Author Topic: Static Shock damaged LED on Filco TKL?  (Read 717 times)

Offline vario

Static Shock damaged LED on Filco TKL?
« on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 14:03:01 »
I own a Filco Majestouch Ninja II TKL.  The keyboard is 100% stock.  I picked up a good bit of static (nylon workout pants) in my dry house today and touched my keyboard.  I believe it was the escape key I hit.  I felt the static shock in my finger tip and  the keyboard ceased working.  I turned computer off, un plugged and replugged it.  Boot into windows and so far everything appears to work okay however the capslock LED no longer illuminates.  I am surprised it discharged into plastic, I must have had a good bit of static.  Scroll lock LED still illuminates.  LED's annoy me so I am not too sad about its loss.

I tested each key and I believe they all still work, also it appears the Nkey rollover still works.  Any ideas? Should I expect this thing to keep working provided it isn't accidentally static shocked again?

The KB was on PS/2 port via adapter.  Since reboot I have tested USB and PS/2 but LED still won't illuminate.  Very surprised as the Escape button is as far from the LED as you can get, so possibly I accidentally damaged the controller?

« Last Edit: Tue, 03 February 2015, 14:04:37 by vario »