Author Topic: Comfort Keyboard - Ergonomic Keyboard  (Read 4897 times)

Offline iggysaps

Comfort Keyboard - Ergonomic Keyboard
« on: Thu, 14 May 2009, 23:56:00 »
One of the hardest things to find is an ergonomic/mechanical switch keyboard.    I have been looking all over and the only ones that I know of are the ones that kinesis makes which has brown cherry switches, the cherry ergoplus which can no longer be bought brand new, and the northgate omnikey.  

I was wondering about what key switches this  Comport Keyboard uses...it's description is: Key Switches: Conductive elastomer rubber designed for 60 million cycles

I tried researching conductive elastomer rubber switches but couldn't find much info on it.

Anybody ever try this keyboard or know about that particular switch?  It's specs/description can be found here http://www.comfortkeyboard.com/keyboards_comfort.html
Cherry G84-4100 cherry ML switches
Cherry G80-3000 blue cherries
Dell AT101W (2)
Solidtek ASK-6600
Unicomp Spacesaver buckling spring
Key tronic designer P2

Offline kyamei

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 15 May 2009, 00:28:11 »
Sounds like a fancy way of saying rubber dome to me.  I do remember seeing rubber domes being called "conductive rubber" before.
Topre:  Realforce 101, Realforce 87U, HHKB Pro 2
Cherry Brown:  Compaq MX11800
Cherry Blue:  Filco FKBN87MC/EB
Cherry Black:  K-202 numerical keypad
Alps Black:  AT101W, ABS M1
Alps White:  Focus FK-2001
Buckling Springs:  Model M 1391401, Lexmark Model M 82G2383, Model M2
Buckling Sleeves:  Unicomp Model M4
Futaba:  Sejin EAT-1010

Offline MsKeyboard

switch info
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 15 May 2009, 11:24:20 »
The comfort uses a membrane switch that also incorporates a mechanical setup affixed to the bottom of the key, giving it a "clicky" feel. Specs for comfort boards here
http://www.fentek-ind.com/Comfort-keyboard.htm

Hope that Helps

Ms Keyboard

Offline lowpoly

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 15 May 2009, 11:32:35 »
Conductive rubber usually is like the chiclet key switch. The rubber dome contains a small piece of conductive rubber that is pressed on a pcb instead of a membrane and connects the circuit paths there.

Miniguru thread at GH // The Apple M0110 Today

Offline naveed

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 18 June 2009, 11:36:05 »
I used to have one of these and it has a horribly mushy feel.

Offline IBI

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 18 June 2009, 15:17:31 »
Quote from: iggysaps;90986
One of the hardest things to find is an ergonomic/mechanical switch keyboard.    I have been looking all over and the only ones that I know of are the ones that kinesis makes which has brown cherry switches, the cherry ergoplus which can no longer be bought brand new, and the northgate omnikey.  

Plus the IBM M15, Marquadt mini ergo, Apple Adjustable Keyboard and Maltron's range.
Owned: Raptor-Gaming K1 (linear MX)(Broken), IBM Model M UK, Dell AT102W, Left-handed keyboard with Type 1 Simplified Alps.

Offline wheel83

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 18 June 2009, 18:05:13 »
I owned a northgate omnikey and I still own a PC Innovation KB7000 or something.  both white alps, but i didnt like the backspace/enter layout.
I <3 BS