Author Topic: Season 3 League of Legends players?  (Read 3669 times)

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Season 3 League of Legends players?
« on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 19:03:04 »
I've been recently into League of Legends quite a bit (i know, im one of a kind, a unique flower, among 16 million others >.<) and i was curious as to if any of you GH forum bros would like to join me for some games sometime? Sort of still getting the hang of Season 3. I'm not the greatest, i have close to 900 wins and around 1460 elo, but always trying to get better. Feel free to add me! (Espically if you main support ;D) ::: KangarooZombies.
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO
Re: Season 3 League of Legends players?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 20:09:06 »
just making a public service announcement:

please don't spend money on this game.  you can play it, but don't feed their insanity.  i have been banned from this game five separate times by insane children simply for the following:

1. i play a game with my friends
2. i am harassed by teammates or enemies
3. i explain the exact terms dictating the irrationality of their harassment
4. i am reported for being able to intelligently describe the insanity of others
5. i am banned from the game

or alternatively, i will occasionally say things like "gonna gitchya."  my latest tribunal card features me being banned simply for saying that.  this is all while playing dominion, the least-serious game mode which doesn't even have a ranked component; i can't imagine how awful it is in ranked matches.  seriously, these children don't understand the concept of video games existing as a form of entertainment to be enjoyed -- they believe it to be some prepubescent proving grounds.

the tribunal is simply an outlet for passive-aggressive children who have absolutely no control or influence over anything else in their lives, and riot takes advantage of this to ban players from the game to continually cycle them back into spending money on the same crap they've already purchased.

and they don't give a ****.  i hope eventually someone walks into that place with a gun since they're breeding the exact kind of people who would do such a thing with their callous, abusive money-grabbing approach to running a game.  fear and violence are the only approach to ruling the unconscious simian mind, it seems; reason is a no-go.  hilarious, too, since the game exists upon a medium which exists solely for rational minds who wield the arcane powers of sense-makery.  a lost art, in modern times.

and it's a shame too, because i actually liked playing that game.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 January 2013, 20:11:26 by precarious »

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 20:14:10 »
If you want to play LoL... don't.

Just play dota 2. It's much better, more challenging, polished and has a better community on the whole.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 20:19:57 »

Just play dota 2. It's much better, more challenging, polished and has a better community on the whole.

Eh, I don't know about that. Plenty of people still like to flame there and the MOBA community in general kinda sucks.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline singaporean123

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 20:23:58 »

Eh, I don't know about that. Plenty of people still like to flame there and the MOBA community in general kinda sucks.

Once you get into a higher tier, people do spend less time flaming and more time on focusing on the game itself.

The thing with LoL(for me personally) is that because it is more simplified, it doesn't have a very steep learning curve, lots of immature kids log on to play and flame. Considering that LoL is a F2P game that anyone can play, the community becomes so vast and diverse that you get a higher number of *******s in every corner of the game.

IMO Valve >Riot

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 20:29:21 »
IMO Valve >Riot

that's probably all that needs to be said.  valve is kind of like that game studio you love 'cause they generally do things that don't suck and actually care about the community, or whatever.

riot is basically EA or Activision and only cares about making money.  the divide between the relatively-tight development of the actual game as opposed to the business side of things is pretty remarkable, though; you usually don't see those kind of production values in a company that's run so horribly.  it's a pretty simple game though, once you get down to it, so that may explain it.

Offline missalaire

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 20:32:11 »

Once you get into a higher tier, people do spend less time flaming and more time on focusing on the game itself.

The thing with LoL(for me personally) is that because it is more simplified, it doesn't have a very steep learning curve, lots of immature kids log on to play and flame. Considering that LoL is a F2P game that anyone can play, the community becomes so vast and diverse that you get a higher number of *******s in every corner of the game.

IMO Valve >Riot

Dota 2 is F2P too though. The only thing that kind of restricts some people from playing Dota 2 is not having an invite/beta key. I can't speak for higher tier experiences in Dota 2 as I haven't played Dota 2 enough and haven't observed enough higher tier games, but I still imagine you get trolls and some of the same behavior that happens in higher tier games in LoL. High elo games in LoL are generally better than those in the average elo, for most players who are around the average though, the game experience in most MOBAs seem to be generally the same. How does Dota 2 handle toxic players?
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 20:34:38 »
I didnt expect this to turn into a valve vs riot thread. Honestly, whatever man, if you enjoy the game, add me to play. I dont care about the politics behind which company is "better". BOTH communities suck. The only thing you can do to make it better is try and find people to play with that arent asshats.
Having a bad day?

Offline Sai

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 21:08:36 »

this !
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline singaporean123

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 21:14:22 »

IMO Valve >Riot

Dota 2 is F2P too though. The only thing that kind of restricts some people from playing Dota 2 is not having an invite/beta key. I can't speak for higher tier experiences in Dota 2 as I haven't played Dota 2 enough and haven't observed enough higher tier games, but I still imagine you get trolls and some of the same behavior that happens in higher tier games in LoL. High elo games in LoL are generally better than those in the average elo, for most players who are around the average though, the game experience in most MOBAs seem to be generally the same. How does Dota 2 handle toxic players?

I've spent about 600hours on dota2 so far, and people don't usually troll on purpose just to ruin the game.. If enough people reports you/ you leave a game, you get into "low priority" for 24hours to xx weeks. This means it takes longer when you matchmake, and you'll be playing with the trolls/leavers.

from my experience, trolls don't get much satisfaction from flaming other trolls... And because not everyone has more than one betakey, they don't risk it much.

It would be nice if valve implements an elo in dota 2 like in LoL. Would be great to see your own progress, etc.

Offline Champloo

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 21:36:43 »
I didnt expect this to turn into a valve vs riot thread. Honestly, whatever man, if you enjoy the game, add me to play. I dont care about the politics behind which company is "better". BOTH communities suck. The only thing you can do to make it better is try and find people to play with that arent asshats.

Unfortunately, this is the standard operating procedure when talking about League of Legends, Dota 2 or Starcraft 2 as of late.  League is a fun game, I play it with my friends and I have spent roughly 40 dollars on skins.  I have also tried Dota and Dota 2 and I just prefer to play League, it is a bit more laid back but also, when me and my friends from home want to play ranked 5's we can take it a bit more seriously. 

Riot is far from perfect, in fact I would agree with the majority that Valve reigns supreme in terms of understanding how to work with their game.  Riot puts out to many champions, they use Adobe AIR and their balance team appears to be incompetent but I don't care about that because their game gives me an outlet to have fun with my friends, some of which have a very hard time dealing with the high skill gap of Dota.

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 02:10:41 »
I HATE ADOBE AIR.

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 02:37:37 »

I agree.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 02:56:48 »
Well, although I am fine both, I really like LoL game mechanics better than Dota2.

Cos in LoL spellcasters and support heroes are much stronger during late game than in dota2, cos of the AP stat.

Gives you more incentive to play spellcasters I think

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 03:00:29 »
^
Thats the only reason I enjoy playing LoL at all.
The fact that spellcasters gets stronger with AP is so appealing to me, and the fact that mid is so ****ing easy to play makes it rather fun too.
Still can't get away from the fact that this game needs so much less of a player then dota is a joke.

Offline Sai

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 03:23:19 »
if you are playing support, you are pretty much done for when it is late game phase in dota2 unless u have one escape item at least.
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 03:29:46 »
In dota2 sometimes 1 escape item is not enough LOL.

Late game support exist only for their slows, stuns, dot, and then, to die for the team if necessary, oh, and wards.

So as for spellcasters.

If some of LoL's mechanics are applied to dta2 it would be perfect LOL

Offline singaporean123

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 03:44:35 »
In dota2 sometimes 1 escape item is not enough LOL.

Late game support exist only for their slows, stuns, dot, and then, to die for the team if necessary, oh, and wards.

So as for spellcasters.

If some of LoL's mechanics are applied to dta2 it would be perfect LOL

not true.. Late game supports have the ability to turn the entire game around. A well timed reverse polarity/ravage/blackhole/stun/ etc wins the entire game.

A good support doesn't rely on merely the ability of the hero to keep themselves alive.

Good positioning, wits and skill saves lives!

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 03:52:21 »
We were talking about lower elo play, I suppose.

Chances of brilliant placements and spell timings are low, but not impossible to see. And dota game mechanics require slightly more readup than LoL mechanics on what stacks and what doesnt, slow, stuns. crit multipliers, AS stacking, splash etc etc etc

Cos dota2 is designed with perfect high level play of every player in mind, LoL is slightly more forgiving, but at high level play, its still fundamentally similar.

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 04:36:03 »
Making this thread...
Having a bad day?

Offline singaporean123

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 09:30:11 »
We were talking about lower elo play, I suppose.

Chances of brilliant placements and spell timings are low, but not impossible to see. And dota game mechanics require slightly more readup than LoL mechanics on what stacks and what doesnt, slow, stuns. crit multipliers, AS stacking, splash etc etc etc

Cos dota2 is designed with perfect high level play of every player in mind, LoL is slightly more forgiving, but at high level play, its still fundamentally similar.

I agree with what you've said. I've played dota->dota 2->LoL -> dota 2. My friends decided to make a jump to LoL because they weren't able to play well in dota 2, so I made the switch to play with them as well. Turns out we switched back to dota 2 after awhile, haha.

The +points of LoL is that it's less demanding on the graphic cards. My 6 year old laptop is able to play LoL, but unable to play even torchlight2 -.-.

But I am quite biased against LoL when it comes to the management of things, and the fact that pendragon(one of the forum admin/or something decided to close the entire dota 1 forum and put an advertisement for LoL when he sold out). I just don't like how Riot is using their money to get everything they want, and you have to use money to get the trivial cosmetics(which I believe comes with most f2p games).

At the end of the day, it's really up to the user.

IMO play LoL at the start, then make the switch to dota 2 if you're in for something more challenging.

@OP: Meh it's no mistake, there will always be two sides to anything!

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 10:00:47 »
Funny how this thread quickly became a fight between lol and dota.

Personally, I went from dota to hon to lol and in the end I prefer lol because it is more oriented on going all out and taking risks. They both let you play competitive, they both let players flame all they want, in the end, it is how you prefer to play that should mater most. I havent tried dota2 so I can't tell anything about it, but what I saw seems to be exactly like dota.

As for the money, just to make things clear, ALL game compagny out there try to make the most money they can. As for myself, lol has been free to play and it still is.

Also, I think it is quite a big accomplishement what lol did with the pro scene. They managed to make it interesting enough to have a real sport league, and thats not small thing.

So to get back to the main reason of this thread, my name on lol is FlammingKeg (na server). I am about 1350ish elo, trying to get to 1400. Mainly a mid player and surely no adc.

IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 10:02:14 »
OP wasn't asking about Dota2 vs LoL...he was looking for people to add to his buddy list. Holy derailed thread.

I find Season 3 to be pretty interesting, I like a lot of the new items and I mained ADC in Season 2 so it's nice to have some variety with builds lol. But AD bruisers feel really strong in Season 3, I'm liking top lane a lot too. Unfortunately I don't get to play as much because I moved earlier this summer and my internet sucks, I go from 98 ping to 2k+ ping randomly -___-

Offline Vyr1s

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 10:27:43 »
WTB mod to clean this thread up!

Feel free to add me if you like - Vyr1s
I have all but 3 champs and fill any role.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 10:29:34 »
I play only support on both sides.

EDIT: I am important! Whooipie!

CM, Lich.

And only sona on LoL. :-* :-*

But freaking SG uses garena instead of riot.....so I cant play with you guys LOL.

But dota2 should be fine :))

Offline t2russo

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 15:58:54 »
Coming from very high queue matchmaking, pretty much only captains mode Dota 2, grinding my way to level 30 has been the most tedious thing I've ever encountered.  I'm smashing kids on my way through at about 70% wins in soloqueue only, but my buddies who are already 30 have told me that it takes almost 300 games to get to 30, due to the XP scaling?  I'm at level 15 with 54 wins now, I'm hoping I got majorly trolled...  I don't mind these powderpuff games, but when do I get to the good stuff?  I can't get inside the heads of these smurfs I play against, since I would think no one would want to have to deal with this boring crap.

Offline missalaire

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 16:01:55 »
Coming from very high queue matchmaking, pretty much only captains mode Dota 2, grinding my way to level 30 has been the most tedious thing I've ever encountered.  I'm smashing kids on my way through at about 70% wins in soloqueue only, but my buddies who are already 30 have told me that it takes almost 300 games to get to 30, due to the XP scaling?  I'm at level 15 with 54 wins now, I'm hoping I got majorly trolled...  I don't mind these powderpuff games, but when do I get to the good stuff?  I can't get inside the heads of these smurfs I play against, since I would think no one would want to have to deal with this boring crap.

It does take a while to level an account from 1-30 in League of Legends, but it's much faster if you're willing to shell out a couple bucks for timed XP + win based XP boosts (they double up).

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 16:17:51 »
It does take a bit, but its nothing compared to the good ol 1-60 grind on WoW back in vanilla. I both hated and loved that. Anyway, im currently leveling a alt account around that level!! Feel free to add PandaZombies if you wanna play some games with my alt! :)
Having a bad day?

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 16:21:56 »
League of Legends is awesome. I'm almost level 30 --- my user name is lazerpointer HMU
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline reverkiller

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 18:47:55 »
I played about 250-300 games of DoTA in high school (I was really really bad :p), switched to League about 2 years ago and have since clocked about 900 wins. I have about 40 games of Dota2 played, and I'm starting to really like that!

Anyway, my name on both is pump if anyone wants to play. I haven't played much the past month though (something about being home for break makes me not want to play video games at all. I'm some sort of oxymoron!)
Stockpile: Das Keyboard Ultimate (Blues), Ducky YotD (Reds), Model M ('87), Poker (Reds), Siig Minitouch (ALPS) || In Progress: Phantom || Wishlist: Filco Japanese Layout (Browns)

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 19:23:38 »
I have some copies of DOTA 2 if anyone dosent have a copy yet. Feel free to add me on steam :) // KangarooZombies.
Having a bad day?