geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] Neuron: Top Mount 40% Keyboard - October GB Start!

(1/9) > >>

wokechill:
Group-Buy Now Open:https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=102681.msg2816365

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Geekhack,

I've been working on 40% keyboard, and wanted to share my progress and get feedback. I am an avid 40-50% keyboard user, and while there are quite a few well-designed staggered boards around that size, I wanted to make something with the features and layout that suited me best. I wanted to combine the features of my favorite sub-60% boards to create a clean, high-quality board with a great sound, unexpected heft, and HHKB blockers. Behold: the Neuron!

Prototype Pictures:

Chameleon cerakoted aluminum case prototype:https://streamable.com/up6tn

Supported Layouts:

Features:
* 2.5 degree polycarbonate or anodized aluminum case. (No separate top and bottom piece: all one piece)
* Top-mount plate available in sandblasted brass or polycarbonate plate (and possibly acrylic with sufficient interest, holler at me).
* 5mm thick sandblasted brass weight with NEURON engraving.
* QMK-compatible black PCB designed by Worldspawn; on-board atmega with USB-C.
* Supports full-size 6.25u or 2.25u/2.75u split space layouts. No ortho.
* No LEDs. No in-switch or RGB. Something something compatibility, get a Razer if you want that.
* Aluminum case with brass plate version should weigh around 2.5 lbs.
* Estimated cost $230-245
The polycarbonate and aluminum cases have arrived and being evaluated; so far everything is going smoothly. There is a small run of 15 units being shipped now in a private run for testing, then an open GB will start in October. I am aiming for an October 1st GB start date, with definitely polycarbonate and probably aluminum being offered for case materials. There is a 2:1 preference currently for polycarbonate over aluminum case materials, but sound off if you want it made! The GB will run for a month. Thanks for reading!

Ahngel:
Nice! Definitely in for a pc case

Macmutant:

--- Quote from: Ahngel on Sun, 02 June 2019, 18:07:29 ---Nice! Definitely in for a pc case

--- End quote ---

+1 for a PC case.

PyroL:
Wokeboi gimme keeb :zoomeyes:

dingusxmcgee:
I feel like I’m going to have to get a second job with all these 40s this year :'(

Though I don’t know if I can get rid of at least one key to the right of L. Gotta have my quotes/semicolon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version