Author Topic: HHKB Pro 2 Love  (Read 438646 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: HHKB Pro 2 Love
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 18:46:08 »
Just had this come in the mail!

Show Image

From a friend in Japan where the price difference between pro 2 and type-s is much smaller :)

As much as I love the sound of the normal topre switches (FC660C in my case), the type-s is very satisfying to type on. The whole experience feels tighter when you don't have the upstroke sounds. The biggest gain is the spacebar, which makes a hell of a noise on my FC660C, but is beautifully uniform sounding on this.

Also surprised at how good these 45g domes feel after using 55g for the last few months!

Now to learn this layout...

Nice - congratulatinos! :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Emospence

« Reply #151 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 20:01:24 »
Just had this come in the mail!

Show Image

From a friend in Japan where the price difference between pro 2 and type-s is much smaller :)

As much as I love the sound of the normal topre switches (FC660C in my case), the type-s is very satisfying to type on. The whole experience feels tighter when you don't have the upstroke sounds. The biggest gain is the spacebar, which makes a hell of a noise on my FC660C, but is beautifully uniform sounding on this.

Also surprised at how good these 45g domes feel after using 55g for the last few months!

Now to learn this layout...

Which do you prefer?  ;D
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #152 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 20:56:07 »

Which do you prefer?  ;D

I don't have a definitive answer to that yet sorry, will see how I feel after a week of use :thumb:
HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #153 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 10:58:42 »
Am I really the only one that is odd ball? No HHKB Pro JP love?
HHKB Pro JP Type-S | Northgate Omnikey 101 | APC/"Clicker" F-21 (GOG3YL) | Cherry G80-5000 HAMDE

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #154 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 11:47:25 »
Where did you get that cover? Same place as the rest?

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #155 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 11:49:16 »
Bird Electron JP

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #156 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 11:54:52 »
Yeah, it's pretty sweet. But did they make it for the Lite 2? I notice it has space where the arrows on that board might be.

Offline goobus

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #157 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 11:57:37 »
Just posted this in the mail thread but figured I would post it here too since I can't contain how happy I am with this! HHKB Type-S!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 November 2013, 12:01:01 by SpAmRaY »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #159 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 12:24:11 »
looks like elite might carry it but currently OOS/coming soon

http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?pid=rf_hhek

"Made In USA"

Nah.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #160 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 12:33:04 »

"Made In USA"

Nah.

maybe Made in U.S.A. = assembled with parts from Japan

Probably because those small black pieces have to be attached....

Offline 127001

« Reply #161 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 14:40:22 »
Got mine today.  :)

I really like the thing. It's not what I expected at all.

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #162 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 20:11:30 »
Got mine today.  :)

I really like the thing. It's not what I expected at all.

Congratz , you are really going to enjoy this keyboard

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #163 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 21:34:49 »
It was supposed to come in Wednesday but got delayed to today... the majority of my last paycheck from the part-time I quit went to this thing and I blame it entirely on this thread... fml.

Now to decide which one to keep... the 660C or this HHKB... Let the testing begin.

Offline terran5992

« Reply #164 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 23:17:54 »
Worth it

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #165 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 23:40:43 »
Now to decide which one to keep... the 660C or this HHKB... Let the testing begin.

I'm curious to hear what you think of the two. I'm going to buy either the FC660C or the HHKB, but I'm not sure I want to spend the extra cash for the hhkb. When you've fully tested, I'd love to know what you think of the hhkb layout.
main kbs:  87UB (55g)  Custom Filco TKL (62g clears)

WTS JD40, Custom Ergoclear Filco

WTB ROHS Red BBv2 (Topre), OG EK Tri-Color Skull (TOPRE)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #166 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 00:01:35 »
Worth it

I'm curious to hear what you think of the two. I'm going to buy either the FC660C or the HHKB, but I'm not sure I want to spend the extra cash for the hhkb. When you've fully tested, I'd love to know what you think of the hhkb layout.

I'll agree that it's worth it because the HHKB is a glorious keyboard, but is it worth more than a 660C? I think not, at least not yet. We'll see :P

For now, my rough thoughts:

- HHKB has a more raw feel because of the plastic case mounting which is nice and fun, but I prefer the softer feedback which the 660C provides because of the steel plate. 

+1 point 660C for dem feelz

- The famous and worthy thock on the HHKB is awesome, as expected, but I also still love the springier and poppier (not real word but you get what I mean) sounding thock on my 660C just as much. People who have tried both or have a 660C probably should know what I mean when I say springier and poppier.

Tie here. They both sound awesome in their own ways.

The looks I'll have to give to the HHKB because of the more uniform look and prettier blank keycaps. The 660C is just as pretty but those Leopold stock caps....

+1 point to HHKB for dem lookz.

So for now, they're on equal standing... this is too difficult :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #167 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 00:19:53 »
Congratulations localhost and Vesper - welcome to the club!

HHKB is a bit unexpected, but it grows on you quickly.  Mine did :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #168 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 00:38:15 »
Here's my unmodified one.

Show Image

Love this with the blanks!!

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #169 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 04:30:51 »
It was supposed to come in Wednesday but got delayed to today... the majority of my last paycheck from the part-time I quit went to this thing and I blame it entirely on this thread... fml.

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image

Didn't take you long to flip that spacebar bro...
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 November 2013, 04:33:35 by kelske »

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #170 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 21:05:43 »
One more week for my HHKB to arrive. My sister is in Japan and I shipped to her via amazon.co.jp which seemed to be the cheaper and most convenient way to get a HHKB compare to retail store.

Can't wait!

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #171 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 23:55:05 »

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image

Excellent color choice, blank white has always been my favorite.  :D

At first I also thought the FC660C felt nicer, but after a while I began to prefer the HHKB. The FC660C almost feels lighter and less tactile to me.

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #172 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 14:49:21 »

Bird Electron JP

"Made In USA"

Nah.

Yeah, it's pretty sweet. But did they make it for the Lite 2? I notice it has space where the arrows on that board might be.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/ELECTRON-%E3%82%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%9C%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E3%83%AB%E3%83%BC%E3%83%95HappyHackingKB-103%C3%97290%C3%9713mm-%E3%82%A2%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AA%E3%83%AB%E8%A3%BD-RF-HH/dp/B004CCC5EG/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1383325015&sr=1-2&keywords=%E3%83%90%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E9%9B%BB%E5%AD%90

^^ It says lite & pro in description

"Made In USA"

Nah.

maybe Made in U.S.A. = assembled with parts from Japan

Probably because those small black pieces have to be attached....

I apologise for the delay in response. Yes both Bro Caps and SpAmRaY were spot on there. They are made by Bird Electron JP.  Here is their site (warning: Japanese only): http://shop.bird-electron.co.jp/shopbrand/008/P/

They (Bird Electron) also makes a whole bunch of other accessories, even for HHKB and fair few others. Also Bird Electron gets a mentioning on PFU Limited's site (warning: Japanese only): http://www.pfu.fujitsu.com/hhkeyboard/option.html

Even more accessories for both HHKB and others from PFU Limited website. Again all Japanese only:
(Note: There are plenty of accessories for other things but I try to link the ones that I found containing items for HHKB).

For the U.S. version found on elitekeyboards.com I guess they are waiting for the interest/pre-orders to mount up before they manufacture them to for the potential owners. Inevitably there's no photos for them so I don't think there any information as to what they look like.

The little gap on bottom right I believe was deliberately made. Not sure of the exact reasoning behind it, possibly with those owners of lite2 the (smaller) arrow keys are probably overhanging compared to any of the regular key caps on the HHKB series. Maybe it would probably look ugly if they have to make the bottom right sort of stick out on an angle just to cover the arrow keys for the lite2 and would probably look ugly if the subsequent owner does not have the lite2 variant.

As for buying the keyboard roof and other accessories (some). They can be ordered from PFU direct (which is basically PFU's online shop for ordering stuff directly from PFU manufacturer I guess) also Japanese only: As I was writing this post I noticed they had HHKB branded T-shirts for sale from PFU. I never actually realised that! oh well maybe I'll wait (and hope) that they will have varied versions for HHKB Pro JP and/or HHKB Pro Type-S, etc. Then again it would probably never happen anyway.  :p

Though specifically, when I ordered my HHKB with accessories, I did not actually order them from PFU direct myself, but rather through a private Japanese proxy. I actually never knew that PFU direct would stock those non-PFU related accessories on their own site until not long ago (as of writing). Of course, one doesn't really need to order them through PFU direct if they choose not to. amazon.co.jp and rakuten.co.jp both stock keyboard and keyboard accessories (of sorts).
I would have presume that my private Japanese proxy would have ordered all my HHKB accessories through PFU direct because not only PFU has them available but it would be a heck a lot easier to just order them from one site and let PFU in this case deal with the accessories and what not.

Here are some more photos of HHKB with keyboard roof. Iniitally I thought one of the photos was the elitekeyboards.com variant of the keyboard roof but on closer inspection, that was not the case in other words it was the Bird Electron variant. These photos are obviously not mine. I only have HHKB Pro Type-S JP (white):

42414-0

42412-1

42416-2

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/elektrizer/galleries/72157623693270050/ and http://www.flickriver.com/photos/tags/hhkb/

Just posted this in the mail thread but figured I would post it here too since I can't contain how happy I am with this! HHKB Type-S!

Very nice photo! Now you can compare the photos of your HHKB Pro Type-S box against mine (HHKB Pro JP Type-S).  ;D
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 November 2013, 15:33:58 by tuxsavvy »
HHKB Pro JP Type-S | Northgate Omnikey 101 | APC/"Clicker" F-21 (GOG3YL) | Cherry G80-5000 HAMDE

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #173 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 14:53:43 »
The covers on EK aren't the same. They used to be sold, sold out, never restocked.

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #174 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 15:35:04 »
The covers on EK aren't the same. They used to be sold, sold out, never restocked.

o.O It would be nice if there were photos of it. I never seen the elitekeyboards.com variant of HHKB keyboard roof.

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline morpheus

« Reply #175 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 22:47:29 »
Worth it

I'll agree that it's worth it because the HHKB is a glorious keyboard, but is it worth more than a 660C? I think not, at least not yet. We'll see :P

For now, my rough thoughts:

- HHKB has a more raw feel because of the plastic case mounting which is nice and fun, but I prefer the softer feedback which the 660C provides because of the steel plate. 

+1 point 660C for dem feelz

- The famous and worthy thock on the HHKB is awesome, as expected, but I also still love the springier and poppier (not real word but you get what I mean) sounding thock on my 660C just as much. People who have tried both or have a 660C probably should know what I mean when I say springier and poppier.

Tie here. They both sound awesome in their own ways.

The looks I'll have to give to the HHKB because of the more uniform look and prettier blank keycaps. The 660C is just as pretty but those Leopold stock caps....

+1 point to HHKB for dem lookz.

So for now, they're on equal standing... this is too difficult :(

I would keep the FC660C. I know exactly what you're talking about the feedback on the FC660C. It's actually more pleasing than the HHKB IMHO. I have both and I'm thinking about trading my HHKB for a Realforce.

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #176 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 01:02:24 »
Got my HHKB 2 days ago, I really like topre ;D. Haven't really learned the layout yet but that will come.
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #177 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 01:27:05 »
Congratulations localhost and Vesper - welcome to the club!

HHKB is a bit unexpected, but it grows on you quickly.  Mine did :)

Thanks!!! It sure does feel great to be part of this exclusive club! It took me 2 years to get there but the wait was worth it. It really does live up to the expectations :P I remember seeing one nearly 2 years ago and going crazy about it... until I saw the price... I told myself, "That's waaaay too expensive for a freaking keyboard, and I'd have to be retarded to spend that much money on one keyboard"......... I currently own 4 pieces of Topre hardware... each very expensive :))

I've already gotten used to the layout (took a good day and a half to get a good grasp of it). I can see ergonomics of it, but I still prefer my standard layout... but the looks and sound won't let me go...

Didn't take you long to flip that spacebar bro...

Lol! Yeah, bro... I love me my flipped spacebar... the regular position literally has the bottom edge of the spacebar cutting into the middle of my thumb, and my thumb is only making contact with the edge when I press down; it's not very pleasant.

Excellent color choice, blank white has always been my favorite.  :D

At first I also thought the FC660C felt nicer, but after a while I began to prefer the HHKB. The FC660C almost feels lighter and less tactile to me.

I agree with you that the blank white and grey keys are adorable on the HHKB! I would also love the white/grey keys on a black case too!

I do love the distinct feel of the HHKB, and find it to be very fun and and the case mount feels plastic-y (which may sound like a bad thing but it's actually a very good thing, and I love it!!!). However, I still do love the springy/pop-ier feel on the 660C as much, if not more than the HHKB. I actually think the 660C is actually more tactile because of that, but I think the whole thing may be subjective thing.

I would keep the FC660C. I know exactly what you're talking about the feedback on the FC660C. It's actually more pleasing than the HHKB IMHO. I have both and I'm thinking about trading my HHKB for a Realforce.

Yeah, dood. You know exactly what I mean. The 660C is just more springy, poppy, and soft. I wouldn't necessarily say it's better than the feel of the HHKB, but more just preference, and so far, I think the 660C just feels more satisfying to type on, purely based on switch feel. The plate does an amazing job softening up the bottoming out feel, and provides awesome feedback.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 November 2013, 01:31:10 by VesperSAINT »

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #178 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 01:35:33 »
Digging up some older photos...

Offline terran5992

« Reply #179 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 01:43:10 »

Show Image

Looks amazing aside from the right shift

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #180 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 01:44:22 »

Show Image

Blame Thorpe corporation for not giving the HHKB love in their keycap sets T_T

It bothered me too much not having the proper profile with the cap that actually filled the space. So I went with that

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #181 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 01:52:26 »

Show Image

so bootiful... dat chartreuse skull... :'(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #182 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 03:07:59 »

Show Image

That green goes so well with the black!

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #183 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 03:49:27 »

Show Image

That colour scheme (apart from the skull caps) sort of reminds me of the Monster energy drinks they have for sale where I live: http://www.energyfiend.com/wp-content/caffeine/monster.jpg

Sorry but I can't help to think it as such.  :))

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #184 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 03:59:01 »

Show Image

That colour scheme (apart from the skull caps) sort of reminds me of the Monster energy drinks they have for sale where I live: http://www.energyfiend.com/wp-content/caffeine/monster.jpg

Or V?

http://www.v.co.nz/#products

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #185 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 04:07:24 »

Show Image

Or V?

Nah, original V cans had more green colour as background compared to Monster having black background. I would say it would look like original V should the colours of that keyboard and the case be opposite (that is green case with black keys) lol.  ;D

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #186 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 04:13:50 »
How about this...?

More

:))

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #187 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 05:09:23 »

Show Image

Or V?

Nah, original V cans had more green colour as background compared to Monster having black background. I would say it would look like original V should the colours of that keyboard and the case be opposite (that is green case with black keys) lol.  ;D

V black?

http://v-energy.com.au/products/v-black/

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #188 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 06:06:01 »
How about this...?

More

Show Image
:))

Show Image

Sorry but I can't help to think it as such.  :)

Or V?

V black?

http://v-energy.com.au/products/v-black/

A razer branded stuff..

Then the V black, which came a lot later after that Monster energy drink. :p Anyway I'm not going to change my mind with what my first impressions of, whatever the black case with green key caps would signify to you or anyone else is totally depends on your own experiences. I respect all the inputs of what it would remind people of but I'm sticking firm with whatever I said initially.

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #189 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 08:19:29 »

Show Image

Blame Thorpe corporation for not giving the HHKB love in their keycap sets T_T

It bothered me too much not having the proper profile with the cap that actually filled the space. So I went with that

I do agree its better than putting the caps lock there.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #190 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 13:55:30 »

Show Image

hmmmmmm so yeah I want a HHKB Pro now wow  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #191 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 14:19:49 »
After this post I'm done spamming geekhack with my favorite photos from today's impromptu photo shoot after I flipped the spacebar (third thread  :eek:). I know it's overkill, but I am technically showing my 'HHKB Pro 2 Love'!

Realforce 87U Silent (work) | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco Minila browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #192 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 15:21:14 »
Really liking my HHKB for the past 5 days I've been using it. So glad i tried topre before I started to really spend money on expensive MX stuffs :D
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline theMANtonio

• Go Hawks
« Reply #193 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 17:18:03 »
After this post I'm done spamming geekhack with my favorite photos from today's impromptu photo shoot after I flipped the spacebar (third thread  :eek:). I know it's overkill, but I am technically showing my 'HHKB Pro 2 Love'!

Beautiful. I need some blank white keys for my black HHKB!

Does turning the spacebar like that make much of a difference? I guess I don't have the problem of the spacebar affecting my thumb much,

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #194 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 17:24:03 »

So beautiful. I am pretty much looking to do the same thing with my board.
Leopold FC660M MX Reds | Poker X 62g  Ergoclear modded and plate modded (out of comission) | IBM Model M 1391401 | Dell AT101 | Compaq RT101 | HHKB Pro 2 | WASD CODE TKL MX Clears

Avid vape collector and advocate. I used to work at to renowned vape shops here in New Jersey. Message me for any vape related questions.

Main driver : WASD CODE TKL MX Clear

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #195 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 19:46:03 »

Does turning the spacebar like that make much of a difference? I guess I don't have the problem of the spacebar affecting my thumb much,

Didn't affect mine either, really. I tried it because I heard a lot of people talking about it and I'm really glad that I did. Besides the fact I think it looks cooler and more unique (personal opinion), it actually feels so much better and strangely, more natural.

Thanks for the kind words on my board!
Realforce 87U Silent (work) | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco Minila browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline terran5992

« Reply #196 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 19:48:19 »

Didn't affect mine either, really. I tried it because I heard a lot of people talking about it and I'm really glad that I did. Besides the fact I think it looks cooler and more unique (personal opinion), it actually feels so much better and strangely, more natural.

Thanks for the kind words on my board!

There was a thread about the flipped spacebar not too long ago.
All thanks to CPTbadass

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #197 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 02:52:09 »
So I am typing this in my new HHKB Pro 2 black and I can't say for sure it is love yet but I do have a couple of questions but I am not sure if I want to rescan 7 pages of this thread or other threads so....
1. for arrow keys, I have to press the FN key down. What are your usual mode of doing this? I find that using my right hand pinky to press the Fn down and the the rest of the fingers on the diamond shape keys are awkward and tiring. Is there a better way?

2. I need to get used to Command-Tilde on the right hand to switch between open window in the Mac; normally I use the left hand instead because they tilde is on the left. This is a bizarre layout. Any tips?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #198 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 03:06:22 »
So I am typing this in my new HHKB Pro 2 black and I can't say for sure it is love yet but I do have a couple of questions but I am not sure if I want to rescan 7 pages of this thread or other threads so....
1. for arrow keys, I have to press the FN key down. What are your usual mode of doing this? I find that using my right hand pinky to press the Fn down and the the rest of the fingers on the diamond shape keys are awkward and tiring. Is there a better way?

2. I need to get used to Command-Tilde on the right hand to switch between open window in the Mac; normally I use the left hand instead because they tilde is on the left. This is a bizarre layout. Any tips?

Due to my somewhat chaotic typing method, I might not be the best to respond to this, but ...

1. I usually do Fn with my right thumb, then press the arrow keys with my right index or middle finger.

2. Right thumb on right command, and right index finger on ~` (which happens to have my 3D CC on it atm).

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #199 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 03:10:32 »
2. Right thumb on right command, and right index finger on ~` (which happens to have my 3D CC on it atm).

TYPING ON A CC :eek:

JK... kinda :))