have seen some pretty amazing keysets not do so hot cause the creator refused to give updates.. are to even hype the product!! I am also jumping on Terminal and skidata... I am like you I am luke warm to cadet I am sure others will like it thought..